Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Nighthand posted:

We're on God's True Console, of course it works perfectly.

So there are PC players? I thought they all learned to not buy COD from Ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sdoots posted:

Part of it is that on PS4, a lot of the players, at least the ones I met and made friends with, went back to Destiny when the DLC hit, and are still deep in it. I've been balancing my time between games fairly well, I think, but I get the urge to just submerge yourself in something like Destiny and get crazy loot.

Every time I log on, somebody is playing Destiny. This game has some pretty cool loot, too.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

It works most of the time and I can usually see a couple of people online in the evenings, these people are usually Teh Mascot, KNROSU and Cactusmas. Papa Javes and Yeyo are also about more often than not.

Join us.

I'm going to have to find a (working) copy of this game from a Redbox first. If Xbox Live handles connections better then PSN, I'll probably switch over.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Saw a message of the day about getting a helmet if I played this week (Starting today.)

I just played. I didn't get anything. Did I overlook some start time or something?

[edit] It eventually showed up.

Hey so last night I earned a 2xp bonus item I could "activate" for 10 min.

This morning it "expired" without me ever using it. What a short window!!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 22, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Spoon Man posted:

I couldn't have held up the rear without you, Mommy Bloat.

How many wins did I contribute?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Feenix posted:

Hey so last night I earned a 2xp bonus item I could "activate" for 10 min.

This morning it "expired" without me ever using it. What a short window!!

Reinforcement 2XP time activates automatically upon receipt and lasts for the indicated time in-match.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Reinforcement 2XP time activates automatically upon receipt and lasts for the indicated time in-match.

Ah I thought it was something I activated. Ok, my bad. :)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It does seem to convey that impression. Maybe that was something they intended to do at some point.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Fibby Boy posted:

You need a smart phone or Windows 8 to find out!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mill Village posted:

I'm going to have to find a (working) copy of this game from a Redbox first. If Xbox Live handles connections better then PSN, I'll probably switch over.

I mean, connections are ALWAYS bad. I'm willing to bet that the connection quality will be the same between consoles.

You will however, be able to play with some pretty cool bros though. :glomp:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Spoon Man posted:

You need a smart phone or Windows 8 to find out!

How do you do this? I can't see past the first 10.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

How do you do this? I can't see past the first 10.

Go to the War Room where you see the nodes. Expand the clan leaderboard where it shows you how many CP each clan has. At the bottom of the clan leaderboard, you can switch it to the player leaderboard. This shows every single member that was activated for the clan war, their win count, and rank within the clan (the sort order is bugged).

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Spoon Man posted:

Go to the War Room where you see the nodes. Expand the clan leaderboard where it shows you how many CP each clan has. At the bottom of the clan leaderboard, you can switch it to the player leaderboard. This shows every single member that was activated for the clan war, their win count, and rank within the clan (the sort order is bugged).

Okay great, thanks. It also seems that it doesn't count wins for you if you don't have the BOYS clan tag in use because I know I've played and won more than 5 games for domination - either that or the app doesn't work.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Okay great, thanks. It also seems that it doesn't count wins for you if you don't have the BOYS clan tag in use because I know I've played and won more than 5 games for domination - either that or the app doesn't work.

It's probably not the clan tag since I took mine off at the beginning of the last clan war and haven't put it back on. It seems to be counting my wins.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Fibby Boy posted:

Im assuming you don't have a smart phone.
You got 21 wins.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Most of my games didn't count because I TK'ed my way out of 90% of my HCDom games. Best one was butt slamming the starting point and getting booted in the first second.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I may have missed the boat way back when but is there a goon clan I can join? I'm a parent of a 2 year old so I'm not ALWAYS on, but when I play, I play decently. :)

(unless it's a super serious clan with limited spots left...)

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Spoon Man posted:

Good job on the clan war this week, BOYS. We're in 1st by 128 points with 5.5 hours left.

Special thanks to the top 3 contributors:
KNROSU - 55 wins
DJCobol - 38 wins
BCRock - 33 wins

where the hell is my name.. i know i got more than a few wins up on the board :(

*edit: I prestiged twice during this clan war and only got 5th place??

meh.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 22, 2014

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

I can't actually click on this page to bring up the whole list because, as usual, the COD app is rubbish, but that's the top page.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I swear to jesus.. you have literally the worst most buggy copy of this game dude, I feel bad for you cause it seems to be only happening to you and only you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Feenix posted:

I may have missed the boat way back when but is there a goon clan I can join? I'm a parent of a 2 year old so I'm not ALWAYS on, but when I play, I play decently. :)

(unless it's a super serious clan with limited spots left...)

only if you have an open mic and let the kid cry in the background because you won't feed it

what platform?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sorry guys, I decided to take a break. Between my game loving up and not letting me hear anyone else in the party besides yeyo and the terrible connections, I felt it was needed.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I haven't used the BOYS clan tag in a while now, because when playing with other goons, a lobby full of people using the same clan tag tends to scare people away.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I think we all left after a third round of non-stop System Hacks, Bombing Runs, VTOLS, Paladins and drop-shoters. At least we got that nice win earlier against the 6 man group who were poo poo-talking us about how we'd never get more than 80 points next match after we beat them by 25 the match before; they even rage quit as the clock hit 5 seconds.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Christoff posted:

only if you have an open mic and let the kid cry in the background because you won't feed it

what platform?

