Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
:sicknasty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I'm not letting you start framing this thread, MIGF. I don't know anything else about the Jewish conspiracies. If you want to critique David Duke, write him a letter.

So why are you citing David Duke if you don't actually want to discuss what he says

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

Well the masons are just a smokescreen anyway everyone knows that, the real Illuminati controls the government and is the liason between the crabmen in the hollow earth and the reptiloids on the SECRET earth on the other side of the moon

GOD Masons just want you to eat at the Subway their son owns and maybe get catering from there once a month, why do you have to bring Nigerians into this?

So why are you citing David Duke if you don't actually want to discuss what he says

He believes in nothing and everything, for truly, that is the ideology which scares him: he is neither nihilist nor idealist, for he is perpetually blank in his gilded life.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

My Imaginary GF posted:

GOD Masons just want you to eat at the Subway their son owns and maybe get catering from there once a month, why do you have to bring Nigerians into this?

Because their princes are laundering fiat money and using it to buy up purestrain gold

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

He's too easy of a target, really. My bad. I was hesitant. But hey, page 100.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Because their princes are laundering fiat money and using it to buy up purestrain gold

WTF purestrain gold is a caucasian plot to move away from the Akan and Sa'aban standards. Accept frankensence as payment, or else you're a racist anti-semite. Why are you so ignorant ad hominim regurgitation insert sentence fragment that's ignorant you're ignorant

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Come on; my grammar is near perfect. You're the one misspelling and using poor grammar, MIGF.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Come on; my grammar is near perfect. You're the one misspelling and using poor grammar, MIGF.

:tinfoil: JEWISH PLOT INCOMING :tinfoil:

How does David Duke feel about these Sephardim plots? Wait, wait, don't tell me, ad hominim/that's ignorant.

Just because you fail to misspell some words don't make you sane. You've displayed symtoms of schizophrenia and the Internationale is concerned with your well-being. Please seek help or post in E/N. Failing date, how did your last date go?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AddMEonFacebook posted:

He's too easy of a target, really. My bad. I was hesitant. But hey, page 100.

That didn't actually answer my question: Why, when pressed about your beliefs, did you cite someone who you were unwilling to actually discuss?

My Imaginary GF posted:

WTF purestrain gold is a caucasian plot

You fool, you're falling for it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

The logic does flesh out that you are accepting a number of premises on faith to believe the official story. Questioning the official story doesn't necessitate believing everything that anyone ever said about 9/11. The only premise you have to accept to question the story is that there was probably a bomb that destroyed building 7. Just that one premise vs. the half dozen premises that lead to the conclusion that it was terrorists and the government wasn't involved. What is the evidence that building 7 was destroyed by terrorists? It didn't even get hit by a plane. That's undeniable.

But a number of those premises are not based on faith. We have a lot of evidence proving that some terrorists hijacked some planes and flew them into some towers. We even have a video tape confession from Osama bin Laden. Those are the facts. They are not premises. You don't need to rely on faith to accept things that actually happened.

The building 7 stuff comes down to two conflicting ideas
1) Building 7 was destroyed by falling debris and raging fires, a likely scenario when two much larger towers just collapsed nearby
2) Building 7 was struck by debris, but it was actually destroyed by a bunch of explosives that were planted in secret and detonated on the same day as the September 11 attacks, without anyone speaking a word of the plan, and without any of the conspirators being noticed

The first premise doesn't even require faith, it just requires a basic understanding of physics. We have pictures of tower 7 hosed up by debris, so we know that debris had struck it before it collapsed. Given the evidence, scenario 1 is a lot more plausible and requires a lot fewer leaps of faith than scenario 2.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 30, 2014

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Come on; my grammar is near perfect.

Do you really believe that?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
E/N is like the best sub-forum. Honestly, D&D sucks and is never funny and rarely educational.

I really have no idea what schizophrenia even is. Maybe I do have it. It doesn't change the fact that it's an ad-hom to just call someone crazy, which is all you're doing. If an argument is bad, then dissect and destroy it. Don't attack the person. You are really just insulting actually schizophrenic people by telling them that anything they come up with should be dismissed because of their disorder.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AddMEonFacebook posted:

E/N is like the best sub-forum. Honestly, D&D sucks and is never funny and rarely educational.

I really have no idea what schizophrenia even is. Maybe I do have it. It doesn't change the fact that it's an ad-hom to just call someone crazy, which is all you're doing. If an argument is bad, then dissect and destroy it. Don't attack the person. You are really just insulting actually schizophrenic people by telling them that anything they come up with should be dismissed because of their disorder.

