Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Mesadoram posted:

I thought they said that anything that removes foliage is considered an illegal mod...

That's the EU server in the video; they have a different set of banned mods than the NA server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. Driving the loving Conqueror is a goddamn chore.

Just goes to show that the E-75 is by far the best T9.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Man, I didn't even notice we had a new thread. In other news, little tanks is pretty fun on my nexus while taking a poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

Ugh. Driving the loving Conqueror is a goddamn chore.

Just goes to show that the E-75 is by far the best T9.

I do love the Conq, but you are right. It is a bizarre tank with a really Really fantastic gun.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I do love the Conq, but you are right. It is a bizarre tank with a really Really fantastic gun.

This. It can't take a hit like an e-75, but that gun handling is amazing. It still look a bit, but the turret seems to be as bouncy as an american turret. So the goal is to keep moving and only show your turret. The hull is nothing to write home about though.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NTRabbit posted:

The British tree really needs a heavy crew trainer premium, so they've given us exactly what we need

:downsgun:

Just when I thought I'd never reach 15 skills on my IS7 crew...

Seriously though, might as well just release a new soviet heavy tank line, I'm sure there are another 7 billion Objekts # to stuff in there.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

This. It can't take a hit like an e-75, but that gun handling is amazing. It still look a bit, but the turret seems to be as bouncy as an american turret. So the goal is to keep moving and only show your turret. The hull is nothing to write home about though.

But the turret is not dependable. I've gotten penned through the turret many times. The drat thing is also huge.

Its great at support, but you can't really affect outcomes like the E75 can. Can't push in it, and melts under any sort of sustained fire.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Saint Celestine posted:

But the turret is not dependable. I've gotten penned through the turret many times. The drat thing is also huge.

Its great at support, but you can't really affect outcomes like the E75 can. Can't push in it, and melts under any sort of sustained fire.

Absolutely. I wanted a heavy tier 9 for when others wanted to play 9s and already had an excelsior and decent crew so figured I'd go up the line. It's not bad(the gun is amazing) but not a keeper tank. At this point I'm just hoping the Chieftan is good and I'll get a german crew ready to rebuy the e75.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Mesadoram posted:

Stupid question, why does the bush in this video sort of disappear as he zooms in?

http://youtu.be/yu4M4DJrnTs?t=33m23s

Is it because he has some graphic setting jacked up all the way? Because I have all of mine down low and what happens to the bush in this video does not.

I'm like 90% sure it's just an in-game graphical setting. When the camera is far away from some foliage, it'll looks low-res, blocky, and hard to see past. But as the camera gets closer (you drive closer, or zoom in), it renders the foliage in much greater detail, allowing you to see past individual leaves and branches like in the video. I play at max graphical settings and that's exactly how it is for me, thought I have no idea exactly which setting(s) may affect it. Unfortunately I'm out of town for a few days, so I can't test it out or give you a better answer than that.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

The British tree really needs a heavy crew trainer premium, so they've given us exactly what we need

:downsgun:

Excelsior :colbert:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Goddamn, warcrimes, that's quite the title.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

mmkay posted:

Excelsior :colbert:

TOG :colbert: :colbert:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
drat it, the Archer can't carry poo poo. I do two or three times my HP in damage every match, and the pubbies still manage to uselessly flop and lose every game. I haven't managed a single win in this thing since Saturday.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Why the Tiger2 so high? A slow tier8 tank that sees tier10 is not the funniest in my mind.
Will probably get the Conq then in preparation for the Chieftain switch.

Because it's a solid tank that leads to the best tier 9 heavy. The Tiger 2 is like a babby E-75. The Tiger 2 itself is a significant upgrade over the Tiger H. Really you could probably swap the place of this and the 416 in your list, depending on whether you prefer heavies or meds, but the 416 has great mobility, camo, and a gun that it trades for a full turret and depression, which is why I put the Tiger 2 one step higher. YMMV. I have both tanks (and I think pretty much everything else on your list) but haven't played a ton of matches in either of those; I have, however, played against them a lot in my >14k battles.

:eyepop:

What is this from? :magical:

NTRabbit posted:

I guess with this I'll have everything from the IS[-1] to the IS-8! :toot: Also all the KV series! :dance:

Mr.48 posted:

Man, I didn't even notice we had a new thread. In other news, little tanks is pretty fun on my nexus while taking a poo poo.

