Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

I hate comedy #RAW

— Lance Storm (@LanceStorm) May 7, 2013

This explains everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
New Sin Limite is up! First part is 90 minutes, the other is 140!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AfterFather posted:

This explains everything.

When it comes to Raw i agree with Lance

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

New Sin Limite is up! First part is 90 minutes, the other is 140!

First 30 minutes of the second part is hot roller derby talk

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

mariooncrack posted:

Does Lance Storm like anything? He always seems to be criticizing everything.

quote:

Lance Storm @LanceStorm · 39m 39 minutes ago

Absolutely LOVED @AJStylesOrg vs Naito from #WK9 added bonus the ref was my old friend Uno from WAR

quote:

Lance Storm ‏@LanceStorm 7m7 minutes ago

Nakamura vs Ibushi also bloody fantastic #WK9

Even Lance had to like those.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is going to come as a shock to all of you, but the latest Talking Shop is hilarious. I think my favorite bit was the story about AJ's hairy little belly.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
After listening to Bryan and Granny argue, the word 'Contest' no longer means anything anymore!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Crossover!!!

The Punchsport Podcast and the Pinfall Panic podcast have JOINED FORCES!!!

For one show. Awful Jack and I spent a couple of hours going over our PSP award ballots, and then talking about what we expect to see in 2015.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jerusalem posted:

This is going to come as a shock to all of you, but the latest Talking Shop is hilarious. I think my favorite bit was the story about AJ's hairy little belly.

I went back and watched that match again and it's up there with Yano making Okada and Nakamura crack up at the 2013 G1 press conference.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ch3cooh posted:

I'm so happy.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

ch3cooh posted:

:neckbeard:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

60 minutes into Sin Limite 2 and they're on the 3rd question because they're derailing so hard on Japan history.

Also for anyone who keeps track of this, when Dave first mentions wrapping the show up there's 25 minutes left.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 12, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I only got 20 minutes of Roller Derby I feel lied to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The fan cam of Vader/Mutoh G-1 semi final with the first pillow riot is on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRBCoXAjOtU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

Also for anyone who keeps track of this, when Dave first mentions wrapping the show up there's 25 minutes left.
That is really late.
I think the record is just over 50 minutes.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
that sin lamentay was really good. taka mikinoshu

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That is really late.
I think the record is just over 50 minutes.

The record is saying "we should wrap it up" in part one, if i remember correctly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spermgod posted:

that sin lamentay was really good. taka mikinoshu

Sin Lamentay is my favorite broadcast colleague of Dave's

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

epitasis posted:

Sin Lamentay is my favorite broadcast colleague of Dave's

semp and dave are quite kawaii together and have a level of chemistry that i wish everyone save alan had with everyone. i like listening to them nerd out over things.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I barely know what roller derby was in the historical sense and it was still really fun to listen to.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

semp and dave are quite kawaii together and have a level of chemistry that i wish everyone save alan had with everyone. i like listening to them nerd out over things.

Yeah, I've only heard two of their shows (so roughly 17 hours of content!) but they're really fun to listen to, and come across more like two guys who happen to be very knowledgeable discussing a variety of fascinating subjects.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This week's Observer back issue is the first part of the Montreal Screwjob coverage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan has a weird idea about how the real world works if he thinks in a real fight the natural reaction of a combatant accidentally hitting a guy's girlfriend is to get down on his knees and beg off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave reading that question about Hogan's appearance on Jericho's podcast was hilarious.

"Did this really happen? Well I don't know the details of what went down but.... no."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The fan cam of Vader/Mutoh G-1 semi final with the first pillow riot is on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRBCoXAjOtU

Japan hated Vader. When he won his first IWGP title, you could hear audible grumbling come from the dead quiet crowd.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan has a weird idea about how the real world works if he thinks in a real fight the natural reaction of a combatant accidentally hitting a guy's girlfriend is to get down on his knees and beg off.

If I hit Mil Muertes' girlfriend I would be booking flights out of the country.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I would immediately do just that. Not in a "please don't hurt me way" but in a "oh christ I didn't mean that oh Jesus no" kind of way.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I can't figure out exactly why it is, but it's undeniable that there is something about Maivia that makes an excellent heel. He and Shamrock both did a great job in this match, which started out kind of weak but ended up being fairly good.

Yeah I dunno either Dave? :shrug:

But seriously, I think there comes a point where he starts feuding with Farooq and that's when it's really clear he's special.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pisscast guys, what is the song you opened your show with? I need more songs about getting freak nasty to play at my orgy this weekend.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Defiance Industries posted:

Pisscast guys, what is the song you opened your show with? I need more songs about getting freak nasty to play at my orgy this weekend.

It is an unknown song from an unknown rapper handed to SaberToothedPie on a blank CD that didn't have any meta information, and despite a line off the first track telling you to follow this mystery rapper on Twitter, he appears not to list said Twitter anywhere. It is the ghost of mixtapes. I ripped Pound Town because, well, it's a masterpiece, but there's like 25 tracks on the piece of poo poo. Could rip it all if you'd like.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm intrigued by the possibility of a rip. Also that way Google will stop thinking I'm looking to take a black dude to pound town.

e: plus that song deserves to be running wild and free on the Internet.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 13, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Austin found one of the missing Heyman podcasts! :woop:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"New Japan on AXS is the best wrestling show I've ever seen.

Full disclosure: I just watched raw before this so take that into account..."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bryan legit cracked Dave up today, it was awesome.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
An hour of Paul Heyman telling us how great Paul Heyman is, so far.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Dave telling Bryan that his most important duty in the event of his death is to stop Eric Bischoff delivering the eulogy was fantastic.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Am I the only one who feels kind of bad whenever the Talkin Shop guys talk about the fan who buys Gallows' gear?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Am I the only one who feels kind of bad whenever the Talkin Shop guys talk about the fan who buys Gallows' gear?
Is it you?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

I love how uncomfortable Gallows gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

An hour of Paul Heyman telling us how great Paul Heyman is, so far.

So what you're saying is it's an hour with Paul Heyman

• Locked thread