Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
I haven't played as Isaac much since I actually unlocked the D6 I definitely should just grind out runs as him and go reroll crazy in devil rooms I think. It makes me laugh when I look at my achievement and see I have all the no-hit challenges but no guppy :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
It took me a loooong time to ever become Guppy in the first game. As you get better over time you'll start getting more devil rooms, and then it just starts happening. I become guppy all the time in Rebirth now. It'll come eventually. And it will be awesome, and cute!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've done pretty much everything other than the lost and meat boy/bandage girl,and I don't have the D4.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Ariong posted:

I think that voluntary damage sources do not affect it. Curse rooms, sacrifice rooms, blood banks, devil beggars, etc.
In the original, curse rooms and sacrifice rooms counted as red heart damage for devil deal purposes, while blood banks and devil beggars did not. I'm pretty sure it's the same in rebirth.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Things that take red hearts first don't count. Things that don't do.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Well dark bum, we had some good times together but you blew your last chance with me. I prefer not having spiders chucked at me all game, probably cost me as many soul hearts as he spawned.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
His spiders also cost me some runs where I desperately needed Soul Hearts and he threw spiders in my face every time. He's pretty much a worse version of the Mitre now. I'll still pick him up if I see him in an item room, but I'm skipping him if I see him pop up in a Devil room.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
When he picks up hearts and you leave the room without waiting to see if he pays out, he spawns the spider right on top of you in the next room.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Well this is a frustrating run. As Eve, I've no hit the entire game up to Mom and gotten a devil or angel room on each floor and have gotten no items out of them except for dead dove. All of them were soul heart rooms and triple red chest rooms.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

TheModernAmerican posted:

Well this is a frustrating run. As Eve, I've no hit the entire game up to Mom and gotten a devil or angel room on each floor and have gotten no items out of them except for dead dove. All of them were soul heart rooms and triple red chest rooms.

I wonder, are the red chest devil rooms just random occurence (what are the chances then?) or some things make them more likely?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dark Bum has yet to attempt to hurt me.

Just blue soul hearts forever and ever

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

He occasionally gives me spiders, but it's always the good blue ones, not the lovely red ones. :shrug:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

One of my Lost runs ended on a Dark Bum red spider :mad:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ajkalan posted:

One of my Lost runs ended on a Dark Bum red spider :mad:

Why would you pick him up as the Lost? He literally can't do anything but harm you.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Because it is dark bum? :confused:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

http://platinumgod.co.uk/darkbum/not

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

Why would you pick him up as the Lost? He literally can't do anything but harm you.

Can't he rarely drop blue spiders now? You're right though, Dark Bum is the very definition of pointless for the Lost.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Game blessed me with a Lord of the Pit so I just found a safe place and let Ludo Friend do its thing.

Also, does ???'s Best Friend scale with damage? I don't think it's considered a familiar so BFF doesn't affect it.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Got bored trying to get Guppy so I decided to unlock The Lost. On my Judas run I got all 3 Guppy items in one devil room...it was very heartbreaking to have to die to moms foot :(

Check that off the list finally

-edit- I just finished what should have unlocked it, dying to Satan (not his brimstone it was the spread bullet attack), and the little lost ghost came out of me but no unlock. Can you not use seeds anymore to do the Isaac/Maggie parts of the run? I don't really know why it wouldn't have worked I saw the lost ghost come out of whoever I died on all 4 times. Used a seed to start Isaac in a room next to a muliboom and to give Maggie Pyromaniac but I did the Judas and Azazel runs by hand. You can still use R to reset the Azazel run right as long as you don't fully die?

Scorps fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 19, 2014

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
1+1 + PhD + Piggy is hilarious on blood donation machines. A minimum of 8 pennies payout each time.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
What? You don't have Bloody Penny to complete the cycle?

Psh

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Or swallowed penny to give you even more cash.

It's funny how many ways there are to get nearly infinite in Rebirth.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Is there anything that stacks with The Poop?

I mean they at least could support a combo of battery-items and/or Habit plus e Coli, Bob's Curse or Common Cold to produce your own regenerating toxic poop traps in a room.

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

I usually take my time and clear the entire floor, make sure I take advantage of the arcades, etc. I've been ending so many runs lately with 99 coins.... I try to pop as many as I can into the donation machines but there's just not that much of a sink for them after the Depths. Gotta start doing runs faster so that I hit Boss Rush more often, I've only gotten through it once so far.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Scorps posted:

-edit- I just finished what should have unlocked it, dying to Satan (not his brimstone it was the spread bullet attack), and the little lost ghost came out of me but no unlock. Can you not use seeds anymore to do the Isaac/Maggie parts of the run? I don't really know why it wouldn't have worked I saw the lost ghost come out of whoever I died on all 4 times. Used a seed to start Isaac in a room next to a muliboom and to give Maggie Pyromaniac but I did the Judas and Azazel runs by hand. You can still use R to reset the Azazel run right as long as you don't fully die?

