Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Kewpuh posted:

ya hes woefully unfunny and his posts are loving garbage

yo hats guy that yells at children on christmas day instead of hanging out with family i'm going to ban you now but its not a permaban but if you post any more lovely unfunny videos in this thread because you don't actually have any comedic chops i'm going to ban you for those as well okay

This was an outcome I did not see coming, Kewpuh is best forums mod (again). I am disappointed there was no bee cock posted in the last five pages though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
kewpuh is The Good Mod

griefing related: WoW has a Christmas event running wherein you can pick up some presents under a tree. We've been sitting on top of them on the biggest mounts we can and just AFKing and even though it's piss easy to still get the presents, a shitload of people still get mad.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Eox posted:

kewpuh is The Good Mod

griefing related: WoW has a Christmas event running wherein you can pick up some presents under a tree. We've been sitting on top of them on the biggest mounts we can and just AFKing and even though it's piss easy to still get the presents, a shitload of people still get mad.

Kind of reminds me of some (unintended) griefing the devs did for the newest expansion in the name of fighting that kind of griefing.

Basically, to enter the new content, you have to talk to some guy near the entrance. To make sure no one would be a jackass, they included an aura around him that dismounts you when you're near him. And because of the problems of having a ton of people converge on one spot, they added in a few versions of him in some capital cities.

Said aura doesn't have a height limit. If you happened to be flying over him (and he's located in the most important parts of each city)...

trendwhore
Apr 22, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

(and can't post for 6 years!)

200+ posts crying about some shithead griefer posting in a griefing thread.

Because of all of this nonsense, I unbookmarked this thread. You guys really hosed it up. Thanks a lot.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You will be missed weird speed run guy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trendwhore posted:

Because of all of this nonsense, I unbookmarked this thread. You guys really hosed it up. Thanks a lot.
You're welcome. Sorry you can't enjoy your funny rape threat stories anymore.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

trendwhore posted:

Thanks a lot.

you are most welcome

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've laughed at a lot of this thread, and I'm glad we were able to make it better.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

trendwhore posted:

Thanks to the red chassis blocks they released a few months ago in Robocraft I was able to make a giant orange dick and balls on wheels with a red armored glans. I got into a boss fight (eight medium tier players against one or two high-tier players with massive robots) and laid low while my teammates got the attention of the boss. Then I literally drove it up and into the boss mech's rear end and managed to somehow kill it from the inside out with the single giant machine gun where the dick slit should be because I ended up in his guns' blind spot.

There, is that enough griefing content to win you back? Please come back :ohdear:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wild T posted:

Thanks to the red chassis blocks they released a few months ago in Robocraft I was able to make a giant orange dick and balls on wheels with a red armored glans. I got into a boss fight (eight medium tier players against one or two high-tier players with massive robots) and laid low while my teammates got the attention of the boss. Then I literally drove it up and into the boss mech's rear end and managed to somehow kill it from the inside out with the single giant machine gun where the dick slit should be because I ended up in his guns' blind spot.

There, is that enough griefing content to win you back? Please come back :ohdear:

How did you make a good dickmobile? They always steer like poo poo because of how wide the balls are, and putting the wheels inside the balls makes it impossible to go uphill.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
someone should prolly make a new thread for clever use of game mechanics
griefing is about getting people mad not how you abused the game to do it thnaks

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Kewpuh makes a late entry for "Best Mod Action 2014", but will it win?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

That was what they call an exaggeration, obviously nobody believes he is a pedophile. Can we at least ban him because he's an embarrassment who adds nothing to the forums and threatened to rape a kid as a joke?

Yeah this

The griefing came from within the thread this Christmas

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

wuat posted:

griefing is about getting people mad not how you abused the game to do it thnaks

Clever use of game mechanics are what make the best griefs the best. Video game anger is never funnier than when it's coming from someone enraged that they can't do to you what you just did to them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

trendwhore posted:

Oh no, not an unbookmark. This is second only to putting everyone on ignore.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

TheSpiritFox posted:

Clever use of game mechanics are what make the best griefs the best. Video game anger is never funnier than when it's coming from someone enraged that they can't do to you what you just did to them.

most of these stories end without actually showing any anger though or a cop out like 'then they got mad'

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

yo hats guy that yells at children on christmas day instead of hanging out with family i'm going to ban you now but its not a permaban but if you post any more lovely unfunny videos in this thread because you don't actually have any comedic chops i'm going to ban you for those as well okay

This is the best christmas present the forums got tbh

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

wuat posted:

Really? Try flipping that around: someone needs a thread youtube channel for verbally harassing twitch/etc streamers who (coincidentally) happen to be playing a game :v:

...or maybe just call it 'getting people mad' or even 'trolling' if the reaction is the only part that matters.

Anyway, where did you actually get that definition? This issue has come up far too many times to start yet another argument about the True Meaning of Christmas, but no individual gets to decide what a word does or does not mean for everyone else; language doesn't work that way. It is in the first post and should probably be in the hypothetical next thread as well:

LLCoolJD posted:

I Killed Lord British – The Griefing Discussion Thread

Wikipedia posted:

A griefer is a player who plays a game simply to aggravate and harass other players. Griefing is a form of emergent gameplay… Griefers differ from typical players in that they do not play the game in order to achieve objectives defined by the game world. Instead, they seek to harass other players, causing grief. In particular, they may use tools such as stalking, hurling insults, and exploiting unintended game

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Griefing, as defined by the common goon,

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Question:

I rarely venture away from my list of bookmarked threads. So I ask the kind inhabitants of the griefing thread, what is an imp, and why do they have a zone of their own?