I never feed him.

Ps4 ILL_MITCH

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581206

post your GT here and ask for an invite (Sending a request is broken as gently caress)

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Gordon Shumway posted:

Sorry guys, I decided to take a break. Between my game loving up and not letting me hear anyone else in the party besides yeyo and the terrible connections, I felt it was needed.

yeah i had to restart because i lost chat audio then I lost all audio all together. Also, when i group with goons, my connection goes to poo poo.. when I play solo, I seem to do just fine... no idea why that is, and it doesn't mean that im going to prefer playing solo. Just an observation because in one hour of playing solo HC KC I completed my double kill and slide kill camo challenges for that god forsaken awful piece of poo poo MP11 Goliath. only thing left now is headshots and DogFights :shepicide:

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 23, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
The MP11 Goliath is a beast. Still gets beat by the ASM1 in most situations, though that's the case for most guns.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Asm1 with grip, RDS, and silencer rules

I have the variant that adds range

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I don't really like the ASM1. I assume you don't bother firing it at long range?

Edit: I assume I'm just using it wrong.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 23, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You don't need advanced rifling imo especially with the +2 range variant

It's pretty much an AR

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

The MP11 Goliath is a beast. Still gets beat by the ASM1 in most situations, though that's the case for most guns.

I wish I hadn't sold mine in favor of a different variant. I already miss my Goliath. :smith:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

then i guess i must be doing it wrong because ive been using the Foregrip, Laser and rapid fire

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Christoff posted:

You don't need advanced rifling imo especially with the +2 range variant

It's pretty much an AR

Im using the one with built in ext mags plus grip+quickdraw and it's like an AR and an LMG had a beautiful child.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

... when i group with goons, my connection goes to poo poo.. when I play solo, I seem to do just fine... no idea why that is, and it doesn't mean that im going to prefer playing solo. Just an observation because in one hour of playing solo HC KC I completed my double kill and slide kill camo challenges for that god forsaken awful piece of poo poo MP11 Goliath. only thing left now is headshots and DogFights :shepicide:

My experience is exactly the same. When I play solo my connections are significantly better than when I'm in a party with goons, and as a result my KDR is much better. I've always assumed it was because I'm on the west coast and most of the other guys are east coast and the game gives connection preference to whoever's hosting the party or whoever the most people in the lobby have the fastest connection to (or something like that).

That said, playing this game solo sucks so I'd much rather play with goons and finish bottom 3 every round then play solo and finish top 3.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BCRock posted:

That said, playing this game solo sucks so I'd much rather play with goons and finish bottom 3 every round then play solo and finish top 3.

I'm 50/50 on that. Playing with goons is fun, but honestly when I play with goons I'm not so good by comparison. On the other hand, I had a series of hardcore dom games earlier where I was just making GBS threads on some pubbies, having 40+ kills and 10+ caps in a single match. The rage mics were glorious, and I pretty much carried my team for a good 3-4 rounds. All those times I was pretty much dead weight, I now know what it feels like to be a Venutolo or a Ty Webb.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

DJCobol posted:

I'm 50/50 on that. Playing with goons is fun, but honestly when I play with goons I'm not so good by comparison.

Yeah, I also suck when I play with BOYS...I pretty much just just try to cap and bullet sponge for the better guys and laugh at non-stop bombing runs and warbirds

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

DJCobol posted:

I'm 50/50 on that. Playing with goons is fun, but honestly when I play with goons I'm not so good by comparison. On the other hand, I had a series of hardcore dom games earlier where I was just making GBS threads on some pubbies, having 40+ kills and 10+ caps in a single match. The rage mics were glorious, and I pretty much carried my team for a good 3-4 rounds. All those times I was pretty much dead weight, I now know what it feels like to be a Venutolo or a Ty Webb.

Cobol.. was it you who I kept buttslamming on accident the other day?

sba posted:

Yeah, I also suck when I play with BOYS...I pretty much just just try to cap and bullet sponge for the better guys and laugh at non-stop bombing runs and warbirds

that I can deal with.. but the Non-hardWired System hack storm I encountered today was pure hell.. and I'm wondering why we arent causing that chaos. Seems like most of the goons that play are good enough to get a 600-1000 point streak.. so running a system Hack train on some poor defenseless pubs should be a normal thing.. almost like the VSAT chains of yesteryear.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I dislike system hack enough to not force that on pubs.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Cobol.. was it you who I kept buttslamming on accident the other day?

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Shannow posted:

Im using the one with built in ext mags plus grip+quickdraw and it's like an AR and an LMG had a beautiful child.

I feel like the regular mag size on it is more than enough. I know there's other much better variants I just sold them when it still sucked. One has built in rapid fire?

• Locked thread