Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Pocket Billiards posted:

Joe was very critical of Brendan Schaub's performance against Travis Brown on the podcast they do with Callen. It was streaming live and they've pulled it down off of everything now.

Well poo poo, I wanna hear that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Joe was saying it face to face with Brendon live on the podcast.

Edit: someone sent me this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9PE4vjtdc

Pocket Billiards fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 9, 2014

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

I looked for it last night, they'll upload it right away under a different name, then change the file and finish it off within 12 hours. I suspect there was some deep poo poo going down and they might not put it up per brendan's request.

Bill Burr has funny anecdotes, and he loves putting a hat on a hat

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

DJ BK posted:

Bill Burr has funny anecdotes, and he loves putting a hat on a hat

Also, him and Redban didn't argue about RSS feeds this time.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Piquai Souban posted:

Also, him and Redban didn't argue about RSS feeds this time.

Lol. Redban stayed in his lane and it was a great cast. Can't wait to watch Burr's special.

E- Joe on the live Church episode was great. I love hearing Diaz go in on the protesters.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I can't wait to watch Bill Burr's animated show. It's is supposedly based on his family stories.

Last story he half got into on his podcast was about how his dad would keep pirannas and how at a young age he would make the kids gather around and show them how they ripped apart goldfish. The Lovely Nia (Bill's wife) commented "Oh that explains a lot."

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
My favourite Monday Morning Podcast is the one where Bill goes off about working with his dad.

He does this impersonation of his father getting mad at him for getting bubbles in the teeth impressions (his dad is a dentist) and it kills me.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Pocket Billiards posted:

Joe was saying it face to face with Brendon live on the podcast.

Edit: someone sent me this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9PE4vjtdc

This is a must listen. Joe really lays into him, pushing him to move on. Brandon to be fair, lays back into Joe about how much money he has, something that I've wanted a guest to do for a long time. It doesn't go anywhere, but this is really a fascinating conversation that I don't think any of us would ever get to hear between a fighter and his friends/family who honestly think it's time for him to hang it up. I don't know if Brandon is going to let this be posted, but I think it's really important for it to. A lot of fighters don't get this kind of advice, and honestly they need to hear this, and Brandon does a good job of dealing with it considering it's coming 48 hours after a big loss.

Viper_3000 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 9, 2014

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The Schaub/Rogan thing was not on Rogan's podcast. It's on Fighter and the Kid, and it's up on iTunes.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Risket posted:

The Schaub/Rogan thing was not on Rogan's podcast. It's on Fighter and the Kid, and it's up on iTunes.

I know.

It went up live yesterday on the Fighter and the Kid ustream and then the video was made private shortly after and wasn't available anymore.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I absolutely don't think this should've been public but I'm glad it is simply because other fighters might listen to and realize their health is more important. Rogan is in that deep conversation you have with a friend when there is something you tremendously gently caress up and I think he handled it well all things considered.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The trans humanist guy was a total goofball and all of his ideas are "wouldn't it be great if..." stoner thoughts

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Pocket Billiards posted:

Bill Burr's episode was great. He's entertaining and it wasn't just another libertarian or magic mushroom circle wank.

Joe was very critical of Brendan Schaub's performance against Travis Brown on the podcast they do with Callen. It was streaming live and they've pulled it down off of everything now.

Did he ask him what it's like to gently caress Rhonda Rousey? I skipped over that one because I was like "oh, Brendan Schaub, who loving cares". Too bad.

I kinda liked the transhumanist guy, but I think his running for president thing is a little...I don't know, much? Then again there's a prohibitionist party that runs for president every 4 years as well. Everyone has to, or should, come to terms with the fact that they are going to die one day and they probably won't have any say in it, but Zoltan said, "gently caress that! I'm going to try to live forever!" You could hear the exhilaration in his voice despite his attempts to restrain it as he regaled Joe about his novel and the valiant struggles the protagonist faces and how awesome he is.

Also, I think having eye enhancements would be really loving cool.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

My favourite Monday Morning Podcast is the one where Bill goes off about working with his dad.

