Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Gorson posted:

If I ever get rich I am going to buy a 911 turbo S and post on the most pretentious Porsche forum that I love the 232ci motor but reeeaally wish it was in the front.

Buy one of these then! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_PFM_3200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Friar Zucchini posted:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4835145422.html

Looks like the greatest masochistic way to spend 10K to me.

Ive seen that LR before. I used to work around the corner from that guys house in Old Town Manassas.
It's legit. I don't know if it's $10000 legit, but it's legit.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-albert/iltis-jeep/1039864443?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Not sure why the guy can't figure out what year it is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It was hilarious seeing those little buggers scooting around in the interview.

Those and the sea king really gave away where the movie was made.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wasn't the itlis a VW? I know jeep can be generic vernacular for military vehicle, but you've gotta big up your ad if you want it to sell.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Don't military vehicles have a huge obvious data plate somewhere? Or is that only an American thing?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Why even bother attaching these pictures to your ad? drat

I've been looking for a cheap winter Subaru wagon beater and have, of course, been taking a peek at WRX/STI's just for kicks. I can't believe how much people expect to get for these things. I'm guessing most of them took out some ridiculous loan and couldn't pay it off?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dr.Caligari posted:

I've been looking for a cheap winter Subaru wagon beater and have, of course, been taking a peek at WRX/STI's just for kicks. I can't believe how much people expect to get for these things. I'm guessing most of them took out some ridiculous loan and couldn't pay it off?

The body still looks like poo poo even at that resolution.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Dr.Caligari posted:

I am looking for the same thing (though for more than just a beater) and let me tell you, avoid turbo Subarus if you are looking for a cheap beater. WRX, Forester XT, Legacy GT, Outback XT, I am sure they are great cars but the money they bring is plain stupid. They are always high mileage, modded/beaten to poo poo, rusty, or all three and always expensive.

Non-turbo models can be pretty reasonable.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
10k+ for a 13 year old Impreza. Woot.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah the impression I'm getting from looking at used WRX/STI ads is gently caress it, just buy a new one.
Which means the fact that I want a wagon complicates things :suicide:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Actual gold? Those photos look suspiciously old, but it doesn't appear half bad and mileage if accurate is super low.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1974-jeep-j-10-gladiator-4x4/1043516610?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

360 2 barrel th-440 dana 44
It is in good running condition had some rust and scratches and dents
everything works except the horn. it was my daily driver untill a few weeks ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Tommychu posted:

Yeah the impression I'm getting from looking at used WRX/STI ads is gently caress it, just buy a new one.
Which means the fact that I want a wagon complicates things :suicide:

Yes, anything that's less than four years old with less than 50,000 on it costs literally as much as new. It's maddening. If it's less than 12 years old with less than 150,000 it's at least 10k.

I think I will find an OBS or something as a beater for the next few years until they bring out the next WRX hatch/wagon. Right Subaru? Right? :shepicide:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Wojcigitty posted:

Yes, anything that's less than four years old with less than 50,000 on it costs literally as much as new. It's maddening. If it's less than 12 years old with less than 150,000 it's at least 10k.

I think I will find an OBS or something as a beater for the next few years until they bring out the next WRX hatch/wagon. Right Subaru? Right? :shepicide:

Look for a 92x Aero. I bought my 06 with 58000ish on the clock for 10,750 USD. They generally run cheaper in listings than the WRX.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

slidebite posted:

Actual gold? Those photos look suspiciously old, but it doesn't appear half bad and mileage if accurate is super low.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1974-jeep-j-10-gladiator-4x4/1043516610?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

What is a th-440? I googled it, and only found crimpers. Some variant of the TH400? Or some Chrysler oddball that I've never heard of?

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Raluek posted:

What is a th-440? I googled it, and only found crimpers. Some variant of the TH400? Or some Chrysler oddball that I've never heard of?

4 speed overdrive with lockup transaxle

As in, that thing does not have that and it's probably just a typo of a th-400.

rifles fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 8, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rifles posted:

4 speed overdrive with lockup transaxle

As in, that thing does not have that and it's probably just a typo of a th-400.

I didn't see the second half of this post at first, so I sat here for probably an entire minute trying to figure out how a transaxle would work with a solid rear end pickup. I guess it could mean TH400, did AMC use those? For some reason I thought they used Chrysler autos behind the AMC V8s. TORQUE COMMAND!

