Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Random question for AI. I bought new tired for the cop car today since the fiat won't be fixed by next week and I'm planning a road trip. Should I mount them on the gold STi BBS wheels I have and toss the poo poo tires and wheels back on and sell it when I get back or just put them on the cop steelies and hope I can get $500 more when I sell it?

How goofy would a cop car be on STi wheels? The will be too tall I'm sure to put on the STi ever, and the outback can't use that bolt pattern or it would be a no brainier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'd wonder if the centre bore was even vaguely compatible. If it works I'd love to see it.

I just dropped enough money to buy another beater on kitty teeth. Worth it though.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holdbrooks posted:

Random question for AI. I bought new tired for the cop car today since the fiat won't be fixed by next week and I'm planning a road trip. Should I mount them on the gold STi BBS wheels I have and toss the poo poo tires and wheels back on and sell it when I get back or just put them on the cop steelies and hope I can get $500 more when I sell it?

How goofy would a cop car be on STi wheels? The will be too tall I'm sure to put on the STi ever, and the outback can't use that bolt pattern or it would be a no brainier.

Cop car on gold STi BBS'es would be baller as gently caress. DO IT.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Oregon Trail chat

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990

Gretchen always dies.

Gretchen always dies.

:colbert:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'd wonder if the centre bore was even vaguely compatible. If it works I'd love to see it.

I just dropped enough money to buy another beater on kitty teeth. Worth it though.

Hrm I didn't think about that. I assume it would be ok since I put the other set of 18's with the star specs from the STi on there for autocrossing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boss told me today that Dec was so profitable that we qualify for profit sharing again. Sounds like I'm getting a $1000 bonus check. Plus my raise, plus the no paying rent soon. 2015 is going to be loving awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

Hrm I didn't think about that. I assume it would be ok since I put the other set of 18's with the star specs from the STi on there for autocrossing.
I'm a little surprised, since the GD STI wheels are a 56.1mm centre bore and Vics are 70.3mm. I think you'd have to hog out the wheel.

If the 18s are aftermarket... generic aftermarket wheels usually have a 70-something centre bore, in which case that should probably work and you should put hub centering rings in when you use them on the STI :)

e: I guess unless the aftermarket wheels are lug centric blah blah

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 8, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Goober Peas posted:

Oregon Trail chat

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990

Gretchen always dies.

Gretchen always dies.

:colbert:

Forget about Oregon Trail, they've got Stunts, aka the best racing game ever.

MOTHAFUCKIN STUNTSSSSSS

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm a little surprised, since the GD STI wheels are a 56.1mm centre bore and Vics are 70.3mm. I think you'd have to hog out the wheel.

If the 18s are aftermarket... generic aftermarket wheels usually have a 70-something centre bore, in which case that should probably work and you should put hub centering rings in when you use them on the STI :)

e: I guess unless the aftermarket wheels are lug centric blah blah

drat it won't work without spacers then. I was going to go get one from the storage unit and test fit but I guessit won't help.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

So many loving cheap cars are dropping into my lap and I'm not allowed to buy any of them.

Ugh. This is the worst. This is why I'm limiting myself to jjjjjaaaagggs, rovers and British poo poo.

Maybe a tractor. I'm still hard after a Cub Lo Boy 154.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Ugh. This is the worst. This is why I'm limiting myself to jjjjjaaaagggs, rovers and British poo poo.

Maybe a tractor. I'm still hard after a Cub Lo Boy 154.

The loving dream Celica popped up 90 minutes away for $1000. Multiple b2200's, a Mazdaspeed Protege for loving peanuts.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

The loving dream Celica popped up 90 minutes away for $1000. Multiple b2200's, a Mazdaspeed Protege for loving peanuts.

Unf. I remember bombing around in high school in my buddy's B2000. We beat the snof out of that poor truck and it kept going.

I still wouldn't mind a rwd celica

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Unf. I remember bombing around in high school in my buddy's B2000. We beat the snof out of that poor truck and it kept going.

I still wouldn't mind a rwd celica

It's an 84 GTS, all black without a hint of rust on the trunk. It's not even on CL yet as the seller is a friend of a friend and the info was passed my way.

Gotta be strong. As it stands I'm fairly certain I'm going to make a run at a Focus RS or if the Mazda rumors have any truth, a MS3 or MS6.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Buy the b2200!!! They are the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

Buy the b2200!!! They are the best.

There have been more than 5 for sale. Can't decide if I want a small truck right now.

Edit: 4 for sale right now, all listings less than two weeks old.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 8, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the only truck I will ever buy is a ute :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

the only truck I will ever buy is a ute :colbert:

Good luck with that in MURICA.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Good luck with that in MURICA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good thing you've got a good career man, finding one that's not a piece of poo poo comes with stupid price tags.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Which would you see first in the wild? GMC Sprint or...

Edit; Ad could use a wizard riding the ram.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 8, 2015

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Also I started watching Black Mirror.

I just watched the first episode.. Goddamn. :stare:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

keykey posted:

I just watched the first episode.. Goddamn. :stare:

I'm watching the second one now. This show is interesting.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Fuuuuuck. Getting in my car to go work out tonight, feel phone slip out of my pocket as I close the door, and crunch, it gets sandwiched between the door and frame. Glass is toast, bottom half of the screen doesn't come on. Probably should have got the insurance.

