Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
oh i forgot im also lazarus revived which afaik has a larger base damage stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Happy Big Fun posted:

Had the "continue doesn't save" bug happen to me and I was able to reproduce it reliably. I was also able to fix it.

If I have a game saved mid-run on one save file, the other save file will NEVER take it.

If I kill myself on the original run, then fully exit out and back in, the other save can accept a mid-run exit and continuation.

It seems like rebirth only has a single, global mid-run continue slot across all save files. For me (on PC), personally and subjectively this is the continue bug. If you have a problem where you can't exit the game and have it save the run, go into all 3 save files, hit CONTINUE on each one and kill yourself and exit.

Jesus Christ so that's what it was.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Soy milk + ipecac is loving hilarious

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

pussy riot police posted:

Soy milk + ipecac is loving hilarious

Try adding Cricket's Body for extra fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's one of the rare instances of Soy Milk not being objectively terrible.

Speaking of Soy Milk, how does it play with Polyphemus? I never pick it up so I've never seen the combo.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Jibo posted:

Try adding Cricket's Body for extra fun.

That reminds me, I've got a couple of runs I need to edit videos for / make gifs from.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I just won a run by the skin of my teeth because I had Lazarus' Rags against ???.

The kicker? It was one of the gold chest items at the start.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Justin_Brett posted:

The kicker? It was one of the gold chest items at the start.

People seriously underestimate golden chests. They generally pay out really well and it's totally worth that small risk of getting a half heart.

So open your gold chests asap!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well one of the gold chests in the Chest's first room, which I believe are guaranteed to give items. But you're right, they're usually useful more often than they aren't.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

ArfJason posted:

oh i forgot im also lazarus revived which afaik has a larger base damage stat

whats the code for it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Duggler posted:

People seriously underestimate golden chests. They generally pay out really well and it's totally worth that small risk of getting a half heart.

So open your gold chests asap!

I don't think anybody underestimates the gold chests in the Chest. They're guaranteed to have an item and not like one bomb and a key or whatever. Once I get Cricket's Head I usually don't bother with them unless I have surplus keys until I get to the Chest, though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Any chest in the Chest contains an item, not just golden ones.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You're right, but that's not really the point I was trying to make.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pixeltendo posted:

whats the code for it

whoops have no screens and checking the log i can't find it. Sorry :shobon:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Crotch Bat posted:

Any chest in the Chest contains an item, not just golden ones.

Red chests forced by The Left Hand can still have their usual fare in The Chest, which is why it's recommended to drop it or swap it for another trinket before leaving the Cathedral.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Similarly, non-red chests in the Dark Room also guarantee spawns. Guppy's Tail got me some very nice last minute bonuses.

If only there was some sort of Right Hand trinket to undo the red chests in the Dark Room.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
How exactly does The Soul's bullet curving work? How far should I move out of the way of projectiles?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr. Fetus posted:

How exactly does The Soul's bullet curving work? How far should I move out of the way of projectiles?

Basically, think of it less like the bullets curving around you and more like Isaac has a strong magnet that repels them. The range at which bullets start to curve away from you is about one square's width or height in any direction, but it also depends on the speed the bullet is traveling. Single stationary head rock shots will ricochet away from you easily no matter what direction you're moving (unless you're like walking straight into it), but stuff like Mom's Heart/It Lives' rapid fire burst shoots so fast that there's not enough time for the curving to take effect before it hits you. The Soul kinda sucks, unfortunately.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Most bullets will still fall away but you need to learn to dance with them which can be a bit unnatural. The dance is mostly about actually moving towards the bullet initially then retreating and allowing the repelling force to do its work.

It's a good item once you're used to it but if it was some kind of 3 inch impenetrable barrier it'd be far too overpowered.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
So, the last thing I have to do for The Lost is the boss rush. Been trying that for some time, but my caution in playing him does tend to slow me down. Had my best chance in a while though: started with Soy Milk and Daddy Long Legs, pretty nice. Didn't get a huge amount in the way of raw damage ups, Lump of Coal being the nicest one I had, but the Daddy Long Legs did help immensely. Got to Depths 2 with 4 minutes to go, pretty standard, but had a very long run to get to the Mom fight and finished 10 seconds short of the boss rush. Still, I feel like I'm more confident of pulling it off, given I had no Dead Cat and no Holy Mantle to support me, starting to get the speed required now, I hope.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
IPECAC + Dr. Fetus + 20/20 is a hilarious combo, for some reason IPECAC + Dr. Fetus makes you immune to your own tears and has ridiculous damage, 20/20 makes your bombs collide with one another and explode as soon as they're shot, so you just explode and fly across the room every time you take a shot and everything that is even remotely around just immediately dies, including ???.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Picked up There's Options, did the boss rush and was rewarded with...Cursed Eye and Lemon Party.

