Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Cubey posted:

Yeah they provided a bunch of equipment for the practice areas.

Oh well that rules then, go those guys. I still don't really know who they are, but go them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tracula posted:

Should totally :toxx: that.

It'll turn into the flaskfucker thing all over again, where the hat/shoe is made of food.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AHungryRobot posted:

How in the gently caress can you not like Metroid Prime?

by having extremely bad opinions

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There's that marathon luck!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cubey posted:

by having extremely bad opinions

Or being Sakomoto.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Marathon luck is the best.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rirse posted:

Or being Sakomoto.

well he also insists that other m's story was really good so i stand by what i said :colbert:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Takoluka posted:

It'll turn into the flaskfucker thing all over again, where the hat/shoe is made of food.

Werner Herzog ate his actual shoe so I think that it's definitely possible :colbert:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

As somebody who in my youth dicked around with a lot of the speedrunning tricks in Metroid Prime, they're not joking about how loving tough it is to navigate the out-of-bounds region.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The last day will be gigantic for donations. FFVII, OOT, Super Metroid, even Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are pretty big draws

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheQat posted:

The last day will be gigantic for donations. FFVII, OOT, Super Metroid, even Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are pretty big draws

also friendly reminder that even if you don't like ff7/jrpg's in general, the ff7 run they are doing is a must-see. it owns.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Flaaghra scared the crap out of me as a kid. Its tiny mouth face just looks really drat weird.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Cubey posted:

also friendly reminder that even if you don't like ff7/jrpg's in general, the ff7 run they are doing is a must-see. it owns.

Yeah, usually when they can complete massive RPGs in a couple hours, as compared to like seven or eight, there's going to be some crazy poo poo going on.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Swan Curry posted:

$2000 seems like way too much for an incentive like Pokemon Green

Two bad final fantasy let's players have gotten $3000 + in one month of patreon for trying to play through most of the FF series

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Saving animals is canon but so is Other M so I don't know why anyone would use that justification.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
My personal Metroid canon is 100% speedruns of each game because Samus owns
Shows up, loots the place, blows the planet up, back in time for dinner

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Man, the Trials Evolution run is completely insane, and the runner makes it look so easy that nobody realizes when he's pulled off crazy poo poo.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I suddenly remembered that someone made a thread in YCS that was goldmined immediately, that just said "I hosed Samus Aran but her hymen was still intact because I sequence broke".

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I didn't know Chris Tomlin was a fan of Metroid.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

One cool thing to look forward to in coming months is that Dolphin (the Gamecube/Wii emulator) is now working in official Nvidia 3D support. So that's Metroid Prime in stereoscopic HD for starters.

All they need to do is hack in some manual camera controls and you've got Metroid Prime Trilogy in VR. Dunno about you lot, but I'm carrying a bit of a nerdboner for that concept.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I haven't played prime in a while, does anyone remember when you would normally get the space jump boots? I've never seen prime speedrun before and this run is pretty sweet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really hate Thardus

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dominic White posted:

One cool thing to look forward to in coming months is that Dolphin (the Gamecube/Wii emulator) is now working in official Nvidia 3D support. So that's Metroid Prime in stereoscopic HD for starters.

All they need to do is hack in some manual camera controls and you've got Metroid Prime Trilogy in VR. Dunno about you lot, but I'm carrying a bit of a nerdboner for that concept.

Did they ever fix the black bar issue in Prime 2 or the slowdown you get near Ridley in Prime 1?

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

flatluigi posted:

they have over $150k from the humble bundle that hasn't been donated yet and a large amount of donations come in on the last day

check out the stats:
http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq14/
http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

Wow I had no idea how much viewership had gone up. AGDQ14 had an overall peak of 110k viewers, AGDQ15 is regularly hitting 130-140k each day, with a current peak of 170k during Boshy.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I just realized Samus is wearing robot sneakers. This is really bothering me.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
This Metroid speedrun sure is saving those frames.

(Unless it's just me)

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Mr E posted:

Did they ever fix the black bar issue in Prime 2 or the slowdown you get near Ridley in Prime 1?

Not checked lately, but their last few big dev-blog posts reported huge speed improvements on some games, so if not yet, then it's only a matter of time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dominic White posted:

Not checked lately, but their last few big dev-blog posts reported huge speed improvements on some games, so if not yet, then it's only a matter of time.

I figure it'll be fixed soonish since they recently got huge problems fixed (for the most part) with Rogue Leader and Paper Mario among many others. I love how transparent the Dolphin team is as well, it and PCSX2 are two of the better projects I've seen regarding emulation.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Spelling Mitsake posted:

This Metroid speedrun sure is saving those frames.

(Unless it's just me)

It's a tad stuttery for me too at points.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
PCSX2 is actually a bit of a mess, according to one of my friends who's a programmer on the team. He's said large parts of the core need to be completely re-written and the devs have no idea how to tackle the issue. Additionally, the main graphics plugin programmer left the project a while ago and the devs apparently are completely clueless as to how to work on it in his absence. PPSSPP is reportedly a much better handled project.

DARPA Dad fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 9, 2015

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Nibble posted:

Wow I had no idea how much viewership had gone up. AGDQ14 had an overall peak of 110k viewers, AGDQ15 is regularly hitting 130-140k each day, with a current peak of 170k during Boshy.

Being on the front page of Twitch means that it is pulling in a lot of people who wouldn't have tuned in had it not been advantageous to do so. Plus speedrun marathons are becoming more popular.

Was hoping for a non-OOB Prime run but this is still a good way to have woken up today.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dominic White posted:

Unfortunately, Metroid Prime in VR makes you violently ill.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
:rip:

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
What issues? I din't see anything.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

I had fun reading of the donations

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

DARPA Dad posted:

PCSX2 is actually a bit of a mess, according to one of my friends who's a programmer on the team. He's said large parts of the core need to be completely re-written and the devs have no idea how to tackle the issue. Additionally, the main graphics plugin programmer left the project a while ago and the devs apparently are completely clueless as to how to work on it in his absence. PPSSPP is reportedly a much better handled project.

Well, I'd be inclined to agree with that then, and PPSSPP is great. Both are better handled than every single N64 emu though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

AstroWhale posted:

What issues? I din't see anything.

It was laggy as poo poo for me at least

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

I had fun reading of the donations

stream died after you left. i dont think it was a coincidence

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Hakkesshu posted:

It was laggy as poo poo for me at least

Same here and now it is dead :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"Man, the Metroid Prime run must have sucked. Look at that traffic drop!" - someone in the future

• Locked thread