Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Anime Done The Right Way, in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
why couldn't they just replace vader's lungs? I mean even we can perform lung replacements

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

why couldn't they just replace vader's lungs? I mean even we can perform lung replacements

Replacement lungs wouldn't have those high quality mediochlorians. Better to use machines so you keep that medi-count as high as possible for more force strength!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Well, sure, we have them NOW. But that was a long time ago.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

According to the great tome of Wookiepedia, Sheev may have made Vader's reconstruction lovely on purpose so he couldn't rebel. :spergin:

(Also holy poo poo their Vader article is long)

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Gammatron 64 posted:

of course it's also literally called Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse so there's that

They changed the name a while back, it's now Animated Drawings to Replace Women (hover over "ADTRW" on the main forum page)

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
vader could have been such an even cooler character. they could have had him be not insufferable in the prequels to the point where you might retroactively sympathize with him.

ah well gently caress you george lucas

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The Monkey Man posted:

They changed the name a while back, it's now Animated Drawings to Replace Women (hover over "ADTRW" on the main forum page)

No, they really didnt sorry.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chill la Chill posted:

Welp. After all these years you have put into words what I've always disliked about LOTR and Dune. I couldn't ever really figure it out but now I know. Those genealogies and over explained historical footnotes that nobody cares about right there. And you're punished for it if you don't look in one of the 50 appendices at the back cuz the book assumes you've memorized it already.

oh man, you'd really hate asoiaf then

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

vader could have been such an even cooler character. they could have had him be not insufferable in the prequels to the point where you might retroactively sympathize with him.

ah well gently caress you george lucas

Anakin shoulda totally been like Han Solo. Like the dude ices a dude under the table, you could totally see him teetering the other way.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

shiksa posted:

oh man, you'd really hate asoiaf then

Pretend I found and quoted that poo poo water passage here

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this loving thread gave me an addiction to reading wookiepedia.

anyway, y'all heard of centerpoint station?

apparently its this huge tractor beam that has the power to move planets around. specifically, it was used to create the corellia system for... whatever reason. oddly, that's not explained in obnoxious detail. then everyone forgot about it for thousands and thousands of years because sometimes you lose track of something bigger than the death star just hanging out near one of the 5 planets that is brought up in nearly every star wars story.

oh also people lived in the middle of it because there was an artificial "sun" on the inside and i guess you could farm in it somehow? whatever, the sun was the power source for the tractor beam/lasers/other poo poo and someone fired the laser and it incinerated all the people who lived there lmao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

Welp. After all these years you have put into words what I've always disliked about LOTR and Dune. I couldn't ever really figure it out but now I know. Those genealogies and over explained historical footnotes that nobody cares about right there. And you're punished for it if you don't look in one of the 50 appendices at the back cuz the book assumes you've memorized it already.

Dune is actually really good

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

He did get dismembered and then immediately 100% 3rd-degree-burned. There probably wasn't much left for the suit to keep alive.

Darth Vader vs. Robocop. Vader doesn't get a lightsaber, Robocop gets his pistol.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Pneub posted:

He did get dismembered and then immediately 100% 3rd-degree-burned. There probably wasn't much left for the suit to keep alive.

Darth Vader vs. Robocop. Vader doesn't get a lightsaber, Robocop gets his pistol.

Han quick drew on Vader and got he rear end frozen, Robocop don't stand a chance.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
They don't fight, just hang out and feel depressed together.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

According to the great tome of Wookiepedia, Sheev may have made Vader's reconstruction lovely on purpose so he couldn't rebel. :spergin:

I always thought that was implicit in ROTJ, with Vader's "I must obey my master" - because at any single moment, Palpatine could crush Vader's suit and that would be the end of him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

But in ESB he tries to get Luke to join him and rule together.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

But in ESB he tries to get Luke to join him and rule together.