It's hard to dissect things when you sigh wearily at any requests for you to actually flesh out your position or back it up.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

Do you really believe that?

Yeah man. Honestly, I should be a proof-reader.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I really have no idea what schizophrenia even is. Maybe I do have it.

What do you think you have? Obviously, you think you have something. Look, we just want to help you, and we really aren't lizards even if we're illuminati.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

It's hard to dissect things when you sigh wearily at any requests for you to actually flesh out your position or back it up.

I did flesh out a lot of the ideas, and some people are actually responding to the arguments and making good points. MIGF is not one of those people.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I did flesh out a lot of the ideas, and some people are actually responding to the arguments and making good points. MIGF is not one of those people.

Look, you have Illuminati willing to listen to your concerns, if you phrase them in a language we can understand. What more do you want?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Yeah man. Honestly, I should be a proof-reader.

Stick to your day job, whatever that is

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

My Imaginary GF posted:

What do you think you have? Obviously, you think you have something. Look, we just want to help you, and we really aren't lizards even if we're illuminati.

I think I just have an excess of empathy and I want to solve world hunger and stop war, but it's not possible.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Here's the Harvard study. They also mention that, with regard to cognition:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036214001809

The national academy of sciences concludes that water fluoridation should continue without ever doing a study on it's cognitive effects. They only proved that it didn't cause three rare bone diseases. I bet I could prove depleted uranium doesn't cause the flu.

Is there a reason to suppose that fluoride makes you go crazy if no studies have been conducted with regards to it?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

OwlFancier posted:

Is there a reason to suppose that fluoride makes you go crazy if no studies have been conducted with regards to it?

There are some studies that were done in China. It's also the most electronegative element in existence so it will react with almost anything.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

There are some studies that were done in China. It's also the most electronegative element in existence so it will react with almost anything.

China is not a real nation. China does not exist. Ergo, your studies are invalid.

For $100, I can get you any results you want out of China. You might as well be citing Uni. of Addis-Abba on LRAD usage

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I think I just have an excess of empathy and I want to solve world hunger and stop war, but it's not possible.

Which wars? You know we're only responsible for some. Aren't the non-jazidi responsible for the rest?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Were they done by just jamming a billion gallons of fluorine into people or were they done on fluorine consumption in levels and formats similar to what would be found in US drinking water?

Also "it reacts with almost anything" doesn't say a great deal because so does aluminium. You still won't die from drinking out of cans.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Look, the fact of the matter is that conspiracies often requires you to make a bunch of leaps in logic in order to believe in them. This is why they always get mocked. "Water fluoridation was the culmination of decades of research that began by observing that small levels of fluoride in water helped prevent tooth decay and ended when it was discovered that these levels had no detrimental health effects" requires a lot fewer leaps in logic than "Germany started a water fluoride chemical weapons program in the 1940s in order to poison the entire world, including themselves from 1950-1970, and they accomplished this with shady connections around the world, including via infiltrated members in the US NIH that enacted this plan before the US had even entered the war; nobody bothered to question the poisonous effects of water fluoridation and the issue was never raised against except by the enlightened few who were able to peer through the curtain and ascertain that water fluoridation is a nazi genocidal plot, evidence be damned"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Oxygen is pretty loving electronegative, almost as much as fluoride, but that doesn't mean that you're going to die from breathing or from drinking a glass of water or from consuming any of a million things that have oxygen as a component. Just like with fluoride, what's important is dosage. In sufficiently small quantities, fluoride has no negative health effects on people, and there are many studies proving that this is the case. In sufficiently large quantities, literally anything will cause you harm.

e: This brings us back to anecdotal proof vs statistical proof. This is one of those cases where you require more than anecdotal evidence in order to claim that fluoridated water is bad for you. Statistically, we have countless studies showing that fluoride in drinking water causes no harm. I haven't heard of any Chinese studies showing negative effects; can you provide them to us?

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 30, 2014

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

OwlFancier posted:

Were they done by just jamming a billion gallons of fluorine into people or were they done on fluorine consumption in levels and formats similar to what would be found in US drinking water?

Also "it reacts with almost anything" doesn't say a great deal because so does aluminium. You still won't die from drinking out of cans.

It was in areas with already high levels for sure, but they did get good data showing neurological damage. We've moved on a bit to questioning whether hydrofluosilicic acid (the chemical added to water supplies and obtained from industrial waste) could be contaminated with lead and arsenic from the industrial process. The argument was made that hydrofluosilicic acid is reacted with other chemicals prior to being added to the water to remove impurity, and if anyone can prove that and show me how cities convert hydrofluosilicic acid into sodium fluoride before adding it to the water, I'll be satisfied.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 30, 2014

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
...the hubris...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

QuarkJets posted:

Oxygen is pretty loving electronegative, almost as much as fluoride, but that doesn't mean that you're going to die from breathing or from drinking a glass of water or from consuming any of a million things that have oxygen as a component. Just like with fluoride, what's important is dosage. In sufficiently small quantities, fluoride has no negative health effects on people, and there are many studies proving that this is the case. In sufficiently large quantities, literally anything will cause you harm.

