Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Did SA2K really melt down over ....Ryan Lindley in this thread last night, and get banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
I don't care what the records say the Chicago Bears were without question the worst team in football this year. Time to start rebuilding.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Guru Yaekob posted:

I don't care what the records say the Chicago Bears were without question the worst team in football this year. Time to start rebuilding.

Nah. The Bears were bad, but far from the worst team. The Bears may have less hope for optimism than those bad teams. But on the whole they were still not the worst.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

There's a lot of rage on the local radio this morning, but I'm not getting nearly enough of a schadenfreude buzz. Where can a girl find some good old fashioned Steelers fan angst?

I'm a fan myself, but yesterday's game was just so shameful. I need help getting through it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Did SA2K really melt down over ....Ryan Lindley in this thread last night, and get banned

Fresno State 59, SDSU 57

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Imagine what would have happened if they had John David Booty in.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Guru Yaekob posted:

The Titans would beg to differ

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

Fresno State 59, SDSU 57

please don't trigger

I just want to talk about football

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Guru Yaekob posted:

Dexo posted:

Nah. The Bears were bad, but far from the worst team. The Bears may have less hope for optimism than those bad teams. But on the whole they were still not the worst.

Metapod posted:

The Titans would beg to differ

It was legit the Steelers. :smithicide:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

It's weird how normal and non-insane he looks without that drat ballcap.

He's like the opposite of Trestman.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
What's up

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

KettleWL posted:

What's up

Welcome. Congrats on not being as incompetent as my team!!!!!!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

please don't trigger

I just want to talk about football

Football? *watches the Bengals score 43 points in four years of wildcard games* Sorry, that's a trigger.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

my cat is norris posted:

There's a lot of rage on the local radio this morning, but I'm not getting nearly enough of a schadenfreude buzz. Where can a girl find some good old fashioned Steelers fan angst?

I'm a fan myself, but yesterday's game was just so shameful. I need help getting through it.
I think that Pitt loss really took away the steam of vitriol from the Steelers losing.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

^^^It's sooooo nice seeing "UH" and "historic comeback" in the same sentence and not be on the wrong end of it for once

As a Texans fan I have to wonder if the Bengals' string of first round exits is karma for Week 17 of the 2010 season, where the Texans needed the Bengals to beat the Jets to make the playoffs but the Bengals just took a nap on the field instead.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Welcome back, Bengals and Lions bros. One of us has to win a playoff game eventually, right?
Oh, and can we have Hue Jackson?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hi guys :( Someone tell me that we're not going to lose Suh, Fairley, and Austin all in one offseason while Raiola, Lombardi, and our TEs remain with the team.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Ramadu posted:

Welcome. Congrats on not being as incompetent as my team!!!!!!!!

That's debatable

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

Hi guys :( Someone tell me that we're not going to lose Suh, Fairley, and Austin all in one offseason while Raiola, Lombardi, and our TEs remain with the team.

Maybe Caldwell will get fired, Austin will take his place, and Suh signs a reasonable contract so he can stay with the team?

Who am I kidding, here's to another losing season. :smith:

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Maybe Caldwell will get fired, Austin will take his place, and Suh signs a reasonable contract so he can stay with the team?

Who am I kidding, here's to another losing season. :smith:

:tbear:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

C-Euro posted:

You are almost assuredly losing Austin unless he doesn't want one of the vacancies. Sorry :11tea:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Part of me thinks Suh crying is a good sign because he probably won't leave to join a lovely team with tons of cap space. But if he cares so much about winning he will also probably not want to play for the Detroit Lions.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Wanvig posted:

It's worth sharing again, but here's an article from October by Kolb himself about dealing with his concussions, what he's doing now, and even surviving a hurricane.

To directly address your comment though, he and a friend own a mining equipment business and he knows he's done playing football.

A page back but I feel horrible for Kevin Kolb. He was one of the most unlucky players I mean he had a gravitational pull for huge hits. The same play that another QB would fall softly on his butt Kolb would somehow manage to get hit helmet to helmet on his temple while flailing helplessly backwards and landing on his ACL.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sorry about your team, Rams

I can't feel especially bad for you though, everyone loves talking about the Jaguars moving and the sooner someone else goes to LA the better. I know the London Jaguars is the new meme but that's just never gonna happen for a million reasons.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers are gonna have 40 million dollars in cap space this year and have to aaddress 4 of the 5 spots on the OL. Should be fun.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
You need at least four to five centers, judging by this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dirt Worshipper posted:

You need at least four to five centers, judging by this season.

Seriously, what team goes through 5 centers and is still in the playoff mix in week 17

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Not a center but I would be ecstatic if the Chargers could somehow get Mike Iupati, if the Niners don't resign him.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Iupati is going to definitely get paid this year.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Overpaid by the Skins. :getin:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

WHOOPS posted:

I'd be okay if the Bills did it. Even if it turned out like last time we overpaid a free agent guard. It's good to see they're still trying from time to time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

commy gun posted:

Overpaid by the Skins. :getin:

This always ends well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Not a center but I would be ecstatic if the Chargers could somehow get Mike Iupati, if the Niners don't resign him.

That'd be cool. We need to resign Dunlap, and Fluker is probably gonna be moved inside to RG. Chris Watt is gonna be on the line somewhere, probably at Center, so we'll likely need to go out and get a RT and LG

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Just wanted to say I consulted with one of the only people I talk about football irl with, my brother, and he agrees that Brian Hoyer is the best option for the Browns at QB in 2015

in other news God is definitely fake, and if not fake then evil

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

WHOOPS posted:

I am ready to move on, I think. Iupati has been great for the approximately fifteen minutes he played this year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when did todd reesing play for the eagles

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

adaz posted:

Statistically Lindley is the worst QB To ever have started a playoff game by quarterback rating. Chart is from Grantland and as they point out all those QBs were from the 70s/early 80s when an average NFL QB had a passer rating of around 64.8. Today the average is 87.1. Adjusted for era then he's god awful and definitely worse than Josh Freeman.

lol i was right

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Seriously, what team goes through 5 centers and is still in the playoff mix in week 17

Steelers last year. Pouncey went down with a torn acl 11 plays into the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i don't think i can watch football anymore, i am dead inside

• Locked thread