Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Juniper goes in gin. You can even add vermouth if you want.

http://grilledcheesesocial.com/2011/09/06/brave-little-toaster-how-to-make-grilled-cheese-in-a-toaster/

"I threw on some speck, which is like a juniper flavored version of prosciutto."

Adding gin to the shopping list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Hirayuki posted:

Simply put your toaster on its side to make cheese toast! Fleas will be attracted to the heat! The cheese toast will fly halfway across the room when done, taking the fleas with it and killing them in the process!

Extra-credit hack: Eat any dead fleas and floor detritus on your cheese toast for a protein, fiber, and immune-system boost!

Eat vanquished fleas to gain their jumping strength.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

Simply put your toaster on its side to make cheese toast! Fleas will be attracted to the heat! The cheese toast will fly halfway across the room when done, taking the fleas with it and killing them in the process!

Extra-credit hack: Eat any dead fleas and floor detritus on your cheese toast for a protein, fiber, and immune-system boost!

What if you aimed it so the cheese toast flew into a waffle iron, thereby killing the fleas and adding extra protein and trace nutrients to your snack?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

C.P.A.N. posted:

So let's recap. I've learned that

- corn goes on pizza
- juniper goes on ham
- ginger goes in vag
- sushi goes in spergs

Realtalk: gonna make me some corn pizza

Hey, ginger goes in the vag and the anus.

Mostly anuses, actually.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Hirayuki posted:

:golfclap: Finally! Someone who grasps the genius of life hacks.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Woah gonna do this next time I make chili.

Or get some honey butter as 'syrup.'

You'll thank me. Waffle cornbread is seriously excellent, and serving it with chili does, in fact, make it even better

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Stalin McHauntler posted:

You'll thank me. Waffle cornbread is seriously excellent, and serving it with chili does, in fact, make it even better

Is it just standard cornbread batter cooked in a waffle iron? I love me some cornbread.

VVV If you'd been following the thread, you'd see :edi:

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Dec 30, 2014

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

What the hell is wrong with you?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Karma Monkey posted:

Is it just standard cornbread batter cooked in a waffle iron? I love me some cornbread.

VVV If you'd been following the thread, you'd see :edi:

Yeah, it really is as simple as putting cornbread batter into a waffle iron!

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Ssometimes I see waffle irons sold with swappable moulds, so that you can use them to make things other than waffles. You can grill meat, make poffertjes and toasties, which is cheese between two slices of bread. Add tomato sauce, meat, and some onion and pretend it's a pizza.

http://www.wohi.nl/huishoud/keukenapparaten/tosti-apparaten/tristar-sa2151-sandwich-maker-met-verwisselbare-platen-rvs

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Picnic Princess posted:

Nobody listen to this screaming idiot, anything can be waffle ironed if you just try hard enough!

ARE YOU TRYING TO END THE WORLD OR SOMETHING MAN

EDIT: The running joke is that I am oddly concerned about the concept of putting sushi in a waffle iron and its possible repercussions. Thank you for your cooperation, we now return you to your scheduled shitposts.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

C.P.A.N. posted:

http://grilledcheesesocial.com/2011/09/06/brave-little-toaster-how-to-make-grilled-cheese-in-a-toaster/

"I threw on some speck, which is like a juniper flavored version of prosciutto."

Adding gin to the shopping list.

Speck is wonderful, but can be expensive and hard to find. Soak bacon in Pine Sol for a tasty and convenient treat!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

how me a frog posted:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Oh man, sorry you missed out on this.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Shintaro posted:

Speck is wonderful, but can be expensive and hard to find. Soak bacon in Pine Sol for a tasty and convenient treat!

Oh, is that what they mean by "clean eating"? :downs:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HMS Boromir posted:

I believe the idea is that fleas find hosts by detecting the heat and CO2 mammals (and candles) give off. I have no idea if that's actually accurate.

Yes. But it is still a terrible life hack. I've done it by putting the candle in the middle of a shallow pan of soapy water to increase the catch radius before. It works. There are also electric flea traps that use a small amount of heat to attract fleas to sticky flypaper.

