Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

I think like the last one that didn't was maybe SW Chronicles 2 on 3DS and that was more of an expanded version of the first game than a sequel. Occasionally they don't bother with the Vita versions of the anime spin-off's, I guess.

Bandai Namco didn't want to shell out for Vita localizations of Pirate Warriors 2 and Gundam Reborn, but now they like the Vita and so we're getting Pirate Warriors 3. The jury's still out it seems on Chronicles 3 but it has a Vita version and Tecmo Koei supports that platform way more than it does 3DS so I could see them going out of their way for it. If not then it's okay because it's just a standalone Chronicles mode and SW4 (available in English) has that built into it.

To my knowledge, Samurai Warriors 3: Empires was the last non-HD remake Musou game on consoles we didn't get overseas, and some people think that may have to do with Nintendo and their involvement with the original Wii release of SW3 overseas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Harlock posted:

I'm probably going to buy Final Fantasy Zero and Bladestorm, but woof, nothing until then. Resident Evil I'm going to buy, so I'm hoping there's some digital titles to bridge the gap or I just might get around to buying Far Cry.

You should buy Far Cry, it's a lot of fun; look on Craigslist or something, there should be a lot of cheap copies floating around at this point. As far as digital stuff goes, we might be getting Hotline Miami 2 in the next. couple months -- Steam preorders (and with them, a release date) are supposed to go live by the end of Janury.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

LA Noire was so weird in that they modeled so much of LA and had a ton of these really intricate landmarks you could go in and wander around in search of collectibles but at no point in the story are you anywhere close to these places. You could wander out to the Airport and explore all the hangars or find these factories that were probably intended for shoot outs and find like an achievement collectible there and that's it.
It's absolutely ridiculous how overkill that map is for a game that ultimately ended up as a simple adventure/puzzle game with some (unneeded I think) action bits here and there. What a schizophrenic development process it must have had.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
I liked First Light but honestly I don;'t think I'll 100% it. It was fun while the story was going on, but the city still feels lame and lifeless. The combat feels pretty stiff, slow down time or punch things. Fetch can take a lot of damage even on ard mode. The graphics are great that first scene with the cops flashlight at the dock floored me. And I played Second Son.

Like second son they did that thing that sounds really great on paper but actually is kind of not done for a reason. At the end of the game they introduced new mechanics. You can climb gratings, sure you could always do it but being as the majority of the game you spent holding down B and running and jumping ultra fast it wasn't something you would discover on your own. This also revealed the fact that your characters walks and bounces so awkwardly when jumping. It's super distracting its the same thing with Deslin in SS but you never notice it as you stop walking around as soon as you get powers . There's also a whole slew of unlocks as the game ends but being as the freeroam is pointless (even more so than SSes version) and the arenas are kind of a thing I'm just not sure I'll go back.

It was just the right length too. SS kind of dragged on and this one didn't wear its welcome thin.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Is ff 0 hd supposed to be good? Never played the original. Looks pretty fun and I want the demo

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

weaaddar posted:

Like second son they did that thing that sounds really great on paper but actually is kind of not done for a reason. At the end of the game they introduced new mechanics. You can climb gratings, sure you could always do it but being as the majority of the game you spent holding down B and running and jumping ultra fast it wasn't something you would discover on your own. This also revealed the fact that your characters walks and bounces so awkwardly when jumping. It's super distracting its the same thing with Deslin in SS but you never notice it as you stop walking around as soon as you get powers . There's also a whole slew of unlocks as the game ends but being as the freeroam is pointless (even more so than SSes version) and the arenas are kind of a thing I'm just not sure I'll go back.

You notice that stuff pretty early on in the intro of SS as you travel back to the building.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

second-hand smegma posted:

Hey, that's right across the river from me! So you're saying the latest inFAMOUS game is almost taking place in Portland. Honestly, Fetch does have a lot of flair and zippers and poo poo. I wonder if she drinks cider and kombucha and says things like 'follow your bliss'.

They really need to change their name to North Portland already and stop besmirching our good name. Well not really good, but more well known.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Oh no no no. We've earned being North Portland and it's still the way it has always been and gently caress right off Washington

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The Swapper is actually really cool. if you liked games like Braid or Fez or Portal where you've got one core puzzle mechanic that's utilized a bunch of ways throughout the game it's worth checking out (also free on PS+ this month for what it's worth)-- not sure if it quite stacks up to those games, I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm impressed. The art is really good too, I forgot how sick claymation can look

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I played and finished Swapper on PC and enjoyed it, but you have to go in with the expectation that it's a puzzle game through and through. Somehow I thought it would be a bit more of a Metroidvania (despite having no combat), and got a little frustrated at one point when I had to do like five puzzle rooms in a row to be able to unlock the next area. But the puzzles are pretty clever, and the plot (and ending) are interesting to think about.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Reposting this because im curious.