He does this impersonation of his father getting mad at him for getting bubbles in the teeth impressions (his dad is a dentist) and it kills me.

Which one is this?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygwFxJd69c

"Dental Assistant"

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Rogan's really been lacking conspiracy minded guests lately. How has Rogan not had a JFK assassination researcher on his show yet? There was a period where it seemed to come up every other episode for awhile.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't listened to it yet but the tweets and comments on his podcast with Ana Kasparian sure are hateful- I've only seen her in a few TYT videos from years back and she was pretty funny on Kevin Periera's podcast a few years ago. What gives? Are people just confusing her with Sarkeesiann?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Criticising tumblr feminists gives you a big MRA following. Same reason why the internet goes crazy when Bill Burr's wife is on his podcast.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm not sure what you mean, what I was saying is people seemed overwhelmingly against her in the comments and I don't understand why cause she's like a nobody as far as I know.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even remember her saying anything offensive really? The closest they got to talking about feminism was Ana refuting that you can't wear heels and dress sexy and be a feminist too.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Anyone into cars should be a fan of Chris Harris, and he was brilliant on the show. Joe was way out of his depth but knew it and let Chris talk which was ace, could tell Joe is a fan as well.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I just listened to the Jim Gaffigan one from a few years ago and it was pretty funny. Joe keeps getting talking about sexual stuff with Jim Gaffigan which is highly uncomfortable and pretty off putting. Jim is very quick on his feet though and it ends up being pretty good. I like going through the older ones and seeing how much Joe has changed in a few years. I'm glad he doesn't make his older episodes premium like seems to be the norm anymore.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

willie_dee posted:

Anyone into cars should be a fan of Chris Harris, and he was brilliant on the show. Joe was way out of his depth but knew it and let Chris talk which was ace, could tell Joe is a fan as well.

Joe's actually pretty knowledgeable about cars, but yeah, Harris is a guy you just let talk.

I went a long time without ever listening to the JRE, but the last few months I've binged on them, it's really good overall. I have the same gripes a lot of you have, but his stoner talk when dealing with actual science or history is usually really good and funny. So far my favorites are the episodes with Dan Carlin from Hardcore History, but the best episode he's done IMO was #501 with Randall Carlson. Talking about impact events and extinct megafauna is tailor made for the type of show Rogan does.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

VikingSkull posted:

Joe's actually pretty knowledgeable about cars, but yeah, Harris is a guy you just let talk.

I went a long time without ever listening to the JRE, but the last few months I've binged on them, it's really good overall. I have the same gripes a lot of you have, but his stoner talk when dealing with actual science or history is usually really good and funny. So far my favorites are the episodes with Dan Carlin from Hardcore History, but the best episode he's done IMO was #501 with Randall Carlson. Talking about impact events and extinct megafauna is tailor made for the type of show Rogan does.

Watch everything he does with Duncan Trussell. I really like his interview with Neil Degrasse Tyson too, it's kind of funny.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Halfway through the Kevin Pereira episode, man I think Joe got extra high to try and deal with Kevin's dry, dorky humor. Joe literally just said: "Businesses have this weird thing where they like to make more money every year."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Watch everything he does with Duncan Trussell. I really like his interview with Neil Degrasse Tyson too, it's kind of funny.

Yeah, those are great too, but the NDT interview was waaaaay too much fake moon landing for me to deal with.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Omglosser posted:

Halfway through the Kevin Pereira episode, man I think Joe got extra high to try and deal with Kevin's dry, dorky humor. Joe literally just said: "Businesses have this weird thing where they like to make more money every year."

I think Kevin Pereira has too much energy for Rogan to deal with, basically his "try-hard" topical quip-a-second short-circuits Rogan's brain and brings out his knack for not realising his guest is joking, or otherwise deflecting a joke with "How dare you". A less high, more focused Rogan would have certainly explored Pereira's recent Ayahuasca experience, which was the main reason he was there. Pereira tried to take the convo there, but it wasn't happening.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always find it hilarious when someone makes an obvious joke and Joe just takes all the air out of it by refusing to recognize it as a joke. "Why would you say that?"

