Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

rscott posted:

They were still thrash on Ride the Lightning :colbert:
But I'm on a small colonial outpost and it took years to get here, so late 80s doesn't count.

E: Jesus, off all the bands to pick, he picks the one band I hung out for to see live when they came here that I mentioned before.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fo3 posted:

Did you just call metallica thrash metal?
No. Just No.

Uh yeah, they are part of the Big Four with Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax

e- or were so I get your point, in '91 they were solidly still a thrash band, though

e2- also James has great taste in cars

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

There is so much right with this picture. The intake stacks, the coiled exhaust headers, and the massive radiators under the wing :allears:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The anti-Chaparrals.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Canadian hillbillies resurrect a mid-60s shag-van by replacing the windowed slant six with a V8. Hilarity ensues...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Zw9GW2koM

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Canadian hillbillies resurrect a mid-60s shag-van by replacing the windowed slant six with a V8. Hilarity ensues...

You're almost right.

there are no hills in Alberta

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sofullofhate posted:

You're almost right.

there are no hills in Alberta

I dunno, the left side is pretty hilly.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Their blog is awesome AI car poo poo: http://coldwarmotors.blogspot.ca/

quote:

WMC French Car Division, Ardrossan, Ab: The appearance at HQ of yet another shab-tastic five-speed Franco-diesel has apparently pushed the Accounting Division over the edge. The French Car Division's debt / GDP ratio, mathematically unsustainable and climbing for years now, has finally reached it's "hockey-stick" phase, and landed the President in court to defend himself and his favorite Division from the wrath of the Company's calculator commandos.
The list of charges reads like a who's who of bad decisions: DS, CX, 604, 505... more oxidizing continental curiosities than any single company could hope to maintain without concocting some profound pecuniary prevarication.

"The FCD's track record here speaks for itself, I'm afraid," said Agent 313 in an exclusive interview on CBC 2 today, "...there doesn't seem to be any real hope of fabricating some kind of a defensible high ground from which we can ward off these totally accurate- I mean crazy, charges."

If you look closely in some of the "will it run" videos you'll see the improvised gravity-feed gasoline IV made of a pop bottle and the car's radio aerial.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 6, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This dude is cool, IMO. Doing donuts around a police photo van.

quote:

A 52-year-old man was ticketed after he was seen this morning doing donuts in a parking lot by a Boulder police photo radar van and then fled into the visitor's parking lot of the Boulder police station, officials said.

At about 7:09 a.m. today, a photo radar officer in her van was preparing to go on shift when she saw a Toyota FJ Cruiser driving recklessly in the parking lot of Best Buy, 1740 30th St., according to Boulder police spokeswoman Kim Kobel.

According to the officer, the man was speeding through the parking lot, doing donuts and driving over piles of snow created by plows. At one point, the driver reportedly drove at the radar van -- which is unmarked -- and veered around it twice.

Another witness waiting in a car in the parking lot said the driver had been doing this for about 20 minutes.

The photo radar officer called dispatchers, and a Boulder police officer arrived on scene, but the driver of the Toyota fled when the officer asked him to stop, Kobel said.

The officer followed the driver to 33rd Street, where he eventually pulled into the parking lot of the Boulder police station, 1805 33rd St.

At that point, other officers who had been inside the station came out to assist, and the driver stopped the car.

The driver, identified as Richard Lewis, 52, was cited for reckless driving and eluding.

No one was injured during the incident.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I really want a set of those wheels.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

I really want a set of those wheels.
Look like OZs to me

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Look like OZs to me

Yes! They have them in the size for my Audi. Score!

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Thought the sunrise and sunset were nice today.

Sorry for lovely cellphone pics. Didnt have anything better with me.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sadi posted:

Thought the sunrise and sunset were nice today.

Sorry for lovely cellphone pics. Didnt have anything better with me.

Jesus. Could you be any more of a stereotype?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

eyebeem posted:

Jesus. Could you be any more of a stereotype?

