Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Shooting a nerf bow and arrow at bullies in preschool.

"You have failed this sandbox"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I dont know posted:

Just a reminder that Thea's middle name has already been confirmed as Dearden and her longstanding nickname is Speedy. So they already have used that particular winking allusion already.

She also went by Mia while in Corto Maltese, if I'm not mistaken.

A friend of mine decided to test the theory that everything has slashart and fanfiction, no matter how obscure or insane. He quit when he learned that eSurance erotic art exists, and plentifully.

There is fanfic and slashart for everything. There is no escape. Humanity's collective consciousness is a window to the infinite multiverse, and of all possible realities, a lot of them involve an insurance mascot having sex.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I dont know posted:

Just a reminder that Thea's middle name has already been confirmed as Dearden and her longstanding nickname is Speedy. So they already have used that particular winking allusion already.

I wonder how much writers have to worry about what references they can use to wink at the audience without compromising any potential future use for them.

"We should bring in XXX."

"We already had a character mention XXX's secret identity as a toss-away dead person's name in Season 1."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

I wonder how much writers have to worry about what references they can use to wink at the audience without compromising any potential future use for them.

"We should bring in XXX."

"We already had a character mention XXX's secret identity as a toss-away dead person's name in Season 1."

Chances are, if they're using a name as a throwaway reference, they're probably not going to be used as an actual character anytime soon unless a writer and editor forget. So Mia may be out, but the Arrowette name is still available

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
is this show back yet i hate these long breaks in the middle of a season :mad:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I wonder if they'll change the title card to Arsenal or Canary or something.

Also, I hope they make Roy an actual character again, like he sort of was in season 1.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
They shou do keep everything the same just use red instead of green tinge

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

They shou do keep everything the same just use red instead of green tinge

That'd be kinda neat. Maybe do a cold open of a bunch of bad guys being shot with net or handcuff arrows, and the voice distorter growling out "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!", only to cut to Roy in his Arsenal gear.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That DICK! posted:

Come to think of it it is a little strange given all the crazy poo poo that has happened to him in flashbacks since the S1 flashbacks that one day he just remembered that book of names his dad had and decided to make it his life all of a sudden.

They'll probably tie it back into the flashbacks later on but right now everything about that book seems like the loosest of loose ends and I don't feel like that's intentional.

Well they're showing his development as the flashbacks go on, In S1- 2 his only real concern was his survival and that of his immediate friends. Now's he's learning to increase his vision a little bit while developing the ends justifies the ends ethos he has in present day S1. Eventually something will happen him to open his eyes and start worrying about people he's never met.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Middle of season 1, Oliver and Diggle argue about the list and Diggle asks him why he trusts the list so much. Oliver says he found a message from his father - but not on the island.

Unless the writers drop the ball, the list is going to show up again.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Middle of season 1, Oliver and Diggle argue about the list and Diggle asks him why he trusts the list so much. Oliver says he found a message from his father - but not on the island.

Unless the writers drop the ball, the list is going to show up again.

He found the book on his dad in the life raft.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

He found the book on his dad in the life raft.

He also had crazy dream hallucinations of his dad explaining stuff

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Ollie could have just been black ops for ARGUS the whole three years.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well they're showing his development as the flashbacks go on, In S1- 2 his only real concern was his survival and that of his immediate friends. Now's he's learning to increase his vision a little bit while developing the ends justifies the ends ethos he has in present day S1. Eventually something will happen him to open his eyes and start worrying about people he's never met.

Deadman's going to take him on a spirit journey to watch everything that's happening while he's dead and he'll need to talk someone into reviving him. He'll learn from the Ghost of Christmas Present poo poo and become better at putting pointy sticks into people, for justice.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

I hope there's a series 6 and the flashbacks are just abbreviated versions of the main episode plot lines from series 1.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Obviously what comes next are flash-forwards. And then eventually flash-sideways into alternate timelines

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I hope that we have a Flashpoint arc that coincides with the Flash/Arrow crossover. There's a ton of potential for cool stuff.