The little ghost always comes out of you when you die. Are you sure you died to satan and not the fallen that comes before?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

AbstractNapper posted:

Is there anything that stacks with The Poop?

I mean they at least could support a combo of battery-items and/or Habit plus e Coli, Bob's Curse or Common Cold to produce your own regenerating toxic poop traps in a room.

When I finally did Purist last week I got E. Coli, Midas, Petrified Poop, and The Poop by the third floor. I eventually got The Virus too so I did quite a lot of contact damage, and turning the flies from arcade losses into gold poop for half a heart is nice.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Is there any repository of strategies for things like how to get the most out of arcades, or deal with specific enemies/rooms, or stuff like that excellent post about racing back on pg 234? I'd really like to up my game. I'm mostly looking for stuff that's obvious to people who have put 100+ hours into the game, but maybe not to people like me who aren't streamers and maybe only put a handful of hours into the original game.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

poo poo I've pith hundreds of hours in and I still can't recognize item rocks or mushrooms very well. I'd love for a mini guide on that kind of stuff.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Invalid Validation posted:

poo poo I've pith hundreds of hours in and I still can't recognize item rocks or mushrooms very well. I'd love for a mini guide on that kind of stuff.

There's no secret for recognizing item-giving mushrooms, it's random. Bomb them and get away(because some hit you with a poisonous gas attack).

The item rocks are simply a darker tint and have a tiny "x" on them. If you're having trouble seeing them perhaps adjust your monitor. The red ones in the Womb/Utero are trickier but still contain the tell-tale "x".

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

There's no secret for recognizing item-giving mushrooms, it's random. Bomb them and get away(because some hit you with a poisonous gas attack).

The item rocks are simply a darker tint and have a tiny "x" on them. If you're having trouble seeing them perhaps adjust your monitor.

Some of the rocks on the later levels are barely darker, but they all have the x, though it's in different spots depending on the level. I've yet to see a compilation of all of them, but there's an example of the basement and womb rocks here: http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Obstacles#Tinted_Rocks

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Scorps posted:

Look in your log, it should say "Puzzle quest complete 1/4" or something after each requisite bit.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Ariong posted:

The little ghost always comes out of you when you die. Are you sure you died to satan and not the fallen that comes before?

Yes it was 100% the 2nd phase of Satan where the statue comes to life and I made specifically sure it was not his brimstone laser. When I try again I'll just run straight into his body I think.

I am just not sure where along the lines it "failed" me and makes me wonder if him patching seeds working on other things made it not work for unlocking the lost anymore.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Scorps posted:

Yes it was 100% the 2nd phase of Satan where the statue comes to life and I made specifically sure it was not his brimstone laser. When I try again I'll just run straight into his body I think.

I am just not sure where along the lines it "failed" me and makes me wonder if him patching seeds working on other things made it not work for unlocking the lost anymore.

Look one post up :ssh:

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

ZShakespeare posted:

Some of the rocks on the later levels are barely darker, but they all have the x, though it's in different spots depending on the level. I've yet to see a compilation of all of them, but there's an example of the basement and womb rocks here: http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Obstacles#Tinted_Rocks

It's not in different spots depending on the level, there are just exactly two different kinds of tinted rocks, either of which can appear on any level. They come in different colors depending on the level, but they're all shaped like those two.

(There are also polyps in the Womb, but those are a different thing with different drops.)

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Iny posted:

It's not in different spots depending on the level, there are just exactly two different kinds of tinted rocks, either of which can appear on any level. They come in different colors depending on the level, but they're all shaped like those two.

(There are also polyps in the Womb, but those are a different thing with different drops.)

The one that shows up in the caves is shaped like neither of those and has the X in the upper right.

e: I'm misremebering, it's upper left, but it is shaped differently

ZShakespeare fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 19, 2014

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Christ, I'm trying to find the last few secret room items with Isaac but keep instinctively picking up items instead of re-rolling. Three times already I've found an item in the secret room, which in itself is kind of rare, and every time I picked it up like an idiot. I mean they were good items and I ended up beating the game but I wanted Raw Liver or Black Lotus. :argh: At least I found the D4 for the first time in this latest run.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Finally beat Family guy, thank you mango baby.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Awesome. Just beat the last Challenge I needed to finish them all off and oh hey the trophy didn't pop. Can these dipshits loving get their game working correctly already? They fixed Dead Boy but apparently nothing else! Good job.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
By the trophy, do you mean the physical trophy in the actual game, or the achievement trophy on playstation :v:? If you mean the achievement, then it'll either trigger next time you boot up the game much like in the original Isaac or it did break. If you mean in the actual game, either it was a bug or the challenge doesn't end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Does using Suicide King count as taking red heart damage for devil and angel rooms?