Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:stare:

Well, there's a fuckload of damaged genes. Of course, being Chinese during the Cultural Revolution meant that damaged genes were the least of your worries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm loving the D&D thread, funniest thread on the forums right now. A bunch of dumb college kids who have never had to worry about their right to free speech being abrogated saying that free speech is overrated.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

orange juche posted:

Could be worse, had a guy in japan run for Diet on the platform that he was literally the Messiah, and the Nazis were right, he claimed his opponent was also at personally at fault for everything that is wrong with Japan since his birth. I could see a candidate in the States running on the platform that his opponent is everything that is wrong with America, and perhaps even maybe Hitler wasn't an entirely bad guy, but I don't see anyone getting a seat in Congress on the claim of them being the Messiah.

The first candidate who walks across the reflecting pool will win in a landslide.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This poor guy kind of exemplifies the typical mentally ill, lashing out at the world for their own hosed up situation kind of poster:

quote:

I don't really have my own bed after being evicted a couple months back, and I find it's best to stay awake until the tiredness overwhelms the pain, but thanks for the concern, buddy :ironicat:

It's sweet how you looked up all my posts like that.

a lot of these people are in desperate need of help and it's not hard to tell through their posts even when they don't explicitly say so

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
If I didn't have a bed the first thing I would do is sell my computer/phone and get one.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

This poor guy kind of exemplifies the typical mentally ill, lashing out at the world for their own hosed up situation kind of poster:

a lot of these people are in desperate need of help and it's not hard to tell through their posts even when they don't explicitly say so

d&d?

i liked the thread where some dude was posting about being in prison for drug related crimes and all these goons were like 'wow even though you're a criminal you seem pretty intelligent and coherent' almost as though they thought that all crims are just dumb thugs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yeah the charlie hebdo thread, one of the most prolific angryposters

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm loving the D&D thread, funniest thread on the forums right now. A bunch of dumb college kids who have never had to worry about their right to free speech being abrogated saying that free speech is overrated.
Every time you start talking about your preferred pronouns I'm going to slam you in the with a bamboo rod, after several times we'll have a discussion about the value of free speech.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The supermarket dude said some choice poo poo before he got smoked

quote:

"You pay taxes, so that means you agree" with France's actions in Mali and the Middle East, the apparent gunman says in the recording.

"But we have to pay," another voice says.

The response from the apparent appeared incredulous: "What? We don't have to. I don't pay my taxes!"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/world/france-market-shooting-scene/index.html

Paying Taxes also another reason to justify being shot by some savage.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Bolow posted:

I've heard this logic before (minus the getting shot part) used in real life and it is hilariously stupid.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Bolow posted:

The supermarket dude said some choice poo poo before he got smoked

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/world/france-market-shooting-scene/index.html

lol holy poo poo

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Sometime in the last few years free speech became a "Republican"thing people hide behind and therefore bad.

To be fair, in the last few years a lot of the people who have suddenly found cause to defend free speech aren't really interested in free speech, they're interested in protecting speech that's directed against the bad people (usually brown and not Christian) while freaking the gently caress out if anyone ever says anything bad about white people/Christianity.

See also, the people who are screeching about free speech/expression in the wake of Charlie Hebdo but were cheerleading the French hijab ban just a few years back. Both are attacks on freedom of expression (and arguably the latter is a more serious infringement on freedom of expression since it was enforced against millions of citizens by a government with the full weight and power of the state behind it as opposed to the actions of a few violent extremists targeting a dozen people.)

I'm not trying to defend the Charlie Hebdo attackers nor am I saying their actions were in any way justified by the hijab ban or anything else...but if you think the motivations of the people involved here in the free speech debate are as simple as "one side is completely for unrestricted free speech for everyone against anyone and the other just hates us for our freedoms" you're really missing the larger context.

e: And yes, before we get sidetracked on violent vs non-violent I fully recognize that the utilitarian consequences of taking someone's life isn't at all comparable to banning someone from wearing a headscarf. When I say "more serious infringement" I'm talking about the larger concept and theory, not the utilitarian impact.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 11, 2015

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
loving lol at the pictures of the french terrorist woman that show her posing with a small crossbow. It was in loving Syria, how hard can it be to find an AK?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As if you are gonna give your house cat an AK

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

iyaayas01 posted:

To be fair, in the last few years a lot of the people who have suddenly found cause to defend free speech aren't really interested in free speech, they're interested in protecting speech that's directed against the bad people (usually brown and not Christian) while freaking the gently caress out if anyone ever says anything bad about white people/Christianity.

See also, the people who are screeching about free speech/expression in the wake of Charlie Hebdo but were cheerleading the French hijab ban just a few years back. Both are attacks on freedom of expression (and arguably the latter is a more serious infringement on freedom of expression since it was enforced against millions of citizens by a government with the full weight and power of the state behind it as opposed to the actions of a few violent extremists targeting a dozen people.)