Someone suggested Tommy being the Arrow and I can't stop thinking about it.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
My theory is that the book has something to do with HIVE and that HIVE is a the main villain(s) for the last season. I mean, the book is a list of criminal conspirators and that's what HIVE is right? Has Diggle talked to Oliver about HIVE yet or has it not shown up since he looked it up on the internet?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, Amell said that flashbacks would all be seasons 1-5, with the very last episode of Season 5 ending with the very first scene from the pilot, him lighting the signal fire that led to his rescue. What comes after that is open to the producers I guess, depending on how well the show maintains its popularity (which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they're doing annual Flash/Arrow crossovers).

As they create more shows, and more time passes, I would expect them to start merging programs. Eventually you just wind up with something like a JLA series, where everybody gets some face time, but not everybody is used in every episode. If someone comes up with a really good story for a solo arc, then kick it out as a miniseries rather than try to stretch it out for a full run.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Obviously what comes next are flash-forwards. And then eventually flash-sideways into alternate timelines

It'll start showing random clips from the animated series

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
There is the possibility that the show only lasts for 5 seasons. And if you think that is a bad thing then look at what happened to Supernatural when they decided to truck on past their plotted 5 seasons.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

There is the possibility that the show only lasts for 5 seasons. And if you think that is a bad thing then look at what happened to Supernatural when they decided to truck on past their plotted 5 seasons.

Arrow for 5 seasons and then a segway into a new series with some of the previously appearing heroes and Arrow now acting on a more global scale. The Outsiders.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Arrow for 5 seasons and then a segway into a new series with some of the previously appearing heroes and Arrow now acting on a more global scale. Justice Society of America

ftfy :colbert:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

When was Ollie in the JSA?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

He wasn't, but since the JLA is movies only we need another team for our tv guys. Personally I'm hoping we have 5 or 6 shows on the air in another 2 years so they can form the Seven Soldiers of Victory.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

JSA's original deal was that it would only have the superheroes without their own books as members, everyone else was an 'honorary member' and off the team until their book was cancelled. So Ollie and Barry can found it and then it can be where all the spin-off characters (Atom, Firestorm, Roy, Mirror Universe Felicity, etc.) go.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Making the DCtverse Earth-2 with the JSA is good because the JSA rocks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lego Batman 3, Arrow DLC pack trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYaCZVfTGc

Amell is the best :haw:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Of course, the real fun is taking the DLC characters and using them in the main story. That's right, its time for the Superman and Felicity team up hour!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Lego boxing glove arrow :3:

Edit: The Arrow Pack is not up on Steam. You lied to me, Youtube video. :doom:

hcreight fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 13, 2015

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm disappointed that the DLC won't be coming out for the Wii U but drat if that isn't the most adorable thing ever I must have it

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Since most of the characters in these lego games end up playable,. we will probably now have a game where we can play as Lego Barrowman.

Where do we go from here?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lego Detective West and Lego Cisco

Oh, and get Grant Gustin to voice Lego Flash

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there Lego vehicles for Diggle to drive around? Seems kind of callous to include a character and cut out like 90% of his power set.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lego Roy isn't flipping MY IMMERSION

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I feel like Ollie isn't half as tough in the flash backs as he was in the first episode and we're nearly halfway through said flashbacks. Does that make sense?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

omg chael crash posted:

I feel like Ollie isn't half as tough in the flash backs as he was in the first episode and we're nearly halfway through said flashbacks. Does that make sense?

We've seen glimpses of that Ollie in the flashbacks probably won't take too much to start molding him into that person full time.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are there Lego vehicles for Diggle to drive around? Seems kind of callous to include a character and cut out like 90% of his power set.

Yes, including the Flash mobile, so Diggle can even drive a van.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

omg chael crash posted:

This might be the year that Waller starts honing Oliver into something closer to 5-years-later Oliver, but they seem to be cutting it pretty close now.

• Locked thread