Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Croccers posted:

It's fun! Isn't Christmas about having fun?! :v:

*glares as thick black smoke rises from a battery of waffle irons*

"LOOK AT ALL THIS FUN WE'RE HAVING. HO. HO. HO. NOW EAT YOUR GODDAMN HASH BROWNS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
If you're not going to stop complaining about the burnt taste have one of the mints I made. They're in fun, festive colors! Only eat one. Quickly, before they melt.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
And then you can eat the plate!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

If you made pancakes in a waffle iron wouldn't you just make a waffle?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

If you made pancakes in a waffle iron wouldn't you just make a waffle?

NO because you see

uh

YEAH

I didn't have a chance to use it yesterday because I was too busy with not going outside or cooking or doing anything productive, but I want to try some of the egg thingies.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Christmas at my brother's this year and lo and behold waffle iron everything. What is with this article ruining everyone's Christmas food? Is there an idiot mom-baby mailing list?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I'm probably the only person in the world who would love a waffle iron, and I didn't get one. I've even got a recipe for homemade waffles.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Dr. Stab posted:

I was imagining doing this with a propane stove.

We use a comal over a propane stove all the time.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

trickybiscuits posted:

I'm probably the only person in the world who would love a waffle iron, and I didn't get one. I've even got a recipe for homemade waffles.

Waffles irons rock for making kicking rad waffles.

They are poo poo life hacks for everything not waffle.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
How ironic (uh, no pun intended) that waffles are one thing where yes, you should just use this kitchen gadget that exists to make a specific food.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hey you, are you having trouble pouring juice from a carton like this man?

Well fret no more! Allow me to reveal you the secrets of pouring juice! Simply... turn the carton upside-down.

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

Life hack: open your beer in the car by using your seatbelt

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

WOLF HONGO posted:

Life hack: open your beer in the car by using your seatbelt

Use your room door's strike plate! (is that what is called?)*

*You might end spilling half your beer if you are not careful.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

DemeaninDemon posted:

I got a waffle iron too. Gonna make me some poo poo grilled cheese.

patiently waiting for a report of a repeat of my story about the college friend who smugly ended up with liquid cheese in his carpet.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Desperado Bones posted:

Just use a handy waffle-iron.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Desperado Bones posted:

*You might end spilling half your beer if you are not careful.

They're called that or a kick plate. It would work with a little practice, but in order to get the angle you'd also have to get down on the floor .... you know the rest.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

ChaosArgate posted:

Well fret no more! Allow me to reveal you the secrets of pouring juice! Simply... turn the carton upside-down.

if your "special technique" is gonna require two hands to pour the juice anyway why don't you just hold the goddamn glass up to the spout

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

because then it wouldn't be a lifehack!! :shepface:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lifehack: drink juices and milk directly from the carton like an animal you piece of poo poo

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

because then it wouldn't be a lifehack!! :shepface:

The entire point of the opening being offset like that is that the liquid is below the level of the spout so you can pour it smoothly. Motor oil bottles are designed the same way. This is just another hack that consists of using something as intended.

Lifehack: get liquid out of containers by unscrewing the cap instead of beating a hole into the side with a hammer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Lifehack: get liquid out of containers by unscrewing the cap instead of beating a hole into the side with a hammer.
Someone hasn't been to Oktoberfest.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

*hears people talking about how you can open a beer with a Bic lighter*

"I wonder if you could open a beer with a Bic ligher?"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Definitely a hot time with this one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ChaosArgate posted:

Of course he pours more slowly in the second one. There's too many variables! This is a bad experiment!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Having a hard time performing tasks using only one hand?

Lifehack: use two hands.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wooper posted:

Having a hard time performing tasks using only one hand?

Lifehack: use two hands.

Masterbation life hack.

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

Decrepus posted:

*hears people talking about how you can open a beer with a Bic lighter*

"I wonder if you could open a beer with a Bic ligher?"

Sometimes when I do this people react like I'm a wizard, but really I'm an alcoholic.

Lifehack: Impress acquaintances with skills you've picked up as a degenerate.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

DeadmansReach posted:

Sometimes when I do this people react like I'm a wizard, but really I'm an alcoholic.

Everybody in Denmark knows how to do this.

Lifehack: be an alcoholic in a nation of alcoholics.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ha! Joke's on them! I don't need a jalapeno to suffer horrifying, burning agony!

i... i think i need to see a doctor

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pfft, Is it amateur hour in here? what you want to do is slip a thin pepper like Cayenne up your urethra.
You can thank me later. :smugbird:

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Pfft, Is it amateur hour in here? what you want to do is slip a thin pepper like Cayenne up your urethra.
You can thank me later. :smugbird:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figging

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
So, eggs in a waffle iron definitely equals well-cooked eggs...but it's sort of weird eating a waffle-shaped egg. Still, great breakfast sandwich potential.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Lifehack: purchase products and use them incorrectly like the animal that you are

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DeadmansReach posted:

You're not a pro-level degenerate unless you open bottles with your teeth when there's no device handy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I made the mistake of accepting my girlfriends sister on Facebook. Turns out she's one of those buzzfeed life hack readers. But here's one for cat owners. http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/26-hacks-that-will-make-any-cat-owners-life-easier?s=mobile#.vf6VzKAkX

Features: using things as intended
Making "toys" out of garbage
Overcomplicated solutions to easy problems
Making furniture for cats to ignore

It's almost a bingo!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lifehack: shove a piece of shaved ginger up your butt to cleanse the palate after eating sushi.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
drat, I went out for sushi last night and totally just ate the ginger. Should I have asked them to waffle-iron it?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Waffle iron it? No way! The traditional way to eat sushi is to drape your ginger on top of your California roll, pick it up with your chop sticks, dunk the whole thing into your low sodium soy sauce until you see a grain or two of rice float off, dip that quickly into the squirt of spicy mayo you asked for on your plate, take a bite of only half the roll piece, then chase it with your ice cold sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sentient Data posted:

Waffle iron it? No way! The traditional way to eat sushi is to drape your ginger on top of your California roll, pick it up with your chop sticks, dunk the whole thing into your low sodium soy sauce until you see a grain or two of rice float off, dip that quickly into the squirt of spicy mayo you asked for on your plate, take a bite of only half the roll piece, then chase it with your ice cold sake!

I just gagged and cried at the same time. Especially at the soy sauce, and eating half the roll at a time. I see people do this all the time, and it's hard to not smack the fork that they're eating with out of their hand.