Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Got the new BA tactical squad as a gift, it's a really nice kit. Only came with 9 32mm bases though, so I'll have to email GW about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

JerryLee posted:

If only any Space Marines had defected during the 10,000 years since the Horus Heresy, they might have brought some Razorbacks with them :smith:

Or remembered to keep putting Heavy Bolters and Heavy Flamers on top of their Rhinos like they did back in the Heresy. Or, you know, got any transport option that was at all useful for an army full of crazed close combat maniacs.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

ChrisAsmadi posted:

You could also probably do Blood Ravens and then run whatever marine dex takes your fancy.

yeah but dont do this

you can do the SM trick with lamenters in a fluffy way, they were thought to be immune to the black rage until after the badab wars. so you can run your dudes as blood angels or sm and then you can lecture your dumb friends about fluff while taking some bullshit list.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

TKIY posted:

Just got Space Hulk for Christmas from my mother in law. Does this mean I need to collect a full Blood Angels army now?

Yes.

Or at the very least, pick up Deathstorm, sell the terminators that come with it, and run the formation. just for funsies. It's what I'm doing.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Big Willy Style posted:

yeah but dont do this

you can do the SM trick with lamenters in a fluffy way, they were thought to be immune to the black rage until after the badab wars. so you can run your dudes as blood angels or sm and then you can lecture your dumb friends about fluff while taking some bullshit list.

Play Ultramarines as BA's. Who gives a poo poo if your blue dudes are playing with the rules for the red dudes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's kind of weird that we've not yet seen a Crusade banner or something that allows mixing and matching of units across the Space Marine codexes. Always thought that would be cool.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
no offense man but a lot of the poo poo you 'think would be cool' are pants on head stupid

belial bombs backed up by thunderfires and stormwolf support yeah right

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Hollismason posted:

It's kind of weird that we've not yet seen a Crusade banner or something that allows mixing and matching of units across the Space Marine codexes. Always thought that would be cool.

The banner you are looking for exists and is called Unbound. Forge your narrative~!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hixson posted:

Play Ultramarines as BA's. Who gives a poo poo if your blue dudes are playing with the rules for the red dudes.
I played against a guy a a tournament who was surprised my Ultras were Ultras instead of something else. He has Blood Angels that use Ultramarines or White Scars rules. The daggers I stared at him could cut diamonds.

He would have tabled me but at the end of turn 5 I still had two tactical Marines in melee with his Crisis Suits.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

I think it's funny that people get angry about someone else painting their army the "wrong" color for the rules you're using. Chill out and play with plastic space barbies, you guys.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oops, painted my tyranids the wrong color. Guess I can't use Mawlocs since they weren't used by the hive mind at that point.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

AbusePuppy posted:

I think it's funny that people get angry about someone else painting their army the "wrong" color for the rules you're using. Chill out and play with plastic space barbies, you guys.

I've honestly never had anyone give me poo poo when I want to run my ultramarines as another chapter tactics (provided I'm not using one of the characters), as long as I describe what they do before we start. And then you can always call your ultramarines alpha legion and goons will find it hilarious.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The colours need to be segregated and cannot be mixed.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Hollismason posted:

That's also allies.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

AbusePuppy posted:

It's more that the dude was incredulous that I'd actually run my army using the rules they're supposed to have. While he was a friendly enough guy, it wasn't a game so much as a five turn exercise in taking my models off the table. I know it was a tournament, but it was the kind of vibe where people brought fluffy Chaos Marines, Space Wolf dreadnought lists, Forgeworld units and the like. It was just a weirdly out of place mindset, player, and army.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I really want to make a Bjorn list. Bought the model at Nova and everything.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Look honestly I just want a 100 point wargear item for Space Marines as punishment.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
What does that even mean?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

After talking about it, wishlisting about it and directly bugging them about it for years, the current rumour is that after the Necron codex we're getting a new Eldar DLC with plastic aspect warriors and jetbikes Harlequins :confuoot:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

NTRabbit posted:

After talking about it, wishlisting about it and directly bugging them about it for years, the current rumour is that after the Necron codex we're getting a new Eldar DLC with plastic aspect warriors and jetbikes Harlequins :confuoot:

How. How can there not be Aspect Warriors or Jetbikes.

(Still, :gizz:)

In other news, after giving a prospective wish list which had a lot of Warhammer to my girlfriend for Christmas who then passed that on to my sister who confirmed that neither of them was going to buy this poo poo for me, my ma received the list and promptly bought two Hornets. Moms :)

Boon fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 26, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
My girlfriend got me a flannel and some shirts for Christmas and my mom got me a radio for work. At least you got Warhams.

