Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I'd love to see the good Alex and/or Patrick quick looks people keep talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i hope he has a good job lined up at a website that i dont read

I hope his new job is hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the worst thing I've ever read.

And then I got to the end where he's signing everyone's yearbook. What an embarrassing little pompous turd.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

I think we'll remember patrick as "not as bad as some nerds on the internet thought"

No.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

patrick is an self-absorbed writer who cares about games too much, but i still watched and enjoyed most spooking with scoops and i won't back down on that. also i'll take him in a quicklook over brad any day.

What the gently caress.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1B9Hg01k8gg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

I hope they hire Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn

Anita Sarkeesian would be a welcome addition to the site and at least 1000x better than Patrick doing exactly what he was doing, so if your being facetious your an idiot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

that will be some fun content

edit: I can't loving believe Brad on this goddamn podcast. Jesus Christ. Brad worse than Patrick, there I said it.

The way brad behaves like a psychotic self absorbed turd is way more tolerable than when Patrick does it, due to sounding, looking and acting like a baby instead of a 15 year old.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It also only happens often enough, or at least, it only becomes verbose often enough, as he's doing it all the time at least subtly, to make it a fun quirk of his behavior. Thank you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wormskull stop doing viral marketing for shadow of mordor's nemesis system

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rannos22 posted:

I'd love to see the good Alex and/or Patrick quick looks people keep talking about.

IMO Alex isn't like Patrick where he ruins content by being on it no matter who else is there, since at worst he just sounds like a weird alien that doesn't understand humor, for better or worse.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
Brad is only insufferable once a year on the GotY podcasts unlike alex and patrick which are terrible all year round.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A decent example is the uhhh Duck Dynasty quick look I guess.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Okay I like Brad again, I can never stay mad at that man. I don't even know if they'll feel the need to replace patrick at all. I don't see why they would, but then again I never really watched any of the stuff he did so maybe some people will notice less content.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Okay I like Brad again, I can never stay mad at that man. I don't even know if they'll feel the need to replace patrick at all. I don't see why they would, but then again I never really watched any of the stuff he did so maybe some people will notice less content.

I'm sure someone will complain if there isn't an arrogant one in a billion sentimental writer on their site and no one else on there can probably even imagine being that lovely, including Alex.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The secret of Giant Bomb is that Alex is the worst to listen to but actually has good opinions.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

A third Giant Beast guy would be sweet, as well as some actual content from there. The game of the year stuff is just reminding me how much I miss Vinny.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I honestly think Zoe Quinn would be a good edition except she is a game designer and not a "journalist" or w/e position they will actually be looking to fill. I kind of want someone that is very different from the rest of the crew and the ideal person will be someone that can stand up to Brad's GOTY bullshit and prevent him from putting next year's DOTA2/Destiny on the top 10 list. What I'm saying is, they should hire me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Machai posted:

I honestly think Zoe Quinn would be a good edition except she is a game designer and not a "journalist" or w/e position they will actually be looking to fill. I kind of want someone that is very different from the rest of the crew and the ideal person will be someone that can stand up to Brad's GOTY bullshit and prevent him from putting next year's DOTA2/Destiny on the top 10 list. What I'm saying is, they should hire me.

do you want to hear someone actually argue with brad do you think that would be 10 hours of entertainment

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Alex is alright but he had a bad habit of saying "So here's a thing" in Quick Looks which kinda grated on me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd watch that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cool. Another obsessed human being from Nebraska spent 4 minutes in photoshop making a poster for the GB crew. Meanwhile the $25 spent at FedEx printing it out could have been used on the Game of Thrones: Season 1 Season Pass.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

its nice to see brad trying to get back into shape

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Open a window and maybe he'll just fly away.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Cool. Another obsessed human being from Nebraska spent 4 minutes in photoshop making a poster for the GB crew. Meanwhile the $25 spent at FedEx printing it out could have been used on the Game of Thrones: Season 1 Season Pass.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but they tweeted out that image when they went back to CBSi office. It had been hanging in the elevator there since Jeff got fired from Gamespot.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh poo poo Patrick kelpek is leaving giantbomb, this is great. It's like greeting an old friend again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

CaptainFish posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but they tweeted out that image when they went back to CBSi office. It had been hanging in the elevator there since Jeff got fired from Gamespot.

Ballsack 9000.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i am excited for a patrick-less giant bomb in 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ballsack 9000.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Oh my loving god NOT SCOOPS

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

i am excited for a patrick-less giant bomb in 2015

same :D

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

jesus loving christ brad how can you be that adamant about destiny

BKPR posted:

Whoever replaces Patrick cannot be as good an addition as dan so I am already disappointed.

What if they announced they cloned vinny

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

jesus loving christ brad how can you be that adamant about destiny

he has a bad case of loot lust

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
brad's goty is dota lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm the next top giantbomb writer

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Just wait for brad to not budge on destiny's placement.

quoting myself because lol loving brad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Brad is easily hypnotized by shallow, psychologically cunning video games.