Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I picked up my hauler this morning; what should I save up for now? I've got about 3 weeks left on my patron, and as far as land goes I have an 8x8 and a 16x16 with a farmer's workstation in TC.

Should I go for another 16x16 closer to gweo for staging packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Finndo posted:

Something has led to insane price inflation over the past week or so, in general but especially for credit shop items. WC pots are going for 50-60g for example. Either there is a huge new supply of gold or maybe people have just burned through all their original credits and aren't buying more.

It's likely two things; the last of the people that were hoarding credits from the archeum founders editions spent what they had left, and nobody is giving Trion money for more credits which makes the demand for those items far outweigh the supply.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Kevlar Beard posted:

I picked up my hauler this morning; what should I save up for now? I've got about 3 weeks left on my patron, and as far as land goes I have an 8x8 and a 16x16 with a farmer's workstation in TC.

Should I go for another 16x16 closer to gweo for staging packs?

Maybe in Gweo or Hellswamp, for staging/larders.

Merchant schooner after hauler IMO.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Finndo posted:

Maybe in Gweo or Hellswamp, for staging/larders.

Merchant schooner after hauler IMO.

How much gold does a merchant ship go for?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
It's a 400 gilda design and seems to go for 2k to 2.2k gold.

For what it's worth, I put mine on an east alt. The x-cont trading opportunities are better. On a west alt, it's good for skirting the edges of Feuille Sound in safe waters. Cinder and Sanddeep peace seem rare which makes it hard to do runs up and down the east coast of Nuia.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ah Archeage, you really are a piece of poo poo. A 5-second cooldown for clicking to place houses on collapsing property is their answer to people using packet sniffers to detect the 'house has collapsed' packet and reply to it at software-speeds with the 'I'm placing my land' packet. Legit players never even see the structure disappear because someone with better ping and a packet sniffing script has claimed it before it even displays on their screen, but now you can't even get lucky by spamming the button because you get one chance every five seconds.

tl;dr Legit players have absolutely no chance in hell of getting land anymore, ever, while hackers have even less competition.

edit: There's even rumors that the 5-second delay is completely client-side without even basic trust-but-verify checks in place so that the delay wouldn't exist at all for someone hacking, guaranteeing they can get land with their only competition being other hackers. Given past performance, I can honestly see that being real with all the other client-side poo poo this game has.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 24, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahahaha

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Yeah this game is poo poo garbage and I quit a ~month~ ago and passed the guild bank to one of 3 friends who felt like they spent too much of their money to quit.
I think since that period about a month ago where the servers were down for 3 days I logged on maybe 4 times (b/c my guildies needed me to).

I'm playing Startrek Online now.
Basically I posted this to tell you guys to play STO instead.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 24, 2014

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Digital Fingers posted:

Yeah this game is poo poo garbage and I quit a ~month~ ago and passed the guild bank to one of 3 friends who felt like they spent too much of their money to quit.
I think since that period about a month ago where the servers were down for 3 days I logged on maybe 4 times (b/c my guildies needed me to).

I'm playing Startrek Online now.
Basically I posted this to tell you guys to play STO instead.

As bad and grindy as STO's endgame became after the level 60 update, it's still way better than ArcheAge's endgame. Though the real endgame is annoying people online.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the other end game of STO

quote:

In fact, Star Trek paraphernalia has so routinely been found at the homes of the pedophiles they've arrested that it has become a gruesome joke in the squad room. (On the wall, there is a Star Trek poster with the detectives' faces replacing those of the crew members). This does not mean that watching Star Trek makes you a pedophile. It does mean that if you're a pedophile, odds are you've watched a lot of Star Trek.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Unguided posted:

As bad and grindy as STO's endgame became after the level 60 update, it's still way better than ArcheAge's endgame. Though the real endgame is annoying people online.

I don't even know if STO is a really good game or not or if Archeage was really that bad by comparison , I mean i think i like it but maybe that just some sort of PTS.

I mean with MMOS in general what do you really have that's long lasting though? WoW, EvE and STO, Planetside 2, D2(3), UO, and maybe a few others are the only ones that I can list off the top of my head still draw a sizeable profit after all these years; Maybe that means they're good?

Idk, if you like space and sci fi STO seems the way to go.

