Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Dr. Fetus posted:

The big ghost itself is really easy to take down. It's the little ghosts that are the hard part. If you don't have a good starting item, it can be hard to take them down. They actually lead their shots and try to corner you, and getting hit once as The Lost is game over.

Yeah, I mean it'd be fine if each individual ghost came at you one at a time. But when you defeat the first and then have to deal with two, WHILE avoiding the big guy floating around the room who is still able to hurt you if you touch him, is when he's a shitlord. Before and after that, it's no issue.

If you get a good damage item from your room or joker your way in to brimstone, he's not an issue at all of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A boss on the first floor of the whole game should not have a brimstone attack. It's just mean. Thankfully though it's not hard to avoid but man what a dick move.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

o.m. 94 posted:

Oh gosh darnit, I just beat Mom's Heart for the third time and the achievement didn't trigger (PS4). Does anyone know if it's gone forever? I seem to be connected to PSN fine
Upload your savegame to the cloud (Nicalis cloud ingame, not PS4 cloud...though it wouldn't hurt to have a backup of your savegame elsewhere anyway).
Exit game. (Close application.)
Start game and delete each of the 3 slots' save data, even if you only ever saved in one slot.
Exit game.
Start game and download your savegame from the cloud.

Sometimes, the trophies will pop when you do that. Sometimes, you'll need to do it a couple of times or also delete the PS4 local save data after purging the three slots for it to unlock stuff you should already have. They're definitely wonky on PS4, regardless. My dead boy, 20 challenge, and 5 mom kills trophies were all bugged forever; but the above actions freed them up after I did it a couple of times.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks, tried it a few times but no joy. I just wish they'd put in a cheevo check when syncing, I can't imagine it's the hardest thing to do.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Why is there no achievement for Mega Satan? I beat him last night and it was a little disappointing.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

zerocrash posted:

Why is there no achievement for Mega Satan? I beat him last night and it was a little disappointing.

You unlock the last ending which is required for Platinum God, so while there's no direct reward, you'll need to do it eventually :shrug:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I finally scored Real Platinum God- took hours doing Basement 1 runs as Azazel over the course of a couple days to score the Steven item- biggest slog of it all, but I just used the time to rack up donations in the shop as well. Got Steven and the Stopwatch in the span of a couple runs after however.

I was excited that now I'd get to just play the game 'right' without worrying about unlocks but now I'm just not motivated to play it at all. Maybe I'll take a break-

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Poizen Jam posted:

I was excited that now I'd get to just play the game 'right' without worrying about unlocks but now I'm just not motivated to play it at all. Maybe I'll take a break-

that's what happened to me but you'll enjoy playing it again when you do. It's freeing to get a bullshit item/room and you finally don't loving care since it doesn't stop you from unlocking whatever dumb poo poo you have been wasting too much time trying to accomplish.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

zerocrash posted:

Being able to get to him is entirely dependent on getting two angel rooms or dad's key. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the luck based nature of it means that the fewer unlocks are tied to it, the better. In my opinion at least.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope in the inevitable expansion they make it so that you have to beat Mega Satan with The Lost to unlock something.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
It was mentioned on the Isaac blog that they were planning unlocks for the "secret ending", so yeah, that's probably coming.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Hopefully getting to Mega Satan won't be so luck based in the expansion. It's not as bad as trying to get the Polaroid in flash Isaac before Mom was bugged to drop it, but it's still a bit of a hassle to get to multiple times.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Honestly Mega Satan should just unlock for good after you collect the keys once. So you can kill him (or not) every time you go to the Chest/Dark Room.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Rashomon posted:

Honestly Mega Satan should just unlock for good after you collect the keys once. So you can kill him (or not) every time you go to the Chest/Dark Room.

This would be the best way to go. Now that I'm just playing for fun after getting TPG it bums me out when I actually get a devil deal worth taking on the first floor because I know I won't get to fight Mega Satan unless I get really lucky and find Dad's Key.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Now that even nothernlion has all the Lost achievements I feel like I'm a terrible player for not being able to get them.

