Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

CowOnCrack posted:

Thanks man. I looked forward to being hammered :)

How many printers did you carry across town for that woman only to have her totally cut you off from what you clearly were entitled to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CowOnCrack posted:

Thanks man. I looked forward to being hammered :) attention, any attention, I'll say any kind of crazy poo poo please just someone talk to meeeeee

Gee why is it that when people post their hilarious "ironic" trolling it invariable involves misogyny or racism?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
it's not love if you need a private property contract to enforce it in perpetuity so neither person leaves. besides, the idea of marriage being predominantly for "eternal love" throughout a society is something that's more a development of western society growing from the Romantic period and anachronistic to the time of the gospels. it was back then a property arrangement, and still is for many other societies today

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

How many printers did you carry across town for that woman only to have her totally cut you off from what you clearly were entitled to?

Printers? If you want to know the whole story, I documented everything just in case she would pull the harassment card :). She tried it and failed because I did absolutely nothing wrong. The poor dear. Well actually it would be rude to share the whole story, but I'd be happy to summarize it or something. I need to just let it go and I'm working with my psychiatrist and family to get that done. Maybe a little bit of internet discussion can help me out or the opposite I guess we'll see :D

Sharkie posted:

Gee why is it that when people post their hilarious "ironic" trolling it invariable involves misogyny or racism?

I wasn't being ironic at all. I seriously believe in marriage and wanted it with this person. I mean, we'd known each other for almost two years. It's not out of the ballpark.

Serious question. What's the difference between a boyfriend and a friend that's a boy? Can women tell the difference?

And I believe marriage exists in another moral universe.

Rodatose posted:

it's not love if you need a private property contract to enforce it in perpetuity so neither person leaves. besides, the idea of marriage being predominantly for "eternal love" throughout a society is something that's more a development of western society growing from the Romantic period and anachronistic to the time of the gospels. it was back then a property arrangement, and still is for many other societies today

Was it a property arrangement? I'd have to investigate the history more. I was under the impression that the idea of 'eternal love' comes from the necessity that two mates love each other for the protracted time period it takes to have, raise, and rear children. It's a biological necessity as well as beautiful force of nature.

CowOnCrack fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 22, 2014

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Can I request that no one take the bait on this? Cow has made his post and it's blisteringly obvious to everyone but him how retarded he is. If we engage him on it the thread will never recover.

That's all thanks for your time

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Can I request that no one take the bait on this? Cow has made his post and it's blisteringly obvious to everyone but him how retarded he is. If we engage him on it the thread will never recover.

That's all thanks for your time

I can just make another thread, no problem. Then you can call me retarded in my own thread :) Let's discuss this no further here.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CowOnCrack posted:

I can just make another thread, no problem. Then you can call me retarded in my own thread :) Let's discuss this no further here.

Please don't.

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Very well, you've convinced me that the internet is no place for such discussions :)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CowOnCrack posted:

Very well, you've convinced me that the internet is no place for such discussions :)

Do you think its a huge coincidence that all men who finally see The Truth About Women also happened to have had a bad experience with a girl they fell in unrequited love with and which they still think about?

quote:

Serious question. What's the difference between a boyfriend and a friend that's a boy? Can women tell the difference?

Mate, women are the same species as you, they think the same. This sounds like "can dogs see colours?".

What you ran into was either:
A) One of Earth's many crazy humans.
B) Your first major situation where your perception of a situation was completely different to the other parties'.

What in the gently caress does this have to do with the healing, homophobic grace of Jesus Christ?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

CowOnCrack posted:

Was it a property arrangement? I'd have to investigate the history more. I was under the impression that the idea of 'eternal love' comes from the necessity that two mates love each other for the protracted time period it takes to have, raise, and rear children. It's a biological necessity as well as beautiful force of nature.
A property arrangement that the two families of the bride and groom agree to. The man's family, once their son is married, can now pass on their property to them as they have proven they have the means to materially provide through their trade. The woman's family literally sells the woman to the man or to the man's family for the sake of the man and the woman becomes the man's property. It works this way for both monogamous and polygamous societies with little difference; with polygamous societies you can only marry if you've got the means to buy more anyway. The man then upholds this arrangement over the woman through force. In plenty of cases, if the woman tries to escape from this arrangement, they can be put to death for voiding the contract.

