Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
No Dead Congregation on the top 30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

cryme posted:

No Dead Congregation on the top 30?

I just got my copy, and it is sounding drat good. Had a deadline on the list though, so Dead Congregation missed it even though it might well have deserved a spot. Same goes for Swallowed, 11Paranoias, Ascension, and [insert your favorite band here].

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

ElectricWizard posted:

I just got my copy, and it is sounding drat good. Had a deadline on the list though, so Dead Congregation missed it even though it might well have deserved a spot. Same goes for Swallowed, 11Paranoias, Ascension, and [insert your favorite band here].

Your username is ElectricWizard and Time To Die didn't make your top 30?

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Your username is ElectricWizard and Time To Die didn't make your top 30?

Indeed, I thought it was a bit of a disappointment, and was merely an ok Electric Wizard album.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ElectricWizard posted:

I've said this before but any list that does not include the Dead Congregation album as #1 is immediately invalidated due to bad taste.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Turk February posted:

I've said this before but any list that does not include the Dead Congregation album as #1 is immediately invalidated due to bad taste.

What are some other objective musical facts?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Ska sucks

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Contradicting the thread title here, but this is pretty drat good.

http://youtu.be/d5pTSX8p-6c

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

nerve posted:

What are some other objective musical facts?

Phobocosm is awesome.

Phobocosm "Knives in the Senate House": http://youtu.be/SY_WzsbqJ44

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ska radio on songza is some good wake me up music :)

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vintersorg posted:

ska radio on songza is some good wake me up music :)

why, because you leap out of bed to turn it off?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I've tried 4 separate times listening to that Dead Congregation record and not once have I made it past the 2nd track.

What am I missing

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

So thread - I visited HMV on the way home. Blinked and was walking out with a copy of RIITIIR. I don't even know if I like Enslaved, but we're going to find out. I blame you lot.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Kumbamontu posted:

I've tried 4 separate times listening to that Dead Congregation record and not once have I made it past the 2nd track.

What am I missing

Good taste.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
^What he said.

Kumbamontu posted:

What am I missing

Who the gently caress gives up on an album after two tracks?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ElectricWizard posted:

The site I write for requested 30 entries for our end of year-lists this year, here's mine:

I know I'm missing a lot of great stuff, but holy poo poo 2014 has been packed with fantastic metal.
Exodus' Blood In, Blood Out? Overkill's White Devil Armory?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who the gently caress gives up on an album after two tracks?

I could tell after 10 seconds that I was really going to hate that drum sound and as such, the album.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

UltraVariant posted:

Exodus' Blood In, Blood Out? Overkill's White Devil Armory?

People still give a poo poo about new Exodus albums?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

DroneRiff posted:

So thread - I visited HMV on the way home. Blinked and was walking out with a copy of RIITIIR. I don't even know if I like Enslaved, but we're going to find out. I blame you lot.

It's really good

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Kumbamontu posted:

What am I missing

You aren't missing anything you just don't like a thing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I do. :v:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Nah, they'll have a show in Knoxville for some reason.
:
What problem you got with Knoxville boy?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Kumbamontu posted:

What am I missing

Testicles

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
So what do ya'll think of the Mortyr debut? I think it's loving ace so far.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

New Satan next year, will it be as good as life sentence?

Satan posted:

Right now the band are in rehearsals to record the next Satan LP in January. Much of the new material was composed and jammed on the road this year.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Kumbamontu posted:

What am I missing

well you like later period in flames and metalcore so i guess this is just not for you?

A human heart posted:

New Satan next year, will it be as good as life sentence?

that album was way better than it had any right to be, i hope it wasnt a fluke

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

cryme posted:

well you like later period in flames and metalcore so i guess this is just not for you?

that album was way better than it had any right to be, i hope it wasnt a fluke

I hear what Mr. Bling was saying about the drum sound as that snare is really not good, but it's a pleasant surprise.

Actually now that I think about it, that snare reminds me a lot of older belphegor.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 20, 2014

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh god I've been listening to Motley Crue all week and I don't want to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nm1BJPe-pg

gently caress the haters, it's heavy metal in '87.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'm sorry to say but those of us listening to metal in '87 did not include Motley Crue.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vargatron posted:

Oh god I've been listening to Motley Crue all week and I don't want to stop.
Feeling the same way about Bodom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu4MufP7fsg

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

This one's got a Kirk Hammett solo!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
God Satan? bless all of you for posting good music lately. Keep it coming. Really digging Dead Congregation, Destrage, all the prog stuff posted earlier, basically everything. Merry Christmas y'all

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

God, that is one of the worst Bodom songs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06D5SgPNqEE

Have their lyrics always made no sense at all?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

God, that is one of the worst Bodom songs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06D5SgPNqEE
I do happen to like it. Also, I already have "Follow the Reaper" on my iPod.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

To the shock of no one, I really liked RIITIIR. It wasn't what the phase "black metal + Pink Floyd" had me expecting, but it was much better. Though I need to give it several more spins to fully digest it.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
To the shock of everyone...

I thought RIITIIR needed a big warm glass of get-the-gently caress-on-with-it. Lots of cool riffs that were just laboured on and overused.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Enslaved write some legit good riffs but something about the vocals and the drums just rub me the wrong way and I end up never sitting through a whole track when I try listening to them on my own.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
I really like Herbrands Vocals (the keyboardist).

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Interested to know what is everyone's favourite gig they went to this year? Personally it's Behemoth at the Forum in London a couple of weeks ago.

Ex-Priest Tobin fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dirtballer posted:

Interested to know what everyone's favourite gig they went to this year? Personally it's Behemoth at the Forum in London a couple of weeks ago.

Carcass/Black Dahlia Murder/Gorguts/Noisem (which was my favorite show metal or otherwise), although both Eyehategod shows I went to were excellent too. Then again, the only other metal gig I made it to was Russian Circles/KEN mode/Inter Arma, and the headliner isn't even a metal band.