Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Being in the military teaches you just how prudish most people are. Once you get used to being surrounded by a forest of dicks just to get clean day after day body image just ceases to be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

also sometimes those people all have loaded weapons and they are all overtired
So really, boot camp is like 10 weeks of high school gym class with automatic weapons.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Being in the military teaches you just how prudish most people are. Once you get used to being surrounded by a forest of dicks just to get clean day after day body image just ceases to be a thing.

When the other two guys at your urinal have to pee just as bad as you do, so all three of you are blasting porcelein and your collective piss-mist tickles your wrists like tiny golden snowflakes.. that's brotherhood.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Willy Pete posted:

So really, boot camp is like 10 weeks of high school gym class with automatic weapons.

so its just high school today

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Victor Vermis posted:

When the other two guys at your urinal have to pee just as bad as you do, so all three of you are blasting porcelein and your collective piss-mist tickles your wrists like tiny golden snowflakes.. that's brotherhood.

it's not real brotherhood until you've drank a bottle of your buddy's piss.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

so its just high school today

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'd probably do high school again before I'd go back through boot camp/mct

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Internet Wizard posted:

I'd probably do high school again before I'd go back through boot camp/mct

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fucitol posted:

is this b/c the af ti would be the one holding the camera, trying to get everyone to get in frame, and saying "cheese"?

b/c lol

If it was really that difficult to figure out I can explain :thejoke: for you.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Willy Pete posted:

Not really because you got to go home from high school, boot camp was retard mode 24/7 for the full 9 weeks, or in my case 16 because I was extra dumb and did a job which had combined basic and AIT for 16 straight weeks of fun in Ft. Knox.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Willy Pete posted:

i describe boot camp as a really unfun summer camp

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

justice4trayvawn posted:

i describe boot camp as a really unfun summer camp

Except you might learn about bugs or something interesting useful at summer camp, where as you will learn nothing of use at basic.

Well, you (army) learn how to shoot a gun, but if you've ever shot a gun before then you didn't learn anything.

Some people learn to drive in the army, I suppose, but that is shameful and you should keep it to yourself. They always become terrible drivers.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Godholio posted:

If it was really that difficult to figure out I can explain :thejoke: for you.

thx but I think i'll pass

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

not caring here posted:

Except you might learn about bugs or something interesting useful at summer camp, where as you will learn nothing of use at basic.

Well, you (army) learn how to shoot a gun, but if you've ever shot a gun before then you didn't learn anything.

Some people learn to drive in the army, I suppose, but that is shameful and you should keep it to yourself. They always become terrible drivers.

Seriously, what is with Motor T and being terrible, terrible drivers?

I mean I get that if you're in Motor T you are by default a retard, but god drat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

USMC503 posted:

I mean I get that if you're in Motor T you are by default a retard, but god drat.

My late grandfather was a trucker. Back in the olden days, the IDF would commandeer people's vehicles, and trucks were particularly sought after: he would insist on driving his own commandeered truck, 'cause he didn't want those assholes to wreck it. So even my trucker grandad wouldn't trust military drivers farther than he could punt them from the driver's seat.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I learned how to drive in Iraq.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CE decided yesterday was a good day to send several people to qualify for 12 hours at an outdoor range, it was -10 to -5 yesterday. A few of those guys now have frostbite on their faces.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Master Bateman posted:

We had a kid come to us near the end of our deployment in Baghdad. He had never driven before, never had a license. Someone decided to shove him into the driver's seat of the lead humvee on his very first day on patrol. I'm driving right behind him, he slams on his brakes and somehow puts it into reverse and slams into my front bumper. No one thought to ask him if he had ever driven before, or even check for a license or anything.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

one drill weekend our new CO (who was a state trooper) decided a good training exercise would be to get everyone into their vehicles and practice a convoy in the city our Armory was in. He insisted we all let our antennas flop free, which of course hit every loving tree and telephone wire along the way.
Best part through was making a dude without a license drive a M997 in it. He sideswipped a car along the way. The CO disappeared for a bit and we never found out what happened with it.

Also there was the girl who used the throttle lock in a LMTV as a cruise control and promptly read ended a Lexus on an exit ramp at 40 mph. She was promoted to E-5 a couple months later.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

USMC503 posted:

Transport is pretty loving bad, but having been to the benning licensing centre for a whole month getting qualified to drive buses and poo poo, the license dude easily put the worst drivers as the RTB and 3rd ranger batt. I think it may have something to do with how hooah your job and unit is, telling you that you are special snowflakes blah blah blah.

The old dudes there would tell me all kind of hosed up stories about how a ranger batt CO used to get a SSG and send him out with a bunch of joes for a ride around the block, and the CO would sign off on all their licenses to qualify them to drive pretty much anything. You'd get the usual accidents, but then a couple of morons played chicken with a couple of bluebirds but no one chickened out. 2 bluebirds hosed, both drivers dead and a bunch of injuries for everyone else.

Then you got them racing around on quad bikes on the road like a bunch of idiots who have never ridden 4 wheelers. I personally saw a loving crazy rollover where a dude rolled it over with some speed, and the quad rolled over him, and either he hung on or it dragged him back up and flung him about 8 feet up in the air ragdoll style. He hit the ground in a bad way, I doubt he's armying anything anymore.

I'm not sure what RTB does with their vehicles but we used to share a motor pool so they could borrow our FLAs and humvees if they had to. After a month of not a single vehicle in our motorpool being operable after they hosed them all up, we quit that poo poo immediately.

Master Bateman posted:

I'm sorry the army helped you become a bad driver.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I got my driver badge for the four or five times I drove in Afghanistan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cole posted:

everyone in my unit got a drivers badge except for the one guy who drove into the hesco at the gate at FOB Gabe, when his night vision batteries died

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Cole posted:

Congrats buddy :3:

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 31, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I had to tell a 30 year old who learned to drive in the army what off camber was in regards to a road and why it was a bad thing.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Victor Vermis posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

When you really gotta pee but theres a dude dumping at the time but he opens up his legs to let you shoot the gap...that's brotherhood.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
there's literally a thread for this

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It's a relief that policy here mandates you already have a civilian license before I teach you how to drive poorly. At least I can say I trust my students for whom I made licenses to drive competently and defensively.

Maybe I'm the idiot.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Wait, the Army has a driver's badge?

So it's like a weapons qual badge except for being able to operate motor vehicle?

For some reason this is hilarious to me

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
soldiers need constant positive reinforcement which is why they cover themselves in badges and ribbons and patches and medals and poo poo

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Someone post the picture of Petraeus testifying in front of Congress looking like a Banana Republic/DPRK general.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

iyaayas01 posted:

Someone post the picture of Petraeus testifying in front of Congress looking like a Banana Republic/DPRK general.

You know what they say: dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What's the point of pinning all that stuff on if the lapel's gonna hide half of it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They make L shaped ribbon racks so the ribbons can be seen around the lapel.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Kavak posted:

What's the point of pinning all that stuff on if the lapel's gonna hide half of it?

Lookin like a soviet general, gently caress.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Thump! posted:

Lookin like a soviet general, gently caress.

poo poo looks like a game of tetris goin tits up

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Man, he's the highest ranking idiot here. hosed his own damned biographer. Also, now he's getting in big, big trouble for it. Semper hosed. :patriot:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Got caught loving and emailing about loving his own damned biographer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That's what I was saying. If a gently caress happens in the woods, and nobody else knows about it, did it really happen? no