Third World Reggin posted:

the other end game of STO

I turn down every invite I get in game on the premise they're trying to have cyber sex with me

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Digital Fingers posted:

I don't even know if STO is a really good game or not or if Archeage was really that bad by comparison , I mean i think i like it but maybe that just some sort of PTS.

I mean with MMOS in general what do you really have that's long lasting though? WoW, EvE and STO, Planetside 2, D2(3), UO, and maybe a few others are the only ones that I can list off the top of my head still draw a sizeable profit after all these years; Maybe that means they're good?

Idk, if you like space and sci fi STO seems the way to go.

I turn down every invite I get in game on the premise they're trying to have cyber sex with me

STO is just as bad as Archeage, maybe even slightly worse. You can get to 50 just fine in about a day played if you're new and have fun even if it's mostly the same over and over and then the new expansion with grind kicks in. You'll need to farm a bit more than one million Dilithium and various factions to get decent fleet/rep/misc mark twelve gear and continue your leveling up to 60 and beyond at a snail's pace but you don't actually advance past 60 you just get points to put in alternate skill stuff. Then if you want to do any of the content you really really want to upgrade all that shiny new mark twelve stuff you just spent a lot of time farming into mark fourteen which does not sound like much but is the difference between tickling your enemy and doing any appreciable damage and cost you three to four million dilithium.

While all of this is going on you're searching the quadrants for Duty Officer and R&D materials and assignments for stuff you don't absolutely need but also really want to have later on, likely bleeding Dilithium at every turn.

Now you may ask just how much DIlithium you get if you need millions upon millions. Eight thousand per character per day. If you grind that too which granted isn't insanely bad but if you want to get anywhere you better get out your wallet for more character slots or just straight up real money currency to exchange for Dilithium. Your wallet. The final frontier.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I met a guy the other day who claimed to be "probably one of the richest guys on the server" and he's given me about 100~ mil EC of purp officers if not more (some weren't even listed on the market) + he's actually a really cool guy i talk about old SNL skits with so i've been having a good time, experiences may vary.

Even without that I spent 60$ on this game (which is my cut off point on anyone game a year) and seemed to be pretty well set off; Figured out getting purple doffs was important right away and did so and I think i'm just about set until the end game. Looking at the end game prices of things in STO it's still quicker + more fun to grind them then planting loving potatoes and not having a spaceship battle while planting said potatoes.

e: also what's the better option if you want a space game? Eve or the promise of star citizen?

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 24, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Elite dangerous is alright as a freelancer game where you don't have to host your own server.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
EC is borderline worthless though, Duty Officers and lockbox poo poo are nice and help some but the good poo poo you can't buy with money, that's all Dilithium. You can somewhat turn EC into Dilithium but you're still capped at 8k a day per character so you'll have to get a bunch of extra slots first to get anywhere.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

It's not borderline worthless if the trade rates 2.1 million ec = 1.25$ for a key, lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ive seen a few archeage refugees in a great game called Warframe. Come on in, ive got lots of cool poo poo for everyone. Very nice people here. Morglon is my rival.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If you want to play a free to play game these are your best options...

Waframe: Option for people who want to kill things, get gear. Fun gameplay that everyone can understand, non-poo poo F2P scheme. The entire game is grind but the grind is fun gameplay instead of a means to an end.

War Thunder: Alternative to Warframe for people who like flying things instead of being a shooty man. An arena lobby but decently done.

The Old Republic: Option for awful people who like MMOs. Heaps and heaps of content now for both casual and hardcore players. Only F2P is a technical sense because the restrictions are kind of rear end. Unlike Archeage though subscribing gets you everything you want and you should never have to pony up extra cash once you've done so.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
On the topic of old republic, giving them just $5 lifts most of the annoying restrictions, the only real one that stays in place is the 350k credit limit... Which isn't a huge deal either, because you can buy credit unlocks from idiots buying them and selling them for in-game credits.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

SumYungGui posted:

Ah Archeage, you really are a piece of poo poo. A 5-second cooldown for clicking to place houses on collapsing property is their answer to people using packet sniffers to detect the 'house has collapsed' packet and reply to it at software-speeds with the 'I'm placing my land' packet. Legit players never even see the structure disappear because someone with better ping and a packet sniffing script has claimed it before it even displays on their screen, but now you can't even get lucky by spamming the button because you get one chance every five seconds.

tl;dr Legit players have absolutely no chance in hell of getting land anymore, ever, while hackers have even less competition.

edit: There's even rumors that the 5-second delay is completely client-side without even basic trust-but-verify checks in place so that the delay wouldn't exist at all for someone hacking, guaranteeing they can get land with their only competition being other hackers. Given past performance, I can honestly see that being real with all the other client-side poo poo this game has.