The time when men were men and women were women.

e: engagement rings are a symbolic holdover from those times; the man (or man's family) pledging a dowry in some sort of valuable thing to the woman's family. That ring represents the down payment for buying a human being.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 22, 2014

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

nopantsjack posted:

Do you think its a huge coincidence that all men who finally see The Truth About Women also happened to have had a bad experience with a girl they fell in unrequited love with and which they still think about?

Mate, women are the same species as you, they think the same. This sounds like "can dogs see colours?".

What you ran into was either:
A) One of Earth's many crazy humans.
B) Your first major situation where your perception of a situation was completely different to the other parties'.

What in the gently caress does this have to do with the healing, homophobic grace of Jesus Christ?

I have no grudge against this person. This person is clearly sane-appearing as a friend but a basket case in her romantic life, that's why I felt sorry for her and tried to defend her reputation even while she was trying to destroy mine. I apologized to her many times, even though her lunacy extended as far as hurting my own family. An apology from her at some point years from now would be nice but I'm not waiting for it.

I brought it up because of its relevance to marriage, not to act as bait and score E/N points. I have to watch my rhetoric, obviously. It seems this thread is full of theological banter and the Bible's discussion of human relationships is certainly an important topic. It seems the world of human relationships is pretty lovely right now and I lament in order to make a theological point. But it's such a touchy issue for most people it's probably better to drop it entirely.

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rodatose posted:

A property arrangement that the two families of the bride and groom agree to. The man's family, once their son is married, can now pass on their property to them. The woman's family literally sells the woman to the man or to the man's family for the sake of the man and the woman becomes the man's property. It works this way for both monogamous and polygamous societies with little difference; with polygamous societies you can only marry if you've got the means to buy more anyway. The man then upholds this arrangement over the woman through force. In plenty of cases, if the woman tries to escape from this arrangement, they can be put to death for voiding the contract.

The time when men were men and women were women.

e: engagement rings are a symbolic holdover from those times; the man (or man's family) pledging a dowry in some sort of valuable thing to the woman's family. That ring represents the down payment for buying a human being.

Interesting. Yea, this doesn't sound too good for my picture of marriage. Ah well, I'll keep meditating on it.

I will say though that the ring is also a useful symbol in our society that someone is 'taken'. I would argue that until two people are in a fully-committed lifelong relationship, outsiders cannot tell if they are taken. This is one very important function of marriage and can help prevent situations like the one I found myself in.

CowOnCrack fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 22, 2014

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
My thought with someone being "taken" or taking/having is that if one truly wants to "have" someone, they should do it by continually acting in a way toward their loved one that fulfills their emotional needs in such a way that they don't have to even think about going with someone else. It goes back to the idea of aristotlean virtue I posted about earlier (which is very similar to Taoist "doing not-doing")

quote:

About the greek ethics of virtue that christianity incorporated: Aristotle divides acts regarding negatively socially harmful things into three categories: incontinence, continence and temperance. Someone who has temptation to do a harmful act and acts upon it is incontinent. Someone who has temptation to do a harmful act but shows restraint and does not act upon it for reasons such as the well-being of others or fear of consequences is continent. Someone who does not have the temptation or appetite for acts of harm is temperate. Aristotle defines only the temperate person as being virtuous, because even in those with restraint, the appetite for such an act in the first place shows they are in conflict and do not truly understand and feel the social harm of such an act taking place enough that they are able consider it without rejecting it automatically. Such restraint can be easily fall apart in the wrong conditions.

