Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWP2Emps1M

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Dec 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

The thing in that video reminds me of the Writhing Mass of Primal Chaos from the game ADOM.

Sure, Cake time!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Me too
Me too

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Haruharuharuko posted:

Me too
Me too

You'd probably want this cake, then.
http://i.imgur.com/zOJLY7Y.png
NSFW!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

That cake looks delicious though. I'd be happy with the consolation prize.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

loving comic sans

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

Red_October_7000 posted:

Partly because there is a fundamental problem with chest tattoos on women -women's clothing has a huge variety of necklines, so a tattoo that is a complete image in one top is cropped awkwardly by another. This isn't exclusive to big breastbone pieces like the one in the picture, basically anything in any place that is routinely covered in part is troublesome, but it stands out especially with breastbone tattooing on women. This chick in particular has a friggin' ring through her nose like a bull and is wearing birth control glasses; her sense of style is, perhaps, a little confused. All that aside, I can't recall ever seeing a tattoo in that location that looked good on a woman. I'm not against tattooing in general at all; my Ex had something like seven and I've seen girls with full "sleeve" tattoos or pieces that go from ankle to hip which are quite pleasing to look upon indeed, it's just that particular location that is troublesome in my eye.

thank gently caress no tattooed woman asked you.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Red_October_7000 posted:

...which are quite pleasing to look upon indeed, it's just that particular location that is troublesome in my eye.

I cannot read this part without immediately seeing goonpipe.jpg in my mind's eye.

He is right, though. Nothing says "I'm sorry, we're not hiring right now" like a giant chest tattoo. Except for a face or neck tattoo, I guess.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dillbag posted:

I cannot read this part without immediately seeing goonpipe.jpg in my mind's eye.

He is right, though. Nothing says "I'm sorry, we're not hiring right now" like a giant chest tattoo. Except for a face or neck tattoo, I guess.

"You'll never get a job with that tattoo!"
-A goon stuck in the 1950s

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

kazil posted:

"You'll never get a job with that tattoo!"
-A goon stuck in the 1950s

In all fairness, people with face or neck tattoo(s) have made a horrible life choice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Number of successful people I've seen with a neck tattoo: 0

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

RCarr posted:

Except all those celebrities, models, musicians, and athletes.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Dillbag posted:

If you're interviewing for a job while bare-chested, chances are your chest tat won't be the deciding point.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Red_October_7000 posted:

Partly because there is a fundamental problem with chest tattoos on women -women's clothing has a huge variety of necklines, so a tattoo that is a complete image in one top is cropped awkwardly by another. This isn't exclusive to big breastbone pieces like the one in the picture, basically anything in any place that is routinely covered in part is troublesome, but it stands out especially with breastbone tattooing on women. This chick in particular has a friggin' ring through her nose like a bull and is wearing birth control glasses; her sense of style is, perhaps, a little confused. All that aside, I can't recall ever seeing a tattoo in that location that looked good on a woman. I'm not against tattooing in general at all; my Ex had something like seven and I've seen girls with full "sleeve" tattoos or pieces that go from ankle to hip which are quite pleasing to look upon indeed, it's just that particular location that is troublesome in my eye.

Mods, please change my name to Birth Control Glasses

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Bad Sneakers posted:

Correct, except for that unimaginably small percentage of successful people.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bad Sneakers posted:

Totally forgot about that. Just tell all the young people with neck tats to focus on becoming a celebrity/model/musician/athlete! Geez, it seems like they are pretty stupid for not becoming a professional athlete sooner.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

What's the overlap between people that get neck/face tattoos and people that want high paying white collar jobs?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Red_October_7000 posted:

People who get chest tattoos aren't doing it to attract you and don't care what you think. hth

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So we all agree tats and personal appearance outside of job hours shouldnt be a deciding factor if a person gets or keeps a job?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So we all agree tats and personal appearance outside of job hours shouldnt be a deciding factor if a person gets or keeps a job?

No, that's too rational.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I can not accept that someone who does something that I do not approve of does not face life long consequences for it. I am every goon.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
There are plenty of "successful" people with neck/face tattoos, such as tattoo shop owners/artists and high ranking gang members.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RCarr posted:

To be fair though, I cant imagine enough successful people have spent any significant time around you to call it a representative sample.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Please define successful for me, from the context of these posts I'm taking it to mean CEO of a major corporation? america.txt, you aren't successful if you aren't a millionaire

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music
If you goony fuckers worked in something other than IT you would have any idea what you're talking about

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

The flaming lip posted:

If you goony fuckers worked in something other than IT you would have any idea what you're talking about

I work in IT with some quite well paid people with neck tattoos :colbert:

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Ditto. Most UX/design people at my IT job have tattoos.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Indecisive posted:

Please define successful for me, from the context of these posts I'm taking it to mean CEO of a major corporation?

Employed, financially stable, responsible, non-awkward person....or "not RCarr"

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

IslamoNazi posted:

I work in IT with some quite well paid people with neck tattoos :colbert:

See you know what's up but I don't know what everyone else's excuse is

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm an HR manager and I had to turn down a highly qualified applicant because she had her knuckles and neck visibly tattooed. It was a shame because she would have really complemented our staff portfolio however our public image is highly sensitive.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
^^ Her papers can say whatever they want, but the tattoos show that she makes really terrible life choices.

If you have neck/face tattoos, then you are only good for manual labor/factory work.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
So anyway, it turns out this is the funny picture thread not the bitch about neck and face tattoo thread.

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

Johnny Aztec posted:

^^ Her papers can say whatever they want, but the tattoos show that she makes really terrible life choices.

If you have neck/face tattoos, then you are only good for manual labor/factory work.

Nobody knows about your terrible life choices cause they can't stand being around you

It's, like, if a goon sucks in the middle of the forest, but noone is around to see, do they truly suck?

You're that goon

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Looking through my grandfather's 8th Air Force book and found this plane.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

bean_shadow posted:

Looking through my grandfather's 8th Air Force book and found this plane.

He'll never get a job

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
:nws: for images of dildos

http://i.imgur.com/UlqCMVb.jpg

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Boxing day madness

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

People who get chest tattoos aren't doing it to attract you and don't care what you think. hth

I never thought they did, I just wanted to differentiate myself from all the fuddy people out there who hate tattoos categorically.
Sorry everybody who found my opinion so crashingly upsetting that they had to dredge up the old "everlasting jobstopper" debate and forgot all about funny images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Red_October_7000 posted:

I never thought they did, I just wanted to differentiate myself from all the fuddy people out there who hate tattoos categorically.
Sorry everybody who found my opinion so crashingly upsetting that they had to dredge up the old "everlasting jobstopper" debate and forgot all about funny images.

Your opinion isn't crashingly upsetting, it's super goony and you are a big sperg.

I mean, you unironically said "birth control glasses." No amount of inane pictures you post will change that.

• Locked thread