Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

I highly recommend you try this: Join a match with a tank that has a good amount of hp. Find a random pubbie and insult him before the match starts. Once it does, shoot him just one time. If you're lucky, he will start firing back at you multiple times which will most likely result in him getting a one hour ban. It should make you feel better.

Be sure to say "My bad I alt-tabbed out to check your stats. Whenever I tab back it just fires. No biggie, you are as terrible as I thought."

Then enjoy the fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

I highly recommend you try this: Join a match with a tank that has a good amount of hp. Find a random pubbie and insult him before the match starts. Once it does, shoot him just one time. If you're lucky, he will start firing back at you multiple times which will most likely result in him getting a one hour ban. It should make you feel better.

In other words, drive a tog. That thing is probably a great bait tank for that kind of thing. No armor and lots of hp allowing multiple people to get banned if they get too worked up.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

demonR6 posted:

"Only filthy poors don't fire premium rounds." They love hearing that.

"Gold tank, gold ammo, gold crew, gold camo."

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Ensign Expendable posted:

"Gotta spend all these welfare checks on something."

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

McGavin posted:

What else are you supposed to do when you see a T18 in a Pz II D?

Oh, sorry, I just saw the money spent on ammo and assumed you shot 100% gold in a tier 2.

My favorite troll is "Hey red team, OBAMA, amirite?"

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Hellsau posted:

They weren't CHAI. The P88 and FCM were platooned. The P88 was a furry.

The joke is that they CHAI'd.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Captain Blaargh posted:

"Gotta spend all these welfare checks on something."

No no no no no.

"Gotta spend all these extra-special welfare checks us black people get now that Obama's the president. Don't tell anybody."

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No no no no no.

"Gotta spend all these extra-special welfare checks us black people get now that Obama's the president. Don't tell anybody."

He's a euro though. Just tell him his mod is faulty because you only shoot 110% gold.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

apseudonym posted:

:confused: thats not 30 day WN8 means? Its averaged not summed.

I'm aware. The joke was in how many zeroes we all have :v:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Axetrain posted:

He's a euro though. Just tell him his mod is faulty because you only shoot 110% gold.

"Just bought all this gold from a credit card my 14-year old brother nicked and gave to me. That's the best thing about us Romani, we always get help from our own family".

It will piss off any vaguely right wing euro to no end.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

demonR6 posted:

Be sure to say "My bad I alt-tabbed out to check your stats. Whenever I tab back it just fires. No biggie, you are as terrible as I thought."

Then enjoy the fun.

I am totally trying this one.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Southern Dandy posted:

At least you have that sexy accent.

Nothing less for a gentleman of the south

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Animal posted:

Something to say that seems to incite rage in some pubs: "We are winning because we are better."

When a tomato calls his team rubbish I always tell him to play better and he will win more. Gets the rage going.

Also calling out failplatoons as idiots gets English seekers raging as well

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

nutranurse posted:

I am terrible at this game.

don't play during weekends, the amount of literally pants on head retarded pubbies will drive you insane

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gervasius posted:

"Just bought all this gold from a credit card my 14-year old brother nicked and gave to me. That's the best thing about us Romani, we always get help from our own family".

It will piss off any vaguely right wing euro to no end.

Would work if at least half of the EU WoT player base knew at least decent english. Seeing as "stop speaking like nazis you loving krauts", "why are french people even playing this game, shouldn't you frogs be playing world of surrenders instead?" or "ok, so who else thinks that Putin should annex Poland?" barely get an answer, trolling with words is basically useless on EU.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

WitchFetish posted:

"ok, so who else thinks that Putin should annex Poland?"

drat. That really should have gotten a few responses.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Computer viking posted:

drat. That really should have gotten a few responses.

Have you seen the way the "Siema PL" people play? They are all so bad i'm surprised they can even work a computer never mind learn a 2nd language

Rapier
Apr 16, 2010

That and 100% training,various perks and elite status will work like a charm.

Even in games where you are facing higher tiers.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

What if I told you my mouse is made of gold as is my keyboard?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Rapier posted:

That and 100% training,various perks and elite status will work like a charm.

Even in games where you are facing higher tiers.

I would so pay for a 200% crew. Or at least a 200% commander.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

demonR6 posted:

What if I told you my mouse is made of gold as is my keyboard?

I would tell you mine are made of light and 1980's dreams.

https://vine.co/v/OdjBFObe6VX

Edit for proper tonk chat: The KV-220 worth it?

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 11, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

demonR6 posted:

That should do it. Not that I made that mistake.. nope. Be sure to restart the pc too.

Sadly it did not fix it (even restarting). I seem to crash less, but it's still fairly frequent. :(

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
And here I am, bitching about failplatoons when :stare:

(yes, hes a reroll. I now promise to :worship: you unicums like the baddie I am.)