But you can't actually use it to control fleas, only to detect them. Caught a flea? You have fleas, so something about it. Caught 5 fleas? You have a heavy infestation and really ought to do something about that right away. Just a candle alone wouldn't catch much, plus it would be hard to see the tiny charred corpses in the candle, so it wouldn't even work very well as a detector. To use it to actually control fleas you'd need dozens of them all over your house, burning 24/7 for weeks or months.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Stick Insect posted:

Ssometimes I see waffle irons sold with swappable moulds, so that you can use them to make things other than waffles. You can grill meat, make poffertjes and toasties, which is cheese between two slices of bread. Add tomato sauce, meat, and some onion and pretend it's a pizza.

http://www.wohi.nl/huishoud/keukenapparaten/tosti-apparaten/tristar-sa2151-sandwich-maker-met-verwisselbare-platen-rvs

When I was looking into getting a waffle iron, I went with something like this because I figured since I was spending the money on a new kitchen appliance, I better be getting enough usage out of it to justify the money I was shelling out. So far I've done knockoff hot pockets, panini, and waffles with it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Angela Christine posted:

Yes. But it is still a terrible life hack. I've done it by putting the candle in the middle of a shallow pan of soapy water to increase the catch radius before. It works. There are also electric flea traps that use a small amount of heat to attract fleas to sticky flypaper.

But you can't actually use it to control fleas, only to detect them. Caught a flea? You have fleas, so something about it. Caught 5 fleas? You have a heavy infestation and really ought to do something about that right away. Just a candle alone wouldn't catch much, plus it would be hard to see the tiny charred corpses in the candle, so it wouldn't even work very well as a detector. To use it to actually control fleas you'd need dozens of them all over your house, burning 24/7 for weeks or months.

LIFEHACK: Got fleas? Burn down your house. Then burn your neighbor's house. Just keep burning them houses, you'll soon kill all the fleas.

you'll soon kill all the parasites

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Preheat your microwave.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I have a microwave/oven combo, but I don't think that's what he's describing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My microwave is hotter the second time you use it. :iiam:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The heat of your microwave cooks your food as much as the wheels on a plane push it forward while it's taking off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No i mean the same one minute cycle makes the same food hotter.

Or I may be thinking of my toaster.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Phosphine posted:

Preheat your microwave.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those dangerous "helpful tips!", like the blowing crystals one. Running your microwave empty is a fire hazard.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

change my name posted:

I'm pretty sure this is one of those dangerous "helpful tips!", like the blowing crystals one. Running your microwave empty is a fire hazard.

Is your kitchen too cold? Did you know you can modify your microwave to run with the door open? Try this one simple trick that drives the gas company crazy!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Higgy posted:

Is your kitchen too cold? Did you know you can modify your microwave to run with the door open? Try this one simple trick that drives the gas company crazy!

I used to work for an electrician that did Department of Housing stuff and we had to replace a LOT of ovens that people had just opened the door and used as a heater. Also quite a few where people had used the oven doors as step ladders, oddly enough.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I used to work for an electrician that did Department of Housing stuff and we had to replace a LOT of ovens that people had just opened the door and used as a heater. Also quite a few where people had used the oven doors as step ladders, oddly enough.

I guess is the same type of people who thought their disc trays were soda and food trays, around the late 90's,early 2000's :v: I knew a few like that back in the day when computers weren't anymore a thing for the insanely rich in my country.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
All the waffle iron hate inspired me...

... inspired me to buy a waffle iron.

The first thing I made was a blueberry waffle. I used a cheap blueberry muffin mix, and thinned out the batter a bit. It was tasty as heck, and I enjoyed it. Sadly, I did not take pictures. I did, however, grab some pictures of the omelette I made, this morning.

Let's start with the basics: a couple of eggs and some pepper.

Looking good, but we need to jazz it up a little. Do you like tomatoes? I like tomatoes.

Hmm... still needs work. What else do we have in the fridge?

Ooooh, ham. I can get behind that.

Almost there, but I feel like there's still room in this recipe. Ricotta! Yay! I didn't know that was in there.