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

bango skank posted:

I always find it hilarious when someone makes an obvious joke and Joe just takes all the air out of it by refusing to recognize it as a joke. "Why would you say that?"

I honestly can't believe Joe is a professional comedian sometimes. It seems like EVERY joke flies over his head in conversation, or he's just being deliberately obtuse. It's so weird listening to him go on and on about the intricacies of standup as if he's Carlin or something, when his act consists of Kinison-style screaming and dick jokes (disclaimer: I've only seen his last three specials). I'd love to know if Burr, Stanhope etc. actually like his comedy, or if they just humor him because they're friends.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Watch Ari's podcast where Rogan goes over the intricacies of his old bits from his previous special.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

ZeroDays posted:

I think Kevin Pereira has too much energy for Rogan to deal with, basically his "try-hard" topical quip-a-second short-circuits Rogan's brain and brings out his knack for not realising his guest is joking, or otherwise deflecting a joke with "How dare you". A less high, more focused Rogan would have certainly explored Pereira's recent Ayahuasca experience, which was the main reason he was there. Pereira tried to take the convo there, but it wasn't happening.

To be fair Joe probably avoided the ayahuasca talk because people apparently always complain about him talking about that stuff all the time.

majestic sea cow
Dec 10, 2010

Bob Sacamano posted:

I honestly can't believe Joe is a professional comedian sometimes. It seems like EVERY joke flies over his head in conversation, or he's just being deliberately obtuse. It's so weird listening to him go on and on about the intricacies of standup as if he's Carlin or something, when his act consists of Kinison-style screaming and dick jokes (disclaimer: I've only seen his last three specials). I'd love to know if Burr, Stanhope etc. actually like his comedy, or if they just humor him because they're friends.

I don't think stanhope has had anything good to say about joes comedy, and i doubt that they are friends, stanhope was getting on joes nerves last time he was on the podcast by poking fun at the amount of ad copy joe was reading out

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

diesiel posted:

Watch Ari's podcast where Rogan goes over the intricacies of his old bits from his previous special.

Just as a heads up for anyone wanting to take this on, it's a 4 hour podcast. It is really interesting though, listening to how Joe worked out the act and how the comedic side of his mind works. He's smarter when it comes to comedy than I expected, especially given his material.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

majestic sea cow posted:

I don't think stanhope has had anything good to say about joes comedy, and i doubt that they are friends, stanhope was getting on joes nerves last time he was on the podcast by poking fun at the amount of ad copy joe was reading out

Stanhope's JRE episodes are the best, 'cos he's the only one that calls Rogan out on his bullshit, and isn't scared of treading where other's won't. He always talks about Joe's personal life (old girlfriends, his wife etc) and mentions his wealth, and it always makes Rogan uncomfortable. That said, Rogan loves Stanhope and often cites him as his favourite comedian along with Diaz (I know everyone's Rogan's favourite comedian and everyone should do comedy etc but Stanhope gets the most mentions).

Kettlebell Boulevard

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Stanhope guesting on any podcast is gold because he plays a great court jester vis-a-vis joking directly to the truth (remember when he almost told Bert Kreischer's daughter there was no Santa Claus?) although his own podcast is not always a compelling listen.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

(remember when he almost told Bert Kreischer's daughter there was no Santa Claus?)

That was great because you could just hear how badly he wanted to do it.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Piquai Souban posted:

Stanhope guesting on any podcast is gold because he plays a great court jester vis-a-vis joking directly to the truth (remember when he almost told Bert Kreischer's daughter there was no Santa Claus?) although his own podcast is not always a compelling listen.

Which podcast was that one?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
There was some dude in this thread that just started JRE and didnt like that we were all calling joe stupid about a year ago. I'm kinda curious if after a year of listening he still feels we are wrong. Are you here buddy?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Which podcast was that one?

Look up Stanhope on The Bertcast (I only listen to this if I love a guest) - should be timed to when Stanhope was last on JRE, and doing a mini-podcast swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
This Nick Di Paulo episode is the best in a long time. I'm about 2 hours in, they just got the news that Jon Jones tested positive for blow.