Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

In an ideal world, I guess people wouldn't run their mouth without trying to get informed first, but why hope for that...

You're unironically one of the worst posters in D&D, who would rather run into a thread flinging your smug poo poo around and dance around any counterarguments with :smug:'I guess you should inform yourself':smug: than actually make any sort of meaningful contribution. Please consider loving off forever, thanks. This goes for anyone else who does this poo poo too.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

matrix ripoff posted:

As much as goons cry about Obama being depicted with a smoke, why does Boehner get a pass when he's drawn as smoking?

Boehner said he loves smoking and drinking and will never stop. Obama said he quit.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Stultus Maximus posted:

Boehner said he loves smoking and drinking and will never stop. Obama said he quit.

Is there a source?

edit: I know Obama's quit smoking but did he said he'd quit drinking?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

matrix ripoff posted:

Is there a source?

No, Obama did not say he quit drinking. Boehner, however, said his love for smoking and drinking was strong and he wouldn't give either up even to be president.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I have nothing else to add other than that the shooting -really- shook me up today. Like, drat.

Godspeed, my fellow cartoonist comrades :smith:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

matrix ripoff posted:

Is there a source?

Don't you know this is the wrong week to pick for quitting smoking, drinking, amphetamines, sniffing glue?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

e: woops, this was already posted

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
In honor of recent FCC news:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Comically Incorrect

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

snakeandbake posted:

Can we please stick to posting retarded opinions in cartoon format please.

"Which party's in headlines now for child sex slaves and bestiality?"

I hate to ask anyone to gaze into the abyss for my twisted amusement, but can someone explain what in the everloving gently caress he's going on about?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Of all the things that bother me, the Obama campaign sticker does the most. He's not even running anymore! And why is there a net over the computer!? What the heck!

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Mm, feels good to let out a good ol' "gently caress Off, Branco" after all the bullshit today.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Sandpuppy posted:

"Which party's in headlines now for child sex slaves and bestiality?"

I hate to ask anyone to gaze into the abyss for my twisted amusement, but can someone explain what in the everloving gently caress he's going on about?

Probably something related to the allegations against Alan Dershowitz and Prince Andrew about some international elite child sex slave ring.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

KillerQueen posted:

Of all the things that bother me, the Obama campaign sticker does the most. He's not even running anymore! And why is there a net over the computer!? What the heck!

"Net" neutrality, get it? *hurr hurr* (It's bad you see)

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Stultus Maximus posted:

No, Obama did not say he quit drinking. Boehner, however, said his love for smoking and drinking was strong and he wouldn't give either up even to be president.

I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

matrix ripoff posted:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=john+boehner+loves+smoking :milk:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

matrix ripoff posted:

Or you could hear John Boehner tell you himself. The relevant part starts at roughly 1:51:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/jan/24/john-boehner-tells-leno-he-wont-cut-vices-for-tilt-as-president-video

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=obama+loves+smoking :confused:

edit: fukkit I'm being willfully dense; i'm done. sorry

matrix ripoff fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 8, 2015

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

SporkOfTruth posted:

Mm, feels good to let out a good ol' "gently caress Off, Branco" after all the bullshit today.

are you opposed to net neutrality

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Cool and good. posted:

are you opposed to net neutrality

No.. but Bronco sure seems to be opposed to net neutrality.. He seems to think it means Big Government will control the internet.. hence the good ol' "gently caress Off, Branco"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Comically Incorrect
I mean, he clearly knows nothing about Net Neutrality, but he's giving us what he advertised.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I'm just coming in and I'm lazy; what happened to spawn 10 pages in one day?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

two Islamic militant guys shot up a satirical magazine office in Paris. It's very political cartoon related.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Goons having shitfits.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Some Parisian guy named Charlie or something drew a bunch of really racist political cartoons or some poo poo and then 10 people got shot for being racists and its okay because if it was a McCoy it would be okay, so obviously it's okay. Also, you have to be 100% believe that Charlie was a racist who deserved to get capped, or believe that Charlie is the ideal leftist martyr or some crap.

Was this a lazy enough summation for you?

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

Some Parisian guy named Charlie or something drew a bunch of really racist political cartoons or some poo poo and then 10 people got shot for being racists and its okay because if it was a McCoy it would be okay, so obviously it's okay. Also, you have to be 100% believe that Charlie was a racist who deserved to get capped, or believe that Charlie is the ideal leftist martyr or some crap.

Yes that was great thank you

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

SporkOfTruth posted:

I can never bring myself to actually be mad at Branco because he's so flagrantly and boldly wrong that it's like getting mad at a third grader. The other cartoonists either try to insidiously sneak a lie in or are just smug. Branco's just a loud dumbass.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

alpha_destroy posted:

Tl;Dr just tell me who to hate. Should I hate this charlie fellow? I see a lot of people posting the hash tag for "Jesus Charlie!" So I assume Charlie did something bad

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Fried Chicken posted:

Tl;Dr just tell me who to hate. Should I hate this charlie fellow? I see a lot of people posting the hash tag for "Jesus Charlie!" So I assume Charlie did something bad

I think you're mistaken. I believe the hashtag is "Jesu Is Charlie". So I think they are comparing Charlie to the late Christ.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Fried Chicken posted:

You should hate everyone on both sides of this debate. You should hate everyone on earth, because everyone on earth is an unrepentant asswipe. Above all, goons.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Sony is Hawaii?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Time to computer-nuke N. Korea?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

Conservative cartoonists have no idea what Net Neutrality is, all they know is that Obama is in favour of it, so it's bad.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Sony is Hawaii?

A desperate cartoonist who has to meet a deadline. What to draw, what to draw? Ok, Sony is a Japanese company. What do I know about Japan? Godzilla, Pearl Harbor. Now Godzilla is something I can lazy slot into most topics, better save it and go with the lazy Pearl Harbor, that's more niche.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

The fact that people are focusing on the magazine being racist rather than the angry anti Muslim backlash already in progress is the bigger problem. That's really what's behind all theses grasping attempts to explain the attack. Why isn't the focus on that, rather than trying to provide justification for the actions of ideologically motivated murderers.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Don't forget the comic with Obama hip-checking a soda onto a guy's laptop.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

alpha_destroy posted:

My understanding is that the thread has also admitted that we're sexually aroused by witches, or something to that effect.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

A desperate cartoonist who has to meet a deadline. What to draw, what to draw? Ok, Sony is a Japanese company. What do I know about Japan? Godzilla, Pearl Harbor. Now Godzilla is something I can lazy slot into most topics, better save it and go with the lazy Pearl Harbor, that's more niche.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014
So... Are we going to get some actual Charlie Hebdo cartoons in this thread? Sounds like it's a French Kelly. We love that guy. I don't speak French, so I don't know what's good or have any context to add. So I don't feel right just dumping a wall of covers I found off GIS.

If not, that's okay too, I'll just go back to furiously attempting to rewrite Chris Muir's dialog using Photoshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Minister of Justice Christiane Taubira

• Locked thread