Yeah, so like Obi Wan and Yoda were trying to do, Luke would take on the Emperor.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

An Angry Bug posted:

They don't fight, just hang out and makeout a little

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Archer666 posted:

The only good EU thing was Legacy. If only because they were so far ahead on the timeline they could actually do creative poo poo without having to shoehorn in other stupid poo poo.

Not true, 'Tales of the Jedi' owned, until they decided to make boring pre knights of the republic poo poo in 1996 for no loving reason: The Golden Age of the Sith and The Fall of the Sith Empire. Just skip those two as they're both worthless lazy writing and completely boring and lovely...

Edit: Pretty much anything written by Tom Veitch is solid loving Star Wars; although I'm not a big fan of the Dark Empire series which actually starts out awesome but ends up getting really weird.

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 1, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Darth Plagueius was great, every nerd should read it.

Have you ever wondered how Darth Sidious got involved with the Trade Federation? And what roles the Grans played? It's all in there.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

redshirt posted:

I always thought that was implicit in ROTJ, with Vader's "I must obey my master" - because at any single moment, Palpatine could crush Vader's suit and that would be the end of him.

And kind of explicit with how Palpatine fucks up Vader's suit with the lightning of his no problem

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

And kind of explicit with how Palpatine fucks up Vader's suit with the lightning of his no problem

Yeah, it's all in there in the subtext.

Why else does Vader have such an obvious control box on his chest - somewhat similar to the Torah?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this? posted:

He was in one of the Indiana Jones movies afterwards so I guess he didn't feel too bad.

It was the first Indy, poo poo I never made the connection before. That guy ruled.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Why isn't there a Darth Tater yet

He' already exists and he's great. :colbert:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Because of this thread I reactivated my long dormant steam account and bought kotor again :toot:

hail santa

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He' already exists and he's great. :colbert:

That's just James Earl Jones in the Vader costume

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

redshirt posted:

Why else does Vader have such an obvious control box on his chest - somewhat similar to the Torah?

redshirt I have to ask what the gently caress is up with the link in your AV please tell me

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

beanieson posted:

Because of this thread I reactivated my long dormant steam account and bought kotor again :toot:

hail santa

A goon gave me KOTOR for christmas, I'm totally downloading today after I get back to unlimited bandwidth.

Hail santa! :toot:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

drunk asian neighbor posted:

redshirt I have to ask what the gently caress is up with the link in your AV please tell me

I know nothing about it - some racist gave it to me. I see a few other folks with the same AV.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Kimmalah posted:

Man is that ever dumb when the whole point of dumping Dooku and taking on Anakin as his apprentice was his unrivaled potential for power.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also, Sheev was most likely a virgin, so does that make him a beta?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

I know nothing about it - some racist gave it to me. I see a few other folks with the same AV.

Sup stupid avatar buddy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh lol

I thought, huh redshirt sure is posting a lot

didn't even notice it was multiple accounts

stah wezz

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

redshirt posted:

Also, Sheev was most likely a virgin, so does that make him a beta?

Sort of implied that Palp impregnated Vader's mom with the Force.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Sheev raped Shmi, its all in the subtext

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

Blackdog420 posted:

Edit: Pretty much anything written by Tom Veitch is solid loving Star Wars; although I'm not a big fan of the Dark Empire series which actually starts out awesome but ends up getting really weird.
Tales of the Jedi was pretty solid until KJA took over as the sole writer and the art turned to poo poo. I think Redemption of Ulic Qel-Droma was okay, though. Dark Empire is one of my favorite Star Wars things, even though the end of the series was pretty rushed. Dark Horse wouldn't publish Lightsider, so Cam Solusar shows up out of nowhere, and I think Empire's End was originally supposed to be longer than two issues. They lost the artist, too.

I guess I never read enough of the EU, because nothing in it makes me cringe as much as the last few movies.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Milky Moor posted:

george lucas gets in one last 'gently caress you' from dowwwwwnnnnntoooooowwwwn lmao

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

redshirt posted:

because it looks more visually interesting and that's it you loving sperg

• Locked thread