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Nektu posted:

And here I am, bitching about failplatoons when :stare:

(yes, hes a reroll. I now promise to :worship: you unicums like the baddie I am.)

That's only one tier away from being 'optimal' and a couple of patches ago Luchs saw T8s anyway. It's an amazing T4 scout.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between the KV-220 and the Churchill III, I prefer the Church. The KV is certainly fun because it's super bouncy, but its gun just doesn't have enough pen even with gold to take on teir 6 heavies. Basically, the Church can carry while the KV really can't.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Between the KV-220 and the Churchill III, I prefer the Church. The KV is certainly fun because it's super bouncy, but its gun just doesn't have enough pen even with gold to take on teir 6 heavies. Basically, the Church can carry while the KV really can't.

Lol, wrong.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

I like the KV-220 more. Lets embrace our diversity.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should have said that yes yes yes, the KV-220 is absolutely worth it regardless of how good it is compared to the Church 3.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Have you seen the way the "Siema PL" people play? They are all so bad i'm surprised they can even work a computer never mind learn a 2nd language

"Polska jest stos śmieci dla Moskali na mocz na."

Rough translation: "Poland is a pile of trash for Muscovites to urinate on." If you want to just say "Russians" instead of Muscovites, that's "Rosjan," and "civilized Europeans" evidently makes the translation longer and slightly different:

"Polska jest kupa śmieci w cywilizowanych Europejczyków do oddawania moczu na."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 11, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Exp calculations are loving weird sometimes. Can anyone explain this?

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
^^ I'm thinking Damage blocked might have something to do with it but I have no idea honestly.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
KV-220 are fun to fight against because a lot of their drivers are surprised when you start penning every shot because you shoot the turret instead of the hull.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

Valle posted:

Exp calculations are loving weird sometimes. Can anyone explain this?

Relative tier matters. If the BC was just loving with 9s and the E4 hit/spotted 10s it's totally possible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Zettace posted:

KV-220 are fun to fight against because a lot of their drivers are surprised when you start penning every shot because you shoot the turret instead of the hull.

Even then, you're having to shoot for a rather thin margin of weak spot. Fighting T14s is fun because while they have to really try to get that 75mm shell into your turret, you can just poo poo 76mm rounds (even HE, if you could ever justify carrying any) into their MG port all day long.

KcDohl posted:

Relative tier matters. If the BC was just loving with 9s and the E4 hit/spotted 10s it's totally possible.

Yeah, I was finally able to finagle a ~mastery~ of the T54E1 because I had a Stalingrad game with T10 artillery. Whenever I fought on Battle Tiers 9 and 10 I'd always just get first class no matter how well I did.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ok, so the German 111 mission was pretty simple, finished that at tiers 6-8 basically using almost 100% tanks with 88s. I was averaging about 850:1 damage:kills, so by the time I got 150 kills I just had to get a little more damage and then I was done. The Soviet mission is more frustrating; I'm generally using high-alpha tanks and doing way more damage than kills; I'm guessing about 1500-2000:1 damage:kills. I hit the 150k damage and needed 50 more kills, and still haven't finished the mission after this past weekend. We played almost 100 games, with ~75% winrate. KV-2, SU-152, ISU, 416, and some 122-54 thrown in. I'm basically doing all the damage on the front end, and then the targets get finished off while I'm on reload. It's interesting to compare the experience in those tanks to that of the German 88s. On the upside, I'm getting very familiar with the fantastic 416 and ISU, both of which I'm also grinding so.... :toot:

Also, I passed 55% global winrate this weekend, so an extra :toot: for me!

Anyone want to be my recruit to get me the special tonk? That Aussie I recruited just sort of disappeared without playing a single game. :iiam: We can disucss compensation.

OSad posted:

Confirmed. The name Hellsau makes me skitter so fast, I barely even have time to catch up on the hot anime of the season.

So, uh, you didn't want to spend the 2 seconds it would've taken to confirm that, no, Hellsau did not rejoin PANSY, and you just got trolled by other goons? :eyepop:

Victor Surge posted:

That change would help me a lot. It's kind of a crutch coming from Xbox. If you are looking in the general direction of an enemy tank and they are looking at you, you get an exclamation point whether you can see them or not and then the sixth sense perk works like normal when you finally get that. The default doesn't help with getting shot in the rear end or sides but it is useful. The change seems better then even the Xbox system.

Oh hey, it's the Slender Man guy! :3:

moosecow333 posted:

I proclaimed my love for a TOG II player as I was constantly ramming him from behind with my tank. Apparently the other player liked it so much I got a clan invite out of it. This game is loving weird.

