Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
Can we got a mod to put sandmining back in? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

khrits posted:

Can we got a mod to put sandmining back in? Thanks.

MODS???

ed: gently caress that's the wrong response

lol are there any modders left?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/mini-dozer.860/

poo poo like this is what I was talking about. Just get crazy and level a loving planet ~JUST TO PISS OFF THE WICCANS~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUV6f0Y5go

THE VOICE.... THAT VOICE...

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 22, 2014

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Man Whore posted:

I just want to say gently caress the moon mission and gently caress the person who gave the enemies that spew attack.

The whole mission took me about 15 minutes, 45 bandages or so, and a good 1hander and shield.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

grimcreaper posted:

The whole mission took me about 15 minutes, 45 bandages or so, and a good 1hander and shield.
So, what would the Bandages per enemy ratio be in that mission then? Just by time alone that's about three bandages per minute, jesus.

Has about 30 seconds of gameplay passed? It's time for a bandage. This is how you get good.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 22, 2014

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

p sure I can get through most games without using that many healing items, nevermind a 15-minute mission, are you loving kidding

also hi everyone I was gifted this a year ago and intermittently check back in on its thread to reconfirm my disappointment

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah that's a lot of bandages, especially when you add in the fact that you went into the mission with a shield, an item specifically designed to lower the amount of damage you're going to be receiving.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

flesh dance posted:

p sure I can get through most games without using that many healing items, nevermind a 15-minute mission, are you loving kidding

also hi everyone I was gifted this a year ago and intermittently check back in on its thread to reconfirm my disappointment

Now that hair? Thats what the Skellies should have. Give the skellies a devilock potion please!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hells yes. <3

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lol using 45 healing items for a fifteen minute area in this game sure is cool and fun!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Section Z posted:

So, what would the Bandages per enemy ratio be in that mission then? Just by time alone that's about three bandages per minute, jesus.

Has about 30 seconds of gameplay passed? It's time for a bandage. This is how you get good.

He may be an outlier, I didn't need anywhere near that many bandages. Most of the pink dudes I was able to avoid getting hit at all by, they're really slow and easy to dodge. Maybe 1 bandage every 2-3 enemies, just to make sure I stayed at max health?

If you think it sounds lovely but haven't tried it, you should play through it and see how you fare. I'll upload a save tomorrow with access to the mission and proper gear.

But yeah healing is weird in this game. Carrying a stack of a zillion bandages and using them constantly is dumb. Terraria had enemies that dropped health and it worked fine in that game, maybe that's worth taking a look at, anything other than the current system.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah that's a lot of bandages, especially when you add in the fact that you went into the mission with a shield, an item specifically designed to lower the amount of damage you're going to be receiving.

A big part of it was me being over tired and being really slow with blocking. Also being over cautious and healing for any damage taken.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

A big part of it was me being over tired and being really slow with blocking. Also being over cautious and healing for any damage taken.

An important bit of disclaimer, there

That mission was def. loving rough though. I used a combo of health packs and bandages but not near as much as you did combined and i felt the heat pretty hard. Was very hairy and tense, I enjoyed the brutality of it.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Also apparently there's a bunch of bonus poo poo placed behind hidden switches and stuff, like some kind of spaceman astronaut set where you have to find each piece strewn across the level. So I think once I get better gear I'm gonna go back and try looking around for that and the other log books, I only found one, I would kinda like to know what the gently caress the pink dudes are.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

:siren: The mining mission isn't hard. You are terrible at video games if you think it is. :siren: Hope this helps.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 22, 2014

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Bauxite posted:

:siren: The mining mission isn't hard. You are terrible at video games if you think it is. :siren: Hope this helps.

Do you literally only show up in December to shitpost?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Do you literally only show up in December to shitpost?

When did everyone else start? I'm probably just late for the party, but really there's no point in effortposting in this thread anymore about anything.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Bauxite posted:

When did everyone else start? I'm probably just late for the party, but really there's no point in effortposting in this thread anymore about anything.

I just found it funny that you only seem to post in this thread at the end of the year. You have a lot more self control when it comes to checking up on Starbound's lack of progress.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
Wait I forget is shitposting bad or good I'm losing track here.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Ernie Muppari posted:

Yes

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ernie Muppari posted:

Ugh, stop with the neutralposting.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Shitpost or die.

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Also apparently there's a bunch of bonus poo poo placed behind hidden switches and stuff, like some kind of spaceman astronaut set where you have to find each piece strewn across the level. So I think once I get better gear I'm gonna go back and try looking around for that and the other log books, I only found one, I would kinda like to know what the gently caress the pink dudes are.

The spaceman suit is just a completely useless cosmetic costume

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dandywalken posted:

Now that hair? Thats what the Skellies should have. Give the skellies a devilock potion please!

