Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musket
Mar 19, 2008

LargeHadron posted:

I mean, right after I take them. They are all wet, and then when they dry they have all kinds of marks on them.

Mine are fine. I let them dry but not in direct sun. They wont last at all though more than a few months before they start to look like poo poo. Dont let them dry in the sun or they will ruin real fast. You can also not peel them for a few hours if you know you will be home fast and let them dry on your desk after you peel. Self Terminating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Photobeers, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Shoot more instant ffs.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Shot with Instax film and a Polaroid 600 camera. It is a mother fucker but it will work and image is flipped. Will be working on this more in the future.

This is Impossible B&W for SX-70 shot with an SX-70 Alpha & an Alpha 1.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Messing about with extension tubes and the Mamiya. Unsurprisingly it vignettes incredibly. Wish I had a "P" lens handy.

Pardon the poo poo "scan".
DSCF9477 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

I left some FP100 in my old Land 100 for several months so now the film has a very cold white balance. Tried waiting until some nice warm sun to balance it out:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
IMG_0016.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

Does anyone have any experience fixing Instax cameras? I just got a really cheap Instax 200 at a thrift shop. There's even some film left in it that someone managed to put in there backwards. Problem is that it doesn't really work. When I put the batteries in it just sort of started whirring, same thing when I pushed the power button, but nothing else is happening, except for a blinking E appearing in the display. Anything I can do?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
IMG_0004.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Brauhaus by mr_student, on Flickr

Brauhaus by mr_student, on Flickr

Spedman fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 4, 2014

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Hacking Bulb Mode & Multi Exposure into an Instax Wide

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

I may try this.

Have an instant photo.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Took some 3000b out into the sun, did something weird to the edges. Up at Hanging Rock on Boxing Day.

Hanging Rock by mr_student, on Flickr

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Those are cool. Sometimes I forget places from movies are real.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Happens to me every time shooting 3000B in full sunlight - owns.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

When I first saw the edges I didn't like them, but they've definitely grown on me. I really miss FP-100b though :smith:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Are those refurbed polaroids that impossible project sell worth a poo poo?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully they don't require impossible film (it's garbage)

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Pukestain Pal posted:

They're expensive as hell for something you can scavenge off ebay/a pawn shop for $20. There's also the fact that all you can feed them is poo poo impossible film or long expired 600 packs that might shoot dried developer across your subject.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I bought a pack even though everyone said it would be a waste of money and the battery died after two shots. I liked the look of them, but not for the price. Stick with Fuji while they're making it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

From what I've seen the latest iterations look okay, but a friend shot some older "colour" iterations, and they look like fading turds, all brown and pale.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ansel autisms posted:

So basically if I want to shoot any instant film, instax or whatever is the way to go.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

If you're craving manual control, go with FP100C (or FP-3000B while it's still sort of around), otherwise the Instax Wide cameras are a lot of fun. People will have as much fun making fun of you for having one as you will shooting it.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

try it with a lime posted:

People will have as much fun making fun of you for having one as you will shooting it.

Win Win.

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.
Somehow I acquired a polaroid Big Swinger (:dong:) when cleaning family belongings out during the holidays. From a quick search, is FP-3000 the only film I can use in it? Does this camera work with color film at all?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

FP-3000b is no longer made, and the final production is being sold off at inflated prices. However, FP-100c, (colour!) is still being made and sold at reasonable prices, so go grab a bunch of boxes of that.

http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/instant-film/polaroid-type-100-pack-film

Don't buy polaroid branded film, it's too old these days.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Butt Reactor posted:

Somehow I acquired a polaroid Big Swinger (:dong:) when cleaning family belongings out during the holidays. From a quick search, is FP-3000 the only film I can use in it? Does this camera work with color film at all?

I was browsing eBay last night and then ended up watching a video to learn more about that camera. The video the guy posted said he tried color film in it, and it had mixed success. He said indoors its way too dark so don't even waste your money trying, but for outdoors and really well lit areas it might occasionally work but don't expect much out of it.

There are people on eBay now putting some of these polaroid cameras up at higher prices with buy it now instead of auctions. Those people seem like dicks and I don't think they sell anything. I also saw listings where people put the word hipster in the title of the auction. Maybe I like hipster things sometimes, don't judge me eBay listing. I am old enough to actually remember some of these cameras being used by normal people.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

JHVH-1 posted:

There are people on eBay now putting some of these polaroid cameras up at higher prices with buy it now instead of auctions. Those people seem like dicks and I don't think they sell anything. I also saw listings where people put the word hipster in the title of the auction. Maybe I like hipster things sometimes, don't judge me eBay listing. I am old enough to actually remember some of these cameras being used by normal people.

:ironicat:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
What a deal!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Pukestain Pal posted:

If you want a Polaroid let me know. The prices they sell those cameras for is LOL.

ansel autisms posted:

The ONLY Impossible Film I would recommend is the B&W for the SX-70 cameras (I haven't used the 600 B&W film). It actually develops quickly and it looks pretty good. I posted a few shots a few posts up. If it was $8-$12 cheaper I would shoot the poo poo out of it.

Spedman posted:

Don't buy polaroid branded film, it's too old these days.

I have had good luck with Polaroid film with expiration dates of 2008 & 2009. Also you can transfer old Polaroid film into new Impossible film packs (the battery is built into the pack). Just make sure you only do 8 frames at a time.

