Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What if a janitor mops the floor of a sith lord's throne room and the sith lord slips and dies. Is the janitor, a non force-sensitive, completely normal dude, the new sith lord?

What if when the apprentice makes his move and engages his sith lord in mortal combat, they both mortally wound each other? Who takes power then?

If a jedi kills a sith does he inherit his position and all his assets and servants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What if when the apprentice makes his move and engages his sith lord in mortal combat, they both mortally wound each other? Who takes power then?

...I've never considered this. There's the obvious risk of both participants dying in a lightsaber fight so you would think an organization with two members only would be pretty strict when it comes to situations when they could both die.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What if a janitor mops the floor of a sith lord's throne room and the sith lord slips and dies. Is the janitor, a non force-sensitive, completely normal dude, the new sith lord?

If a jedi kills a sith does he inherit his position and all his assets and servants?

Remember how Palpatine always has some guys following him around everywhere?

They're Sith referees. Sith lord succession pretty much goes by hardcore wrestling rules so falls count anywhere.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Remember how Palpatine always has some guys following him around everywhere?

They're Sith referees. Sith lord succession pretty much goes by hardcore wrestling rules so falls count anywhere.

Star Wars would be a lot better if it operated under the same rules as the WWE imo.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this? posted:

Topher Grace did a re edit of the PT that's supposed to be really good but was only shown once to a small group of people.

I refuse to believe anybody could "Fix" the prequels without trashing the lot and reshooting. There just isn't enough meat or bones to the footage to assemble a proper movie.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
That Topher Grace edit sounds interesting. Taking all three movies and making an 85 minute film out of them, and he cut out almost all of Phantom Menace and opens with the Maul fight, isn't a bad idea. You really couldn't make them any worse.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
There's a fan edit on youtube that condensed the three movies together. into a 2 hour 'character piece' about Anakin.

Literally the only PM scene was the tale end of the Maul fight. The rest was still terrible, there was a deleted scene of Anakin meeting Padme's family which I hadn't seen and thought was almost good so of course it was not in the movies originally.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Weird BIAS posted:

There's a fan edit on youtube that condensed the three movies together. into a 2 hour 'character piece' about Anakin.

Literally the only PM scene was the tale end of the Maul fight. The rest was still terrible, there was a deleted scene of Anakin meeting Padme's family which I hadn't seen and thought was almost good so of course it was not in the movies originally.

Yeah, that really doesn't sound too bad. Sounds like the Topher Grace edit used the same deleted scene.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

There is no such thing as a good or worthwhile fan edit.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose That 70's Show's 85-minute version.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

The scene shows Padme is more than a sexy tease, she's a real human bean.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

annikan our love can never be, that's why i'm by a roaring fire in a god damned leather bustier telling you this

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

Wait so where were her loving parents during the whole Naboo crisis nonsense. I thought they'd be dead or something based on the original movie cuts but nope still alive and kicking in AotC, letting their daughter be a loving queen and then a senator. Getting captured and fighting a war at like 14 years of age.

What do they even do?!?!?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Weird BIAS posted:

Wait so where were her loving parents during the whole Naboo crisis nonsense. I thought they'd be dead or something based on the original movie cuts but nope still alive and kicking in AotC, letting their daughter be a loving queen and then a senator. Getting captured and fighting a war at like 14 years of age.

the same thing every parent in Star Wars does. Be a really, really, really loving bad parent.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

KiteAuraan posted:

the same thing every parent in Star Wars does. Be a really, really, really loving bad parent.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

They might've been good parents. Past tense.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

what the poo poo did the stormtroopers do to turn them into loving skeletons? stormtroopers mostly just blast people leaving one little like burnt patch.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Otisburg posted:

what the poo poo did the stormtroopers do to turn them into loving skeletons? stormtroopers mostly just blast people leaving one little like burnt patch.

The only thing I can think of is that they used one of these: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oppressor_flamethrower

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

That's not them, the skeleton army happened to be raiding through the area and Ben+Beru took two out before being captured and dragged off. Empire was framed.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jace Madan posted:

The only thing I can think of is that they used one of these: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oppressor_flamethrower

:how:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

source: trading card game

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

That's not them, the skeleton army happened to be raiding through the area and Ben+Beru took two out before being captured and dragged off. Empire was framed.

i'm willing to bet there is a literal skeleton race in the EU somewhere

i mean we already have werewolf man and that other cantina guy who was some kind of vampire

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Wolfsheim posted:

i'm willing to bet there is a literal skeleton race in the EU somewhere

i mean we already have werewolf man and that other cantina guy who was some kind of vampire

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Givin

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

skeletons ruled by math nerds who select their leader with a algebra contest.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Owen and Beru were fuckboys anyway.

And did you not see "Troops" from the other page? They were incinerated by a thermal detonator accidentally.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Otisburg posted:

skeletons ruled by math nerds who select their leader with a algebra contest.

not even group theory? pffffff losers :spergin:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

There is no such thing as a good or worthwhile fan edit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weird BIAS posted:

She was democratically elected queen at age 13. I wonder how that campaign went.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
lotta anime fans on naboo i guess

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Why the gently caress did lucas do that.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

PostNouveau posted:

She was democratically elected queen at age 13. I wonder how that campaign went.

Amidala ran for queen against Palpatine.

Won by a very narrow margin.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

burritolingus posted:

Sheev should've won. King Sheev. That'd been rad.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

KiteAuraan posted:

Sheev should've won. King Sheev. That'd been rad.

Queen Sheev.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

burritolingus posted:

• Can: Use the force to influence thousands of galactic senators
  • Can't: Win an election against a 13 year old girl

:downsbravo:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Maybe he didnt want to win the election

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

A good fan edit for Phantom Menace would be to replace all of the queens scenes with the emperor shooting lightning at people.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

burritolingus posted:

So the average Naboo voter's like "Hmmm, 65-year-old elder statesman or 13-year-old girl? Tough call."

Dec 26, 2012

kingcom posted:

A good fan edit for Phantom Menace would be to replace all of the queens scenes with the emperor shooting lightning at people.

just replace everyone with the guy who plays palpatine because he owns and is clearly having the time of his life every time he's onscreen

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

So the average Naboo voter's like "Hmmm, 65-year-old elder statesman or 13-year-old girl? Tough call."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

i would suggest that if you knew the president that was probably a facetious remark

• Locked thread