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 4, 2020

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Raluek posted:

I didn't see the second half of this post at first, so I sat here for probably an entire minute trying to figure out how a transaxle would work with a solid rear end pickup. I guess it could mean TH400, did AMC use those? For some reason I thought they used Chrysler autos behind the AMC V8s. TORQUE COMMAND!

They used the TH400 until 1979.
That truck looks like a plane ticket buy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Extra posted:

I'm finding it tough to resist this if it's not made of rust. That color :swoon:

At that price, buy it even if it is rust. Replace the heater hoses and smack the owner for only putting two snow tires on a car.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Seriously buy that now. A clutch is pretty drat easy on those cars. I could have the trans out in about 45 minutes.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah, a Miata clutch job is probably the easiest there is. Buy that poo poo ASAP.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/4822663613.html

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 8, 2015

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Showing up to a bro-truck show would be godamned AMAZING.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

gently caress you beat me to it.
I'm not sure what's more :psyduck: the fact that the front wheels have to drag the dualies around or the EIGHT CB antennas.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm not sure what's more :psyduck: the fact that the front wheels have to drag the dualies around or the EIGHT CB antennas.

quote:

smoke stack exhaust

dodge tow mirrors

Sure why not~

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Throatwarbler posted:

Sure why not~

Yeah, that's self aware enough to get a pass. If it had the trunk and back seat area removed to fasten a fifth wheel hitch it would be even cooler.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 4, 2020

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1985-toyota-4x4-truck/1039559571?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
That's gotta be a scam. Or that pic is much older than he's claiming.

e: "no emails will be answered"- someone is getting kijijibombed guaranteed.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 9, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Google the phone number.

Looks like someone got pissed off by their hooker

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Haha oh poo poo, that's mean. I hope she deserved it.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
This is a super rare car (approximately under 200 ever made). Not a bad price either for a rust free SoCal example.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4823189671.html

OmniCorp
Oct 30, 2004

$1,500.00 FIRM

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4836224055.html

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

$1500 obo 89 Ford Probe GT Turbo (Gainesville )

89 Ford Probe GT 2.2l Turbo 5 speed clean title call anytime for info

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/4824073595.html

Kinda tempted. My 3yr old would really love the aesthetics of this car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Probe is one of those cars that deep down I like but can't help but feel pissed off because it was a good concept that ford just half assed like everything else.

Make a FWD sports car? Sure the imports have been doing it for years, but let's base our coupe on Mazda's four door sedan so it seems like the rear half of the car goes on for eternity.

Put a V6 in there? Absolutely, didn't the Taurus have some Super High Output engine made by Yamaha? No forget that let's put the Vulcan in there, 130hp counts as a performance package right guys?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

The Probe is one of those cars that deep down I like but can't help but feel pissed off because it was a good concept that ford just half assed like everything else.

Make a FWD sports car? Sure the imports have been doing it for years, but let's base our coupe on Mazda's four door sedan so it seems like the rear half of the car goes on for eternity.

Put a V6 in there? Absolutely, didn't the Taurus have some Super High Output engine made by Yamaha? No forget that let's put the Vulcan in there, 130hp counts as a performance package right guys?

Pictured: The Four Door MX-6 Sedan the Probe is based on

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Speaking of weird 90's domestic stuff

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4782527040.html

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

PCOS Bill posted:

Pictured: The Four Door MX-6 Sedan the Probe is based on

Completely forgot about the MX-6. It was the same platform as the 626 though.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Leroy Diplowski posted:

$1500 obo 89 Ford Probe GT Turbo (Gainesville )

89 Ford Probe GT 2.2l Turbo 5 speed clean title call anytime for info

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/4824073595.html

Kinda tempted. My 3yr old would really love the aesthetics of this car.

There was one up in st. Pete in November same color, same price, 89 gt turbo. I wanted to go look at it, guy said 2nd gear was bad, and he had a second transmission to go with it. This looks like the same car but with some lovely wheels (I preferred the stock ones), and if it's for sale a month later, I'm assuming something is destroyed. Good luck though, let me know if I dodged a bullet.

E: nvm, the one I was thinking of had the hideous red interior, this one may be different

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

Also featuring FC RX-7 popups!