Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

SharkAKALegitShark posted:

That tiger really enjoys bananas !

They're GRRREAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lifehack: Shove it up someone else's butt like a animal:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Alhazred posted:

Lifehack: Shove it up someone else's butt like a animal:

Feces with a high fiber content act as a natural exfoliant.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Never cooking again!

The biscuit one really pisses me off because they're supposed to RISE and get nice and fluffy, idiot

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Noyemi K posted:

Never cooking again!

The biscuit one really pisses me off because they're supposed to RISE and get nice and fluffy, idiot

Jesus that was terrible. Great commercial for the Oster waffle iron though.

"Now your childhood favorite is all grown up!" - No, no it isn't. You're just Easy Bake Oven-ing the gently caress out of everything.

"Never mastered the art of making an omelet?" - That's because you're a moron.

The biscuit one is the worst. Argh.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Noyemi K posted:

Never cooking again!

Save y'all a click: pour poo poo in your waffle iron, wait a minute, eat the poo poo.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

Never cooking again!

TOO MUCH OF A HUGE IDIOT MANCHILD TO ACTUALLY COOK FOOD? loving THROW IT ON A WAFFLE IRON YOU PIGGY BASTARD.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Save y'all a click: pour poo poo in your waffle iron, wait a minute, eat the poo poo.

Hilarious, since my husband walked in while it was playing and said, "Put dog poo poo on a waffle iron! Everything is amazing on a waffle iron!" which just makes me wonder why they didn't go one step further and toss a steak in there or some ground meat.

The word "wiscuit" makes me want to punch someone in the tit, Hot Moms Club. Pretty sure any club of moms which labels itself "hot" is likely fodder for the Awkward Ugly gross thread.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I just love the overly exaggerated fake response titles to these dumb clickbait mom commercials, they are truly heartwarming and mind-blowing, and I probably won't believe what happens next!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

BarbarousBertha posted:

toss a steak in there or some ground meat.

The George Foreman Grill is a waffle iron for meat.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

m2pt5 posted:

The George Foreman Grill is a waffle iron for meat.

Definitely got drunk and used a Mickey Mouse waffle iron on some meat after the ex took the Foreman when she moved out. Nice mouse face on my meat. #disneymeathack

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gatekeeper posted:

Definitely got drunk and used a Mickey Mouse waffle iron on some meat after the ex took the Foreman when she moved out. Nice mouse face on my meat. #disneymeathack

I don't know if you're lying or not. But I wanna see pictures if you're not.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
MEATY MOUSE IS NEW EMPEROR OF BACHELORDOM :black101:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

froward posted:

Five thousand potatoes in my breakfast nook. Why couldn't I think of that?? I guess my brain just isn't smart enough.

Lifehack: use bizarre and nonsensical images in your sponsored ads so people will click on them out of curiosity. Not only will their click get you that sweet sweet ad revenue, but they'll share it with other people to complain about how stupid and misleading it is and get you even more clicks!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Coffee cup. Bisquick and whatever sugar. Mix the two powder don't exceed halfway up the cup. Mix in vanilla to taste. Water and mix until runny. Microwave until fully cooked ~2/3 minutes let stand in microwave 1 minute.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

Never cooking again!

Top rated comment:

of loving course

All of those "receipies"/hacks were dumb, although I think the first one bothered me the most. You've already made the loving brownie mix, you're loving done! All this is doing is replacing the :effort: of putting it on a baking tray with putting it in a fiddley and hard-to clean waffle iron.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
The quesadilla is impossible to gently caress up by just putting it into a pan for five minutes and flipping once, but they managed to make it look kind of gross with the incredibly uneven cooking you get from basically trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

I guess at least they're aware the problem with kitchen gadgets isn't that they don't work, it's that they uselessly eat up counter/cabinet space the other 95% of the time because they can't do anything except the one thing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Felafel in a waffle iron is actually really good. Best way to get it crispy without deep frying it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

yook posted:

The quesadilla is impossible to gently caress up by just putting it into a pan for five minutes and flipping once, but they managed to make it look kind of gross with the incredibly uneven cooking you get from basically trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

I guess at least they're aware the problem with kitchen gadgets isn't that they don't work, it's that they uselessly eat up counter/cabinet space the other 95% of the time because they can't do anything except the one thing.

My ex-wife came from a hispanic background and mexican food was frequent. Quesadillas were the "lazy" food. We usually wouldn't even use a pan. Just fold a tortilla over cheese and cook it straight on the stovetop, sans pan.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
"Man, why did I buy this waffle iron? I don't even like waffles that much... Better think of some other uses for this poo poo to justify the wasted money to myself..."

Here is even more waffle-shaped garbage.