Under that definition, then someone saying they don't do Bad Things only because God would punish them otherwise has no virtue. They are continent, not temperate, and are hardly any kind of authority anyone would ever want to listen to about morality. if their belief in their code of ethics falters, you would not be surprised to see them do atrocities and so you wouldn't want to be anywhere near them when poo poo goes down

If a relationship is only held together because of some act of compulsion is making people not leave, then it's probably a shell of a relationship and at least one of the people in it would probably be better off without it. If you stop trying and that person or those people's emotional needs are no longer being met, you shouldn't be able to just ride on the legal fiction of ownership. They should be able to do what they need to meet their needs just as any other individual seeking self-actualization should.

that second last sentence goes for any social material relations: if you stop trying and now societies needs are no longer being met by you you shouldn't be able to just ride on the legal fiction of ownership

e: Having to have a signal to avoid being rejected by someone who's in a relationship is really more how people make too big a deal of the implications of a bad answer to a simple question like "wanna date." Instead of realizing not everyone's compatible with each other, it's not a big deal, plenty of other fish in the sea, we got stuck with the most prudish people being in power historically and spreading complicated customs about signaling so that they don't have to deal with their pride being hurt

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 22, 2014

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CowOnCrack posted:

I felt sorry for her and tried to defend her reputation even while she was trying to destroy mine. I apologized to her many times, even though her lunacy extended as far as hurting my own family. An apology from her at some point years from now would be nice but I'm not waiting for it.

Yeah, this is what we're talking about.
If this happens the correct response is to just stop talking to them. Someone went crazy at you and you were trying to "defend her reputation" for some reason. Lucky her.

Is it possible she knew the whole time and you appeared to be a super creepo who just wouldn't gently caress off?

E: Can you stay around to fight with Kyrie? When MIGF and Kyrie were scrapping I was so happy, it was like seeing two boss monsters aggro eachother.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Walter posted:

Because nearly every one of his replies is absurd, and throughout the thread it's pretty clear he's having more and more trouble hiding his intentional goading of other D&D posters. Seriously, his posts couldn't be better designed to elicit new replies from people.

Also, this thread began in the middle of last month, not years ago.
If kyrie is a troll, he has stuck to this schtick since the day of his registration. But honestly I don't think it matters if he's a troll, because:
  • If he is, he isn't that good. I've been 'tricked' by master trolls before (IWC in particular), and it kind of gave me an appreciation for what good trolling is. The real art is taking someone's anxieties or insecurities, and turning it on themselves: the real terrain you're fighting over is the conflict that is inside their own head. Nothing you say can top what the victim themselves creates. But I don't think I've seen any real 'masterworks' from kyrie. To really pull it off the good troll, you need to have a deep understanding of what is being discussed, and I'm not sure kyrie does.
  • Other posters continue to stream in with support for kyrie. Both Miltank and CowsOnCrack has 'fallen' for it as well. So even if he is a troll, there are totally people who do believe and go for that poo poo.
  • Kyrie's posting goes through this kind of cycle, where he is soft, incrementally gets angrier, is reduced to stereotypical 'mad' posts, and then attempts a 'rebirth'. In contrast, most of the people against kyrie have been consistent in temperament. I've yet to really see a 'break-down' from anyone but kyrie. So if the goal of trolling is to 'get a rise', then he hasn't really succeeded. Now you could say that's just part of 'the plan', but plan for what end?
  • Even if everything is some kind of double-troll smoke-and-mirrors 12-dimensional-chess masterplan, I'm not sure I really care. Even if kyrie was to do the 'reveal' right now, I don't really see how that upsets anyone. Even if no one else except the people posting in this thread are reading it, you haven't convinced an 'audience' of anything, it's all been for naught, I think you can still find meaning. You know, you've got to challenge your beliefs every so often. You've got to put yourself out there, to make mistakes but also to fix them.

rudatron fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 22, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CowOnCrack posted:

Thanks man. I looked forward to being hammered :)

Unfortunately for all of us, Kyrie does not.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I hate to take the bait but I just can't go on without hearing his response to this:

CowOnCrack posted:

Men and women are complimentary equals. And marriage is really important. Without, everyone is leading everyone else on ad infinitum, and everyone is unhappy as a result.