So, uh, how do you play Blitz with one hand? I mean I'm curious but I guess this might be TMI.... On second thought, forget about it; just tell us your IGN so we can add you. There's already about a half dozen of us who play Blitz (AtomizerX, garregus, PrincessBumblebeeTuna, SturmHaubitze, protastic, naktl).

In other Blitz news, the Fury is back in the shop. :toot: So that ordeal I had to go through to buy it on a borrowed iPad was a waste of time after all. Thanks Wargaming!

Computer viking posted:

Goddamn, warcrimes, that's quite the title.

I'm thinking that was bought by the shitter J4G that he linked to a few pages back. That guy I guess is the homophobe and he's spending tons of cash on titles for everbody that shits on him. More money for Lowtax, I guess! :toot:

Check and mate. :smug:

Ensign Expendable posted:

drat it, the Archer can't carry poo poo. I do two or three times my HP in damage every match, and the pubbies still manage to uselessly flop and lose every game. I haven't managed a single win in this thing since Saturday.

Why are you playing solo? :psyduck: I'll send a platoon invite, I have both tier 5s to grind myself.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Same, except I can barely manage any damage in it at all. If I'm too far front I get spotted and die immediately, if I'm far back enough to be safe I can't click on red tanks.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

deathbagel posted:

You should have bought the Lowe when it was 7500 gold back in 2011 like I did... best 7500 gold I ever spent!

In the end, whoever bought a Lowe shouldn't have any real regrets. It does what its mean to do, and that is make a gently caress ton of credits. I'm willing to bet one could start the game and suicide rush the enemy base while constantly wasting ammo in the air, and still get ahead on a loss.

Atomizer posted:

:eyepop:

What is this from? :magical:

From The interview.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dalael posted:

In the end, whoever bought a Lowe shouldn't have any real regrets. It does what its mean to do, and that is make a gently caress ton of credits. I'm willing to bet one could start the game and suicide rush the enemy base while constantly wasting ammo in the air, and still get ahead on a loss.

I like my credit grinding tanks to actually be fun, personally.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Maybe if everyone else was as prolific at designing and building viable prototypes as the Soviets, they'd have 20 different premiums as well :smug:

Seriously though, WG have easy access to the Soviet archives and nearly everything on the tree was built in steel, more so than any other national tree including the next most historical (US, from memory).

Also I went to FTR (uuughhh) to check out the IS-5, and hahaha holy poo poo, since Rita is apparently on holiday and FTR's followers can't survive five minutes without creeping on a girl playing WoT, a "Rita-approved" stream was linked.

e: Nice new tonks! Kinda lovely about the ISU-130 being mod-only though.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 30, 2014

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Is there a weird new motion blur in this patch? Everything gets very blurred when I'm driving at speed, even before I start drinking.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

Is there a weird new motion blur in this patch? Everything gets very blurred when I'm driving at speed, even before I start drinking.

I saw it myself. There's an option to disable it, thankfully

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
E: Oh, another page.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Subyng posted:

Same, except I can barely manage any damage in it at all. If I'm too far front I get spotted and die immediately, if I'm far back enough to be safe I can't click on red tanks.

Yeah, the effort that it takes to flip from travel mode to battle mode usually means you're either too far back to fight effectively or have people popping up without being able to shoot them. I can't wait until the next tier where this problem goes away.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Yeah, the effort that it takes to flip from travel mode to battle mode usually means you're either too far back to fight effectively or have people popping up without being able to shoot them. I can't wait until the next tier where this problem goes away.

that has been my experience as well. Either I'm too far back because my team is rolling through just fine, or I set up, but am completely exposed.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

rossmum posted:

Also I went to FTR (uuughhh) to check out the IS-5, and hahaha holy poo poo, since Rita is apparently on holiday and FTR's followers can't survive five minutes without creeping on a girl playing WoT, a "Rita-approved" stream was linked.

e: Nice new tonks! Kinda lovely about the ISU-130 being mod-only though.
Did you see the ISU-130 leak a while ago? It was a tank with the stats of a balanced preferential tier 7, but (standard?) tier 8 matchmaking.
And the comments on the ftr article about ~Rita-approved streams~ are amazing :frog:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

I'm thinking that was bought by the shitter J4G that he linked to a few pages back. That guy I guess is the homophobe and he's spending tons of cash on titles for everbody that shits on him. More money for Lowtax, I guess! :toot:

That was a fun read.