Attitude Indicator posted:

question: friend of mine bought NHL15 the other day, digitally, and downloaded it. the game is completely broken. Everything is laggy and choppy. The EA logo at the starts is choppy, menus are choppy, sound falls in and out, the game itself is completely unplayable with over a second between frames.
Tried deleting and redownloading again. tried restoring licenses. restarting the machine. going offline. downloaded another game digitally, which worked fine. It's only that game that's broken, everything else works fine.
Anyone know anything about this? Google doesn't give much help, mostly people complaining about online lag.
I guess all he can do is ask for a refund?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

echronorian posted:

Oh no no no. We've earned being North Portland and it's still the way it has always been and gently caress right off Washington

Once you agree to build our useless piece of poo poo bridge then you can come to the clubhouse.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 12, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Policenaut posted:

LA Noire was so weird in that they modeled so much of LA and had a ton of these really intricate landmarks you could go in and wander around in search of collectibles but at no point in the story are you anywhere close to these places. You could wander out to the Airport and explore all the hangars or find these factories that were probably intended for shoot outs and find like an achievement collectible there and that's it.

Wasn't the LA in True Crime supposed to be 1:1? And it was terrible as hell to drive in and boring as gently caress to explore, and everyone I know hated it except for people who actually lived in LA and said "oh cool I found my house/where I work".

And yeah, it was really weird to see how much random insignificant stuff in GTA5 actually had a real-life counterpart to it.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

goferchan posted:

The Swapper is actually really cool. if you liked games like Braid or Fez or Portal where you've got one core puzzle mechanic that's utilized a bunch of ways throughout the game it's worth checking out (also free on PS+ this month for what it's worth)-- not sure if it quite stacks up to those games, I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm impressed. The art is really good too, I forgot how sick claymation can look

I agree that it's really cool, the atmosphere is great and the graphics are pretty, but my problem with it - like with most puzzle games - is that at some point I've gotten stuck and don't know how to progress, and since it's not too far into the game, I've doubts I'd be able to actually clear the game.

The Swapper machine mechanics are interesting to think about even without finishing the game, though - I'm sure at this point I'm running around in the body of one of the clones, so it shoots the character's soul? An interesting machine.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Attitude Indicator posted:

Reposting this because im curious.

There was an issue with the EA Sports '15 games on launch where the game would ridiculously lag if upnp was turned on, on the router. I know it was fixed in Fifa but maybe try turning off upnp on the router and booting it up to see if it makes a difference.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

fat gay nonce posted:

There was an issue with the EA Sports '15 games on launch where the game would ridiculously lag if upnp was turned on, on the router. I know it was fixed in Fifa but maybe try turning off upnp on the router and booting it up to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks.
we could try. since they fixed it on fifa15, i assume a patch is underway for nhl15 too?
Will turning off upnp affect other games' online function?

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Policenaut posted:

After stuff like second son and the Getaway on PS2 and LA Noire I find that real 1:1 maps of cities tend to be dull to drive round. Simple reason being they were not designed to be fun to drive round. Give me a Rockstar stylised city any day of the week. I could find my way round London in the Getaway as I know my way round in the real city, but drat it was dull to do.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

MrLonghair posted:

MLB'15 I just hope they remembered to fix the online and issues for.

If you don't play online, The Show is rendered completely unnecessary by Super Mega Baseball. Seriously, it's that good. I recommend you make a US account and buy it from there.

SMB is the best arcade sports game I've played since Sensible World of Soccer or the hockey arcade cabinet 2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge. Since I found the perfect difficulty setting (can be adjusted on a scale of 1-99), each season match has been genuinely exciting in a way most sports games never are.

And it's not just "press X to mash dingers", I think the pitching and batting mechanics are more enjoyable than what The Show has. There's an intricately designed game in the guise of silly arcade bobbleheads. Fielding is kinda automatic and hard since there are no guides, but that's the least fun aspect in video game baseball anyway.

Follow That Fish! fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jan 12, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I liked LA Noire's world because I felt that driving from scene to scene, and having room for chases and stuff added a lot to it.

It had a lot of unnecessary areas though. They probably could have made it level based but I don't know what you use as barriers in that case.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I forgot there was an EDF coming out but unless they improve the multiplayer I don't think I'll bother.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I liked LA Noire's world because I felt that driving from scene to scene, and having room for chases and stuff added a lot to it.

It had a lot of unnecessary areas though. They probably could have made it level based but I don't know what you use as barriers in that case.

I was the guy who hated driving and just had my partner auto drive to every location.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

morallyobjected posted:

I was the guy who hated driving and just had my partner auto drive to every location.

Making someone else drive was awesome and should have been a feature in GTA5.

I asked this in the specific thread but I bet I would get a quicker answer here. And yes I tried Googling for it and couldn't find an answer. So since my gf and I live together obviously only one of our accounts has PS+ right. So does that seriously mean her account can't play Diablo 3 online? Because the way Diablo 3 is set up you have to have a separate account to do couch co-op so she can't just make characters on my account and use them when we play locally.