I have a question. How do you square this view with the fact that Paul says it's better for people to remain unmarried? Obviously Paul wasn't anti-marriage but his statements were pretty clear: marriage distracts you from what is really important, which is God, and a person who's married is going to have to give attention to his wife which takes away from time that could be better spent serving God.

He finally tops this off by saying if you really can't hold yourself back and want some sex, to get married because it's better to get married and have that sex in a righteous way than to commit the sin of fornication, but if you can hold yourself back then don't get married.

This seems to pretty strongly contradict the idea that marriage is really important, that not being married makes everyone unhappy, and that marriage is about "eternal love" or whatever since Paul was basically speaking of it as just a way to have yourself some sex without sinning.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

CowOnCrack posted:

FWIW, I enjoy and welcome your posts in this thread, if you choose to continue them.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

quote:

There is only one thing that matters and it is Jesus Christ my dysfunctional relationship with women

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

fade5 posted:

Yeah, some most of Martin Luther's writings about Jews were pretty anti-semitic and really loving bad, it sucks. Oh wait that's right, you're talking about Martin Luther's 95 theses and the resultant Protestant Reformation, not the things you could actually criticize Martin Luther for.:allears:

I was serious with my previous posts though, I'm not gonna start using any anti-catholic slurs even ironically, I respect Catholics and Pope Francis too much to do that. I'll just post this picture instead:

Still a pretty cool dude, he even married a nun.:allears:

Yes... this tubby bastard is a "pretty cool dude", especially for his work "On the Jews and Their Lies," which directly laid a theological groundwork for Nazi Germany. It says a lot that all of the commie Satanists love him. From wackypedia:

In the treatise he argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3] and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".[5]

Pretty cool dude!

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

CowOnCrack posted:

Interesting. Yea, this doesn't sound too good for my picture of marriage. Ah well, I'll keep meditating on it.

I will say though that the ring is also a useful symbol in our society that someone is 'taken'. I would argue that until two people are in a fully-committed lifelong relationship, outsiders cannot tell if they are taken. This is one very important function of marriage and can help prevent situations like the one I found myself in.

The official solution endorsed by the atheists in this thread is that you should Swear Off Women and Become Gay. To not do so, to desire a relationship with a woman is to be repressed or something. Have you considered that?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kyrie eleison posted:

The official solution endorsed by the atheists in this thread is that you should Swear Off Women and Become Gay. To not do so, to desire a relationship with a woman is to be repressed or something. Have you considered that?

From what I can recall CowOnCrack hasn't said once that he had an emotionally fulfilling romantic relationship with another dude so I don't think your statement really works.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
I told my dad tonight (home for Christmas) that my "There is only one thing that matters and it is Jesus Christ" thread was over 5000 posts! He was very proud. Congratulations everyone on making it this far! Here's to 50,000!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

How is it possible that there are people who don't think this guy is trolling?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

CowOnCrack posted:

Just thought I'd start another discussion chain about Christianity, and why not about my favorite topic? har har

Men and women are complimentary equals. And marriage is really important. Without, everyone is leading everyone else on ad infinitum, and everyone is unhappy as a result.

FYI, I was in love with someone but let it go recently, and in that experience I meditated on the importance of marriage a lot. This experience brought me closer to God and believing in the importance of God's plan for marriage. I even wrote an essay about love and marriage in my grief!

Also, women leading men on can bring a lot of grief to both people, and they do it because they can play the harassment card so easily. I believe our view of romance in society has become somewhat one-sided against men, when women harassing men is a huge issue and the law literally puts the burden of proof on men every time.

You sound like a broken, emotionally immature human being. Relationships are ephemeral. Expecting two people to stay together forever is ridiculous because no part of human psychology really supports that.

I hope you're trolling, because you sound really pathetic.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Disinterested posted:

How is it possible that there are people who don't think this guy is trolling?

