Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

freelop posted:

Asda does a really nice BBQ pizza sauce in a jar and it is cheap too.

Bruv. REGGAE REGGAE is the one. Trust. The oven does magical things to it and it taste amazing. I make the dough from scratch, let it cold rise in the fridge for a few days and it ferments and tastes realllll good. Boozy pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

Bruv. REGGAE REGGAE is the one. Trust. The oven does magical things to it and it taste amazing. I make the dough from scratch, let it cold rise in the fridge for a few days and it ferments and tastes realllll good. Boozy pizza.

Just the regular BBQ table sauce?
I love that stuff but haven't considered using it as a pizza base

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

We don't have jamaican jerk sauce. :( But we do have cheddar, chicken, and sweet chili sauce. I'm pretty sure I could bring in some jamaican jerk sauce and make a pizza of my own after hours, as long as I pay for the (employee discounted) cheese pizza version.. Unfortunately, we don't have habanero sauce of any kind, so jalapenos would have to go with it.

I've had Jamaican Jerk Chicken tacos at a nearby taco place... complete with habanero sauce. The first half of the taco tasted amazing. I'm pretty sure the rest of it did too, I just couldn't taste anything (or feel most of my face).

wallaka posted:

That's a bunch of pizza sauce. Goddamn. I spilled a can of chocolate shell in a Dairy Queen once, but this is an order of magnitude more.

That can of chocolate was probably about a gallon.. This was 8 cans (probably about 1 gallon each), plus 3 cans of water, plus seasoning, all mixed up. I dropped half of the batch. As usual, when I gently caress up, I gently caress up good. This is my first real fuckup at this place. :sigh:

freelop posted:

Asda does a really nice BBQ pizza sauce in a jar and it is cheap too.

We have a fantastic BBQ chicken pizza - but the sauce is Sweet Baby Rays's BBQ sauce (available in any grocery store around here), plus chicken, bacon, and red onion.

It's by far my favorite pizza at any pizza place, but it belongs on thin crust, with lots of cheddar. And I'll probably need insulin afterwards. Totally worth it.

Off topic: went into the Racetrac (gas station/convenience store) across from work last night. Different hair color, different glasses, didn't have a hat on. I'm in there daily, and the cashier I usually deal with noticed something was "different". When I mentioned I dyed my hair solid black, he said "... you did? I thought it was always black." (it's naturally dark brown, with a bit of grey). Mentioned the glasses... "that must be it". Mentioned the hat... "you wear a hat?". Not sure if I was being trolled, or if he'd spent long enough in retail not to notice that poo poo anymore. I know I didn't notice different hats, glasses, or even hair colors, on my regulars when I worked at Whole Foods, even the ones I was on a first name basis with.

e: have a picture of STR catte trying to blend in with an old Pizza Hut pizza bag.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 9, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Going to be a fun commute in today.

I really want some pizza now. Thanks, STR.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

No more drag racing in Russia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30735673

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

freelop posted:

Just the regular BBQ table sauce?
I love that stuff but haven't considered using it as a pizza base

Yup, just the normal glass bottle stuff. We never considered it either until we were making pizza one day and someone asked if we had any sauce handy for dipping. I had some reggae because I love throwing that poo poo all over chicken so we dipped aaaaaaaaaand it was amazing. So brains whirred and we tried a 50/50 blend of regular pizza sauce and reggae. Pretty good. Brains then suggested "maybe just the reggae?" and something beautiful was born. About 6 months later Dominos released reggae pizza and they were terrible, mainly because Dominos dough tastes like cardboard and they overuse corn flour but the sauce tasted like some watered down poo poo.

So that's the tale of how I became an addict and how I make better pizza than a pizza giant.

some texas redneck posted:

We don't have jamaican jerk sauce. :( But we do have cheddar, chicken, and sweet chili sauce. I'm pretty sure I could bring in some jamaican jerk sauce and make a pizza of my own after hours, as long as I pay for the (employee discounted) cheese pizza version.. Unfortunately, we don't have habanero sauce of any kind, so jalapenos would have to go with it.

If you try the sweet chilli one just try the sweet chilli sauce, a reasonable helping of cheddar and some oregano. That's the one I always make first at a pizza party and the one that people ask for more of. It's so simple. Try the jerk bbq sauce one on its own first so you understand what it's doing taste wise, then throw whatever you want on it. Pizza is equal parts art and science.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I did an oopsie at work.

