Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, had 2 rare transformations. One was a statue of Marx and Magolor, other was Dark Mind and Drawcia

16 transformations in all and they're all ranked by color in rarity. There's normal/stone colored. Then Silver (Had stuff like mass attack kirbies, the lor starcutter, ultra sword Kirby) and finally gold which is the two I posted, the Hal Logo and 8-bit Kirby with the Dream Rod.

That is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ultigonio posted:

You have no idea how hyped I got when this happened.

I feel sad whenever I hear people say "I finished storymode so the game is over and I stopped" because they don't realize they're missing out on like 4-5 bosses and they are all the best.

Edit: If you own triple deluxe please don't ignore Dedede's Tour. If you don't own Triple Deluxe please buy Triple Deluxe.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Dededetour was great, but the final level was exhausting. It was like the size of the entire game before it. Or at least the length, according to my file's times.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel sad whenever I hear people say "I finished storymode so the game is over and I stopped" because they don't realize they're missing out on like 4-5 bosses and they are all the best.

Edit: If you own triple deluxe please don't ignore Dedede's Tour. If you don't own Triple Deluxe please buy Triple Deluxe.
It's going to be my first purchase when I get the New 3DS! Your posts got me even more excited!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wild Knight posted:

Dededetour was great, but the final level was exhausting. It was like the size of the entire game before it. Or at least the length, according to my file's times.

It's pretty long as it's all the EX levels strung together without a break. That means 7-8 levels without stopping and I don't remember how many skips are in it.

Least you're rewarded with more new bosses, and then rewarded with another mode that hides the true final-final boss.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Wild Knight posted:

Even just the normal final EX level is exhausting in the main game. It may be the longest level I've played in a Nintendo platformer.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 14, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

sharrrk posted:

i've been thinking about this, and more video games need skeletons that aren't enemies. whether its friendly npcs or playable characters or w/e, it would be nice to see skeletons treated with more respect, i think

I agree entirely, skeletons are cool as hell and don't have to be bad guys, i can get owned by them in lots of ways that aren't getting punched a bunch, like having... a moving story that i can relate to...!!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

How can a system with games this good have a thread so bad?

Anyway, you dumb idiots were right, Captain Toad rules. Thanks for the recommendation.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
All of the upcoming games for this year look amazing. I'm normally not a fan FPS, but Splatoon looks like it's going to be ridiculous amounts of fun. I wonder how much voice chat there will be? I'm curious if I'll hear 7 year olds throw out racial slurs and homophobic epithets when they get owned.

Has there been any word on Fatal Frame coming over here yet?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol if you own any other console over the Wii U.

If you have a PC then you only need a Wii U for the best games ever.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

2014: Year of the Wii U
2015: Year of the Wii U

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
For all of us losers who have work, will someone/some place be live blogging the direct?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bean posted:

For all of us losers who have work, will someone/some place be live blogging the direct?

Yes, every games site will, Nintendos Twitter will, this thread will.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Please follow Nintendo on Twitter for up to the minute Nintendo news, fun contests, and memes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a Wii-U, 3DS, Vita, PS4 and a computer I have all the next gen systems so I'm set on everything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I keep mine on the top shelf lest other consoles get ideas.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Will 2015 be the year of Sexy Nintendo?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
New Wii U with a c-stick

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a Wii-U, 3DS, Vita, PS4 and a computer I have all the next gen systems so I'm set on everything.

What else do you own?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stan Taylor posted:

What else do you own?

Amiibos

I'm prepared for the future of gaming.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I agree entirely, skeletons are cool as hell and don't have to be bad guys, i can get owned by them in lots of ways that aren't getting punched a bunch, like having... a moving story that i can relate to...!!

skeleton-smoking-joint-and-flipping-the-bird.gif

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Surlaw posted:

How can a system with games this good have a thread so bad?
well it's in Games for starters

We've got great taste, though! Sort of.

edit: also it's better than the last one so

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 14, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

lol 90% of Wii U owners bought the system in the last three months. It took 2 years to become relevant.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Got a few questions about how to go about playing Wii VC games on a Wii U:

- Is it possible to buy Wii VC games via Wii Mode?
- I bought a couple of Wii VC games in the past on my old Wii - is there any way to redownload them on my Wii U, or will I need to buy them all over again? My Club Nintendo account is linked to my console if that helps. (And if I do have to buy games again to get it on my Wii U, will they be registered to my account going forward?)
- I have a Wii U Pro Controller - will I be able to use this to play Wii VC games, or will I need to get a Wii Classic Controller?