He's trolling at this point because the thread itself has fallen apart, but I think he's not embellishing his beliefs.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

He's trolling at this point because the thread itself has fallen apart, but I think he's not embellishing his beliefs.

He is actually not trolling because he masterfully refuted and defended the belief in the catholic dogma of the trinity and an immortal soul. Greek philosophy was the libertarian belief of their time after all.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing wrong with greek philosophy, but it does matter which greeks you're talking about...gently caress plato

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

rudatron posted:

There's nothing wrong with greek philosophy, but it does matter which greeks you're talking about...gently caress plato

" Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

What is the Catholic church but a miserable little pile of traditions?

obligatory Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

I told my dad tonight (home for Christmas) that my "There is only one thing that matters and it is Jesus Christ" thread was over 5000 posts! He was very proud. Congratulations everyone on making it this far! Here's to 50,000!

That wasn't pride, it was deep, deep, shame and regret that pulling out didn't work and resulted in you,

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

CowOnCrack posted:

CowOnCrack posted:

I would argue that until two people are in a fully-committed lifelong relationship, outsiders cannot tell if they are taken.

:vince:

Was she the same race as you? If there's one thing that this thread has taught me, it's that this question is Biblically super-important.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kyrie eleison posted:

You don't "become" gay this isn't a thing that's a choice. Also people say that to you because you're a repressed gay man not because women are terrible.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Kyrie eleison posted:

The official solution endorsed by the atheists in this thread is that you should Swear Off Women and Become Gay.

What was that thing about not intentionally misrepresenting views that had you so pissed off at me earlier?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kyrie eleison posted:

Yes... this tubby bastard is a "pretty cool dude", especially for his work "On the Jews and Their Lies," which directly laid a theological groundwork for Nazi Germany. It says a lot that all of the commie Satanists love him. From wackypedia:

In the treatise he argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3] and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".[5]

Pretty cool dude!

Oh come on Kyrie, nobody baits Jews like you do.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I wish to salute CowOnCrack for, somehow, derailing this thread.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

SedanChair posted:

Oh come on Kyrie, nobody baits Jews like you do.

The eternal student

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
:catholic:: Good loving christ I love men. I love to hang out with them, I love to have sex with them, I love how they are more like me than women. But I guess I should dutifully have sex with women out of a sense of obligation to populate the earth

:stare:: Maybe you should just admit you like men, and date men

:catholic:: Oh ho, looks like the Che Brigade wants me to Become Gay!

:stare:: Become?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

SedanChair posted:

:catholic:: Good loving christ I love men. I love to hang out with them, I love to have sex with them, I love how they are more like me than women. But I guess I should dutifully have sex with women out of a sense of obligation to populate the earth

:stare:: Maybe you should just admit you like men, and date men

:stare:: Become?

Maybe he sees this exact same exchange as:

:devil:: Maybe you should just admit you like men, and date men

:devil:: Become?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah, yeah, I shouldn't take the bait but I'm staying with in-laws, I'm bored, and on the off chance COC isn't trolling the why not?

CowOnCrack posted:

I have no grudge against this person.

No, you clearly do because you insult her;

quote:

basket case in her romantic life

her lunacy

And you're REALLY going out of your way to make her the bad guy. But let's review what we know from you.

CowOnCrack posted:

Obviously, one anecdote does not a case make, but in my case literally all I did was tell this girl I loved her and she flipped the gently caress out and tried to destroy me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fon9b-aO6ec

No person is ever going to flip the gently caress out and try to destroy someone because they're told someone loves them. So either you did way more stuff to poison the well then you're letting on or she simply rejected you and you really overreacted. At this point I'm leaning towards either.

quote:

We were never together, I was only ever respectful and nice to her, and she insisted I was her 'friend' until I told her that. And we were friends for almost 2 years until I told her that. Sound familiar?