So like what the hell Sony, that's dumb. :mad:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If your account has Plus and has the PS4 as a primary, any account also on it has Plus for the purposes of multiplayer.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

Making someone else drive was awesome and should have been a feature in GTA5.

I asked this in the specific thread but I bet I would get a quicker answer here. And yes I tried Googling for it and couldn't find an answer. So since my gf and I live together obviously only one of our accounts has PS+ right. So does that seriously mean her account can't play Diablo 3 online? Because the way Diablo 3 is set up you have to have a separate account to do couch co-op so she can't just make characters on my account and use them when we play locally.

So like what the hell Sony, that's dumb. :mad:

uhhh as long as the account with ps+ has the ps4 set as its primary console, yeah you can play online with non-subbed accounts. you have to actually set it as primary, that isn't done automatically iirc.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
OK, that's fine then. Feel kinda dumb now but setting it to Primary should probably be done automatically. Cool sorry I yelled at you Sony.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it actually does ask you when you do the initial out of the box setup. Just not upon adding a new account to a machine already up and running.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

morallyobjected posted:

Yeah, really the only reason you needed an open world in that game was to pull off car chases, other than that I just had my partner drive me everywhere. Couldn't even muster the energy to start exploring the game world after all that.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

MrLonghair posted:

Bloodborne will be good. The FF15 demo coming a few days before it will also be good, it comes with a free PSP JRPG remaster as a bonus. 1886 needs a freaking demo. MLB'15 I just hope they remembered to fix the online and issues for.

I'm willing to bet The Order won't get a demo, and reviews for it will be embargoed until day of release.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, really the only reason you needed an open world in that game was to pull off car chases, other than that I just had my partner drive me everywhere. Couldn't even muster the energy to start exploring the game world after all that.

It's there to help you recreate the climax scene from Chinatown, obviously.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 12, 2015

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm willing to bet The Order won't get a demo, and reviews for it will be embargoed until day of release.

No interest in that game since it has no MP. It will have very limited replay value so will be dirt cheap at some point.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Bigsteve posted:

No interest in that game since it has no MP. It will have very limited replay value so will be dirt cheap at some point.

This was the case with Wolfenstein: The New Order and that was a game well worth playing through twice. Obviously there is nothing correlative between the two but I think it's worth noting a game lacking MP can still have good replay value depending on how the world is built.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
To be fair, there's an argument for not including multiplayer in single player focused games because it just seems tacked on a lot of the time to tick some boxes. Bioshock is an example of a great single player game without multiplayer.

Then you have disasters like Metal Gear Online. I don't care what anyone says, MGS3 and MGS4's online modes were janky as gently caress with atrocious gameplay.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Bigsteve posted:

I don't know, the Tomb Raider reboot had really tacked on MP and the game wouldn't be any less interesting for me if it lost that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The gameplay in MGS4's MGO was, in fact, incredible.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Bigsteve posted:

The Order just looks boring, MP or not. QTEs, third person cover shooting, overly scripted/linear, etc. Visually it looks incredible but all of the gameplay demos so far have been underwhelming at best. Bloodborne is the only real exclusive I'm interested in this year, never really got into the Persona games.

Is there a way to remove the Music/Video Unlimited tiles that I will never use on the homescreen? They seem to be the only ones without a delete button.

Also any word yet on system suspend/resume for games? I haven't checked lately.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

To be fair, there's an argument for not including multiplayer in single player focused games because it just seems tacked on a lot of the time to tick some boxes. Bioshock is an example of a great single player game without multiplayer.

Then you have disasters like Metal Gear Online. I don't care what anyone says, MGS3 and MGS4's online modes were janky as gently caress with atrocious gameplay.

That's because it's one of the checkboxes for a AAA release. It really is tacked on just because.

I just started playing Killzone: Shadow Fall, and my god this is dumb as gently caress :allears:. They up and gave half of Vektan to the Helgast, and by god did they Space-Nazi the place up fast. And welp, right back to going to war with the Vektans because... :shrug:. Though I find it interesting that for a character supposed to be a spec-ops assassin, they have no silenced weapon and a top-secret "we were never here" infiltration ended with the destruction of a colossal statue. I've given up any pretext of stealth and just started plugging Helgast with the shotgun.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It'll get somewhere between a 70-75% on Metacritic in the Beyond Two Souls category before fading into obscurity just the same

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FishBulb posted:

I forgot there was an EDF coming out but unless they improve the multiplayer I don't think I'll bother.
What's wrong with it? EDF4's was completely competent except not being able to join mid-mission, I think. It's certainly better than I expected given the series' other technical deficiencies.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
90% of games with competitive multiplayer don't need it (apparently Far Cry 4 has it?? I don't even know how to access it and I beat the game lol) but The Order looks like a Gears clone so having multiplayer would make it a lot more appealing as a PlayStation game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

They should just remove the shooting and add a scene of a woman showering/peeing, and sell it as a David Cage game.

• Locked thread