Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Maggie Fletcher posted:

What was in the ricotta container?!?!

An unholy mixture of congealed ground beef, grease, spices, stewed tomatoes, onion, and, actually, ricotta left over from a lasagna a lady friend made me a couple weeks back. I guess I didn't have a big enough pan for her to use the whole recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

What was in the ricotta container?!?!

Cum vase.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
You guys may laugh at waffle irons, but I waffled cinnamon rolls. I wish they were still light and fluffy like actual cinnamon rolls, but good with fruit toppings.

I tried to find something funny on lifehack.com to post, but it's only weird buzzfeed ripoff articles....

Lifehackable to the rescue

Stop pain pain with this tip

Hack your life with a toothbrush, put toothpaste on it and rub it on your teeth!

The Door Frame has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Jan 4, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

"This muscle causes lower pain pain."

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Gestalt Intellect posted:

"This muscle causes lower pain pain."

I know, right? It's bad enough we still have a useless appendix that can kill us if it bursts, but why do we have this muscle in our body that causes us lower back pain?!? :argh:

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Finally, a reason to brush your teeth!

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
When this person puts mildly abrasive paste on a small brush, and rubs their teeth with it, you wont believe what happens next. LOL i'm going to try this!!

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005

change my name posted:

I'm pretty sure this is one of those dangerous "helpful tips!", like the blowing crystals one. Running your microwave empty is a fire hazard.

I used to work in a hospital laboratory, we used a microwave for certain staining procedures. As in, we would put extremely hazardous chemicals in the microwave and heat them up.

One day I was having trouble with one of the microwave stains, and my loving moron coworker told me to try pre-heating it. She'd been doing it for years. Years.

Is it actually dangerous? I know it doesn't DO anything as far as heating goes.

Dumbest person I've ever met in real life, that one.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

I used to work in a hospital laboratory, we used a microwave for certain staining procedures. As in, we would put extremely hazardous chemicals in the microwave and heat them up.

One day I was having trouble with one of the microwave stains, and my loving moron coworker told me to try pre-heating it. She'd been doing it for years. Years.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8766653_running-empty-microwave-ruin.html

Plus the fact that it could exacerbate any cracks etc in the door.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

Considering that the majority of people think that microwaves cook using actual nuclear radiation this is refreshingly silly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sleeveless posted:

Considering that the majority of people think that microwaves cook using actual nuclear radiation this is refreshingly silly.

Do you think this because you've heard people say they're going to "nuke" something when they put it in the microwave? Because that's just a thing people say.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Do you think this because you've heard people say they're going to "nuke" something when they put it in the microwave? Because that's just a thing people say.

No, some people actually believe microwaves do weird poo poo to their food in that retarded hippie radiation/toxins/chemicals sort of way

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tiggum posted:

You never had your mom tell you not stand too close to the microwave when you were a kid or have somebody on Facebook post about the 100% scientific and factual dangers of microwaves?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I once heard that you must only open your microwave after it stops beeping as that's when the radiation will safely be gone. :v:

Or the old urban legend of how some pop star got breast cancer from microwaving her bottles of water. I've never quite understood why someone would microwave water bottles.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TheChaosPath posted:

No, some people actually believe microwaves do weird poo poo to their food in that retarded hippie radiation/toxins/chemicals sort of way

Oh, sure, some people. Some people think that the world's governments are run by lizard aliens. But I don't think the majority of people believe either of those things.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

WebDog posted:

I once heard that you must only open your microwave after it stops beeping as that's when the radiation will safely be gone. :v:

Or the old urban legend of how some pop star got breast cancer from microwaving her bottles of water. I've never quite understood why someone would microwave water bottles.

That second one might actually be true

BPA is a nasty plastic that accumulates very slowly in the body, but can be held on to for weeks or even months in some body tissues. It most commonly mimics estrogen and has a million different effects on the body. One of the prime ways to be exposed to BPA is to heat plastic containers and have the broken down plastics seep into food or drink. That's why you aren't supposed to microwave plastic

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

E: and if you know anything about breast cancer, you know what happens if you are genetically predisposed and are exposed to larger than normal amounts of estrogen

The Door Frame has a new favorite as of 10:00 on Jan 4, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sleeveless posted:

Majority, nuclear radiation. Got it.

