Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really should watch LOGH one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have watched a little bit of LOGH and enjoyed it but a show of that length is tough for me to tackle these days, which is why I haven't watched more.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

The series ends at the perfect length and is engaging the whole way through. I guess if you're a brainless ADHD baby whose attention flits from thing to thing every two minutes it might be hard for you, and for that you have my pity!

lol holey moley

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

The series ends at the perfect length and is engaging the whole way through. I guess if you're a brainless ADHD baby whose attention flits from thing to thing every two minutes it might be hard for you, and for that you have my pity!
or, you know, i'm an adult with commitments that make spending half a year or more watching a single anime kind of unappealing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LoGH is barely space opera anyway, replace the ships with horses and shave a couple of zeros off the casualty figures and it could be set anywhere in medieval Europe.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Namtab posted:

Are you trying to imply that dubs > subs?

Not necessarily. It's up to individual examples. But dubs are just easier for me to watch and take a lot less focus, so if a show is super long I'd never get halfway through it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A cool thing about LOGH is that it starts with two movies that are pretty tight. I saw and really liked those but eventually got bogged down in the series proper.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Weird that you say it's "deliberately niche and indulgent" when every single person who has watched it barring one, who eventually got banned from SA for being a literal pedophile I believe, wholeheartedly loved it and was able to get into it. I don't think those words you're using mean what you think they mean.

Like there's a dude in GBS who just got into anime recently and just started on LotGH, and he's falling in love with it right off the bat. It's really not a stretch to say Legend of the Galactic Heroes is one of the best TV shows of all time, and calling it "niche" is disingenuous. The only reason it's not been localized in the US is because the holding company for the rights wants an INSANE amount of money for it, not because nobody has tried to localize it. Unless you're saying "all anime is niche", in which case...not really?

What I'm saying is you have to be literal human trash to not like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the above anecdote is proof, you see

A pedophile didn't like the show and some random dude from GBS did, clearly proof that when I say LOGH is great but not for everyone I'm full of poo poo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I have neither watched LoGH nor molested children so your stats are all hosed up.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

logh is the game of thrones of anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

they should make a game of thrones anime

i mean, supernatural: the anime happened

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I am a braindead ADHD baby (who likes Kill La Kill) and I still loved LOGH. But I don't think the audience for "broad historical overview space war drama set in retro sci-fi future" is particularly large. You have to be a very particular kind of weirdo to appreciate something that is basically Star Trek x a Ken Burns Documentary x Rose of Versailles

Davincie posted:

but logh has a huge cast of mostly likeable characters

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nonsense. I don't see any rubber forehead aliens in LOGH, how is it in any way Star Trek?

pointless bickering about LOGH is still infinitely better than pointless bickering about KLK

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

u mean Berserk

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've decided that I'm announcing the results at an arbitrary time on new year's day

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

i mean, supernatural: the anime happened

Wait what?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's called Scooby Doo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I've decided that I'm announcing the results at an arbitrary time on new year's day

I'm excited

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's the first season of Supernatural, but an anime. Madhouse did it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG0JDk7sxIY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

be sure to stick around for Carry On, My Wayward Son

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

None of you can say anything about bad anime this season until you have watched Bladedance of the Elementalers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I am not going to watch that show

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

what a time to be alive

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

every moe anime has worst animation than stringendo and accelerando: ultimatum sera which is just scene after scene of people sucking the cum out of dicks. They have worse plots and less believable characters as well. Funny, how things are, sometimes.

i had no idea the made an anime out of stringendo and accelerando thank you bafh

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

None of you can say anything about bad anime this season until you have watched Bladedance of the Elementalers

There are people in this thread who have got more than five minutes into Recently, My Sister Is Unusual (though I've yet to see anyone stupid enough to have given it the three-episode test).

Your move.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

There are people in this thread who have got more than five minutes into Recently, My Sister Is Unusual (though I've yet to see anyone stupid enough to have given it the three-episode test).

Your move.

I've not seen anyone post that they've watched that anim.

Certainly no votes for it so the system works.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

I've not seen anyone post that they've watched that anim.

Certainly no votes for it so the system works.

SSNeoman posted:

I watched this show in exchange for getting Batman: AA on Steam. I only made through 1.5 episodes before I quit. And I skipped through them a lot. That show is even more awful than you can imagine.

Actually. Bulletstorm is on sale on Steam. Whoever does a three episode summary will get a new gift in their library!

I think there were a couple of others as well. The three-episode rule is the only reason it isn't getting votes, because who the gently caress is willing or able to sit through an hour and a half of that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No-one that wants to admit to it anyway.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

now, im not saying not liking logh makes you a pedophile, but if you just look at the facts...

fact, bitch

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I think there were a couple of others as well. The three-episode rule is the only reason it isn't getting votes, because who the gently caress is willing or able to sit through an hour and a half of that?

Oh yeah I was gonna take that challenge then I remembered there's a limit to what even I'm willing to absorb to make fun of for the internet for so small a bribe.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Darth Walrus posted:

Your move.

Bladedance is worse my friend

The anime you said is just boring, it didn't make me angry like Bladedance did

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Trap sprung.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You can't just say "this anime is worse than the one you watched" and not have me watch it

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
This turd tastes way worse than a McDonald's burger
*smoking crow begins to salivate*

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

You can't just say "this anime is worse than the one you watched" and not have me watch it

When it comes to anims about incest that should be a thing he can say

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im gonna be honest here, i haven't seen 99% of the poo poo any of you are talking about. i am however watching ping pong right now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

im gonna be honest here, i haven't seen 99% of the poo poo any of you are talking about. i am however watching ping pong right now

A wise goon.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

I'm glad of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Namtab posted:

When it comes to anims about incest that should be a thing he can say

Utena is good actually.

• Locked thread