Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Really enjoying the flaming skull in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Eden whose starting item is Missing No. might just be one of the most uniquely fun experiences in this game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Gromit posted:

I had this on my last run, but with poison Bob heads and spectral tears instead of 20/20, and it's as fun as you say. Bombs explode on impact with enemies, but pass straight through obstructions. The only downside, which is extremely minor as he never survived long anyway, was that the bombs passed straight through just one of the monsters for some reason. No idea what he's called - he's a huge tall head that zips from side to side and is pretty rare. I can't find him on any of the creature lists.

Oob?

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

larchesdanrew posted:

Really enjoying the flaming skull in this.

I see a man doing a jig. Like he's on fire and can't stop dancing.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Remember when I did that placenta run? Anyone want to guess how long it took before I got Pyromaniac?

22 hours in game time

From there it was about 1/2hr to get Meat Boy and Bandage Girl.

Before anyone asks, yes I had the game running in the background while it raised up, I had stuff I was doing in the background, I just wasn't really playing.

I, also, ran into the D20 at some point. So I decided to gently caress around a little bit

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360026650

Good times.

Oh yeah, and on another run, this happened:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360026744

So right now, I'm a Hard Mode Eve to heart run and touching Steve and Godhead from RPG this loving game. Then I might actually have some fun with it. Too bad every loving time I kill Steven I get Little Steven instead :argh:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Does the Vita patch improve the framerate any?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's him alright. Bombs went right through him for some reason.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
The Lost boss rush continues to elude me. Had another run today that got so far, main tears was Polyphemus + Dark Matter + Little Gish + Ball of Tar + Spider Bite, basically gave me a huge black meteor of death, slowing all which entered its path. Head of Krampus made it easy to rip through the bosses on the way, but the boss rush itself still proves too much at the minute, was hard to get rid of Carrion Queen fast enough to prevent her covering the centre with its poops and cutting me off from a free escape. Still, I'm starting to get to the boss rush more often so the perseverance should pay off.

PS: try restarting a run until you get Little Steven in the item room, should improve your odds of the Steven power up.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

So, in case anyone is interested, I just made a small thing that dumps the seed + items you got on your last run. Might be nice to have in case you get an awesome run.

(Items in reverse order, if you use D4, D100, dice rooms, etc... to reroll your items, it'll report the wrong thing.)

As an example, here's my the last run I had.

pre:
Current seed: XW7M PCAZ

Current items: Satanic Bible, Bobs Curse, Harlequin Baby, Shoop da Whoop!,
Mongo Baby, Robo-Baby, Virgo, Infamy, Synthoil, Headless Baby, The Polaroid,
A Lump of Coal, Black Candle, Scorpio, Blood Clot, Mysterious Liquid, Hive Mind,
Mom's Purse, Pageant Boy, Little C.H.A.D., Steam Sale, Screw, Pyromaniac,
Lord of the Pit, Squeezy, The Small Rock, Mom's Knife, Mom's Underwear, Lucky Foot
(Cain run, Mom's Knife on floor 1, Lord of the Pit in devil deal on floor 2, Pyro on floor 3.)

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

how hosed am i?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Robot Randy posted:

how hosed am i?

Out of curiosity, did you grab a bomb above you and use it elsewhere?

Also can you blow up the brain on the peeper? I know some poo poo interacts with it.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

how hosed am i?

They put a bomb in both corners for a reason, why did you use it on something else???

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Robot Randy posted:

how hosed am i?

This is pretty embarrassing lol

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Did you clear the entire floor and check the shop?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Jibo posted:

Out of curiosity, did you grab a bomb above you and use it elsewhere?

Also can you blow up the brain on the peeper? I know some poo poo interacts with it.

Not sure, it dropped right before that room and after i went and cleared the rest of the level i grabbed it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

senae posted:

They put a bomb in both corners for a reason, why did you use it on something else???

Sometimes it only drops a bomb in one of the corners.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Sometimes it only drops a bomb in one of the corners.

Sometimes it drops a troll bomb. It happened opposite for me, it was a normal bomb on top right and a troll bomb on bottom left while walking to the left.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Finally got Steven, but gently caress if farming for Godhead isn't really absurd. From what I can tell it's not in every run. Emptied out the god pool multiple times and it never showed.

And it's the only item I have left to touch. RPG is so close :argh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Migishu posted:

Finally got Steven, but gently caress if farming for Godhead isn't really absurd. From what I can tell it's not in every run. Emptied out the god pool multiple times and it never showed.

It's because it's a special item. If you have too many of those (there's only 14 in the game), Godhead is really hard to make appear.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Walked into The Dark Room with the knife. Going to be tight, but I have the vampire ability, Dark Bum has supplied me with six soul hearts, and I have six red ones to boot.

First room, Double Adversary. Damage isn't insta-killing at melee range. Facetanked about four hearts worth of damage.