Choco1980 posted:

My ex-wife came from a hispanic background and mexican food was frequent. Quesadillas were the "lazy" food. We usually wouldn't even use a pan. Just fold a tortilla over cheese and cook it straight on the stovetop, sans pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1EZizsZUI

twoday has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Dec 24, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

By no more cooking I thought you guys were talking about eating raw biscuits until I saw the waffle iron bit.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lifehack: stick the bottoms of your shoes into a waffle iron for an on-field advantage. Sell that design and build a shoe empire. Note: may only work once.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Some of those are needlessly complicated poo poo they did just to see if they could, like the waffled croque madame, but waffles are a fun shape and I can see waffled brownies, cookies, or burgers being a hit with kids. Hell, I'd eat a waffle burger.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Choco1980 posted:

I was imagining doing this with a propane stove.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Some of those are needlessly complicated poo poo they did just to see if they could, like the waffled croque madame, but waffles are a fun shape and I can see waffled brownies, cookies, or burgers being a hit with kids. Hell, I'd eat a waffle burger.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Lifehack: use bizarre and nonsensical images in your sponsored ads so people will click on them out of curiosity. Not only will their click get you that sweet sweet ad revenue, but they'll share it with other people to complain about how stupid and misleading it is and get you even more clicks!

:ironicat:

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

Never cooking again!

The biscuits just looked like waffles, why not just make some waffles?

I see making poo poo in your waffle iron if you live in a crappy dorm, or a drug addict who didn't pay the gas bill this month.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Back in town at my parents' place for the holiday, so guess what? They decided they're gonna try something fun (read: gross) and make a bunch of stuff in the waffle iron this Christmas morning because they saw this stupid loving article earlier this week. Biscuits, hash browns, and brownies in the waffle iron! I mean, for gently caress's sake, we have a working griddle, stove, and oven.

I'll report back tomorrow morning on how godawful doing this actually is.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

pulp rag posted:

Back in town at my parents' place for the holiday, so guess what? They decided they're gonna try something fun (read: gross) and make a bunch of stuff in the waffle iron this Christmas morning because they saw this stupid loving article earlier this week. Biscuits, hash browns, and brownies in the waffle iron! I mean, for gently caress's sake, we have a working griddle, stove, and oven.

I'll report back tomorrow morning on how godawful doing this actually is.

Christmas is the worst loving time to try a stupid cooking gimmick

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I got a waffle iron for Christmas! I might try some of these.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You idiot fuckers need to report back on how terribly it all goes.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

I remember a long time ago we had that sandwich maker thingy and my aunt would make sweet little cakes in them. I miss that little pattern... oh well.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i need some crock pot hacks

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

SaltLick posted:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

SaltLick posted:

Fill with water and drop an aquarium air pump into it. Use the "keep warm" setting. Hamster hot tub! Walla!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

SaltLick posted:

M R CRACKER had some great tips:

M R CRACKER posted:

I got a crock pot on Friday (garbage day and someone threw it.) One tip I have is to put newspaper inside it, so when your recipe is done, you just throw the wet paper, and you don't have to clean the pot. It saves a lot on water.

Today I did Hot Bread, great for dinner. You put water in the bottom, and then you put Roman Meal, so you get whole grains. Turn it on in the morning. By dinner time it's really hot and moist. I can get 2 meals of Hot Bread out of 1 loaf. (The second half is breakfast for tomorrow. Work fuel.)

I figured out today that you can put food and it stays hot, like a heat lamp, so it's good all day. I put Chicken Tenders in it when I got home today and the crock pot keeps it warm all night. You don't have to swallow them all at once to get a hot meal. With the crock pot, you have a warm snack when you want.

Can you put 2 crock pots at once? If I get another I would put mayo in it, and chicken in the other, so I can fill it and have a great meal any time. You wake up at 3am and you need a snack to relax from dreaming, so you grab a hot chicken with good hot dip. It makes your whole life better.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I got a waffle iron too. Gonna make me some poo poo grilled cheese.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Reporting back on the waffle iron shenanigans.

Hash browns, horrible result despite thinking it might work in theory. Took like 15 minutes to cook them, and even then they were either super burnt in the divots or pretty much uncooked everywhere else.

Cinnamon buns were worse because they came out real doughy and tough because they didn't get to rise. Some smoke because the cinnamon goo was never meant to be fried for like 20 minutes.

At least we had pancakes and eggs on a proper griddle, so at least most of breakfast was still good.

So, yeah, like we all guessed, a waffle iron is good at making goddamn waffles and that's about it. Not mad at my parents for trying something stupid and "fun" for the holidays, but I thought they were smarter than this haha.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Your parents were smart enough to not gently caress up the pancakes and eggs. I'm sure many Christmas days are currently being wrecked by life hack shenanigans. Somebody decides that everything must be made on a waffle iron and anyone who suggests otherwise gets a death stare for ruining Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Your parents were smart enough to not gently caress up the pancakes and eggs. I'm sure many Christmas days are currently being wrecked by life hack shenanigans. Somebody decides that everything must be made on a waffle iron and anyone who suggests otherwise gets a death stare for ruining Christmas.
It's fun! Isn't Christmas about having fun?! :v: