Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Pocket posted:

They are giving Astana a license because if they don't they will get dragged in front of CAS and lose.
You can hate on the UCI all you want but I bet this played heavily into their decision. It'd be nice if they didn't bind themselves and finally change the loving licensing rules though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

evil_bunnY posted:

You can hate on the UCI all you want but I bet this played heavily into their decision. It'd be nice if they didn't bind themselves and finally change the loving licensing rules though.

I think they werent expecting this amount of backlash. They're a public laughing stock over this, and I bet more Astana stuff is about to come out the woodwork to make this decision even sillier.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its all kicking off this morning.

Niballi is accusing all the other teams of having the same problems (he's right) while denying he's had any involvement with Ferrari himself.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/other-teams-have-same-problems-as-astana-says-nibali

However Ferrari has come out swinging after the Padova report was leaked. Kreuziger has got a kicking.

He also names Paolo Slongo, Nibali's trainer.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ferrari-responds-to-padova-allegations

This is going to get very, very messy.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

It was the Dutch headwind cycling championships last week :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75b_98q-0c

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

JingleBells posted:

It was the Dutch headwind cycling championships last week :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75b_98q-0c

Dat frothing mouth and whimpering :catstare:

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

It's the lactic acid dissolving his insides.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I'd appreciate it if they wouldn't use sound clips of me on my trainer without my permission in their sweet Dutch wind cycling videos.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Vinokourov is utterly unrepentant and is instead blaming the press for trying to destroy Astana.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokourov-claims-european-press-tried-to-destroy-astana-team

quote:

"The goal is the same – to destroy Astana," Vinokourov said. "They envy us, especially the Italians. Two of the best Italian riders compete in the colours of a Kazakhstani team, and they do not like it. For example, [they don't like] that Nibali rode the Tour of Almaty but did not ride the Tour of Lombardy. They also wanted to see him ride the Giro but he chose the Tour de France because for him the interests of the team come above everything.

He's utter scum.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Vinokourov is utterly unrepentant and is instead blaming the press for trying to destroy Astana.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokourov-claims-european-press-tried-to-destroy-astana-team

He's utter scum.

lol

Yes its def to do with nibali not riding the giro and not the team run by a doper having multiple positives

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
He's got a good idea though. They should burn Astana to the ground, since as long as he's in charge it's clear the culture will include doping. I'm sure if Nibali is clean he can win with some other team.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

He'll get what's coming to him if there's any justice in the world.

I'm surprised the UCI isn't hard at work publicly changing the licensing rules though. With 2 positives in a season you shouldn't get to race the next, and all your samples should get tested.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I forget astana employed contador and Armstrong too

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I forget astana employed contador and Armstrong too

Kreuziger as well.

Vinokourov isn't just a doper, hes an unrepentent doper. He should have been banned from cycling for life.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
SRAM saved from 0 sponsorships thanks to Ag2r:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/12/bikes-and-tech/2015-sponsor-round-up-whos-riding-what_356056
e: make it a link

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 17, 2014

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Will Rotor continue to sponsor Qhebeka-Cervelo or whatever they are going to be called, or only GarminDale?

It will be weird seeing Cervelo bikes without rotor cranks on them after all this time if that's the case?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Garmindale is on shimano/mavic.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:tinfoil: the uci comment

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The scenery in the Tour Down Under will be a bit different this year. Both stage 1 & 3 go through areas burnt by bushfires.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Team Wiggo is going to sell so god-drat much merchandise

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
dear r. porte, I'm sorry about your face

ps.

Your face is fine from a distance

Withnail fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 8, 2015

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Id wear Armstrong poo poo before Wiggins poo poo.

Also about 2 weeks before Christmas I was on my local ride and Richie Porte blew by me like a motherfucker with a chirpy 'G'day' and disappeared totally within a few minutes. His TT championship makes me feel better about myself and gives me a way to delude myself further.

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

So this is reportedly stage 11 in Vuelta a España this year:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Now that's just mean.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

carborexic posted:

So this is reportedly stage 11 in Vuelta a España this year:

There's going to be about 20 riders that finish within the cutoff

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

There's going to be about 20 riders that finish within the cutoff

Surely the first 3 would be climbed at a snails pace since no team would set a tempo that would shed most their riders half way?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Finally a proper mountain stage!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Box Hill Strangler posted:

Id wear Armstrong poo poo before Wiggins poo poo.

Also about 2 weeks before Christmas I was on my local ride and Richie Porte blew by me like a motherfucker with a chirpy 'G'day' and disappeared totally within a few minutes. His TT championship makes me feel better about myself and gives me a way to delude myself further.

I had a women's junior TT champ go flying past me on a hill with her trainer and they were like "hey how ya doin' mate"

Me: huff puff huff fine huff puff huff

Also, saw Sky out on the road today.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Not really a pro anymore but two of the GCN guys absolutely flew past me on a climb a few months back. Laughing and recording bits for the show. I was blowing out my arsehole.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Not really a pro anymore but two of the GCN guys absolutely flew past me on a climb a few months back. Laughing and recording bits for the show. I was blowing out my arsehole.

oh god is GCN the abbreviation for Garmindale?

I'm going to have trouble not seeing "Nintendo Gamecube" every time it's on a ticker. :psyduck:

NGC was neogeo colour before anyone asks.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
He means Global Cycling Network, the YouTube guys.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Oh. Thank Jesus/Vaughters.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also one of the Sky guys turned up to my local supermarket (I live just down the road from the hotel they stay at by the beach) and bought a bunch of ice coffees. :shrug:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

LordPants posted:

Also one of the Sky guys turned up to my local supermarket (I live just down the road from the hotel they stay at by the beach) and bought a bunch of ice coffees. :shrug:

Vanilla, Hazelnut or Diuretic?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
I think it's time to start the year with a new thread, with the seasons almost starting and all.

this years teamkits:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Lotto Jumbo is Belkin and Lotto Squid is Belisol?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Yes, Yellow Lotto = Dutch Lotto and Red Lotto = Belgian Lotto.

Jumbo is a supermarket chain and Soudal produces a lot of building supplies like silicone, caulk and stuff like that.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 10, 2015

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Oleg has taken to trolling his own team i see

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Bottom right. Maybe it won't look so bad when they're on the bikes.

FDJ is also a bit hard to take, although that's just the white I think.