Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

ArchetypeBlue posted:

But Patreon does take PayPal? Like, that is what I use.

E: ps Gob, please release book 2 soon so I can throw more money at you.

Maybe it was the mobile site, then? There were no other options for me other than the card info being the only thing that came up :(

edit: oooo there was some text below the big PLEDGE button that said "Or pledge with Paypal"

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If there were more slots you would have my :10bux: - that's one hell of a generous package for that little, or at least in my eyes it is, I don't know what the going rate for Patreons is but it seems like a steal :3:

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.

Gobolatula posted:

I can't decide if I want book 2 to end after this Hellbeast arc or the arc after it. Most likely the latter to be honest. Either way, book 2 is gonna be a lot thicker than book 1. I'll be getting back to work on the extras pretty soon, so hopefully when I have all the comic content ready I'll just be able to shove it into the book, order a proof, look at the proof, smile, and put it up for sale! I suck at estimating the timing of things, but I'll do my best to have it out before summer.

I am totally cool with waiting for that and it sounds like it will be awesome. I am definitely looking forward to have more It Hurts!! on my bookshelf.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Everyone: More money to Gob...NOW!

:homebrew:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Gobolatula posted:

I can't decide if I want book 2 to end after this Hellbeast arc or the arc after it. Most likely the latter to be honest. Either way, book 2 is gonna be a lot thicker than book 1. I'll be getting back to work on the extras pretty soon, so hopefully when I have all the comic content ready I'll just be able to shove it into the book, order a proof, look at the proof, smile, and put it up for sale! I suck at estimating the timing of things, but I'll do my best to have it out before summer.

I think it's super cool you are able to do this creative thing and be supported for it. I really do think this is good and a head above and beyond a lot of stuff out there, and it has a really specific flavor that I can't get anywhere else. I'm sure the logistics are real fun to figure out, but keep rocking on.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I read all of this last week without realizing Gob was a goon, and now I'm gonna throw money at him.
Thanks Gob.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Happy Birthday Gob! Keep on keeping on.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:Skip!:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

man, these poor guys really need to get with the program and become zombies or cyborgs or something if they want to stop getting almost killed. Actually they'd probably still get almost killed all the time, but they'd get almost killed in cooler ways.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

man, these poor guys really need to get with the program and become zombies or cyborgs or something if they want to stop getting almost killed. Actually they'd probably still get almost killed all the time, but they'd get almost killed in cooler ways.

Zomborgs?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Like mother like son...

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Eye would be completely unsurprised if her scouter thingy is actually just plain red plastic over a normally functioning I.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I have read this comic and decided that I like Allison the Beta Israel Zombie the best.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

paranoid randroid posted:

I have read this comic and decided that I like Allison the Beta Israel Zombie the best.

Allison is definitely a fairly developed character. I'm really curious how she will be when this particular arc ends.

I really hope things improve for her.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Playtime :3:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Oh god, Trisssh has become an adorable post-apocalyptic monster-big-sister to the kid.

Gob, you need to promise us that this heartwarming malarkey ends soon, or it'll become yet another a tempting source of crushing tragedy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awww, these two bonding over weapons reminds me of all the times I used to pretend to kill my little sister :3: nothing more magical then siblings blowing each other up with the power of imagination.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I decided to go with a blood drive for my request instead of an Allison vs. Coach Z knife fight.

Edit: Holy poo poo I keep forgetting that we get to make more than one request! One a month! It's like a bribe gift that keeps on giving!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 12, 2015

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.

Here was my request! Pasq and his daddy-o "bonding".

E: I'm totally gonna start calling my old man "Pops McPoprocks" now.

RandomPauI posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo I keep forgetting that we get to make more than one request a month! It's like a bribe gift that keeps on giving!
Wait, wasn't it one sketch per month? Still, one sketch every month is totally gonna add up to a lot of awesome poo poo. I hope it's not too much work for him. (Limiting the number of people he's doing sketches for was definitely a smart idea.)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oops, I got two separate thoughts jumbled up.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This is fantastic :3: Also the faces and onomatopoeia are perfect for "gunfire" and "explosion."

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Told y'all Trisssh is the best. :colbert:

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.

tlarn posted:

Just wait. :kamina: You ain't seen the best yet.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

tlarn posted:

I would legit crowdfund a spin-off where Trisssh and Maddie set off on a motorcycle and sidecar and rediscover post-apocalyptical America.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

I would legit crowdfund a spin-off where Trisssh and Maddie set off on a motorcycle and sidecar and rediscover post-apocalyptical America.

I just noticed Trisssh is pushing her out of the way as Allie slams into the wall.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
In the time after humans, the one most human is...a snake bitch.

It's super cool that gob's patreon rewards involve actually creating more stuff as a thank you, unlike some webcomic people out there.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wicker Man posted:

I just noticed Trisssh is pushing her out of the way as Allie slams into the wall.

:kimchi:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't read any part of this thread except the first half of the first page because I'm still on comic 16, but this post is just to tell you all that I'm pretty sure It Hurts!! is written and drawn by Bryan Lee O'Malley in hell, and kicks rear end.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ragnar34 posted:

Didn't read any part of this thread except the first half of the first page because I'm still on comic 16, but this post is just to tell you all that I'm pretty sure It Hurts!! is written and drawn by Bryan Lee O'Malley in hell, and kicks rear end.

Such wonders you will behold. :allears:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ragnar34 posted:

Look at this dumb idiot who mentioned Scott Pilgrim in here.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Page 100 what the gently caress. Aurora is holy and so is this comic.

Wasabi the J posted:

Look at this dumb idiot who mentioned Scott Pilgrim in here.
Oh good, I tripped over a thread in-joke. Or it'll turn out you all hate that because goons.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ragnar34 posted:

Oh good, I tripped over a thread in-joke. Or it'll turn out you all hate that because goons.

:ssh: Just keep reading. Binge it. OWN IT.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Page 116 has manpregnated me.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Ragnar34 posted:

Man, fun days at school and puppy dog love and mean dads and then reaching page 100. That was good times back in the day. Good times.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's always nice to see a new fan. :3:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Comic 212 begins the countdown until God kills herself.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Never mind, she just said Bofa Deez Nuts. She'll be just fine.

e: 241. This comic. This comic, this comic.

e2: gently caress I finished it. Well, at least it updates three days a week.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 13, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ragnar34 posted:

Or it'll turn out you all hate that because goons.

It's always goons I don't hate Scott Pilgrim, but this is it's own thing and Gob is a 2006 goon.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I completely forgot about this until I decided to flick through some old comics.

It was 100% called in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Literally Kermit posted:

I think it's a little of both, probably. Doesn't want to upset the bro-cart.
This was pages ago but bro-cart sounds like broke heart. Symbolism?!?!

Wasabi the J posted:

It's always goons I don't hate Scott Pilgrim, but this is it's own thing and Gob is a 2006 goon.

2005. :colbert:

• Locked thread