I see why everyone complains about the lost now, it's just so demoralizing. You have all these great items and one little mistakebug throws it all away. I had ludivico, stopwatch, and undefined but apparently I somehow touched the curse room exit dodging a troll bomb and died to the door without even exiting the curse room. :sigh:

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Should I take it as reassuring that a larger % of players have Godhead than have Platinum god? I mean clearly this means The Lost is easier than just endlessly running the game with Isaac hoping to get this dumb angel room item to drop.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've been playing the game for over 100 hours and I've still got a number of items that I've never seen, but I definitely get Little Steven and Poop at least every three or so runs. Mainly since I'm not actively hunting for specific items and getting everyone's notes nice and red, because hunting for a certain item is reeeeeeeeeeally boring and I don't wanna.

I was lucky in that I got Steven item the third time I faced him, now I think the only boss I haven't faced in a room is Triachnid.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Crosspeice posted:

I've been playing the game for over 100 hours and I've still got a number of items that I've never seen, but I definitely get Little Steven and Poop at least every three or so runs. Mainly since I'm not actively hunting for specific items and getting everyone's notes nice and red, because hunting for a certain item is reeeeeeeeeeally boring and I don't wanna.

I was lucky in that I got Steven item the third time I faced him, now I think the only boss I haven't faced in a room is Triachnid.

Yeah I don't really understand all the achievement whining, why would you want to play the game in such a blatantly unfun way? Just play for fun and things will unlock

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah I don't really understand all the achievement whining, why would you want to play the game in such a blatantly unfun way? Just play for fun and things will unlock

Because of the Isaac metagame even though it's a completely randomized unscored single player game

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
I don't get it either. It's not like getting those items to spawn is actually difficult, like winning with the lost, so that it might give you a feeling of pride when you're done. It's just tedium.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
For some people, you haven't beaten the game until you've done everything in the game.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pussy riot police posted:

For some people, you haven't beaten the game until you've done everything in the game.

Some people are stupid

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
You shouldn't get Real Platinum God until you've seen every synergy Ed hardcoded. :unsmigghh:

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I actually kind of like the tedium. Trying to get a certain thing to appear and trying to get plat god run after run isn't tedious to me if I'm watching a TV show or listening to a podcast side by side. I usually play the game on mute honestly and do something else at the same time.

Its kinda why I liked the flash one and why I bought rebirth again.

It also helps I have a lousy PC and not a lot of money so I don't play many other games as they come out

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Antigravity tears + Azazel's mini-Brimstone leaves a cloud of red smoke that lingers for about a second, then shoots the beam. This is weird and really hard to work with.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

IMJack posted:

Antigravity tears + Azazel's mini-Brimstone leaves a cloud of red smoke that lingers for about a second, then shoots the beam. This is weird and really hard to work with.

Yeah, it's not a super good combo. Unless you have magnetic tears, in which case it is a really good combo.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I thought I'd try and get a few Eden runs done on hard and started with some mediocre gear. I was going slow so didn't think I'd get to the boss rush. And then epic fetus arrived, along with a bunch of damage ups and a box of spiders. And what's this in the shop? The stopwatch? Hello!
Killing Mom was annoying, as it's hard to hit her with the bombs, but I made it to the boss rush and cleaned them up easily. Dropping down I ended up with flight in a devil deal, at which point everything was a fore-gone conclusion. Then triple shot dropped, and shortly after quad shot. Even though I was one-shotting bosses, it was amusing to have 4 bombs drop one after the other for total overkill, each steerable too.

So 4 hard completion ticks on one run. I wonder if it'll make me suffer when I try to get to the dark room?

e: turns out they made it hard for me on a couple of runs, but then triple-shot dr fetus and a chaos card let me sneak the win in. I was down to my last heart so that card really pulled my rear end out of the fire.

All challenges and hard modes done, but haven't unlocked The Lost. I'm not sure I care.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 4, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

CJacobs posted:

A boss on the first floor of the whole game should not have a brimstone attack. It's just mean. Thankfully though it's not hard to avoid but man what a dick move.