Second room, DOUBLE ADVERSARY. gently caress IT.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Migishu posted:

Keep rerolling the Breakfasts. It's a percentage chance to just decide to not show up instead, based on how many special items you have, which include D6 and Sharp Plug and Pyromaniac, so you're probably going to be there a while.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I just got insanely lucky with a 6-dice room in Sheol. It turned a lackluster Eve build into a beast with Mom's Knife and Daddy Longlegs that could take out Satan easily. I had more trouble with the Lamb; Mom's Knife seems to have trouble hitting the detached head.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Jibo posted:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that the Soul is actually just a chance to bend the bullets and not a conditional bullet bender. I don't really have anything to base this on other than my own experiences with it and the stop watch and it and dry baby.

I'd really like to take a peak at the code for this game.

I don't even try for the boss rush these days and the majority of the time I'm killing mom between 19 and 22 minutes. It leads to me to believe that it really is one of the better thought out aspects of this game. The time limit can come natural unless you get poo poo like curse of the lost or really unlucky with curse of the maze and avoid time sinks like the arcade. Otherwise you push a bit and you might still make it.

Funny thing is i didnt even try for boss rushes with the previous 4 characters and got them first try. Just not eve though. Hard mode btw

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Keep rerolling the Breakfasts. It's a percentage chance to just decide to not show up instead, based on how many special items you have, which include D6 and Sharp Plug and Pyromaniac, so you're probably going to be there a while.

That explains a few things

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I have a new respect for mongo baby.

I had an IPECAC run where I picked up spectral tears (generally good) and piercing shot (bad idea, prevents your shots from directly impacting) and was having a hard time hitting things for full damage. But I had rotten baby and it was hilarious because I'd splash bosses for partial damage and then one little fly would meander over and whammo, half the bosses health disappears. When I got mongo baby he copied rotten baby so now I had 2 flies of doom working for me.

I picked up ghost baby and thought I'd ruined the synergy when I realized mongo baby was shooting spectral tears. Turns out he actually creates a 2nd rotten baby fly, and then switches to spectral tears at his faster-than-normal tear rate until his fly has been used, then makes another fly. That familiar pulls so much weight.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Hit upon my most powerful combo for Chest/Dark Room abuse: Swallowed Penny, Piggy Bank, Sharp Plug and D20. Just keep on rerolling poo poo until you get chests, open em and repeat.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is mongo babby still killing other buddies?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So, Pay to play when I have 85 coins or Blank Card when I have the chaos card?

Tough choice.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
So what are the "Special" items?

Brimstone, Ludovico, Mom's Knife, D6, Sharp Plug, Quadshot, Pyromaniac are the only ones I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if Abaddon and Death's Touch were too because they're both stupidly good.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Cryohazard posted:

Brimstone, Ludovico, Mom's Knife, D6, Sharp Plug, Quadshot, Pyromaniac are the only ones I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if Abaddon and Death's Touch were too because they're both stupidly good.

The list of special items, according to the wiki, is Brimstone, D100, D6, Dr. and Epic Fetus, Godhead, Ludovico, Mom's Knife, Quadshot, Polyphemus, Pyromaniac, Sacred Heart, Soy Milk, and Stopwatch.

Soy Milk is kind of a questionable include in that list.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Cryohazard posted:

According to PlatinumGod, the special items are Brimstone, D100, D6, Dr. Fetus, Epic Fetus, Godhead, Ludovico, Mom's Knife, Mutant Spider, Polyphemus, Pyromaniac, Sacred Heart, Soy Milk (yes really), and Stop Watch. Sharp Plug isn't on there.

efb

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
You can also check platinumgod.co.uk and type Special into the search bar

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Max luck + humbling bundle is still one of the funniest combos in this game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So, Pay to play when I have 85 coins or Blank Card when I have the chaos card?

Tough choice.

You can dump a ton of coins into harder enemies and kill them for a huge cost, or you can take out bosses with a single move. Chaos card should be the obvious choice!

The Habit + Wafer makes Blank Card + Chaos Card hilarious. :v:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pay to play is based on your normal damage so it's a lot better if you have something like ipecac.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The special items are the ones that Ed considers to be super OP so that it's hard to run into a lot of them at once. I can kind of see where he's coming from with Soy Milk, but the problem is that item is really bad by itself. There's no guarantee you're gonna run into any of the OP synergies with it on a run.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Is mongo babby still killing other buddies?

I haven't seen it do this since 1.03 but I don't exactly get him a lot.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Is it a known bug for robo baby 2.0 to make your other companions just chill at the door and never move anywhere?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Why would anyone complain about a flag that makes soy milk super rare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Why would anyone complain about a flag that makes soy milk super rare?

Well the problem is that picking it up makes all the other special items more difficult to find. Meaning that soy milk is even more lovely.