I'm not trying to defend the Charlie Hebdo attackers nor am I saying their actions were in any way justified by the hijab ban or anything else...but if you think the motivations of the people involved here in the free speech debate are as simple as "one side is completely for unrestricted free speech for everyone against anyone and the other just hates us for our freedoms" you're really missing the larger context.

e: And yes, before we get sidetracked on violent vs non-violent I fully recognize that the utilitarian consequences of taking someone's life isn't at all comparable to banning someone from wearing a headscarf. When I say "more serious infringement" I'm talking about the larger concept and theory, not the utilitarian impact.

Free speech only if I agree with it please.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Der Spiegel is reporting that Syria might be working on an underground nuclear reactor.

Time for Israel to load up some -16s again, it's playtime!

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/evidence-points-to-syria-still-working-on-a-nuclear-weapon-a-1012209.html

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

thetechnoloser posted:

Der Spiegel is reporting that Syria might be working on an underground nuclear reactor.

Time for Israel to load up some -16s again, it's playtime!

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/evidence-points-to-syria-still-working-on-a-nuclear-weapon-a-1012209.html

Like even if they dumped literally everything they had into building a nuclear weapon aren't they like a decade or more away from an actual usable weapon that's small enough that it can be transported by something besides by train?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Syncopated posted:

loving lol at the pictures of the french terrorist woman that show her posing with a small crossbow. It was in loving Syria, how hard can it be to find an AK?

how many times you think that broads been airtighted since her arrival in isisland?

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

Like even if they dumped literally everything they had into building a nuclear weapon aren't they like a decade or more away from an actual usable weapon that's small enough that it can be transported by something besides by train?

Oh, for sure, I'd imagine, but that didn't stop the Israelis last time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Orchard

Note, this is separate from the one where they blew up the reactor in Iraq (Osirak?)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Israelis have bunker busters. If Assad tries to build some retarded underground reactor, they'll blow the gently caress out of it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Use a nuclear bunker buster. Just say there was already fuel down there and nobody will question the fallout plume. :getin:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Use a nuclear bunker buster. Just say there was already fuel down there and nobody will question the fallout plume. :getin:

Risk Assessment: High Chance of Awesome

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
CNN reporting terror cells activated in France, per the word of a jerk who didn't pay his taxes and tried to triple jump his way out of the store into first place at the Jihad Games (he finished after a man who raped a girl who had the audacity to not be a boy he could rape)

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how many times you think that broads been airtighted since her arrival in isisland?

nah. vaginal intercourse is for procreation...so she's got that as a release valve.

But her rear end? Yeah, that's been stretched beyond recognition by now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=064QkrMATW8

well we can rest easy everyone, 4chan and reddit are on the case

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Well, they can embalm her, ship her back, and the mud-people can have some extra holes to gently caress so they don't have to stand in line.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Lol ok

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/europe/charlie-hebdo-paris-shooting/

This should be fun

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=064QkrMATW8

well we can rest easy everyone, 4chan and reddit are on the case

Well will shut down your social media which will somehow directly result in you all dying. We don't threaten you with violence, because it's weird outside and we're kind of scared of it.

This is our vengeance.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qK5ETmfP8

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Europe gonna be wild in the coming years.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

JSARSOM posted:

Europe gonna be wild in the coming years.

The Red Army Faction will always have a special place in my heart. Yeah, these guys are willing to go out in a blaze of glory, but the first generation of the RAF managed to pull off a coordinated mass suicide inside a maximum security prison.

... or did they :tinfoil:

Every generation is the first one to think they discovered sex, and urban terrorism I guess.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

not caring here posted:

Well will shut down your social media which will somehow directly result in you all dying. We don't threaten you with violence, because it's weird outside and we're kind of scared of it.

This is our vengeance.

Didn't they also back down after the mexican cartels were like no seriously we'll loving kill you

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

justice4trayvawn posted:

Didn't they also back down after the mexican cartels were like no seriously we'll loving kill you

Whoa, didn't hear about this.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

WarpedNaba posted:

Whoa, didn't hear about this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1SzmM_blog.html

who knows what is actually true, maybe i remembered it incorrectly

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

justice4trayvawn posted:

yea i think a couple mexican anon dudes got kidnapped and then they all pussed out

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

not caring here posted:

This is our vengeance.

I laughed too, but anonymous is taken pretty seriously by the DoD apparently, and for what it's worth I know NSA beepsqueeks that love their Guy Fawkes and Eddie Snowedin. So who knows, maybe they'll be able to dox the gently caress out of some sleepers or something and pass it to the right people or some poo poo and help schwack a few savages, I dunno?

Would make for an interesting episode of Law and Order SVU imho.

:colbert:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm munch btw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dibs on lenny briscoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm Ice T because I sit around and talk poo poo but don't really do much.

• Locked thread