That's... about 3 or 4 gallons of freshly made pizza sauce. Tried to hold the bucket while opening the cooler door. I got the door open.

*words*

Thankfully, I'm not the first to have done this, judging by similar stains on the inside of the cooler door. But it got me kicked up a bit on the shitlist.

I'm sorry but this image made me chortle a bit.

The mental image of you trying to save the bucket as it falls, to the moment of "well drat" once you realized it had fallen.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Holdbrooks posted:

Yep, I left my old job because of this. I was getting paid really well to watch Netflix and play minecraft with goons. But after busting my rear end for 6 years to get a doctorate I felt like I was wasting my potential and losing a lot of knowledge that I'm still paying for.
My job varies but there are weeks and sometimes months when it's like this. Not actually gaming or watching netflix but sitting around just waiting for something to break so we have something to do. Lately there hasn't been a lot of downtime so it's been kind of nice.

We have a fantastic BBQ chicken pizza - but the sauce is Sweet Baby Rays's BBQ sauce (available in any grocery store around here), plus chicken, bacon, and red onion.
I haven't tried Jet's version of this but I make it at home and the place near my parents makes it the same way. My favorite pizza by far. Wish Jet's delivered to my house, Papa Murphys uses terrible sauce for their BBQ chicken pizza. Now I'm tempted to make a pizza or go pick one up after work.

So the reason Advance wouldn't change the battery in the TDI isn't because it might take longer than 30 minutes like the online chat person said. They don't do some VW's, BMW, Merc and others because there is a chance the whole car will flip out and won't start. I'm guessing it's rare and happens if you do something stupid like short to ground or hook it up backwards but it's just to cover their asses. I ended up just disconnecting everything then had the guy do the lifting so I didn't gently caress up my back more. Car started right up this morning with no hesitation though it helps being 20 degrees warmer than yesterday morning.

I've already locked the thermostat and put a physical lock on the gas fireplace, now it looks like I'm going to have to confiscate the space heater. It was cold (for TN) yesterday, I get home and the house is a loving sauna. Brother's wife is playing video games in a bath robe with 2 space heaters going full blast a few feet in front of her. That or they need to start paying utilities, last month was the highest bill I've ever had and I can't wait to see how much this month is with me out of town for two weeks.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

e: have a picture of STR catte trying to blend in with an old Pizza Hut pizza bag.

There will be more car catte photos in 2015. Particularly because catte strangely enjoys hanging out when I'm under a dumb jeep.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

:golfclap:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

LloydDobler posted:

Weather chat: Is there anywhere in the country that hovers between 50 and 80 degrees year round with less than 50% humidity? Because I think that's where I want to live. The closest thing is San Diego isn't it?

Santa Barbara, CA.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Another day at the office the morning after a freezing snow storm...

Waiting for the lock de-icer to work its magic before opening the back gate:

Picture does it no justice, this loving thing wouldn't budge for a while.

My work area after the first car of the day:

I like to save my cold wake-up shower until after I get to work. Loaded with road salt and grit, of course. :suicide:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

:master:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
God, I don't miss that a bit.

The best part for me was having a car drive into my bay, getting into the pit and having a ball of slush the size of my head land on me. Then pulling the filter and it splashes boiling hot oil everywhere. Burned from one side, frozen from the other... sometimes at the same time.

Motronic posted:

gently caress you and your Florida weather.

(please send me some. PLEASE.)

Says everyone who has inherited someone else's code.

The compile errors are because most of the dependencies are still on his workstation. You really thought you could compile this somewhere else?

All code is terrible. This is what we do.

At least I leave fun comments in mine.

