Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I'm jedi master yoda

i am one with the force and can sense fear and anger

but i somehow couldn't figure out a giant conspiracy involving the entire army of the republic

jedis are useless
Order 66 was executed, and nothing of value was lost
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

I just wish there was more of a feeling behind Yoda's hermitage. If he hid not only due to being hunted down but as penance after realizing that those clone troopers weren't disposable people at all but that even he as a wise master didn't see that. :ohdear: Would've only taken like 30s of screen time.

Yoda actually sees the clones as people, a lot of the jedi do, after fighting alongside them. Also I think in season 5 of The Clone Wars, the jedi figure out that he clones were originally commissioned by the bad guys, but they're like "oh poo poo. Well we're in this war too deep now, I guess we gotta just keep trying to win."

The cartoons also explain the hermitage more I think. They're really the best Star Wars thing since the originals.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

I just wish there was more of a feeling behind Yoda's hermitage. If he hid not only due to being hunted down but as penance after realizing that those clone troopers weren't disposable people at all but that even he as a wise master didn't see that. :ohdear: Would've only taken like 30s of screen time.

I don't remember where but some book or Wookiepedia article mentioned him going to Dagobah not only to hide but also as an exile for failing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

happyhippy posted:

Writers can only make their characters as intelligent as they are.
Lucas can't even make a bog standard love story dialogue make sense, so trying to make 400 IQ Space Ninjas do things that 400 IQ Space Ninjas should do is beyond him.
Other than 'wave glow wands about and sense disturbances', Jedi do gently caress all else.

Anakin Skywalker: I should have known the fans were plotting to take over. George Lucas has showed me the true ways of film making.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, George Lucas is stupid! The scriptwriters are stupid. The Expanded Universe is a giant bag of stupid.

Anakin Skywalker: From my point of view, it is the fans who are stupid.

Obi-Wan: Well, then you really are lost!

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

It makes a lot more sense that the Republic would be the ones with the droid army, while the Separatists would use a secret clone army. They could have even kept the clones = Stormtroopers thing by finishing the war and deciding to keep the surviving clones around as soldiers.

Probably Sheev's plan all along to replace the republic's army of useless droids with a battle-hardened army of clone stormtroopers. So when the Jedi decapitated the seperatist army by killing their commanders everything that had transpired was according to his design <evil laughter>.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i remember someone told me that like theres only meant to be like 2 sith in the universe at any one time?

is that a real star wars thing?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Elukka posted:

Well the whole thing was kinda that the Republic had no army, only local forces like that of the Trade Federation, and if they started trouble on their own there was very little they could do.

ok the republic is a bloated quasi feudal state that handed all its power to nominally subordinate warlords and in the prequels it had unexpectedly arrived at the point of circling the drain with a new order in wait

so like ancient China every 200 years tops

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FirstPersonShitter posted:

i remember someone told me that like theres only meant to be like 2 sith in the universe at any one time?

This was one of those EU things that Lucas put into the movies with the prequels. Almost all the "rules" come from EU poo poo migrating into the movies 'cause stuff was kinda cool and nebulous originally.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Yes, in a galaxy with a probable billion billion sentient beings, the Sith are hedging their bets on two people.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

"the executioner is the most mightiest ship in the galaxy"
*gets destroyed by a-wing flying into command tower*

It's because the pilot had a special SHIELD PIERCING CRYSTAL onboard.

Don't you feel silly now?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Trevor Hale posted:

It's because the pilot had a special SHIELD PIERCING CRYSTAL onboard.

Don't you feel silly now?

Dude no. I didnt know this and i have every technical manual. Pls tell me that arvyl krynyd was just a badass and not a crystal wielder

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There's an actual sith empire with sith ships, sith boots, sith customs and sith traditions in addition to governing the sith race. A jedi snuck into the sith empire and the jedi, with his jedi-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without harmony. It came with rage. It came with battleships, droids and armies. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the jedi thought of something he hadn't before. What if sith philosphy he thought, doesn't come from lore. What if sith philosphy, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
what the gently caress is that and please tell me you made it up

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

hubris slays us all

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

more like *leaves bridge deflector shield tower out in the open with no armour or shielding*

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its a sick movie moment but unfortunately the EU had to extrapolate that those were teh shield generators and not some sort of space-RADAR, despite the fact they look identical to loving modern radar arrays

E: though it was convenient (and fun) as gently caress in video games, so, imo, let it ride

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fetus Tree posted:

what the gently caress is that and please tell me you made it up

Sith empire and race are pretty well established in the EU. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Sith empire and race are pretty well established in the EU. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire

oh no i meant the poem part. i assumed it was from a novel.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fetus Tree posted:

oh no i meant the poem part. i assumed it was from a novel.

