Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Didn't that guy also wear brony shirts half the time?

Also: people who bring stuffed animals and wave them around, also uncomfortable to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
I mean I know that Blueglass looks kind of :spergin: with his laugh and stuff but he seems like a cool guy once you got to know him, even if a little easily excited.

But Chibi just is a straight up awkward gently caress with no boundaries.

Agent355 posted:

Also: people who bring stuffed animals and wave them around, also uncomfortable to behold.

Blueglass? I don't think so. The Starcraft II runner did, though. He also shows off his pony plushes (ughhh) when he's streaming.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

Shirts? Pretty sure he only wore like 1 or 2 shirts for the entire event :gonk:
But yeah, totally brony stuff.

e: though, I guess *GDQ is basically Autismopolis, which explains a lot of this stuff.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Akett posted:

Wind Waker is runner up for worst Zelda? Lot of absolute fuckers donating.

pretty sure it's mostly to gently caress with cosmo :ssh:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
blueglass is kind of a dork yeah but he's an incredibly nice and supportive guy so if you don't like him gently caress off

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

There's a followup where the runner explains that the guy was a random who invited himself to the couch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rUzA8O_aQ

Also a followup from Chibi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtPIGdd3mpo

"I have autism, aspergers, add, depression and anxiety"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poultron posted:

blueglass is kind of a dork yeah but he's an incredibly nice and supportive guy so if you don't like him gently caress off

sshhh, it's okay we're not talking about your waifu.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
am I the only person who thinks this Zelda run blows

there's being entertaining because of a few bugs and exploits, like the Majora's Mask run, and then there's a 4 hour run that becomes completely disjointed with constant warps and glitches, on top of no 'real' commentary or banter from the couch.

are medallion/stone/trial runs completely loving broken like this now too, due to the abudance of glitches that have been uncovered? I remember watching them a few years back and they were really entertaining.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

HUMAN FISH posted:

autism, aspergers, add

Which one of these is the A in AGDQ again? I forgot.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Does anyone know whatever happened to TSA? He was the runner that started The Hylia and tried to hold every Zelda record for a long time in the early 2000s.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Blueglass? I don't think so. The Starcraft II runner did, though. He also shows off his pony plushes (ughhh) when he's streaming.

Nah I was referring to that balding guy who was in the background so often during last summers SGDQ, I don't know if he was a runner or not.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Minrad posted:

am I the only person who thinks this Zelda run blows

Nope, all Zelda runs blow.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cubey posted:

pretty sure it's mostly to gently caress with cosmo :ssh:

or because it has the worst required section in any zelda game ever

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

They should have gotten the guy that ran F-Zero GX as the finale because that was masterful.

Zelda just trudges along too much.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Zelda is fine. A 100% run is not.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I still think this run would be fine if the couch wasn't basically dead.

IcePhoenix posted:

or because it has the worst required section in any zelda game ever

Nah you're thinking of Phantom Hourglass. You have to redo the same dungeon every time you complete another one.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Bring back another 4 hours of tetris.

Actually dont, because my heart couldn't take it.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

def think that 100% was a dumb idea. It just goes on too long.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Shoulda been a low% swordless all Medalions no OoB race.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

My friends for whom this is their favorite game ever are enjoying the run and are staying up way later than they normally do for it, so I dunno.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Agent355 posted:

Bring back another 4 hours of tetris.

Actually dont, because my heart couldn't take it.

Well, if you must know, KevinDDR is streaming right now, so you could have that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah you're thinking of Phantom Hourglass. You have to redo the same dungeon every time you complete another one.

I didn't play that one but I refuse to believe it is worse than Fishing Simulator: Hyrule Edition

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
agdq needs more weird categories like RBO super metroid and poo poo.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Five posted:

My friends for whom this is their favorite game ever are enjoying the run and are staying up way later than they normally do for it, so I dunno.

I still enjoy it at least. It's not my favorite and I think getting some non-zombies to sit on the couch would make it way better.