Thank you!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

trdn89 posted:

- I bought a couple of Wii VC games in the past on my old Wii - is there any way to redownload them on my Wii U, or will I need to buy them all over again? My Club Nintendo account is linked to my console if that helps. (And if I do have to buy games again to get it on my Wii U, will they be registered to my account going forward?)
- I have a Wii U Pro Controller - will I be able to use this to play Wii VC games, or will I need to get a Wii Classic Controller?

Thank you!

Yes, Yes with an "if", yes with a "but", and no you need a Wii controlller.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the surprise is going to be smt x fe

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I'm off on a Toadventure. Wish me luck!

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I'm truly sorry for mentioning Bloodborne. Very un-cute of me.

Anyway, Captain Toad rules and I can't wait for Direct. 2pm GMT, I'll be watching at work with my goddamn feet up, gently caress everything

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

trdn89 posted:

Thank you!

• No.
  • Yes. Get the Wii Transfer Tool on the Wii Shop Channel and follow the steps. You'll need a SD card to make the transfer if you don't already own one.
  • No. You'll need a Wiimote and Classic Controller to play anything in Wii Mode. The newer controllers operate on a wireless frequency instead of Bluetooth like the Wiimotes, so the Wii can't "see" them at all.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Anime Curator posted:

the surprise is going to be smt x fe

is cancelled

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Is there a Synirc channel for cute gamers so I can livechat with y'all for the Direct? :3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DrPaper posted:

is cancelled

No, you see, the game title isn't SMT X FE, it's the SMT design team and FE team fighting to the death for a single release. The fight's still going on, and whoever's still alive at the end gets their game funded.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yes, he can buy Wii VC games via Wii mode. :confused:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

Yes, he can buy Wii VC games via Wii mode. :confused:

Ah, I misread. I somehow thought he meant Wii games :cripes:.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

But yeah trdn89, if you still have your Wii you can do a transfer to your WiiU, it'll copy the licences for your Wii games, and you'll be able to re-download them from the Shop Channel in Wii Mode. if the game in question also exists on the WiiU eShop, you can "upgrade" it for a special upgrade price, which will let you use a Pro Controller (or play on the Gamepad).

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jan 14, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Is there a Synirc channel for cute gamers so I can livechat with y'all for the Direct? :3

#nintengoons is a cute channel

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

But yeah trdn89, if you still have your Wii you can do a transfer to your WiiU, it'll copy the licences for your Wii games, and you'll be able to re-download them from the Shop Channel in Wii Mode. if the game in question also exists on the WiiU eShop, you can "upgrade" it for a special upgrade price, which will let you use a Pro Controller (or play on the Gamepad).

I just searched through my apartment, and it looks like I sold my old Wii - does that mean the old purchases are gone, or is there a way to recover them somehow (perhaps by contacting Nintendo's support)? Sorry if this has been covered; I've heard lots of anecdotes about Nintendo restoring past eshop purchases for 3DSes sold before the owner could transfer ownership of software purchases, but I can't recall any about this particular situation.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

trdn89 posted:

does that mean the old purchases are gone

Yes.

trdn89 posted:

I've heard lots of anecdotes about Nintendo restoring past eshop purchases for 3DSes sold

1) they only started doing that properly after the implementation of the NNID (which the Wii entirely lacks)
2) before that they would give store credit to rebuy stuff for a broken/stolen system if you could prove that was the case

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Fremry posted:

Demon Souls is sooooo dark that you can't even see the bland derivative settings and creatures of Dark Souls 1 and 2.
there is literally one single dark area in dark souls

Fremry posted:

Make combat sluggish and then base your weapon and armor system on micro managing how much more sluggish that combat becomes, and TAH-DAH!!! Apparently that makes an A+ game!
How is DS combat sluggish? When you attack, you have a small amount of time where you are vulnerable(recovery animation) so if you misjudge when to attack, you can be punished for it. The exact same principle makes up the backbone of all fighting games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Shut uuuup

• Locked thread