It isn't THAT bad... at least I have all the code.
List of sins, non inclusive, I'm sure I'll find more:
none of the include files are #ifndef shielded at all. One of them has an (out of date, naturally) instructive list of header files and .c files and says exactly which order they must be included in to prevent catastrophe, except none of the files I've looked at have the same order, or even the same order as each other.
.c files are #included in several places.
a .h file has a lot of variables defined in it. Except the guy knew that would cause everything that includes it to end up with the same symbol and the linker would get mad, so he made up his own preprocessor symbol that is an empty macro if you don't have another preprocessor symbol defined, but otherwise is macro'd to "extern". Then only defines the conditional preproc symbol in main.c, and used his custom preprocessor symbol (DECLARE) as a variable type for every variable he created in that .h.
magic numbers everywhere.
dead, completely out of date code everywhere.
none of the comments reflect anything presently in the code, it's all several revisions out of date.
random poo poo added to random system header files and parts of the (not supposed to be modified, you're supposed to put your customizations in another file) stock RTOS kernel files.
functions created in random .c files and not prototyped in their .h files, but through some combination of compile/link order and deep preprocessor magic, it compiled when I started and took several hours of hacking away at it to make it compile again when I removed a completely unrelated include.
Switching two #include lines abruptly resulted in several hundred errors about missing or multiply defined symbols.
he uses enums a lot where he could use a list of macros much more clearly and efficiently.
he hardcodes RTOS process ID numbers by doing a #define PID <number> at the top of each file and an #undef at the bottom. i.e. there is no central place for them to all be defined and no guarantee there aren't duplicates, and the same macro means 20 different things in 20 different files.

I need a goddamn drink. Glad I'm going through this pain all at once to rip everything I actually care about out of this codebase and redo it from scratch at this point, because it's awful and I now understand why it was maddeningly unstable and impossible to debug when I was trying to treat it like a maintenance programmer a year ago. I never looked at all this backend poo poo then, just the code for the individual RTOS tasks.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
As boring and mindless as it is at my current job I don't mind it at all. There's a whole lot worse for a lot less pay.

So I make it my goal to antagonize any and all management. I'm getting to the point where they don't allow me to do my own air brake tests or put my train together. They hate it because on my inspections I always find things wrong or broke, and it clogs up the works for hours on end.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sprinkler system froze up and burst a pipe in one of the buildings at work. I was in the mechanical room that it burst in less than 5 minutes before it happened, so I just barely missed getting an unexpected freezing cold shower. Hooray for the little things.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Took the 2WD pickup in the snow an hour to the job site. Cop blocked off the road 5 min away. No 4g for GPS so I back tracked to the shop and took the highway. Got stuck behind 3 plows all the way there.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Never bring your kids to work when you work in a shop...

First i had to try to explain (or lie) why i burst into laughter when i opened a box containing an invoice an a jar of lube. I jokingly told one of our part vendors that the next time he gave me such a rape of an invoice he atleast should supply lube...

he even charged the loving high temp lube...

Then i had to leave the boys with a tech for a couple of minutes. My son later told me that the problem with the bus was because "it had been rear end hosed by a dildo busdriver" i hope he wont learn the meaning of that in at least 10-15 years.

luckily i managed to bribe them with cake and soda for their silence before my wife picked them up.

i also drove the Lancia to work today, my wife has the G wagon while the kid hauler is getting mended on warranty.

and for those playing along at home, i had a CT done yesterday, and the biggest tumour i have had shrunk by approx 15% since i started radiation

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I just got an invitation to complete my "personality profile" for one of the upcoming team building workshops, so I can know what kind of person I am and learn to accept the disabilities of other people.

It didn't actually give me the result when I finished.

There are only four possible results as well - that seems like a subtle and well-thought-out way to differentiate the diversity of humanity.

:golfclap:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I just got an invitation to complete my "personality profile" for one of the upcoming team building workshops, so I can know what kind of person I am and learn to accept the disabilities of other people.

It didn't actually give me the result when I finished.

There are only four possible results as well - that seems like a subtle and well-thought-out way to differentiate the diversity of humanity.

Undoubtedly some manner of Myers-Briggs personality sorter that only first year psych students and upper management that has been to a seminar place any value on.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mafoose posted:

Grass is always greener.

I was talking with another goon about this yesterday. I should have just been a computer janitor (I had a few different certs in HS). My friends who do this are making really good money, as long as you're in academic or government type stuff.

I need to get into government/academic PC janitoring. Outsourced corporate PC janitoring is challenging, but not in a good way. I like fixing things, not dealing with SLA timers and all the bullshit involved in not actually working for the people your trying to help.