What about nachos, nachos can't hurt you

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Also pure fluoride literally doesn't exist in nature so this is irrelevant because it only exists in compounds. This is like railing against table salt for having sodium and chlorine.

And you still haven't addressed your complete and utter ignorance about German history that is the basis of this horseshit.

Lech mich am Arsch.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It was in areas with already high levels for sure, but they did get good data showing neurological damage. We've moved on a bit to questioning whether hydrofluosilicic acid (the chemical added to water supplies and obtained from industrial waste) could be contaminated with lead and arsenic from the industrial process. The argument was made that hydrofluosilicic acid is reacted with other chemicals prior to being added to the water to remove impurity, and if anyone can prove that and show me how cities convert hydrofluosilicic acid into sodium fluoride before adding it to the water, I'll be satisfied.

Actually, that's not how debate works; if you're claiming that fluoridated water introduces an unsafe amount of lead and other chemicals into our drinking water and that these impurities are escaping detection using standard techniques, then it's up to you to prove the accusation. Do you have any evidence of this?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

Actually, that's not how debate works; if you're claiming that fluoridated water introduces an unsafe amount of lead and other chemicals into our drinking water and that these impurities are escaping detection using standard techniques, then it's up to you to prove the accusation. Do you have any evidence of this?

I did find this article:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-31/health/ct-met-epa-lead-tests-20120131_1_lead-levels-high-levels-round-of-water-testing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

This doens't mention fluoride at all.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Okay, so you found an article indicating that 15 of 29 Chicago homes had levels of lead exceeding expected thresholds. All of these homes had fluoridated tap water, so the fact that it wasn't 29 of 29 homes actually disproves your point.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

This doens't mention fluoride at all.

It's a conspiracy.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

Okay, so you found an article indicating that 15 of 29 Chicago homes had levels of lead exceeding expected thresholds. All of these homes had fluoridated tap water, so the fact that it wasn't 29 of 29 homes actually disproves your point.

Impurities in the hydrofluosilicic acid wouldn't be consistent throughout, and so this is the kind of result I would expect. Only when impure chemicals were added would we find excessive levels of contamination, so I don't think we need 29 of 29 to question whether this might be from impure chemicals labeled as fluoride.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's a conspiracy.

Absence of evidence isn't actually evidence, try again

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
guys flourine (the pure element) is clearly exactly the same as everything involving flouride (flourine that has already reacted into salts by being so electronegative)

just like chlorine and chloride, so stop pointing that salt shaker at me, we don't use WMDs in civilised society

on second thought, blockedhimonfacebook should be made to inhale some FOOF or CLF3 to demonstrate the universal danger of flourides for the sake of everyone else :science:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Impurities in the hydrofluosilicic acid wouldn't be consistent throughout, and so this is the kind of result I would expect. Only when impure chemicals were added would we find excessive levels of contamination, so I don't think we need 29 of 29 to question whether this might be from impure chemicals labeled as fluoride.

?????????????

You don't know how water works.

Still waiting about Germany.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

blowfish posted:

guys flourine (the pure element) is clearly exactly the same as everything involving flouride (flourine that has already reacted into salts by being so electronegative)

just like chlorine and chloride, so stop pointing that salt shaker at me, we don't use WMDs in civilised society

on second thought, blockedhimonfacebook should be made to inhale some FOOF or CLF3 to demonstrate the universal danger of flourides for the sake of everyone else :science:

Nice straw-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Impurities in the hydrofluosilicic acid wouldn't be consistent throughout, and so this is the kind of result I would expect. Only when impure chemicals were added do we find excessive levels of contamination, so I don't think we need 29/29.

Why? The water all gets fluoridated in a single place, meaning that the inclusion of any lead contamination from water fluoridation would result in an approximately homogenous mixture throughout the city. A far more likely explanation is that lead pipes in the city water mains and in homes, features that were common until the 1980s, introduce a difficult-to-predict amount of lead contamination on a home-by-home basis.

Next, you're also going to have to prove that lead levels are too high in every city in America. The EPA would be throwing a shitfit if this were the case

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's a conspiracy.

If there was a conspiracy then the results wouldn't have been published in the first place

• Locked thread