Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Power of Pecota posted:

Now that I'm working on my second save file, I'm reminded what the worst challenge is:

That's not Family Man.

Also fun new bug: charged shots discharge when you go into a new room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The run I just had started slow, and then all of a sudden within three floors it turned into Brimstone + Tammy's Head + Guppy + Dark Bum (with some Spoon Bender and ridiculously fast charge time thanks to an avalanche of Tears Up items). I even picked up the 9-Volt, but it's not like anything survived long enough for the recharge to matter. There might be item combinations more powerful than this (probably involving Godhead, Sacred Heart, maybe Death's Touch, Polyphemus, etc., etc.), but watching entire rooms melt every time I hit the space bar never, ever gets old.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
The one challenge I still haven't completed is Beans. The one with Tiny Planet was the first difficult one (ie. not 'Slow Roll' or the homing laser one) I completed. The final 3 for me were: Family Man, Cat Got Your Tongue, and Beans.

I can't even remember how I completed Cat Got Your Tongue but I'm pretty sure it must have involved an Infested Baby or Lil Brimstone.

Edit: I thought for sure setting up an infinite/cheap reroll with Isaac to get the last few items in my collection would have been incredibly painful but it's surprisingly possible with a few combinations of items.

PoizenJam fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 25, 2014

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I don't know what "fix" from the new patch I like more, the fix where charging items discharge when you enter a room or the fix where the game now randomly crashes. Thanks Edmund.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Thanks to 9 lives + Holy Mantle + Mask of Infamy I was able to beat the Chest as The Lost. I don't think I'll get luckier with that character.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

tRIDAV posted:

That's not Family Man.

On my second save file I got Hive Mind on like Basement 1 plus a Fish Head trinket Basement 2 and that carried me along to a Mitre in like Depths 1, which made it a cakewalk. I managed to knock out Family Man, Cat got Your Tongue, and Beans! on my first try this time around which was pretty satisfying.

Head Trauma and Solar System are the ones that are miserable for me this time through - I also tried to do Suicide King legitimately like 3 times but then just Magic Fingersed my way through on the fourth when I got an early Piggy Bank + Humbling Bundle, which turned into a crapton of pennies.

Poizen Jam posted:

The one challenge I still haven't completed is Beans. The one with Tiny Planet was the first difficult one (ie. not 'Slow Roll' or the homing laser one) I completed. The final 3 for me were: Family Man, Cat Got Your Tongue, and Beans.

I got Guppy's Head on Beans! this time through and it was really fun with the charging in-room.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So what that Gaping Maw change is talking about is that 2 of those stone heads that suck you in got changed to be an unused broken version. They'll try to suck you in for 4 seconds, and then stop for 4 seconds, and repeat all that. That should prevent some characters from getting stuck in that room.

Some unlisted changes are that the Book of Belial now has a use image like the Necronomicon, and that the Mystery Sack got fixed. Now it actually drops items.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Power of Pecota posted:

I got Guppy's Head on Beans! this time through and it was really fun with the charging in-room.

See I actually struggle with whether to pick up Guppy's head or not. The bean isn't a bad item- it kills most enemies with one application and has an area of effect. I feel Guppy's Head might not match up unless you had some damage upgrades to ensure 1 blue fly = 1 kill.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
It looks like in addition to the brimstone/knife charge firing when entering a room the Isaac boss also got its 3rd phase changed a bit. Now after he spams the bullets he chases after you and fires a few more tears directly at you before doing the sky beams again. Not a bad change, his phase 3 was pretty much impossible to die to once you learned how it worked.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Scorps posted:

Now after he spams the bullets he chases after you and fires a few more tears directly at you before doing the sky beams again. Not a bad change, his phase 3 was pretty much impossible to die to once you learned how it worked.

That's not new.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Power of Pecota posted:

Now that I'm working on my second save file, I'm reminded what the worst challenge is:

I did It's in the Cards earlier today and I didn't like it at all. I'd rather something interesting instead of just spamming cards.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I think Waka Waka might be my least favorite challenge. It's gimmick is interesting at least but it makes certain rooms and bosses a gigantic loving pain in the rear end to fight, and I can't seem to get past Caves I without eating a ton of damage (or dying).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Brett824 posted:

I don't know what "fix" from the new patch I like more, the fix where charging items discharge when you enter a room or the fix where the game now randomly crashes. Thanks Edmund.

Now that's the Nicalis I was expecting when this project was announced. To be fair, they did a lot better than I expected, but introducing fun new bugs like that is just very them.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Well, Ludovico and Flaming Tears is a god-awful combo due to the tear resetting right beside you each time you get the explosion tick of Flaming Tears. Thank god I only grabbed Ludovico in the Chest.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there a way to revert to the legal seeds patch. Getting a Super Meat Boy is killing me internally.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alabaster White posted:

Is there a way to revert to the legal seeds patch. Getting a Super Meat Boy is killing me internally.

At this point just load up Cheat Engine if you're on PC.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
What are some completely bonkers seeds? I want a brimstone + ludovico one that isn't Azazel

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Doctor Goat posted:

What are some completely bonkers seeds? I want a brimstone + ludovico one that isn't Azazel

Find one with monstro's lung + isaac's tears, it's makes that look like eve's starting tears.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
This is probably my favourite combo, not ridiculously overpowered but it's strong and really fun to play. Moms knife in the first room, spoon bender a little while later and brimstone in some devil deal. It got me dark boy too so now I just need the Beans challenge and a couple of item pickups for platinum god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1feGrIkxcA
Seed: SPCD QMYG
watch dark bum give me three spiders in a row :negative:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I just lost about 3 weeks worth of progress.

