Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Bryan trying to think of famous people named Connor on the B&V show and not thinking of Conor McGregor (which even I did and I've never seen him fight once) was pretty funny.

e: ok then a minute later he goes "DON'T MENTION CONOR MCGREGOR" effectively undercutting his own point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Karmine posted:

Bryan trying to think of famous people named Connor on the B&V show and not thinking of Conor McGregor (which even I did and I've never seen him fight once) was pretty funny.

e: ok then a minute later he goes "DON'T MENTION CONOR MCGREGOR" effectively undercutting his own point.

Well his name is Conor not Connor so its completely different. Then the Ascension dude is called Konnor so...

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
They should change the name of the fall of man to Konnor's Kure.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

New OSW episode, Halloween Havok '95.

They're doing the Dungeon Of Doom run :spooky:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

TheCool69 posted:

Here is a funny bit from Bill Burrs podcast when Sherris Berries tried to sponsor him

http://youtu.be/Rl5JDzvkEA0

They still do sponsor Bill.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

njsykora posted:

First new AOW of the year is the Bullet Club, Anderson and Gallows.

I am glad that this finally confirmed that Gig Me Like The Butcher was Gallows and Rocky.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
On the other hand, I can 100% believe that Stone Cold might be using a ManGrate.

(Greg Proops would never use a ManGrate, and that was the weirdest sponsor+podcast pairings to ever exist)

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

I always thought the show would've been a lot better if they continued to cover the Hulkamania era through WCW too (Since it didn't actually end). It featured a lot of the same players too. I think they've got worse without any real focus.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

There seems to have been a change of plans. Jay just announced on twitter they're doing 2001 Road to Mania.

Royal Rumble, No Way Out, the final Nitro, the simulcast Raw, and Mania 17.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

There seems to have been a change of plans. Jay just announced on twitter they're doing 2001 Road to Mania.

Royal Rumble, No Way Out, the final Nitro, the simulcast Raw, and Mania 17.
Yeah, it's in the HH95 video at the end they say what the next run is, this episode was just a Christmas bonus. And they basically covered all this Dungeon of Doom stuff anyway. Though I enjoyed seeing that era of WCW more than I would've thought since I've no familiarity with it beyond what's famously bad about it.

Surprised they're doing Attitude Era stuff after the Capital Carnage episode but I suppose a big part of that was how terrible and pointless that PPV was.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DrVenkman posted:

JR is a good talker, but he's not a good interviewer. But then do any of the other podcasters really throw hardball questions out there? I think Jericho and Austin are much better and getting people to open up to things without questioning them heavily. It's one of Austin's best skills actually.

Konnan and crew straight up drilled JJ on their podcast. So many "I can't legally talk on that" answers.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"SCOFF! If Jake Roberts went to the Gym he'd look like Ultimate Warrior" :smug:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

They still do sponsor Bill.

Yeah but Nature Box doesn't.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I use the Apple podcast app, and for the most part I haven't had a problem with it. But Colt's podcast hasn't updated since the Dr Tom episode. I had assumed he took the holidays off, but I googled it and he has a couple new episodes out. Other people seem to be having the same problem. Is the issue on the apps side? Should I be using a different app or is there a way to fix it?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

gypsyshred posted:

I use the Apple podcast app, and for the most part I haven't had a problem with it. But Colt's podcast hasn't updated since the Dr Tom episode. I had assumed he took the holidays off, but I googled it and he has a couple new episodes out. Other people seem to be having the same problem. Is the issue on the apps side? Should I be using a different app or is there a way to fix it?

I believe unsubscribing and re-subscribing fixes this issue.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The F4W Prediction Show is gonna be live in an hour (noon PST, 3pm EST, 8pm GMT) on the F4WLive stream and will probably be a fun listen. It's all about making far reaching predictions if you've never heard it before, and usually whoever drops the most outlandish prediction to actually happen gets some kind of prize.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

njsykora posted:

The F4W Prediction Show is gonna be live in an hour (noon PST, 3pm EST, 8pm GMT) on the F4WLive stream and will probably be a fun listen. It's all about making far reaching predictions if you've never heard it before, and usually whoever drops the most outlandish prediction to actually happen gets some kind of prize.

Ooh, so that's what they were talking about a few days ago. Are there examples of some previous outlandish predictions that've come (mostly) true?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I have no idea if this is like right now but Bryan is going last angry man about the post office.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's on now.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

drat, I didn't know the phones were so short. I was going to call in and say TNA would outdraw the Network.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
My MOTY prediction was labeled as the "boldest" thus far so I guess I have that going for me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Akileese posted:

I have no idea if this is like right now but Bryan is going last angry man about the post office.

Yeah the live feed outside shows is currently looping the Best of 2014 compilation.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Thanks to OSWReview, I've now seen Jim The Anvil facing off against Virgil while dressing as a Klan member. That was...I think that was worse than the Hot Rod/Hot Scott promo.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Bhester posted:

I believe unsubscribing and re-subscribing fixes this issue.

That fixed it, thanks.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He also assures you now is the time to bet because variance is gonna turn around now! Always a good sign when your gambling expert forgets every fight is an independent event.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bryan's gonna beat the Spy in the betting game and Todd's gonna go off about how Bryan was the Spy all along.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Does anyone know a good podcast manager for iOS and works well for F4WOnline? I think I've heard a few of you guys talk about Downcast. I'm planning to use this on an iPad rather than an iPhone if that makes a difference.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

mariooncrack posted:

Does anyone know a good podcast manager for iOS and works well for F4WOnline? I think I've heard a few of you guys talk about Downcast. I'm planning to use this on an iPad rather than an iPhone if that makes a difference.

I use Downcast on both iPad and iPhone and I love it. Super easy to set up and if you have more than one device it syncs your subscriptions/episodes/playback position between them

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

downcast is good, never a problem with subscribing or downloading. crashes every once and awhile (probably wouldn't does so on a iPad and not my crappy old phone) but still infinitely better than the horrific apple podcast app

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Downcast is perfect for f4w.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Listening to the prediction show...shuuut the gently caress up Ed.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This week's Tizz Shizz is one of the episodes they poo poo canned because they thought it was terrible. It's part two with TMDK and it's god damned great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I use iCatcher and I love it

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I've used Downcast for 2 years with F4W and never had an issue that was app related. Best couple of bucks you can spend.

Heard Instacast also works but can't confirm.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Instacast works and is good except like every other podcast app I've tried it eventually requires a full reinstall idk

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/102-japan/40602-special-feature-the-history-of-pro-wrestling-at-the-tokyo-dome

Great article about the history of the Tokyo Dome by Dave, from the dates I guess it was written last year but still good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey they're updating the MMA stuff round by round now.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't think it's Dave doing the live results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it might be the Sherdog guy.

And if you haven't heard it dig up the podcast he did with Dave on early UFCs there are some really great old school MMA stories.

• Locked thread