Thank you for your time, and God bless.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Annath posted:

Question:

I rarely venture away from my list of bookmarked threads. So I ask the kind inhabitants of the griefing thread, what is an imp, and why do they have a zone of their own?

Thank you for your time, and God bless.
They're people who love games, and they have a zone to discuss games. It is a friendly place, for game discussion.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wellcume 2 imp zone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're people who love games, and they have a zone to discuss games. It is a friendly place, for game discussion.

yep if you respect gaming and you enjoy talking about games you can post in the imp zone

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

oh cool the hats guy is gone, bring on the epic griefs my goon sires
can't wait to hear about some guy making a space car in a funny shape that affects nobody or something trying to convince nobody about how bad star citizen is
I sure do love me some griefs :cheers:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
His unlabeled griefing videos were painfully unfunny, he won't be missed.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 28, 2014

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

silentsnack posted:

...or maybe just call it 'getting people mad' or even 'trolling' if the reaction is the only part that matters.
This is the def'n of griefing that you posted lol

quote:

A griefer is a player who plays a game simply to aggravate and harass other players.

wuat posted:

those are exactly the same things lmao

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 28, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
are you g0t_hats because I don't see you posting griefs in here

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

:drat:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Machai posted:

Hey guys I heard about an epic EVE grief some goon pulled off.

So like, he is an adult and playing EVE and he is able to convince a 14 y/o girl from iceland (so she is totes of age guys!) to send him nudes. He also turns her against her family and makes plans for her to move in with him so he can have totally great sex with her once she is of the perfect age of 16 (this is scientifically proven to be the hottest age, btw). He ends up posting the nudes in the goon EVE guild forums, thus griefing those lame-rear end prudes and they ban him. The best part? He isn't arrested because he never did anything legally wrong! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Machai posted:

pedophiles, come out to playyyyyeeeaaaayyyyy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

"Mentally abusing a seven year old boy playing garrysmod until he breaks down and cries is perfectly fine with me, gently caress kids!! But not literally ha ha am i right fellas? In other news i loving love raping little girls and putting them in the hospital"

A normal adult human who posts in the griefing thread

Eox posted:

*leans back, pushes sunglasses up with single finger* heh, these plebes don't realize that they're ruining the rape threat megathread. who's mad now baby bitch??

Kewpuh posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're welcome. Sorry you can't enjoy your funny rape threat stories anymore.

highlights for the last few pages....

e: this is not the quote thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
one time we played a terrible game called Archeage

there were some mentally broken goons who wanted nothing more than to fish in an open PvP zone all day and force all other goons to not ever PvP there

they got really mad at a goon named Kimsemus for sailing around killing pubbies in open waters and taking their fish because it very slightly disrupted their fishing

an EVE bigshot (and noted whale of a man) dabigredboat is part of the angry fishergoons and tells Kimsemus that he'll get back at him, and uses his EVE bigshot powers to get him kicked out of a star citizen guild

now kimsemus can no longer fly imaginary space ships one day in the future in a guild run by manchildren

thats my story ok bye

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jesus Christ.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

to get him kicked out of a star citizen guild. now kimsemus can no longer fly imaginary space ships one day in the future in a guild run by manchildren
Tragic.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Eonwe posted:

one time we played a terrible game called Archeage

there were some mentally broken goons who wanted nothing more than to fish in an open PvP zone all day and force all other goons to not ever PvP there

they got really mad at a goon named Kimsemus for sailing around killing pubbies in open waters and taking their fish because it very slightly disrupted their fishing

an EVE bigshot (and noted whale of a man) dabigredboat is part of the angry fishergoons and tells Kimsemus that he'll get back at him, and uses his EVE bigshot powers to get him kicked out of a star citizen guild

now kimsemus can no longer fly imaginary space ships one day in the future in a guild run by manchildren

thats my story ok bye

star citizen is the greatest grief of all time, just on its own. the tears when it never actually comes out in its full form will be amazing.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

Eonwe posted:

tells Kimsemus that he'll get back at him, and uses his EVE bigshot powers to get him kicked out of a star citizen guild

thats my story ok bye

Simply epic goonsire, I bet those goons will think twice before getting owned again

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ullerrm posted:

star citizen is the greatest grief of all time, just on its own. the tears when it never actually comes out in its full form will be amazing.

i dunno, the idea of a f2p player blowing up a ship someone payed a few hundred dollars for and having it be permanently gone is so hilarious I kinda want it to actually come out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daman posted:

Simply epic goonsire, I bet those goons will think twice before getting owned again

tell us more about how I was careposting about g0t_hats, friend

ullerrm posted:

yep, its basically lots of people who paid thousands of dollars for a spaceship they will never actually really get to enjoy

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Machai posted:

i dunno, the idea of a f2p player blowing up a ship someone payed a few hundred dollars for and having it be permanently gone is so hilarious I kinda want it to actually come out

This is the only reason I want to play SC. Day one beeswarming ships that can only be owned that early by paying tons of money for them and blowing up someone's $15k toy sounds fun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

You've been in the Eve crowd for awhile and you're what I would consider to be a good poster so maybe you can shed some light on this:

How many people if any quit Eve and divested themselves in order to buy a pile of stuff in Star Citizen?

How much inbreeding is there on that and how deep does the rabbit hole go? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eye of Widesauron posted:

You've been in the Eve crowd for awhile and you're what I would consider to be a good poster so maybe you can shed some light on this:

How many people if any quit Eve and divested themselves in order to buy a pile of stuff in Star Citizen?

How much inbreeding is there on that and how deep does the rabbit hole go? :tinfoil:

There was at least this guy

• Locked thread