Masterful pun aside, what the everliving gently caress, Russia? Your accident problem isn't due to gays and crossdressers, it's due to the fact that most of your drivers are aggressive, untrained, and batshit insane.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Motronic posted:

Undoubtedly some manner of Myers-Briggs personality sorter that only first year psych students and upper management that has been to a seminar place any value on.

Management even thinks this is a joke. To distill everyone down to only 16 types of personalities is a crock of poo poo. The latest management methodology du jour is SCRUM, previously it was waterfall and agile. Although I do sort of want a SCRUM cert only so I can scratch out master and write in LORD.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fjelltorsk posted:

and for those playing along at home, i had a CT done yesterday, and the biggest tumour i have had shrunk by approx 15% since i started radiation

I'd post a thumbs up smiley here but I'm phoneposting so you'll just have to pretend I did.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

88h88 posted:

I'd post a thumbs up smiley here but I'm phoneposting so you'll just have to pretend I did.

Got it. :thumbsup:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

keykey posted:

Management even thinks this is a joke. To distill everyone down to only 16 types of personalities is a crock of poo poo. The latest management methodology du jour is SCRUM, previously it was waterfall and agile. Although I do sort of want a SCRUM cert only so I can scratch out master and write in LORD.

4 types in this one, apparently. It's definitely not Meyers-Briggs.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

88h88 posted:

:thumbsup:

Posted from my iPhone 6

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

HotCanadianChick posted:

:thumbsup:

Posted from my iPhone 6

:c00lbutt:

Posted from my rMBP

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm annoyed with all this management philosophy and the next big thing poo poo. What ever happened to "show up do your job and go home"?

But that died with all the corporate cheerleaders that work in these places. Not trying to hate on my co workers but I see them enough. I like to spend time pursuing my hobbies and poo poo, not posting how awesome my CEO is on Facebook. (Which would cut your rear end if it would make them $10 richer)

Edit: not bitter or cynical at all.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

Yup, just the normal glass bottle stuff. We never considered it either until we were making pizza one day and someone asked if we had any sauce handy for dipping. I had some reggae because I love throwing that poo poo all over chicken so we dipped aaaaaaaaaand it was amazing. So brains whirred and we tried a 50/50 blend of regular pizza sauce and reggae. Pretty good. Brains then suggested "maybe just the reggae?" and something beautiful was born. About 6 months later Dominos released reggae pizza and they were terrible, mainly because Dominos dough tastes like cardboard and they overuse corn flour but the sauce tasted like some watered down poo poo.

So that's the tale of how I became an addict and how I make better pizza than a pizza giant.

Picked up a pizza base and the hot version of the Reggie reggie sauce. Loaded with prawns, ham, some sort of polish sausage, olives and chilli cheese.
Let's hope it works out well

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Rhyno posted:

It's an 84 GTS, all black without a hint of rust on the trunk. It's not even on CL yet as the seller is a friend of a friend and the info was passed my way.

Gotta be strong. As it stands I'm fairly certain I'm going to make a run at a Focus RS or if the Mazda rumors have any truth, a MS3 or MS6.

drat you and I are one the same page man! :hfive:

I'm watching for new of the RS too and if it ends up being AWD there is a 95% chance it'll be my next car. And for RWD Celica's, that was actually on the top of my last when I was project car hunting a year and a half ago, but they were all either too expensive, clapped out our both. That's how I ended up with a slightly rusty 2002 ti homage because it was the 'affordable' option.

Man I hope the RS is AWD :ohdear:

Tommychu posted:

Found out I've got a SIX DOLLAR GODDAMNED RAISE, as of next month
Wow, so you can actually make decent money at this poo poo. Was having my doubts after 2 years of making less than I was doing tires. Also gently caress my old service manager in the rear end with a rake, I was supposed to have this ten months ago but he deferred and hosed up my apprenticeship papers in about 6 different ways before quitting and leaving his replacement to clear it all up.