JHVH-1 posted:

I sell Polaroids and I make drat good money doing it. I don't give a gently caress if you are a hipster or a nazi. Just throw money at me.

JHVH-1 posted:

What a deal!

I sell these for $150 if they are in great - excellent condition. Only way that is worth that much is if it is BRAND NEW in original box.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Whitezombi posted:

If you want a Polaroid let me know. The prices they sell those cameras for is LOL.

letting you know

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Pukestain Pal posted:

letting you know

I found one for free, outside of a night club. SX70 Sonar Autofocus Model. Probably used for extorting pictures from hubbie "clients" - or something... I cleaned it with isopropyl several times, just to be sure.

Bought some SX70 color film, and boy is it poo poo. I only paid $18 for the film (I get a discount) and still feel I paid way too much for the whole thing. It's a cool looking camera. But the film is terrible. And yes I kept it dark immediately after exposure. Still crap. You won't be happy.

Gargladdy
Sep 21, 2005
Outletsnake!
Just picked up this bad boy. Shackman multishot 102. Pretty excited can't wait to shoot more with it!

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Gargladdy posted:

Just picked up this bad boy. Shackman multishot 102. Pretty excited can't wait to shoot more with it!

Sweet camera, and even sweeter work you are doing with it. Keep on keepin' on dude!

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

Gargladdy posted:

Ahhh this is really killer. How does exposure work with it? Can you have two different sets of exposures on one piece of film or does it need to be the same light with both images? I am so used to using my Hasselblad and having manual control for everything that I look at that and my brain starts farting.

Gargladdy
Sep 21, 2005
Outletsnake!

Putrid Grin posted:

Sweet camera, and even sweeter work you are doing with it. Keep on keepin' on dude!

Thanks! It looked too cool to pass up. Only paid $30!

pootiebigwang posted:

Ahhh this is really killer. How does exposure work with it? Can you have two different sets of exposures on one piece of film or does it need to be the same light with both images? I am so used to using my Hasselblad and having manual control for everything that I look at that and my brain starts farting.

I have yet to snag a good garage sale / thrift store priced polaroid camera that can do manual controls. I'm trying my hardest to hold off getting one on eBay haha.

How the camera is supposed to work normally:
When you press the shutter it will fire and shoot the same image twice on one piece of film. It has a fixed shutter speed (boo) and a fixed focal range of a little under 4 feet (also boo). Since it was made to do one job I guess that's why it's so rigid. The only adjustment you get is aperture (F/11 - F/64) I really want to figure out what the shutter speed is but I haven't found a way to do that yet. (possibly shooting it next to my dslr and comparing the sounds could get me close)

How I got it to make that image with the floral pattern:
- Covered up one lens, shot one silhouette (pocket wizard + flash pointed at wall behind him)
- Uncovered then covered up the previously covered lens then shot the other silhouette
- Uncovered both lenses then went outside and shot a random bush.

Anything you blow out to white will remain white once you peel the film. Everything else should hold whatever pattern or texture you use. I'm not sure if I could have shot the pattern first then shot the silhouettes and gotten the same result as I'm still a bit new to the whole multiple exposures thing.

I had a coworker pick this camera up from a craigslist post that was close to his house. I was actually expecting it to be identical to a polaroid mini portrait, which has bulb mode. So the one I got is a tad more limited, but overall I'm happy with it!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Gargladdy posted:

Thanks! It looked too cool to pass up. Only paid $30!

I have yet to snag a good garage sale / thrift store priced polaroid camera that can do manual controls. I'm trying my hardest to hold off getting one on eBay haha.

How the camera is supposed to work normally:
When you press the shutter it will fire and shoot the same image twice on one piece of film. It has a fixed shutter speed (boo) and a fixed focal range of a little under 4 feet (also boo). Since it was made to do one job I guess that's why it's so rigid. The only adjustment you get is aperture (F/11 - F/64) I really want to figure out what the shutter speed is but I haven't found a way to do that yet. (possibly shooting it next to my dslr and comparing the sounds could get me close)

Good find for that price. I love my Miniportrait 202 and 203.

If I remember correctly the Shackman has a 1/60 shutter.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Looks like theres now a new instant pinhole camera that costs €222.00

http://pinhole.supersense.com

It's built on top of the Impossible film processing unit, such a bummer.

I'd really like a medium format version of this, the variable hight bellows are really neat for adjusting the FOV.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Whitezombi posted:

Also you can transfer old Polaroid film into new Impossible film packs (the battery is built into the pack). Just make sure you only do 8 frames at a time.
Is this the only way to get a good battery into a pack of Polaroid 600 film that's waaaaay too old to have a working battery?

I bought some very expired (like late-90's) Polaroid film from eBay back in April, and we tried to run it through my GF's Polaroid 600 for fun but nothing happens when we load the film. We think the battery is kaput.

We ran a pack of Impossible film through the camera in April, it worked just fine. People have mentioned IP batteries dying mid-way through the 8 shots, have those been 600 film or something else?

I'd like to shoot this old film on this old camera, how can I put a working battery where it needs to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The battery in the 600 carts are under all the slides and it's a special dumb battery. Just shove your good frames into a Impossible cart.

• Locked thread