TheChaosPath posted:

Some, weird poo poo. Got it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The Door Frame posted:

Lifehackable to the rescue

Stop pain pain with this tip

It's like somebody learned the name of a back muscle and heard that straining it can cause back pain pain and decided they were a genius because that's obviously the cause of back pain.

Had back pain for two weeks now. If only I knew this one weird trick.

E: sitting is not great for your back and stretching can help with pain and stiffness, that's about the extent of it. Everything else in that image is more or less horseshit.

That green dress lady is stretching her triceps. That's not gonna do anything for neck or shoulder pain.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 11:37 on Jan 4, 2015

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Majority, nuclear radiation. Got it.

Some, weird poo poo. Got it.

You sure caught those two people having different opinions.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Had back pain for two weeks now. If only I knew this one weird trick.
Me, too. :(:hf::( There are no weird tricks for us, I'm afraid. Mine may have been "don't wear heels to church on Christmas Eve," but oh well.

Here's a stupid "lifehack" that is really just...the default way to tie a tie.

My spin on this 'hack: Ladies, use this one weird tie-tying trick to tie scarves! MIND = BLOWN

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Stretch by doing push-ups...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Somebody I know has had success with "lie flat on the floor, bring your knees up to your chest and rock side to side", it's what the osteopath told him to do anyway. It doesn't cure it but it apparently makes it manageable.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's because of this thread that I went and got chicken and waffles last night.

Lifehack: never cook, just eat out every meal.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

You sure caught those two people having different opinions.

Haha gently caress, I thought it was the same person :doh:

Unethical lifehacks means steal and commit criminal damage, apparently.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Cakefool posted:

Please, they would notice paint when they inspect the phone, put drops of bleach on it so it destroys the dye

And gently caress that last one, "ruin someone's week by taking all of their prescribed medicine like a deranged junkie". I would call the police so drat quickly if I had a house showing and suddenly all of my ADHD meds were gone

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Lifehack: Don't do things that characters in Chuck Palahniuk novels do.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

Please, they would notice paint when they inspect the phone, put drops of bleach on it so it destroys the dye

No word of a lie that was one of the others, use bleach or Clorox to reset the stickers inside your phone. I imagine someone rinsing their phone in the stuff.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Please just pay the $10 or whatever a month for phone insurance.

Or invest in a water proof case.

Do any of these simple things.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

No way man, I need that $10 for new waffle iron plates, I ruined the last set trying to dry out a water damaged phone :haw:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Now if we can only find an unethical hack involving bread clips, we'll have come full circle. :downs:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cakefool posted:

something something illegal hacks something something like a animal

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Karma Monkey posted:

Now if we can only find an unethical hack involving bread clips, we'll have come full circle. :downs:

Waffle iron your bread clips to allow them to slash tires, somehow

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Karma Monkey posted:

Find a brand that uses dated clips on their loaves but doesn't print dates on the bags. Replace the clips on their bags with ones from loaves you bought previously. Demand a discount for the "stale" bread on the shelf. Get caught on camera, get arrested, get free bread in jail.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Please do not get arrested trying to scam a store out of like $0.30.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Cakefool posted:

Nobody checks small bills for counterfeit, so if you use the materials you already have, and your own time which is free, it's all profit baby!

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Thinky Whale posted:

Lifehack: Don't do things that characters in Chuck Palahniuk novels do.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Meowjesty posted:

Please do not get arrested trying to scam a store out of like $0.30.

That doesn't sound very much like a hack to me! :colbert:

I Am Not Steve
Sep 3, 2011

I Am Not Steve has a new favorite as of 09:59 on Jan 6, 2015

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Popoi posted:

Nobody checks small bills for counterfeit, so if you use the materials you already have, and your own time which is free, it's all profit baby!

You say this but for a summer job I had to mark every.single.bill. And in fact, caught two one dollar bill counterfeits. The first, sure, it was one of their ones so the gave it up and moved on and who cares. The second the guy gave me a one dollar bill image printed on what appeared to be worn down yellow construction paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Barudak posted:

The second the guy gave me a one dollar bill image printed on what appeared to be worn down yellow construction paper.

Lifehack: use your sense of touch and/or sight to spot crude counterfeits.