Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Paradox forums taught me that how funny nationalism is is inversely proportional to how important the country youre being nationalist about is. a valuable lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

zeal posted:

every day that passes without an update to sync the Elder Kings mod with Charlemagne is a day wasted.

:agreed:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Agnostalgia posted:

Paradox forums taught me that how funny nationalism is is inversely proportional to how important the country youre being nationalist about is. a valuable lesson.

Same but with krautchan/4chan's /int/ and yugoslav music videos on youtube

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dem fukken slavs...

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i like to pretend to be ironically racist against slavs but irl i'm deadly serious about my genocide policies

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Agnostalgia posted:

:agreed:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I'm finally done with CK2... I tried to play like 5 times tonight & just could not get a game going. RIP.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The thing that is mainly putting me off is all the starts I wanna do are Tribal & I've kind of hated that system since day dot.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think I'm finally done with CK2... I tried to play like 5 times tonight & just could not get a game going. RIP.

Mods, man. The GoT mod is pretty nice, considering the subject material.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Frank Horrigan posted:

mods are lame

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frank Horrigan posted:

I tried that mod, and it was incredibly boring.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Tried Shattered World out? That one is good if you're a bloodthirsty warlord type.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Same but with krautchan/4chan's /int/ and yugoslav music videos on youtube

this, but with actual serbian neighbors

Frank Horrigan posted:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

there was a post-apocalyptic america mod out there but its buggy as gently caress... and so are most of the ones i tried, fuuuu

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

| can't decide if the games thread is worse when they are trying to one up each other with cuck jokes or when they are complaining about the paradox forums.

i remember the ck2 thread used to be just dozens of pages of people bragging about how they conqured all of ireland, and how it only took 150 years + a bunch of reloads

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there was a post-apocalyptic america mod out there but its buggy as gently caress... and so are most of the ones i tried, fuuuu

i was going to make a joke mod but it turns out drawing a new map is incredibly tedious

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EvilMike posted:

i remember the ck2 thread used to be just dozens of pages of people bragging about how they conqured all of ireland, and how it only took 150 years + a bunch of reloads

Lol. I remember Capn' Andy's LP where he couldn't figure out how to conquer scotland & England without fabricating claims.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol. I remember Capn' Andy's LP where he couldn't figure out how to conquer scotland & England without fabricating claims.
lmao

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

the CSA is OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

the CSA is OP

Is that a mod.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Is that a mod.

Yeah it was the top mod yesterday. It adds USA and CSA as at war in 1580 start. Also they're like Japan or something with a central area that's CSA or USA and then Texas or whoever else as vassals.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

the CSA is OP

the south will rise again

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Yeah it was the top mod yesterday. It adds USA and CSA as at war in 1580 start. Also they're like Japan or something with a central area that's CSA or USA and then Texas or whoever else as vassals.

Lmao is it that mod that makes the US a "republican dictatorship" and the CSA a "constitutional republic :911:"

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

Lmao is it that mod that makes the US a "republican dictatorship" and the CSA a "constitutional republic :911:"

i think theyre both constitutional republics

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Average Bear posted:

I think that was Vicky2

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fuligin posted:

I think that was Vicky2

I could have sworn there was an "extended timeline" mod for eu4 but I believe it. Vic2 is the choice of racists everywhere thanks to the pop system

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is one of the most Games-esque posts ever:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551718&pagenumber=845&perpage=40#post439314853

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

l wanna do Amalfi → Byz Republic CK2, but I dunno if it's still possible.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Not one use of the word cucked, clearly knocks it out of the top 100 most-Games osts there.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

Not one use of the word cucked, clearly knocks it out of the top 100 most-Games osts there.

most games post:

ehhhh methinks this game needs more cuck, mayhaps? :colbert: But seriously, I love the new microtransaction system you've :colbert: put in, developer who posts here. :v: by the gods, its metal as gently caress. :black101: everyone knows cucking mccuckerson, esquire, is the most metal name. :colbert:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Please stop saying cuck.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Average Bear posted:

most games post:

ehhhh methinks this game needs more cuck, mayhaps? :colbert: But seriously, I love the new microtransaction system you've :colbert: put in, developer who posts here. :v: by the gods, its metal as gently caress. :black101: everyone knows cucking mccuckerson, esquire, is the most metal name. :colbert:

most games post

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

l wanna do Amalfi → Byz Republic CK2, but I dunno if it's still possible.

I think so, and amalfi's a super fun start

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Are Muslims still absolutely loving terrible to play?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

KoldPT posted:

I think so, and amalfi's a super fun start

It's an annoying start because you gotta go up against the clown car or Byzantium to form Sicily if you aren't quick. Most times I done this start I do it from within but I have been stifled by high CA before so I'm working outside at first.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's an annoying start because you gotta go up against the clown car or Byzantium to form Sicily if you aren't quick. Most times I done this start I do it from within but I have been stifled by high CA before so I'm working outside at first.

join the Pope :q:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

clown car=HRE?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oh wait its the sicilian emirate since muslims get a billion allies every war lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't played a sicily game in CK2 because they don't have the sick ferrari flag that was in CK1 anymore.