It's going to be great when he posts back with a legitimate placard.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Apparently i'm missing something here, what are you guys flipping out about?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

T1g4h posted:

Apparently i'm missing something here, what are you guys flipping out about?

eyebeem is mad that Sadi posted a pic of his M3 parked in a handicapped spot.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Neither of those look like handicapped spots though? At least, not compared to the usual ones I see. They're always painted a very noticeable shade of blue here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm mad because he posted a picture of his car with the sun behind it, meaning the entire car is in shadow and the picture is basically nothing but some colorful clouds.

:goonsay:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Linedance posted:

I dunno, the left side is pretty hilly.

The right side is too, actually

edit: Peace Country is pretty up/down too.

But if this is Ardrossan, then no. There are no hills there. Leslie Nielsen called us Snowbillies. I like that.

edit 2: Yes I like talking about Alberta.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Neither of those look like handicapped spots though? At least, not compared to the usual ones I see. They're always painted a very noticeable shade of blue here.

I was confused as well. Neither of the spots are handicapped. Just end spots pretty far away from the destination. Well with in the lines even. Those I suppose I could be a stereotype for parking away from everyone.

And here's one for xzzy that I think i've shared before that's not in the setting sun and not taking with a low dynamic range cellphone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Okay I'm not mad anymore.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Sadi posted:

I was confused as well. Neither of the spots are handicapped. Just end spots pretty far away from the destination. Well with in the lines even. Those I suppose I could be a stereotype for parking away from everyone.

And here's one for xzzy that I think i've shared before that's not in the setting sun and not taking with a low dynamic range cellphone.

Yeah, I figured that second one was just your typical "End of the parking lot" space, since it had that yellow dashed area indicating the end of the row.

That color is loving beautiful, btw.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Actually it was "I'm going to post some poorly taken photos of my generic BMW in the awesome car thread" that I found annoying.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're both dweebs.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
And that is awesome.

eyebeem posted:

Actually it was "I'm going to post some poorly taken photos of my generic BMW in the awesome car thread" that I found annoying.

I actually looked for the old cell phone pics thread and didnt find it. So i assumed this would be the closest place to post it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Beach Bum posted:

There is so much right with this picture. The intake stacks, the coiled exhaust headers, and the massive radiators under the wing :allears:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The anti-Chaparrals.

It's even crazier looking from the side.

World's smallest race car or largest go-kart, I dunno.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Does that even pass the broomstick test?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol, Can-Am didn't have "rules"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You have to wonder what a modern no-rules racing series would look like.

Is there even a single race series these days that allows active aero?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

MiniFoo posted:

Does that even pass the broomstick test?

It fails the test when you lay the broomstick across the cage, but passes when you use the wing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Like a bunch of corpses being catapulted into the crowd I imagine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Like a bunch of corpses being catapulted into the crowd I imagine.

so you're saying it's a good idea.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Powershift posted:

A dog with racing goggles wheezes and snickers and you are pretty much set from there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dannywilson posted:

A dog with racing goggles wheezes and snickers and you are pretty much set from there.

as long as it involves stalone and not statham, i'm in!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

Winged Supermodifieds use active aero

Hydraulic or pneumatic systems attach from the wings to the frame or suspension. As they go down the straight, the air forces the wings to lay flat to reduce drag. In cornering, the systems force overrides the slower moving air and raises the wing angle to increase cornering aerodynamics.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

eyebeem posted:

Sadi posted:

I actually looked for the old cell phone pics thread and didnt find it. So i assumed this would be the closest place to post it.

Sadi is correct, when IOC first took over the reigns he consolidated a lot of the picture threads into one, and thus the Awesome AI poo poo thread also became the place to post cellphone pics of cool cars, because cool cars are awesome.

Also, since when is a loving bright orange M3 "generic"? If it was just a normal 3 series in black or blue I'd agree, but come on.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 7, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bored and browsing japanese export sites, found this monster of a boring benz.

and a kickin rad van

Powershift fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Koenig is terribly awesome AI poo poo

awesome

awesome

terrible

terrible