Sure, what the hell is a Devilock?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

jimmy boag posted:

The spaceman suit is just a completely useless cosmetic costume

Just?! :froggonk:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dandywalken posted:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/mini-dozer.860/

poo poo like this is what I was talking about. Just get crazy and level a loving planet ~JUST TO PISS OFF THE WICCANS~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUV6f0Y5go

THE VOICE.... THAT VOICE...

Yes! This is the type of poo poo I want, destroy and terraform the planet to your hearts content.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

The bulldozer looks super fun and should be a thing.

Similarly I find Minecraft pretty much intolerable without quarries and Computercraft mining bots. Do the boring poo poo for me so I can concentrate on the workflow plans for my materials fabrication facility.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It is a thing, I just hope the author updates when chucklebound does

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Collecting ores to build the uneccesary half dozen crafting things you can use to build the next tier of crappy armor!

Doing that without mining is presumably achieved by wishing.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

This armor makes me not die in one hit to everything, only took me fifty hours of painstakingly extracting one ore at a time!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

This armor makes me not die in one hit to everything, only took me fifty hours of painstakingly extracting one ore at a time!

Actually it just moves you from dying extremely quickly to very quickly. Number of hits for most enemies won't be greatly altered. Armor is basically useless because you really want to avoid being hit whether you have armor or not. It's better to spend it on weapons because then you can kill stuff faster. If it actually made that much difference I wouldn't mind.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 22, 2014

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

So can we talk about these first missions? Dig to find a bunch of ore--sure, I can do that. It's not the most exciting, but it's what I expected.

But then, you have to teleport to your ship, teleport to the gate, go through the portal walk to the outpost, pick up the quest, walk back to the portal, go through it, teleport to your ship, then fly to a different planet, then teleport down.

And that's ONE time. If you don't have the coffee beans, or the sand needed for a mug, then repeat that process once more for each. If it's just a fetch quest, then maybe include some kind of commlink or mobile device so that I can call people and get updates without having to sit through a bunch of loading screens for every new quest objective? That's an utterly ridiculous and unfun waste of time. Either that or rejig the quest so that all the objectives are listed upfront: get the coffee and the sand and the loving metal for a spoon. Especially since it's unlikely I'll have the crafting setup for metalworking at that point. It's at least possible (though improbable) that you'd have already encountered and created glass at that point, but making me go through the outpost gate just to be told I have to make something else feels antagonistic and pointlessly cruel.

Also, how do I convert erchius liquid into erchius crystals? I've got 20 of the liquid but my ship's computer keeps telling me I need it in crystal form???

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Astfgl posted:

So can we talk about these first missions? Dig to find a bunch of ore--sure, I can do that. It's not the most exciting, but it's what I expected.

But then, you have to teleport to your ship, teleport to the gate, go through the portal walk to the outpost, pick up the quest, walk back to the portal, go through it, teleport to your ship, then fly to a different planet, then teleport down.

And that's ONE time. If you don't have the coffee beans, or the sand needed for a mug, then repeat that process once more for each. If it's just a fetch quest, then maybe include some kind of commlink or mobile device so that I can call people and get updates without having to sit through a bunch of loading screens for every new quest objective? That's an utterly ridiculous and unfun waste of time. Either that or rejig the quest so that all the objectives are listed upfront: get the coffee and the sand and the loving metal for a spoon. Especially since it's unlikely I'll have the crafting setup for metalworking at that point. It's at least possible (though improbable) that you'd have already encountered and created glass at that point, but making me go through the outpost gate just to be told I have to make something else feels antagonistic and pointlessly cruel.

Also, how do I convert erchius liquid into erchius crystals? I've got 20 of the liquid but my ship's computer keeps telling me I need it in crystal form???

The liquid is just straight up fuel, the crystals are a reward from the mining mission

Speaking of fuel, I'm glad they just made it a liquid I can suck up and shove in my ship. I used to run with a self-made mod that allowed me to turn slime, sewage and tar into fuel to save same trouble so I'm pleased with that change

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 22, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dandywalken posted:

Ohhh like the Misfits. Sure! Hair is super easy to add in so if anyone has any ideas\requests\demands go ahead

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Ohhh like the Misfits. Sure! Hair is super easy to add in so if anyone has any ideas\requests\demands go ahead

An axe stuck in the skull

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
If you're bored of mining, get some of my explosives. Avoid all the tedious crap. It probably still works, but I certainly haven't checked in months.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Magmarashi posted:

An axe stuck in the skull

I'm pretty sure this is 100% doable, so ok!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty much any mod that goons have made makes the game way more fun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Sunglasses that are lifted up and resting on the forehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

Sunglasses that are lifted up and resting on the forehead

As hair? Sure!

Anyone have any luck getting this poo poo online?

• Locked thread