At least he winds up with the Brimstone, that bullet spread is the real problem, you gotta be more instant in dodging than the attack that actually does come out instantly.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Just spawned as Eden with no red hearts, 1 damage, kamakazi, and a tear shot speed increase item. I want my Eden token back. :(

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
Just had a weird bug where after finishing womb 1 the tube to womb 2 was invisible. This continued until the lamb. When I beat the heart only the cathedral was visible.

I then beat the lamb with Maggy for the first time and the achievement notice was blank. It shows that I beat the lamb on the note, but yeah...hopefully Maggy's Faith is available...

Anyone know where I can find a picture of how it looks on the item list so I can check?

Edit: nevermind..got it on the next run

Jewce fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 5, 2015

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
After getting all the lost achievements I feel like loving Neo trying to get all the demon baby achievements by beating mom's heart with all the rest of the characters

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Bug Bill Murray posted:

After getting all the lost achievements I feel like loving Neo trying to get all the demon baby achievements by beating mom's heart with all the rest of the characters

I don't remember that part of the movie...

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Vic Boss posted:

I don't remember that part of the movie...

It was in the Animatrix.

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.
I was able to get a great first run with ??? after picking up a few fire-rate/damage/health boosts, double-shot, and homing holy tears. Found a bible and managed to bible Mom and Mom's heart, and somehow wound up fighting Isaac for the first time. My chain-gun max-damage homing-tears killed him after 2 light shows and I'm the proud owner of the D6!

I'm really loving the sense of being able to pick at the random factor a bit and roll out some nasty items.There are plenty of items I'm sick of seeing and I really don't need +1 HP all the drat time.

Should I have unlocked the chest by now? I've killed Satan and Isaac and don't play without hard activated. I don't want to look it up because I wont be able to restrain the urge to wiki the rest of the game to shreds.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Just play normally, kill baddies and you'll unlock it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Fissurefury posted:

I was able to get a great first run with ??? after picking up a few fire-rate/damage/health boosts, double-shot, and homing holy tears. Found a bible and managed to bible Mom and Mom's heart, and somehow wound up fighting Isaac for the first time. My chain-gun max-damage homing-tears killed him after 2 light shows and I'm the proud owner of the D6!

I'm really loving the sense of being able to pick at the random factor a bit and roll out some nasty items.There are plenty of items I'm sick of seeing and I really don't need +1 HP all the drat time.

Should I have unlocked the chest by now? I've killed Satan and Isaac and don't play without hard activated. I don't want to look it up because I wont be able to restrain the urge to wiki the rest of the game to shreds.

5 Satan/Isaac kills to unlock their respective end floor.

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.
That's good to know. I really want to keep playing but I didn't have a sense for the next carrot on a stick. It tripped me up when the 2 places after Mom's heart only had 1 floor. I'm debating if I should try getting The Lost but I don't want to get trapped down the completionist rabbit-hole.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah don't worry. I've had the flash game for a long while and I don't think I've ever unlocked the cathedral proper, only went there when I got an Angel room after beating mom's heart. Let alone the Chest.

In Rebirth, I recently got Everything is Terrible. It'll take me a while to get whatever the next thing is.

That's because I play casually, just starting a play or two when I have time, choosing whatever character I feel like playing as at that moment, and not thinking too much about unlocks. I can keep doing that until the game stops giving me new things and by that time an expansion will probably be out.

There's no fun in 100%ing the game as quickly as possible for me, and I don't have the time to do that anyway.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Fissurefury posted:

That's good to know. I really want to keep playing but I didn't have a sense for the next carrot on a stick. It tripped me up when the 2 places after Mom's heart only had 1 floor. I'm debating if I should try getting The Lost but I don't want to get trapped down the completionist rabbit-hole.

The progression at this point is to start filling out the Polaroids

When people say 5 satan/Isaac kills they mean with different characters AFAIK, doing 10 runs as Isaac shouldn't do anything for you but Isaacs unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
waka waka is a real fun challenge that presents an alternative style of play while managing to not be obnoxiously hard nor super overpowered