Yes, it sounds like you believe that you were "friendzoned", which is a super lovely way for you to look at relationships between men and women! She's not a vending machine that you put nice tokens into and then get sex marriage out of.

quote:

I had to hang on for dear life just to defend both of our reputations and get out. Now I'm scarred forever. I really didn't need that poo poo. What makes it interesting though is she did have a 'boyfriend.' Is what I did wrong? As long as I'm willing to own up to the potential consequences, I don't believe so, and I am.

Holy poo poo, YES IT'S WRONG! What about you being willing to own up to the potential consequences (which you clearly aren't willing to do) makes it ok to do that? You were trying to get her to cheat on her boyfriend with you. How would you feel if you were in the boyfriend's position and she accepted another man's advances and immediately broke it off with you for him? You'd probably be in an even worse boat than you are now!

quote:

But the pretense for respectfully courting her was wanting marriage. In the end we have a values disagreement - apparently she doesn't want that (she's been with the dude for 3.5 years and they just hang out or something) or at least not with me. But does that a 'harassment' case make?

YES. When you "respectfully" "court" a person that does not want to be courted, and for future reference anyone who is in a relationship has a blanket 'no' on that question, then that is the exact definition of harassment. Open up any dictionary and you'll find your exact course of events listed there under "examples of harassment".

quote:

She threatened my livelihood, reputation, and even my health because I'm sensitive person and I don't have a lot of emotional resources to deal with baseless accusations.

So she should have considered your fragile baby fawn feelings before saying that no, she doesn't want to leave her boyfriend for you. Well what a callous monster she is! Wait, no, the other thing; completely normal.

And it's not just her specifically that you seem to have weird hang ups about, but women in general. Look at this poo poo, dude:

CowOnCrack posted:

I say women have gotten out of control in our society

Also, women leading men on can bring a lot of grief to both people, and they do it because they can play the harassment card so easily. I believe our view of romance in society has become somewhat one-sided against men, when women harassing men is a huge issue and the law literally puts the burden of proof on men every time.

Basically if he does anything wrong his wife can chop his balls off and he has to protect her with his life. Women should submit to men's leadership out of love and respect - a concept foreign to our modern society that we would show that level of humility when it's all about ourselves.

Serious question. What's the difference between a boyfriend and a friend that's a boy? :siren:Can women tell the difference?:siren:

Holy gently caress, dude, these are not normal or healthy views in the least! You very clearly have some issues with how you view women, and that's almost certainly why you've had 'bad luck' with them. You say you're seeing a therapist, so I'd like you to do me and yourself a huge favor, and print out your last five or six posts, unedited and without any of our replies, and show them to your therapist. I bet they'll have some useful things to say!

Oh, and

quote:

For example, some women come out of the woodwork and try to defame Bill Cosby. Eventually all charges dropped. His reputation is tarnished forever because he can't convince everyone he never did anything, even though nothing was proven.

Only one of the 15 criminal charges was dropped, all others and the civil suits are still looking to go forward.

quote:

My aunt told me a story about a football player that my cousin knew who was an all around upstanding guy. He was in his dorm one night with a friend of his and all of a sudden this drunk women bursts in and starts taking off her shirt, forcing herself on him. He tells her to get out, and she goes wandering through the school drunk. The police pick her up and she accuses him of raping her. There was really no reasonable case at all but the university needed to cover their asses. He loses his scholarship to Brown and spends 3 years of his life defending himself until all charges are dropped.

Your aunt told you some Grade A chain-email urban legend bullshit. This never happened.

Seriously, my friend, I think you need to take a really hard look at your life and your outlook on women and relationships without the lens of the bible. I'm not saying give up your faith, just that you take a more critical and objective look at things in conjunction with your meditations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

rudatron posted:

gently caress plato

Seriously, gently caress him.

Walter posted:

So is this the longest troll thread in the history of non-FYAD Something Awful or what?

This just in: People like Debating and Discussing in D&D regardless if someone is trolling or not. Meanwhile, world shocked to discover sky is still blue!

• Locked thread