Also I know I'm late with this, but... is the Panther 88 the stupidest premium ever, or is it just me?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

Also I know I'm late with this, but... is the Panther 88 the stupidest premium ever, or is it just me?

That honor still goes to the Sexton I.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just got the Sherman III and I haven't played the regular M4 in ages. The stock gun seems to bounce off of everything. I honestly don't remember what to do in this thing - everything feels worse than I remember and I'm confused.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rossmum posted:

Seriously though, WG have easy access to the Soviet archives and nearly everything on the tree was built in steel, more so than any other national tree including the next most historical (US, from memory).

They have the same level of access to the extensive archives at Bovington though. Probably even better access, what with the Bovington guys being super chill about everything, whereas Kubinka is on a military base and all the WW2 tanks are still top secret, plus Russia is currently making GBS threads the bed

AlmightyPants posted:

I just got the Sherman III and I haven't played the regular M4 in ages. The stock gun seems to bounce off of everything. I honestly don't remember what to do in this thing - everything feels worse than I remember and I'm confused.

Touch your toes and think warm thoughts until you get the 76mm

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 30, 2014

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

They have the same level of access to the extensive archives at Bovington though. Probably even better access, what with the Bovington guys being super chill about everything, whereas Kubinka is on a military base and all the WW2 tanks are still top secret, plus Russia is currently making GBS threads the bed

Careful - do you really want 27 Centurion variants? quiet rossmum

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Prav posted:

RAAC Centurion mk 3, IDF Sho't, Saffer Olifant, Centurion AVRE 165, Centurion Teledyne :flashfap:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 30, 2014

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

Yes, please.

Because:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZf_TSiMTc
I am apparently a pussy for waiting on my platoonmate instead of fighting a T95 from the front.
Also, if you wonder what Dekatris is doing in his E-75 in the end, he almost decided to throw the game just to TK our M12, but I talked him out of it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

Eh, the top 57 is better than the 76, and you can also use the 105. Still the 57s (and also the 3" guns) are not particularly accurate and take way too long to aim; the 105 is AFAIK exactly the same as the one on the M4. With the 105 you can wreck poo poo when you're on top but when you're in a tier 7 match you'll hit things for 50-100 damage. It's just not a great tank, you have to slog through it. Try to platoon, a lot of us are working on the same tier 5s.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Magres posted:

I like my credit grinding tanks to actually be fun, personally.

I think the Lowe is kinda fun. Its a very nice sniper than can also be used to race Maus and E-100's. Its not always about Alpha damage, you know. :colbert:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dalael posted:

I think the Lowe is kinda fun. Its a very nice sniper than can also be used to race Maus and E-100's. Its not always about Alpha damage, you know. :colbert:

Yeah, but when it's not about alpha that usually means it's about DPM, and the Lowe has neither.

To be fair, I don't mind the gun, but it's not a great tank.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, but when it's not about alpha that usually means it's about DPM, and the Lowe has neither.

To be fair, I don't mind the gun, but it's not a great tank.

True enough. But then again, I would never make the argument that it is a great tank. Simply that it does what it needs to do, and that is allows pubbies like me to make credits past tier 8.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I still want my tier 10 Bradley IFV light scout, sans the tow missiles.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atomizer posted:

Or it's about alpha and dpm, which means you're driving an Su-122-44

Captainplankface
Nov 29, 2011
Has anyone gotten the Panther 8.8 yet, how is it? Apparently it's mobility soft stats are great, making it just as if not more mobile than the FCM. Good job on the transparency wargaming :doh:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Captainplankface posted:

Has anyone gotten the Panther 8.8 yet, how is it? Apparently it's mobility soft stats are great, making it just as if not more mobile than the FCM. Good job on the transparency wargaming :doh:

It's extremely similar to the Panther II. And 0,8 med passability is nice but it's not a miracle worker so I'm a bit skeptical about it keeping up with a tank with more than 40% extra hp/t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dvsilverwing posted:

A quick Googling reveals it to be lyrics from weird commie metal. Except they're American.
Actually, Accept are German.