Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember I uploaded an ironman save for dark renown and because he couldn't find what I was taking about I was wrong. I hate every single paradox Dev and my blood boils everytime i see them post.

Even Johan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Err, don't be an idiot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's no way we sent out the game with bugs, failfags :smuggo:.

That said nothing is funnier than the histrionic retards screaming about how it has destroyed the game forever when they can just play it in a week when it's fixed instead.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My lp is on hold until then.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My lp is on hold until then.

good luck

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I would jump in front of the bullet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Here's a cool games post:

It just really hammered home a major flaw which is if your fabricate claims guy is bad you have no way to get a CB unless you just get lucky. At least in EUIV you can tank your stability and declare a no CB war or do other things. The more EUIV I play the less I like CK2.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I think I've declared like 1 no CB war ever

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Here's a cool games post:

It just really hammered home a major flaw which is if your fabricate claims guy is bad you have no way to get a CB unless you just get lucky. At least in EUIV you can tank your stability and declare a no CB war or do other things. The more EUIV I play the less I like CK2.

being bad at a game is a war crime - knuc u kinte

DICKHEAD posted:

most of the gamey starts like knights or byzantium are generally made a lot easier by a day 1 no cb war.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

being bad at a game is a war crime - knuc u kinte

most of the gamey starts like knights or byzantium are generally made a lot easier by a day 1 no cb war.

If you are bad at the game you shouldn't be talking about stuff you don't understand.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

It's probably only useful if you are doing an insane start like Albania or something.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's probably only useful if you are doing an insane start like Albania or something.

I didnt have to do one with Byz but yeah Albania I could see.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I didnt have to do one with Byz but yeah Albania I could see.

I don't even think byz is that cheesy anymore. You can actually play normally and bide your time if you want.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't even think byz is that cheesy anymore. You can actually play normally and bide your time if you want.

Yeah with Georgia and all that crap in the way preventing military access you just do the EU3 era galley spam strategy and bottle them up on the wrong side of the Aegean

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

DICKHEAD posted:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

Yeah with Georgia and all that crap in the way preventing military access you just do the EU3 era galley spam strategy and bottle them up on the wrong side of the Aegean
That's how I did it but it's a lot quicker with a day 1 war to vassilize Serbia.

And I dunno Knuc just tell them why they're wrong instead.

Edit: Actually you probably don't need to do it as the Knights anymore since you can still form Jerusalem after the reformation now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate the CK2 faggots who think there's no way to expand without Fabricate Claims. Try switching to a Catholic Heresy or raising an antipope or claims marrying or anything.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I hate the CK2 faggots who think there's no way to expand without Fabricate Claims. Try switching to a Catholic Heresy or raising an antipope or claims marrying or anything.

Blame Cap'n Andy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Some guy is telling me that the ultimate way to expand is to build holdings and then hand them out to invited claimants so they stay your vassal when you press their claims. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Some guy is telling me that the ultimate way to expand is to build holdings and then hand them out to invited claimants so they stay your vassal when you press their claims. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

That's not the ultimate way but it works if you are desperate. That's how I usually steal neighboring kingdoms just after a dynasty change.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I wouldn't consider myself good at CK2, but how can you be so bad you don't even try anything else besides sitting around waiting for an event to fire?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Fabricate claims is the only way I know of to get a count herbert start going and it's so loving boring that I can't imagine that people just play the game like that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

Fabricate claims is the only way I know of to get a count herbert start going and it's so loving boring that I can't imagine that people just play the game like that.

That's funny because the ultimate pro move in that start is to marry your heir to the Duke of aquintane's daughter.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is really the only way to expand in India at all.
But India is a poo poo place, don't play there.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

This is really the only way to expand in India at all.

*plutonis squints his eyes*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

india is incredibly easy if you know how to go from hindu to expand since they got huge rear end subjugation and can HW muslims or w/e then become jain when factions start getting uppity...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

India sucks really bad.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

India sucks really bad.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

India sucks really bad.

art imitates life

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

india is incredibly easy if you know how to go from hindu to expand since they got huge rear end subjugation and can HW muslims or w/e then become jain when factions start getting uppity...

Yeah maybe but I wanted to play Buddhist because ~*My immersion*~ and the two ways to epxand was through subjugation(which cost 500piety per duchy) and claims.

Anyway

Knuc U Kinte posted:

India sucks really bad.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lots of activity in here, is ck2 playable again?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's funny because the ultimate pro move in that start is to marry your heir to the Duke of aquintane's daughter.

i think last time i did that but then ended up being handed a duchy by the AI king and formed a faction to get elective... then killed the current and next king and they elected me

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

India might be cool if the setup was more interesting. And there was more flavor stuff. Something.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Part of the problem with India is that while most people can conjure up some image of medieval life in Europe or the Middle East, however stereotyped, medieval India is just a blank and there isn't nearly enough flavor in events to make anyone care. That, and its a boring, blobbing hugbox, muslims can never expand into it, and Jains are retardedly good.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I don't think I understand vassal limit in Charlemagne. I was at 36/34 so I transferred two count vassals to two of my dukes, and afterwards I'm still at 36/34. Idgi

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Torrannor posted:

CK2 is actually one of the few games where rape is an acceptable gameplay element.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The few, the proud

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Fuligin posted:

Part of the problem with India is that while most people can conjure up some image of medieval life in Europe or the Middle East, however stereotyped, medieval India is just a blank and there isn't nearly enough flavor in events to make anyone care. That, and its a boring, blobbing hugbox, muslims can never expand into it, and Jains are retardedly good.

It's insanely easy to expand into India as a Muslim actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

DICKHEAD posted:

It's insanely easy to expand into India as a Muslim actually

As a player, sure. The AI seems highly averse to it.