Oh. That was not ricotta in that tub. Moving on.

Pouring with one hand while photographing with the other did not work so well. No problem, I spread the tomatoham around a bit and closed the lid. I didn't fill the cavities evenly, but my stomach won't care.

Here it is, plated with some cornbread I also made in the waffle iron because hell yeah, that's why.

The eggs lost some of their nice, fluffy shape while I was fiddling with my phone. Oh, well, they tasted great.

Bonus Christmas spirit picture I took while grabbing the waffle iron:

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Centripetal Horse posted:

All the waffle iron hate inspired me...

... inspired me to buy a waffle iron.

The first thing I made was a blueberry waffle. I used a cheap blueberry muffin mix, and thinned out the batter a bit. It was tasty as heck, and I enjoyed it. Sadly, I did not take pictures. I did, however, grab some pictures of the omelette I made, this morning.

Let's start with the basics: a couple of eggs and some pepper.

Looking good, but we need to jazz it up a little. Do you like tomatoes? I like tomatoes.

Hmm... still needs work. What else do we have in the fridge?

Ooooh, ham. I can get behind that.

Almost there, but I feel like there's still room in this recipe. Ricotta! Yay! I didn't know that was in there.

Oh. That was not ricotta in that tub. Moving on.

Pouring with one hand while photographing with the other did not work so well. No problem, I spread the tomatoham around a bit and closed the lid. I didn't fill the cavities evenly, but my stomach won't care.

Here it is, plated with some cornbread I also made in the waffle iron because hell yeah, that's why.

The eggs lost some of their nice, fluffy shape while I was fiddling with my phone. Oh, well, they tasted great.

Bonus Christmas spirit picture I took while grabbing the waffle iron:

This lifehack isn't stupid at all

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Phosphine posted:

This lifehack isn't stupid at all
Except the part about using an awful pale pink winter tomato.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So, if it wasn't ricotta, what was it?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kirbysuperstar posted:

When I was a poor student I did this a few times because a gas oven was so much cheaper to run than an electric heater. Surprising I never suffocated myself.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If we're talking crazy waffle poo poo, I find this little series on youtube amusing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4QLO0YsPE&list=PLCJsxHc5QjVOENawHkzb9rc0sxgYq-cmo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
All a waffle iron does is apply heat and pressure, which is how diamonds are made.

Is there anyone dumb enough to believe that "blood diamonds" are literally made out of blood, and if you extract enough of your blood and put it in a waffle iron long enough you'll have diamonds you can sell and live like a king off the proceeds?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

cheerfullydrab posted:

All a waffle iron does is apply heat and pressure, which is how diamonds are made.

Is there anyone dumb enough to believe that "blood diamonds" are literally made out of blood, and if you extract enough of your blood and put it in a waffle iron long enough you'll have diamonds you can sell and live like a king off the proceeds?

Whoa, slow down there.

How much blood would I have to extract exactly to make one of your diamonds?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What makes you think I'm using my own blood?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
One synthetic diamond method I read about (from SA probably) found tequila an excellent source of carbon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Waffle iron? Pfft, imagine the omelettes and sneaker soles you can cook in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkKqaZs3_EA

I'm the floor dumpling, btw.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

OctoberBlues posted:

If we're talking crazy waffle poo poo, I find this little series on youtube amusing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4QLO0YsPE&list=PLCJsxHc5QjVOENawHkzb9rc0sxgYq-cmo

Who are those guys? The two less-fat ones look really familiar. There's something about the middling-fat one who seems to take the reviews seriously that drives me crazy. I think it's something about his speech patterns. I really wanted to punch him for a couple of episodes. Are they film-industry guys or something? I heard one make a reference to Dutch angles, and someone in one of the videos said, "Gaffers don't get laid."

Anyway, those videos were fun. Thanks for the link.

axolotl farmer posted:

Waffle iron? Pfft, imagine the omelettes and sneaker soles you can cook in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkKqaZs3_EA

I'm the floor dumpling, btw.

I'll bet that person can crush bricks with his right hand.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
God bless the waffle iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
What was in the ricotta container?!?!