Kung fu jesus, wake up, sit on the couch and do color commentary.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Poultron posted:

Tomba owns but that was super awkward. Honestly at least during the times I've been awake there actually hasn't really been anything that bad at all, which is pretty impressive.

Someone wore a shirt with that on the back and awkwardly positioned himself in front of Caveman after one of his runs. The look on his face was one full of confusion, like a dog looking in a mirror.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Good finale ideas:

Big Jon
Tetris
Bromance% Vanquish
TASbot (although I can see why it'd not fit the finale of a non-TAS marathon)
Super Metroid
Shovel Knight

Bad finale idea:
6+ hours of Zelda

I can dig a good any% OOT speedrun, but I just have no interest in the 100% run. I can see why people like the game though, and I suppose it is a speedrunning staple like Super Metroid so...

VV: That too. And, importantly, Super Metroid lasts an hour, hour and a half tops. This year it was 100% and took 1:19, for example. But this Zelda run is 3 hours in, to a total of almost 5. And there was the child dungeons thing earlier, which might have been cool? Still a total of 6+ hours of OOT.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 11, 2015

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
It doesn't help that OoT has been done to death, honestly. Super Metroid gets a pass for enabling the whole kill/save the animals thing.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

HUMAN FISH posted:

Nope, all Zelda runs blow.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this.

Blueglass annoyed the hell out of me my first gdq but he's grown on me. It's hard to hate on his enthusiasm.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Comrade Question posted:

It doesn't help that OoT has been done to death, honestly. Super Metroid gets a pass for enabling the whole kill/save the animals thing.

Also for not being 5 hours long.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Good finale ideas:

Big Jon
Tetris
Bromance% Vanquish
TASbot (although I can see why it'd not fit the finale of a non-TAS marathon)
Super Metroid
Shovel Knight

Bad finale idea:
6+ hours of Zelda

I can dig a good any% OOT speedrun, but I just have no interest in the 100% run. I can see why people like the game though, and I suppose it is a speedrunning staple like Super Metroid so...

There were all sorts of really great runs this year but not one of them (that I can think of) was of a game that we see run every time.

I'm wondering if it isn't time to put a few of the old favorites to rest every other run and focus more on odd ball games that we don't see often.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Serperoth posted:

Good finale ideas:

Not starting at 1am

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Zurreco posted:

Does anyone know whatever happened to TSA? He was the runner that started The Hylia and tried to hold every Zelda record for a long time in the early 2000s.

TSA got caught splicing his runs a long time ago and has long since been blacklisted.

It was easy to cheat back in the day of segmented runs and no live streaming. Since then people like Cosmo and ZFG have gone back to look at old SDA "approved cheat free runs" and discovered that whoops, they were faked.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Zurreco posted:

Is this a joke post? He is a notorious splicer who was run off once SDA finally looked at the evidence.
Cosmo once streamed the OOT run and provided commentary. It's comical how many times he had to reset*.
People realized he spliced fairly early on and there are some embarrassing posts on SDA defending him basically out of celebrity.

*You can spot a reset from the pause menu. Your first pause always goes to the map screen, but every other pause returns to the last screen you saw.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
You motherfucker

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is this a joke post? He is a notorious splicer who was run off once SDA finally looked at the evidence.
Cosmo once streamed the OOT run and provided commentary. It's comical how many times he had to reset*.
People realized he spliced fairly early on and there are some embarrassing posts on SDA defending him basically out of celebrity.

*You can spot a reset from the pause menu. Your first pause always goes to the map screen, but every other pause returns to the last screen you saw.

Also music ques were ever so slightly off between loading zones, proving that there was a splice.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

:smith:I don't like this game

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Reset! Reset!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Serperoth posted:

Good finale ideas:

Zoo Race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQT_LtwDPw&t=60s

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Audience is being lulled to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Still slightly better then the usual massive RPG finale, I guess?

• Locked thread