Six dollars an hour? drat dude, nothing like a $12,480/yr raise! Congrats! Are you going to get any of that back pay?

fjelltorsk posted:

Yayyy! :banjo::dance::horse::neckbeard::sax:

Motronic posted:

I still don't understand the popularity of the personality test with more recent HR departments, at least for professional/technical positions. But I guess it does probably succeed in filtering out the low intelligence sociopaths so that you only get smart sociopaths.

keykey posted:

I typically will make fun of sigma six agile black belt whosawhatsit stuff that feels like it's one step removed from being on a late night television informercial, but my team adopted some of SCRUM about two and a half years ago in part by having a 15 minute collaborative meeting every morning and if you're given flexibility in how you implement it, it can be nice. For us it ends up being a forum to talk about challenges, issues, resolution and plans and has ended up being a great way to educate my newbies, get the veterans to make sure they're sharing knowledge (and work) and make sure everyone is on the same page before any meetings that day.

So I guess maybe I drank the kool aid a bit, but only because it smelled and looked nice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

When the owner of your company tosses you the keyfob to a BMW i8... you don't ask questions, you just go. :stonk:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Mat_Drinks posted:

I typically will make fun of sigma six agile black belt whosawhatsit stuff that feels like it's one step removed from being on a late night television informercial, but my team adopted some of SCRUM about two and a half years ago in part by having a 15 minute collaborative meeting every morning and if you're given flexibility in how you implement it, it can be nice. For us it ends up being a forum to talk about challenges, issues, resolution and plans and has ended up being a great way to educate my newbies, get the veterans to make sure they're sharing knowledge (and work) and make sure everyone is on the same page before any meetings that day.

So I guess maybe I drank the kool aid a bit, but only because it smelled and looked nice.

Having a short morning "open" meeting is hardly a new idea, regardless of what you call it or which management school/dev religion you got the idea from (which also obviously didn't create the idea).

These kinds of things just seem like new idea in the it/software dev field because the field itself is still in it's infancy and is primarily staffed by young people who have never been in another line of work.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Try all techniques. Keep aspects that are useful. Throw away ones that aren't. Do what works for your business, not what adheres to a checklist in some bible somewhere. Don't feel smug about being a ________ compliant company. Mock buzzwords mercilessly.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

When the owner of your company tosses you the keyfob to a BMW i8... you don't ask questions, you just go. :stonk:

Go onnnn...

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Big dumb F150 wouldn't start this morning, and jumping it didn't work. I really hope it's just the battery, but I'm having my doubts. :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Clearly BMW is playing with the sound in that thing because I honestly had no idea it was only a three cylinder after I got out of it, it sounds like anything but when you lay into the throttle. The battery was pretty well drained and I only took it for about a three mile drive, but... yeah, I could live with a hybrid future like that. Getting out of it is a bitch and a half because the doorsill is so tall.

More than anything else the best way to describe the power delivery is "smooth". The only thing about the car that was a little jerky is trying to navigate at super-slow parking lot speeds. They dialed the 'automatic creep' a bit hard for my liking but I'm sure it's something you get used to with time.

Believe me, I would not turn down some time in that car on a proper road, instead of the midday freeway next to work.

The only thing the car is missing is a ridiculous lumpy idle, which it will never really have.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
No, but they could just pump one in through the stereo.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Clearly BMW is playing with the sound in that thing because I honestly had no idea it was only a three cylinder after I got out of it, it sounds like anything but when you lay into the throttle.
I got next to one in traffic a while ago and I really wasn't expecting it to sound like it did when the guy took off. They did good and drat is it a beautiful car. Shame the i3 is so fugly.

President is in town, I forgot until I go to leave work and the road is blocked. Sat for 45 minutes then they let us go. Thanks Obama! I was surprised by all the people sitting along the road waiting to see him go by. I guess I just don't see the appeal of watching him drive by.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 9, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

angryhampster posted:

I'm sorry but this image made me chortle a bit.

The mental image of you trying to save the bucket as it falls, to the moment of "well drat" once you realized it had fallen.

That's why I posted it. :v: I'd rather be able to laugh at a fuckup instead of kicking myself over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

My mom's 2011 GLK 350 had both low beams go out within a day of each other, so I got to experience the joy of changing them. The assemblies are placed in such a way that the whole process has to be done entirely by touch. That wasn't a problem at all on the driver's right-hand side, but the left has so much piping and wiring running through it that it was nearly impossible. I dropped the bulb in the assembly housing more than once, and since you have mere inches to move around, it became an I hour-and-then-some ordeal trying to fish it out and re-insert it. drat my giant gorilla hands. There is a special place in hell for the person who designed this clusterfuck.

• Locked thread