Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Unguided posted:

I thought the new hotness was stuffing the bank tabs full of those Voth dildo ships.
We don't need to hear about your kinks, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

We don't need to hear about your kinks, dude.

Ignore this, keep going :suspense:

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

Mondian posted:

Uh-huh, because it was you non Wesleys that just happened to have a pile of bugs lying around to delete?

Give the space poors something to hold onto and call their own (even if its not true) Think Santa.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Hey I like to join Starfleet Dental/chat, here's my details:

Ingame name: Barley Stanson
Handle name is Lyre_Liar

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mondian posted:

Uh-huh, because it was you non Wesleys that just happened to have a pile of bugs lying around to delete?

Well, not anymore.

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

Worffan101, the annoying guy who just HAS to say something on the stoforums is a 4Chan RPer. Explains EVERYTHING! he posted this think thinking its Xean http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/26565579/

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
I forgot my wesley wiki password, and when I try to change it, it says there was an error sending the mail, and to contact the administrator.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Supeerme posted:

Hey I like to join Starfleet Dental/chat, here's my details:

Ingame name: Barley Stanson
Handle name is Lyre_Liar

You're invited to TheNextGooneration, say something in there and we'll get you into Dental.

McScumbag posted:

I forgot my wesley wiki password, and when I try to change it, it says there was an error sending the mail, and to contact the administrator.

You're dukatwasright with the email starting with dl, yeah?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So I met a bunch of the Starfleet Dental guys in other MMOs and they were all awesome.

I played this game very early on a lot, and I have one of those Jem'Hadar carrier ships, (I don't even remember how I got it) is that a good thing still? Thinking of just starting over honestly, my character was maxed, whatever the max was like 2 years ago.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Your old ship will be fine for the current endgame after you go to a ship selector NPC and upgrade it (for free since it's a lobi ship). Also they added Romulans a year and half ago and gave everyone an extra character slot so roll one of those if you want a new character and keep your old character.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lagomorphic posted:

Your old ship will be fine for the current endgame after you go to a ship selector NPC and upgrade it (for free since it's a lobi ship). Also they added Romulans a year and half ago and gave everyone an extra character slot so roll one of those if you want a new character and keep your old character.

Can I transfer the ship hull between characters or is it locked on my fed character? And I'll go ahead and install if I can be useful and have fun. :)

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
You can't transfer the ship, but go ahead and join us anyway, there's nothing to worry about being useful at right now since we're pretty much topped out for progress, right now it's a waiting game until cryptic gives us a new fleet holding to grind.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Technical Analysis posted:

You can't transfer the ship, but go ahead and join us anyway, there's nothing to worry about being useful at right now since we're pretty much topped out for progress, right now it's a waiting game until cryptic gives us a new fleet holding to grind.

Trying to recover my account password is AWFUL. I am trying to recover the password for my cryptic account to play Star Trek Online, however when I try to request the password reset link, it redirects me to Arc which does me absolutely no good in recovering my password for my account. Their ticket submitter is bugged and keeps asking me to select from a category from a menu that DOES NOT EXIST.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Did you ever link your Cryptic account with a PWE one?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

PWE's web design and account management are absolutely amazingly horrible in every possible aspect. It's a miracle of failure.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

So I met a bunch of the Starfleet Dental guys in other MMOs and they were all awesome.

I played this game very early on a lot, and I have one of those Jem'Hadar carrier ships, (I don't even remember how I got it) is that a good thing still? Thinking of just starting over honestly, my character was maxed, whatever the max was like 2 years ago.

I hope you brought enough White for EVERYONE.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think you can submit tickets by emailing their support department directly.

There used to be, and maybe still is, a bug for some people where if you try to use the support website it goes into an 'endless redirect' error or something and is impossible to use.

The times i've sent in support tickets i always just email them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I wouldn't start over if you can avoid it, there is a new grind to get from lv 50-60 and you'll be 50 levels ahead of the curve vs starting over.

The jem dread is still a popular ship and, as mentioned, you can upgrade it to the new ship tier for free since it's a lobi prize ship.

You'll probably need to do catch up on the reputation things, but its not too much work, and if you're coming back to the game after this long you wont be sick to death of doing all the stuff already.

Also, until jan 15th they are doing the xmas winter wonderland thing, and you can get a lot of reputation marks by doing this dumb race a couple times an hour and then doff missions to raise space rabbits and feed them to this woman.

Also, please be cognizant and respectful of the space fishing pact.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Would you happen to have their support email handy? It's asking me to uh, log in to create all my tickets, and keeps redirecting me to the same link.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Kimsemus posted:

Would you happen to have their support email handy? It's asking me to uh, log in to create all my tickets, and keeps redirecting me to the same link.

customerservice@perfectworld.com i think

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I can't join TheNextGooneration channel. Is it because I am in the EU?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Supeerme posted:

I can't join TheNextGooneration channel. Is it because I am in the EU?

Nah, we're all on the one server. Doublecheck your @handle by going to a ground map, right clicking your captain portrait in the top left corner, and then let me know if it's not @Lyre_Liar

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
The ingame name is Barly Stanson and the handle name is Liar_Lyre. My bad.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Supeerme posted:

The ingame name is Barly Stanson and the handle name is Liar_Lyre. My bad.

Haha, poo poo happens man. You're in.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I'm in the chat now.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You poor bastard.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Thanks for the help guys, I shot them an email and it registered with their support system. Now I'll just see what happens. My current level 50 is a tactical officer, and I'd like to cut my teeth in open PVP -- if i remember the old meta, dual cannons were pretty much the business on almost any ship for PVP, is that still the case?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Thanks for the help guys, I shot them an email and it registered with their support system. Now I'll just see what happens. My current level 50 is a tactical officer, and I'd like to cut my teeth in open PVP -- if i remember the old meta, dual cannons were pretty much the business on almost any ship for PVP, is that still the case?

New hotness is intel powers, if I understand right.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Hey where do I look for fleet invites? The UI is confusing me.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Dual cannons are utter poo poo. Dual heavy cannons are what you're looking for. Anyway, all the power creep has completely ruined PvP, but if you still wanna try, DHCs or beams with surgical strikes will do ya.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kimsemus posted:

A 2+ year old character trying PVP now? Expect to get constantly one-shotted by ships which are cloaked. Current top-end players are geared to fight NPC ships with millions of HP. Your ship has 45k HP. PVP's going to be useless until cryptic breaks down and makes all abilities/items work differently in PVP than they do in PVE. So never.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, there really isn't any PVP anymore. Beams are great with Surgical Strikes (a new intel boff ability). Basically, you hit for 30k each shot. PVP is over before your weapons go through half a cycle.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Did I win the design a doff contest yet

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

Did I win the design a doff contest yet

No, I'm sorry

Winners included a caitian, a racist caricature, and a liberated borg that buffs melee damage. Who woulda thought.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"Jan Darkrider" :geno:

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

For people who don't care enough to click, so they can see just how dumb this is:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

With eight traits, of course. Since not enough of a special snowflake as it was.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That quote just comes off really Mary Sue anime to me.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Let's have the users design doffs, how could that possibly end up being terrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In fairness Mary Sue was pretty traditionally Star Trek first. :v:

Just... wow though. It couldn't do a parody of a horrible pubbie entry better than that actual one.

• Locked thread