And to top it off I found out this bourbon I'm drinking isn't actually made in state at the distillery and instead comes from a huge place in Indiana. It's still good though.

jamal fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 8, 2015

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 223 days!)

When did I give up on my gimmick and actually start doing things? I can't remember now.

jamal posted:

Fuuuuuck. Getting in my car to go work out tonight, feel phone slip out of my pocket as I close the door, and crunch, it gets sandwiched between the door and frame. Glass is toast, bottom half of the screen doesn't come on. Probably should have got the insurance.

If you want to send it to me, I'll fix it when I get back.

E: Hell, we can almost meet right now. gently caress 400 miles in this weather though.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 8, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I think this is what I need, willing to try it myself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Mo...measp%3DType%26

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Next door neighbor got new carpet a week and a half ago.

There's been a pile of old carpet and padding piled up in their front yard for over a week. Judging by the pile, they only redid a few rooms.

We had 30+ mph gusts today. Half of that poo poo is now in my front yard, with some in another neighbor's yard, and in the street.

I get it, you got the lowest bidder to do the job, but for fucks sake, you have a SUV in your garage, a mid-size sedan out front, bulk trash pickup isn't for another 2 weeks, and there's a garbage transfer station 2 miles away that will take anything that isn't hazardous waste if you show a current water/trash bill (I've taken plenty of poo poo up there). If the installers were able to fit all of the new poo poo in an early 90s Sentra, you can definitely fit it into your Hyundai, and most certainly into the Acura SUV.

Normally I'm on good terms with this neighbor, but he was a bit of an rear end when I asked him to please collect his carpet from my yard, the hood of my car, and the street.. and there was still carpet in my yard 10 hours later when I got home. So gently caress it, the city has a website to submit code violations/complaints.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 8, 2015

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

jamal posted:

I think this is what I need, willing to try it myself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Mo...measp%3DType%26

ProTip gor DIYers: If you can buy the screen with the frame, do so. It makes a much easier repair with less chance of getting literally broken crap from China.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

More black mirror chat:

:haw:
I dunno, I just finished watching the first episode and I was laughing pretty hard. :unsmigghh:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

West SAAB Story posted:

ProTip gor DIYers: If you can buy the screen with the frame, do so. It makes a much easier repair with less chance of getting literally broken crap from China.

How difficult is it to do the job on a Nexus 5? My screen is intact, but it has a couple of scratches that are bugging the poo poo out of me. It could definitely use a new battery soon too, it's really showing its age (gets charged twice a day due to the constant GPS usage).

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Drove behind a Fiat 500L this morning. Holy hell it's huge.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

some texas redneck posted:

How difficult is it to do the job on a Nexus 5? My screen is intact, but it has a couple of scratches that are bugging the poo poo out!o of me. It could definitely use a new battery soon too, it's really showing its age (gets charged twice a day due to the constant GPS usage).

The 5 is actually a royal pain compared to the 4. You have a few more fiddly side buttons that are literally held together only by the frame. You will probably screw up your proximity sensor if you don't align it exact. The battery by itself ain't nothing.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's what I was afraid of.. and I don't have a backup phone, so if something goes wrong, I'm hosed until I can get it fixed. The power button has been increasingly difficult to get to respond (at least while in the case),so it'll need to be opened up sooner or later either way. It's literally a week out of warranty at this point too. :sigh:

If the battery itself is easy, then I'll definitely swap it myself. I've been thinking of getting one of those portable battery packs that can top off your phone, but I'd rather just fix the issue once and for all instead of carrying chargers everywhere.

I'm giving serious thought to buying either a cheap Nexus 4, or finding a Moto G, just to keep around as backups. Kind of regretting getting rid of the 4 for that exact reason (even though meatpimp gave me more than a fair trade on it). It's one of those things you don't think about until "oh poo poo, there's a crack in the screen, and it's a combined LCD and digitizer, so most of the touch screen is dead now".

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Forget the jag and Saab I should actually buy this right?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2004-mazda-6-diesel-bargain-800-ono/1095584591

Need a decent dd!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

£800 for that just seems too good to be true. Even with the poo poo photos, it looks like it's been wrecked - the hood gaps are different from side to side. But for that price, it's tempting.

Also jealous that we never got the diesel version in the states.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
The way the rear bumper meets the right hand arch looked suspect to me too, but it does have 193000 miles on it and the used car market here is all sorts of weird compared to the US.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

bolind posted:

Drove behind a Fiat 500L this morning. Holy hell it's huge.

They may possible be the biggest cars in the entire world.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

It's so cold out today that they canceled public school. I got lucky with that so I had one of my roommates bring me to work this morning. Hopefully my car is ready this afternoon.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Adiabatic posted:

Just found out that through a rule change or a misinterpretation of the rubric for my Master's program, I will need another 2 years of part-time classes at the current rate I'm going.

fuck2015.gif.

Aaaand I just got glowing recommendations for a huge opportunity at work, from both my manager and the CEO.

I'mConfused2015.gif

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

It's so cold out today that they canceled public school. I got lucky with that so I had one of my roommates bring me to work this morning. Hopefully my car is ready this afternoon.

It's so cold here I seriously got told to stay home from work because we're not going to do anything in this weather. Inclement weather yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My power steering, clutch pedal, shifter, and battery were all really mad at me this morning. Goddamn.

Thermostat works perfectly though, temp gauge got to midrange, then plummeted right back to the bottom again when it opened :v:

• Locked thread