It's part of a series.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

As with all EU it's dumb poo poo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Groovelord Neato posted:

As with all EU it's dumb poo poo.

The EU established that Hutts were milkable.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Fetus Tree posted:

Dude no. I didnt know this and i have every technical manual. Pls tell me that arvyl krynyd was just a badass and not a crystal wielder

Ugh. I misremembered it as Vrad Dodonna's attack on the Executor.

I'm the rear end in a top hat here.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Trevor Hale posted:

Ugh. I misremembered it as Vrad Dodonna's attack on the Executor.

I'm the rear end in a top hat here.

no trust me we are both assholes, its just thankful that in this case i am correct. for all our sakes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The EU established that Hutts were milkable.

Hmm I take it back.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I want some eu info about different races genital compatibility

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

david... posted:

basically if its a 'white' race its probably ok, like twileks and humans wont get stares at a bar, but if youre a bothan and a human you're gonna get assaulted for bangin the hairball

its basically the same as irl

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Fetus Tree posted:

basically if its a 'white' race its probably ok, like twileks and humans wont get stares at a bar, but if youre a bothan and a human you're gonna get assaulted for bangin the hairball

its basically the same as irl

what about human/gungan couples?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

KiteAuraan posted:

Irrelevant. We've already established that the Gungans were exterminated with Order 67.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

KiteAuraan posted:

depends on what era of EU probably. things became more progressive after the republic fell

E: i wish i could change my answer to his tbh

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

david... posted:

in the eu, any relationship that isn't human/human is incredibly rare which is pretty funny when the rebels are apparently fighting for equal rights for aliens or whatever

"yeah, look, i'm fighting for your rights or whatever but no i'm not going to date you ewwww"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

Seems to work out
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/y3VmXcp.jpg

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I like how the star destroyers were supposed to be near-indestructible, unless they were fighting 3 x-wings then they be hosed lol

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I like how the star destroyers were supposed to be near-indestructible, unless they were fighting 3 x-wings then they be hosed lol

You mean, "gimped by a planet-based ion gun".

Although one of the cool bits I'll give the EU is that ion cannon was supposedly manned by a crew of 100-something Alderaan refugees-turned rebels.

They also never made it off Hoth. :black101:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pillow Clerk posted:

SCENE: THE EMPEROR'S THRONE ROOM

Darth Vader sweeps into the trhone room, and goes on one knee before the Emperor.

DARK VADER: I have grave news, my emperor. I can't find LUke Skywalker or w.e. Also I'm gay as poo poo and can't stop sucking secret human being jedi cocks.

EMPEROR: This is … grave news indeed, Lard Vader. But all is forgiven, because I'm literally making GBS threads in my big baby poopy diaper r.n. My sphincter is wide like the Death star's exhaust port and poo poo is flowing unstoppered from my rear end like molten magma.

DARTH VADER: *breathes heavily*

jfc lol

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Young Freud posted:

Although one of the cool bits I'll give the EU is that ion cannon was supposedly manned by a crew of 100-something Alderaan refugees-turned rebels.

yeah idk about whatever the EU says that ion cannon poo poo was loving badass

ESB is a loving badass as gently caress movie

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Young Freud posted:

No, a number of the EU battles between rebels and imperials has a handful of rebel star fighters defeating star destroyers.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8YIR60Ij0

you cant tell me you didnt cheer when you were a kid when those transports got away

that ion cannon loving owned

also i had the micromachine of that and it kicked some supreme rear end

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8YIR60Ij0

you cant tell me you didnt cheer when you were a kid when those transports got away

that ion cannon loving owned

also i had the micromachine of that and it kicked some supreme rear end

Okay yeah it's cool but Imperials are cool as poo poo and earned their place as the rulers of galaxy

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Okay yeah it's cool but Nazis are cool as poo poo and earned their place as the rulers of Europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

:agreed:

• Locked thread