I guess I'll just have to buy myself a Riptide to celebrate.

edit: i'm not reading this entire loving dakka thread, can a crisis suit buy two individual weapons without twin-linking them (ie two solo flamers instead of having to twinlink it)?

edit2: i read the thread. i'm sad that happened, but at least i know the answer.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 26, 2014

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

My mom bought me IA12 and a FW Greater Unclean One for Christmas. I agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Boon posted:

How. How can there not be Aspect Warriors or Jetbikes.

I don't know what you're talking about. GW released a beautiful new Eldar jetbike back in 2010 that I've built nearly twenty of and been extremely happy with. I guess they also released some other codex and models around the same date that were called like "Shadow Elfs" or something but I didn't really pay any attention to that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

A Windrider/Harlequin Jet bike combo kit is well within the realm of possibility.

I would like to see how they handle the first multi faction units.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I would like to see how they handle the first multi faction units.

I would imagine it'll be handled something like Assassins or Inquisitors?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'm looking into getting a Stormtalon but I just can't stand the way it looks. Is there anywhere that offers a conversion kit to make it a little more like an actual plane, or does everyone just improvise their own conversions?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ChrisAsmadi posted:

I would imagine it'll be handled something like Assassins or Inquisitors?
Getting ripped out of both codexes and made into a DLC PDF? :shrek:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If I take two CAD detachments from the same book, they interact with each other totally normally, right?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The right way to warham

http://battlefieldroyale.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/christmas-battle-report.html

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

If I take two CAD detachments from the same book, they interact with each other totally normally, right?

Yes. They're not allies, it's allies that interact differently.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tzeentch psychic power: blessing. roll a dice. all dice rolls of that number made by any player must be rerolled

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
What is that?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

PantsOptional posted:

I'm looking into getting a Stormtalon but I just can't stand the way it looks. Is there anywhere that offers a conversion kit to make it a little more like an actual plane, or does everyone just improvise their own conversions?

Why would you want an imperial flyer to actually look like it could fly. That there is heresy.

(Best conversations I've seen make them look like helicopters)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Extend the tail and make some bigger engines to make it look like an Orca Fighter from C&C maybe?
Whenever I look at a Stormtalon I keep seeing it as a stunted Orca at least.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Are you suggesting tampering with the anointed & holy STC design of the mighty Stormtalon?

I love it, but I seem to be in a bit of a minority online. Stubby but fierce.

EDIT: Fifth battle in the campaign me + my friends are running is up!

https://ahnchronicles.tumblr.com

This time its a large Spaceport battle with some sweet laser cut terrain. Bit one sided, but we didn't know it would be! Enjoy.

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 26, 2014

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Got two BA Tactical Marine Boxes for Christmas from my brother who I bought a Riptide for, so more or less bought myself two BA Tac squads. If I had three Storm Ravens I might try out some Angels Fury Spearhead bullshit, but that's a lot of dough to drop.

As far as Blood Angel's players go have you had any bit of success with the WD Data Sheets or Exterminatus Sheets? Looking at trying a list with the DC heavy Strike Force Mortalis with Archangels Sanguine Wing where the VV's get free lightning claws or power weapons while Sternguard gets free storm bolters or combi weapons.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lord Twisted posted:

Are you suggesting tampering with the anointed & holy STC design of the mighty Stormtalon?

I love it, but I seem to be in a bit of a minority online. Stubby but fierce.

I'm okay with it. It's a boxy helicopter.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Now I kind of wonder If I can hollow the bastard out and stuff R/C heli parts inside...

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I moved the engines back a little, and it made the whole thing seem much more like a flyer, while still keeping the Imperium's design motto of the triumph of thrust over gravity.

EDIT: You can't really see it in the pictures, but the mount where the engines are supposed to go have all their recesses painted a swirly-white blue pattern, like it's the reactor housing or something. Also, I brought in the assault cannon by a good .25" as well, streamlined the whole thing even more.

Takkaryx fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 26, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Takkaryx posted:

I moved the engines back a little, and it made the whole thing seem much more like a flyer, while still keeping the Imperium's design motto of the triumph of thrust over gravity.

EDIT: You can't really see it in the pictures, but the mount where the engines are supposed to go have all their recesses painted a swirly-white blue pattern, like it's the reactor housing or something. Also, I brought in the assault cannon by a good .25" as well, streamlined the whole thing even more.

That looks so much better. How'd you mount the engines, anyway? Looks like you used some sort of plastic square thing to get them attached to the back end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not an aerospace engineer but I reckon that would probably fly worse, not better.

• Locked thread