Hmm, this sounds like something I'd do but I haven't played the TOG recently and thus haven't sent any clan invites for the actions you've described above.... :iiam:

FalloutGod posted:

I've had a lot of fun rolling around in my KV-1 rockin the 11 mm U-11 gun and the huge view and signal range is great. I'm not sure where to go now though. I've read the KV-2 is a big troll machine that is a lot of fun and while I dig that I've also read the T-150 is the more resilient tank. The T-150 has the option to use the mm U-11 but at tier 6 will it still be viable to use it? I've actually unlocked the KV-2 but then saw the 920k price range. By the time I hit a million credits I'll be able to unlock and afford any of the 3 choices at this point. (KV-2, KV-1S, T150) I don't know anything about the KV-1S.

The U-11 is 122 mm, not 11 mm. Also, the KV-1's view & signal ranges are atrocious; it's almost blind. :psyduck:

The KV-1S is fun; it's similar to the KV-1 but loses some armor for mobility, so it depends on your playstyle (I prefer the former.) They even get basically the same two top guns, the 122 and an 85 (the KV-1 also gets a 57 if you want a peashooter on your heavy tank.)

The KV-2 is indeed a troll machine and is very fun, while the T-150 is more of a conventional heavy tank; it's basically an evolution of the KV-1. I have both (actually, I kept all of the tanks you mentioned) if that helps you decide. :cheeky:

Darkrenown posted:

Some guy got super mad at me in a match and continually made fun of my stats. Since I was busy carrying the match I messaged him afterwards to ask why he was stat-shaming me with much worse stats. The conversation was weird:

I shot the guy once in the match, using AP - I was just baffled why he'd made up such an insane story.

Hellsau posted:

Why weren't you firing gold? More importantly, why didn't you claim to be firing 100% gold?

And why weren't you claiming to be paying real cash for your 100% gold shells? And why didn't you tell him that you actually use secret super-premium shells that cost double but always pen?!? It's like you don't know how to troll! :psyduck:

KurdtLives posted:

My favorite troll is "Hey red team, OBAMA, amirite?"

PANSY is basically the Obama fanclub, although recently we've been focusing on Dr. Bill Cosby and ISIS.

Captain Blaargh posted:

The KV-220 worth it?

Yes, it's good despite the gun. I mix it into platoons with different tanks, generally ones with decent pen, e.g. Church 3 or even SU-85B.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

KcDohl posted:

I know relative tier matters, but we're talking tier 10 tanks here so it's not like they can shoot higher tier tanks for bonus exp, and shooting down seems to have less of an effect. I mean, adding up damage and spotting damage the BatChat literally did more than 4 times the damage the E4 did. Then of course there's the whole shooting stuff you're not spotting yourself, but they both got spotting damage so...yeah. I dunno.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Atal Vataman posted:

starting to get the hang of the panther 88. its really quite alright. think my initial disappointment was due to truly cursed mm.

a fairly decent game:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1510936

I am a bad player and even I manage to be decent in that tank, if it wasn't for the T10 games my average damage and thus credit output would be a lot higher too. Last weekend almost all the T8 games I got in it ended with me getting 100-130k credits.
It is not a bad tank, the only flaw is the lack of pref MM. The lack of mobility can be worked around and this thing can actually annoy other T8/T9 mediums enough to beat them. I've yet to platoon with this tank but I really feel it can shine even more with a buddy in a brawler medium.

Others manage too, Ace Tanker is somewhere around 2k xp for this thing, I had a 1912 xp game and it only got 1st Class.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
yeah, ace requirements seem very high at the moment for some weird reason. More so, considering that every panther 88 driver I've encountered ingame so far have been absolute waste of the lowest order. Average damage just below 2k the last two sessions with the tank, so I'm gonna give it a passing grade. It still has a bunch of glaring weaknesses though, but in general its not bad. Think I'll use this and the 111 as my prime moneymakers from now on.

PSA: If any of you want to get one of the cheaper t8 premiums, the p88 seems to be a much better option than the spergshing.

also, last night was weird:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I haven't played this in ages, and I'd imagine it doesn't hold up at higher tiers like it does at 1-4 that I've been messing with, but the game seems way quicker and more violent within each round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Atomizer posted:

Yes, it's good despite the gun. I mix it into platoons with different tanks, generally ones with decent pen, e.g. Church 3 or even SU-85B.

You don't want to platoon a -220 with an SU-85B, it invalidates the fixed MM. Nevermind, read it wrong and forgot the -85B is T4 and will only see up to a max of T6 like a fixed T5.

Also, for some reason I've a feeling that the WZ-111 will be the last call for a 'new' fixed MM tank. The M56 Scorpion is getting de-tiered to T7 and keeping the 90mm. I think that's what they're going to do from now on - subtract a tier from a tank that might otherwise get fixed MM, and ensure it at least has a *chance* against the maximum tier it'll face, which at T7 would be T9, and the 90mm M3 it'll get has 243mm gold pen and 160mm with AP.

I also wonder what would happen if they decided to re-release the Type 59...only with a 'variant' name (Type 59D, for instance, with non-functional but decorative reactive armor) that didn't get fixed MM, just to troll everyone.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 12, 2015