I don't know why, I don't know how.

Is there any way to fix this?

e: Yeah, and I lost all my unlocks too. loving great. Really awesome.

I was 7 items away from platinum god, now I need to unlock the chest. What the gently caress.

Oh my loving God I only have 500 coins in the donation machine. loving hell, what even happened?

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 25, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

At this point just load up Cheat Engine if you're on PC.

Ugh. How. I hate cheating-for-real in games but after the third time Conquest appears when I have 3 cubes, I'm ready to give up. Do I have to turn Steam offline to evade cheating detection or something?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alabaster White posted:

Ugh. How. I hate cheating-for-real in games but after the third time Conquest appears when I have 3 cubes, I'm ready to give up. Do I have to turn Steam offline to evade cheating detection or something?

Nah, it's single player, Steam doesn't care.

Download the latest CE.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=108784 - table download

e: meh, watch this video and learn about the Pedestal Script. My table is outdated, yours should have it. SMB should take you about 20s with this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suJBtLTluso

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 25, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Nah, it's single player, Steam doesn't care.

Download the latest CE.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=108784 - table download

e: meh, watch this video and learn about the Pedestal Script. My table is outdated, yours should have it. SMB should take you about 20s with this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suJBtLTluso

Thank god. Now I'm finally done that last goddamn achievement and I can play the game for real again.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
gently caress Conquest forever. I finally found a Book of Revelations on the first floor, and had a great run, would have finally completed Super Bandage Girl if not for loving Conquest.

Also: If you use MissingNo on the Chest and wind up in the I Am Error room, you restart the exact same layout of the Chest. This seed:

P2LL
MLNJ

has given me a chest that included MissingNo in the first room, and a long room with a bunch of trash monsters, including three champions that drop batteries. So you could hypothetically keep rerunning the same Chest over and over.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.
I just had a super meat boy run followed up by a bandage girl run. :psyduck: Meat boy involved getting book of rev in the first treasure room and using it every other floor, since it seems to break horseman spawns if you just spam it every floor. The bandage girl was entirely dumb luck. After being screwed by a bandage ball or conquest when I'm on 3 meat cubes dozens of times, that was just completely bizarre.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

TheModernAmerican posted:

I just lost about 3 weeks worth of progress.

I don't know why, I don't know how.

Is there any way to fix this?

e: Yeah, and I lost all my unlocks too. loving great. Really awesome.

I was 7 items away from platinum god, now I need to unlock the chest. What the gently caress.

Oh my loving God I only have 500 coins in the donation machine. loving hell, what even happened?

Thankfully I didn't lose that much, but yeah, I have no idea what happened, unlock The Lost a few weeks ago, unlocked Death's Touch a couple days ago, both gone.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm at like -150 streak, loving Lost. I dont think I am good at this game.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm at like -150 streak, loving Lost. I dont think I am good at this game.

It's normal. I was probably around -500 combined after unlocking everything.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Wugga posted:

Well, seeing how it's Christmas and all...

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/68141643/file.html

It's just the persistentgamedata file, so hopefully that works. I've never fiddled around with the savefiles so use this at your own risk. It worked fine for my friend though, so it probably won't screw up your game. I took it from Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Rebirth, so that's probably where you want to put it.

Thank you! If anyone else downloaded this and had a bit of trouble, in the same folder there's an "options.ini" file. Change SteamCloud=1 to SteamCloud=0 to stop the game from ignoring the local saves.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Had a silly loving run last night, I started recording just to share here. Enjoy!!

http://www.twitch.tv/jvanvalkenburg/b/602947825

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does Dr. Fetus rig it so the game never gives you damage ups while you have it? I've had it like five times and every time, nothing. I had the loving D6 with Isaac and it still happened.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Anti-grav tears + lump coal synergize pretty well. Now if you add on top of that an uncapped fire rate through cancer + squeezy, jesus juice and a couple of tears up pills, its out of this world. Alpha-striking bosses this way is just awesome.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The amount of times I have picked up nine lives and instantly regretted it...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dugong posted:

The amount of times I have picked up nine lives and instantly regretted it...

you gotta start cheesing devil rooms, brother! get rid of a few of them lives!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The bomb into special rooms fix apparently causes the game to allow special rooms to border rooms that you cant bomb between:

I bombed down into the item room and was able to enter but I spawned in the room as though I came through the door.

Also, the charged shots going away on room entrance may be related to making it so you can skip boss cutscenes without shooting. The Ipecac run I did today allowed me to safely skip intros without shooting. It also totally hosed up a Monstro's Lung with Poly run I had earlier. gently caress that poo poo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Oh man, the devil rooms with a single deal and two evil hearts own. If you have less than you need for the deal, grab the deal and then grab the hearts and you'll survive and get the item.

I got Mom's Knife for one heart.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
So I'm closer to Plat god that I ever would have expected. I need to pick up the noose and a couple of God room items. Basically the strat is to play isaac with the D6 and try to get item beggars in those rooms and to not take damage/not accept devil deals to try to get the god rooms right? Do I have a chance of getting those items in The Chest?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Eat a dick, demon judgment.

Escape Car 3000
Oct 12, 2008

Atomicated posted:

So I'm closer to Plat god that I ever would have expected. I need to pick up the noose and a couple of God room items. Basically the strat is to play isaac with the D6 and try to get item beggars in those rooms and to not take damage/not accept devil deals to try to get the god rooms right? Do I have a chance of getting those items in The Chest?

You should also fight the angel and reroll the key pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Atomicated posted:

Any chests opened in The Chest secret room will also pull from the secret room item pool as well. So you could get a Wheel of Fortune card or six in there and go to town.