Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please nobody let radman on the couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wow, two hours of Diddy Kong Racing coming up, right after Banjo Kazooie? Glad to see that everyone at AGDQ still has the worst taste possible

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oh so she was looking for a ride.

She took a train instead.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's actually really really good.

Yeah it's awesome, but gently caress is Kazooie annoying,.

Dizz posted:

:golfclap:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah I dunno if any% is better, but 100% Banjo-Kazooie was not the best.

I forget if they are able to clip through the note doors, but if they can't, they would still need to get 810/900 notes and 92/100 jiggies.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Took Pixeljunk... thanks dude!

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cubey posted:

he did not leave as a result of her cheating on him; he left her stranded there and then she cheated on him.

oops im in GAMES

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rorus Raz posted:

Thanks! Grabbed the Crusader Kings 2 code (but not the DLC).

Nice

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:( Just looked at the schedule and I'm disappointed Bonesaw isn't running anything this year. Him kicking off AGDQ14 with that Jak & Daxter run, a game I don't know anything about, was one of the most enjoyable runs of that year and I actually went back and watched it a second time last year :v:

Dizz posted:

god drat

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
According to five minutes on Google The Prevent Cancer Foundation is a non-profit with revenues of just $5.5 million per year but the top two executives make over half a million a year combined and non-program expenses are nearly a quarter of their budget. :bravo:

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

i went to the other page too and now i see that u are a hosed UP WRONG WEIRDO shut the hell up thanks

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rorus Raz posted:

Thanks! Grabbed the Crusader Kings 2 code (but not the DLC).

I grabbed the DLC. In exchange, here's Speedrunners from this year's AGDQ bundle, since I already own it!

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=8zDsA3v65tzsbVHr

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

:( Just looked at the schedule and I'm disappointed Bonesaw isn't running anything this year. Him kicking off AGDQ14 with that Jak & Daxter run, a game I don't know anything about, was one of the most enjoyable runs of that year and I actually went back and watched it a second time last year :v:

Bonesaw super owns. I think he hitchhiked all the way to AGDQ last year, such an upbeat dude.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Dizz posted:

They laid pipe track all the way to Salt Lake City?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The sponsors seem a lot more intrusive this year

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

theultimo posted:

I was buying the new humble bundle for AGDQ made me realize something: I have a few games to give out. Welp good time as ever, feel free to take em, theyve been sitting for a year or so.

Civ III Complete: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=YNzSxWFACb3rBSPN

Enjoy!

Grabbed Civ III. Here's a copy of Speedrunners for whoever gets it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=xFVFe52ZK642xmE5

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

theultimo posted:

I was buying the new humble bundle for AGDQ made me realize something: I have a few games to give out. Welp good time as ever, feel free to take em, theyve been sitting for a year or so.

Awesomenauts https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MSn5b7C2FakrEvWv

Grabbed this. Thanks!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

beep by grandpa posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but it's also painful on the eyes to me. I was like 13 when banjo kazooie came out and even at the time I remember thinking it is one of the ugliest looking games I've ever seen.

yeah. this was a common problem with the genre. basically only mario 64 and spyro didn't make me want to stab my eyes out, all the rest of them looked like absolute junk.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Up to the Elves posted:

According to five minutes on Google The Prevent Cancer Foundation is a non-profit with revenues of just $5.5 million per year but the top two executives make over half a million a year combined and non-program expenses are nearly a quarter of their budget. :bravo:

You should just not give your money to any charity.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Please have some restraint re speedrunner drama. While there's no big fuss yet, it pisses people off in the thread, and the OP of the thread asked for everyone to avoid it this year.

Thanks friends.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when is it ok to cheat on your spouse?

a.) Never
B.) Only if your ride left
C.) Always
D.) The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games >

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Up to the Elves posted:

Not this again, unless you're intimately familiar with what it takes to run a non-profit.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

HUMAN FISH posted:

Leave your computer on and record the stream with livestreamer when you're out/sleeping, that's what I'm doing.

livestreamer http://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick source -o filename.mp4

It's only like 30mb/minute. Way less if you record on high quality.

edit: I need to see TASbot and it's on at 3 am, that's why I'm doing this

Where is it saving the file? I did a test to see if it worked, but I can't seem to find it, even with a file search.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

Not this again, unless you're intimately familiar with what it takes to run a non-profit.

And if you want a TERRIBLE cancer org, Look up Susan G Kommen. but, this is getting off topic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zoolooman posted:

Please have some restraint re speedrunner drama. While there's no big fuss yet, it pisses people off in the thread, and the OP of the thread asked for everyone to avoid it this year.

It's the most fun part, I suggest punishing the reporters for being buzzkills.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

theultimo posted:

And if you want a TERRIBLE cancer org, Look up Susan G Kommen. but, this is getting off topic.

For real.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you report people on something awful in tyool 2015 then i dont even know

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Gamma Nerd posted:

Bonesaw super owns. I think he hitchhiked all the way to AGDQ last year, such an upbeat dude.

Agreed. He came out of nowhere at SGDQ '13 IIRC and is easily one of the most likable and engaging runners.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Why is that guy on the right holding banana's. Not doing a whole lot for stereo types.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yo, the layout for races even owns. This is great.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
DKR SUX BAD

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This is a great layout, everyone has done a drat good job on the tech side this year.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Agreed. He came out of nowhere at SGDQ '13 IIRC and is easily one of the most likable and engaging runners.

Best 'saw moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58PDTxAUxpk

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Anything interesting happen since the marathon started? I overslept by five hours.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Raioner posted:

Why is that guy on the right holding banana's. Not doing a whole lot for stereo types.

surprise the healthiest looking guy there is holding a nutritous and delicious fruit.. what a stuck up bitch

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Godddddddddddd I need to express again how nice it is this year not having my speakers explode on every applause/laugh break. Great job on the sound setup!!

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

He almost went, and even took donations to go, but decided to not go and instead use the donation money on a new capture card. I do believe this is the first time he's not going to be there in awhile.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Kikas posted:

DKR SUX BAD

And somehow they put it directly after Banjo, which is a nice 5 hour block of lovely boring collectathons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Linux users are so generous.

• Locked thread