People are still having a hard time finding land? I have 33 days of Patron left, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else that has more money than sense and bought the Archeum edition. In early February I'd expect huge amounts of land to open up. If I hadn't spent so much money on this game I wouldn't even log in anymore, I'm just holding onto my land to be a dick.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

ruffz posted:

People are still having a hard time finding land? I have 33 days of Patron left, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else that has more money than sense and bought the Archeum edition. In early February I'd expect huge amounts of land to open up. If I hadn't spent so much money on this game I wouldn't even log in anymore, I'm just holding onto my land to be a dick.

Plus large amounts of land aren't really as needed as one might imagine. You can fit a chest and some crafting benches on one of those 8x8 private crafting stations.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Land is cheap especially compared to the cost of gear. Even the most premium space can be had for 1k or so. You can usually get less good land for 400ish or so. People are practically giving it away in bad locations like Windscour, Karkasse and Auroria. While they totally failed to stop the land hackers, the top land hackers themselves won't go for most land anymore just because their resale price is so low compared to the tax cost.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What tax cost? Again taxes are something that only applies to legit players, land hackers don't have to pay them. They snipe the land then have two weeks to sell it without paying taxes. Deposit is the only cost, and that gets returned. Even 500 gold for a plot of land is amazing returns on the time spent, a few minutes, and labor is, again, something that only applies to legit players not the hackers. They never build the deeds they snipe with.

Almost every game mechanic rewards you for hacking and punishes you for not doing so. See also:the clusterfuck that is Hackshield.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

For people that still play this game, anyone know how much a 16x16 in gwen usually cost? Or a thatch in a west peace area.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

The deposit goes up when you have multiple properties. If you are placing your 4th property, an aquafarm deposit is 40 certs

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

wfwon posted:

For people that still play this game, anyone know how much a 16x16 in gwen usually cost? Or a thatch in a west peace area.

Should be able to pick something up in Gwen for about 500 +/-. A built thatched will cost more, although you should probable be able to buy a plot for about that amount.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Santa has come to ArcheAge! :siren:

Because I have more land than I know what to do with and it's the season of giving! During the first weekend of the new year all the landless goons will have a chance at winning sweet, sweet land! More details of the contest will be coming soon, so keep an eye out in this thread.

Prizes include:

First prize: A thatched farmhouse (built)

Second and third place: large farm

Fourth and fifth: A gold amount equivalent to the price of a large farm

Everyone is welcome to participate. All land is located in Lilyut, south-west of Windshade. Sales certificates will be supplied by myself.

If there is a better time other than the current weekend stated that everyone can agree upon please tell me.

Have a good time this week and happy holidays

Edit: This will be on Aranzeb, of course.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 25, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Merry fishmas all

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Merry fishmas one and all.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Found a great no-effort troll guaranteed to get results. Take your farm hauler and wedge it into the court house doorway.

Nobody gets in, nobody gets out. You're also in the protective peace aura so nobody can target you :toot:

If you have a reindeer hauler that plays looped jingle bells, even better.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The troll being you still have archeage installed?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bauxite posted:

The troll being you still have archeage installed?

Touche.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from a recent EVE goonmeet

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Jesus Christ.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Jesus Christ.

Which one was he?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Ageofconsentineurope.jpg

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Eonwe posted:

Ban everyone in this picture.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

if you ignore the literal pedophilia, he's actually a pretty chill dude.
Says terrible eve goons

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Oil! posted:

Ban everyone in this picture.

Spending Christmas with goons isn't punishment enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
:nms: https://www.facebook.com/erogo.proxy/photos :nms:

Why yes she (he?) is peddling MLM nutrient supplements at gas stations to pay for that kickass PC. Do not scroll past those pics, for your own safety.

• Locked thread