Next time just let me know and I'll save my time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Toothache posted:

So, the last thing I have to do for The Lost is the boss rush. Been trying that for some time, but my caution in playing him does tend to slow me down. Had my best chance in a while though: started with Soy Milk and Daddy Long Legs, pretty nice. Didn't get a huge amount in the way of raw damage ups, Lump of Coal being the nicest one I had, but the Daddy Long Legs did help immensely. Got to Depths 2 with 4 minutes to go, pretty standard, but had a very long run to get to the Mom fight and finished 10 seconds short of the boss rush. Still, I feel like I'm more confident of pulling it off, given I had no Dead Cat and no Holy Mantle to support me, starting to get the speed required now, I hope.

today i missed my chance at an eve hard mode boss rush because i got curse of the lost on the last floor and despite my best efforts i reached the boss door at 20m10s

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
So I spent two and a half hours abusing the sharp plug and the monster manuel to get super meat boy.

Two runs later, I get the full meat boy legitimately through the horseman, without a book of revelations even! :sigh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Weird Sandwich posted:

So I spent two and a half hours abusing the sharp plug and the monster manuel to get super meat boy.

Two runs later, I get the full meat boy legitimately through the horseman, without a book of revelations even! :sigh:

Seed for legit Meat Boy?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Weird Sandwich posted:

He works in mysterious ways

Also seed

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Sorry guys, I didn't write down the seed. Someone posted a sharp plug + monster manuel seed earlier in this thread if you can still exploit that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm trying to unlock the lost and picked up Nine Lives on Azazel's run... Did I gently caress up?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My cat has some sort of preternatural knowledge of when I'm having a good Isaac run. When I'm having a lovely one? She's content to just lay on the couch and chill. When it's good, though? When there's a chance of winning? Her only goal in life is to be in my face, walking on the keyboard, anything at all to get my attention right then. (She's especially likely to do this during boss fights. Maybe she just likes the music.)

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Last night I unlocked platinum god/real platinum god by finally buying the little baggie (I swear I already did this once but I guess not). Unfortunately, I didn't unlock the platinum trophy because inexplicably I didn't unlock Eve's bird foot trophy. I started a new save, and beat the cathedral with eve and I sitll didn't get the trophy. Is it just bugged? what the hell?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

weaaddar posted:

Last night I unlocked platinum god/real platinum god by finally buying the little baggie (I swear I already did this once but I guess not). Unfortunately, I didn't unlock the platinum trophy because inexplicably I didn't unlock Eve's bird foot trophy. I started a new save, and beat the cathedral with eve and I sitll didn't get the trophy. Is it just bugged? what the hell?

like half the trophies are bugged on the playstation and i wouldn't expect too much from it. apparently if you've gotten the conditions for it earlier even starting a new file might not work

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Welp went to the Cathedral, it doesn't gently caress up my Lost unlock run if I restart using "R", right?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Good synergy: tammy's head, doc fetus and homing bombs. Run next to enemy, press space, crap out 8 bombs that proceed to hug your enemy. Should have made a gif :(

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

I'm trying to unlock the lost and picked up Nine Lives on Azazel's run... Did I gently caress up?

as long as the last death is done right, I dont think so

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Kurtofan posted:

"The wiki" posted:

You can use the Dead Cat but you will have to lose your very last life to Satan.

Kurtofan posted:

Welp went to the Cathedral, it doesn't gently caress up my Lost unlock run if I restart using "R", right?

You're good on that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that the Soul is actually just a chance to bend the bullets and not a conditional bullet bender. I don't really have anything to base this on other than my own experiences with it and the stop watch and it and dry baby.

I'd really like to take a peak at the code for this game.

ArfJason posted:

today i missed my chance at an eve hard mode boss rush because i got curse of the lost on the last floor and despite my best efforts i reached the boss door at 20m10s

I don't even try for the boss rush these days and the majority of the time I'm killing mom between 19 and 22 minutes. It leads to me to believe that it really is one of the better thought out aspects of this game. The time limit can come natural unless you get poo poo like curse of the lost or really unlucky with curse of the maze and avoid time sinks like the arcade. Otherwise you push a bit and you might still make it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
If you like this game you're probably a grimdark tryhard teenager who enjoys listening to metal garbage while you brood in the darkness trying to look threatening. It's edgy for the sake of edgy and looks nothing like my subreddit feed. Peace. *skates out of this thread as hoodie allen's "act my age" plays in the background*

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

IPECAC + Dr. Fetus + 20/20 is a hilarious combo, for some reason IPECAC + Dr. Fetus makes you immune to your own tears and has ridiculous damage, 20/20 makes your bombs collide with one another and explode as soon as they're shot, so you just explode and fly across the room every time you take a shot and everything that is even remotely around just immediately dies, including ???.

I had this on my last run, but with poison Bob heads and spectral tears instead of 20/20, and it's as fun as you say. Bombs explode on impact with enemies, but pass straight through obstructions. The only downside, which is extremely minor as he never survived long anyway, was that the bombs passed straight through just one of the monsters for some reason. No idea what he's called - he's a huge tall head that zips from side to side and is pretty rare. I can't find him on any of the creature lists.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Raw Liver and the Black Lotus is the same run. Don't mind if I do. Only need the 1-Up now for the Platinum God trophies, annoyingly I've got it in challenge runs before, but they don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Man, breaking this game is really satisfying. I started as Isaac with the D6 and once I reached the Depths 2 I also had the Habit, Pyromaniac and Ipecac. From that point forward I could take any item I wanted. The result was pretty chaotic.