Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CommieGIR posted:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/the_end_of_the_catholic_league_conservative_host_interviews_decimates_bill_donohue

Bill Donahue got chewed out by another Catholic host Hugh Hewitt during an interview for blaming the victims of the attack in France.
Right before 8 minutes it gets AMAZING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFRc0FS5okU&t=470s

WHAT? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Unzip and Attack posted:

The thing about Kyle that sealed it for me was his bragging about going into New Orleans post-Katrina and murdering "looters". Killing people in a war is one thing, shooting them for (alleged) petty theft and then bragging about it in order to make money is quite another.

The bit where he said on the public record he thought the Iraqis were subhuman savages didn't do it for you?

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

The thing about Kyle that sealed it for me was him thinking it was a good idea take a guy with alleged PTSD shooting.
Is there anything that substantiates the Katrina killings besides Kyle's own words? In light of him lying about punching Jessie Ventura I'm not so sure I believe him.

I mean, in a certain sense falsely bragging about killing niggers looters post-Katrina is nearly as bad as actually doing it.

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 14, 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/01/millennials-are-less-tolerant-than-you-think.html

"The fact of the matter is that millennials who are white — that is, members of the group that has always had the most regressive racial beliefs, and who will constitute a majority of U.S. voters for at least another couple of decades — are, on key questions involving race, no more open-minded than their parents. The only real difference, in fact, is that they think they are."

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qq49xa/ace-combat-assault-horizon-legacy--nintendo-direct-january-2015--debut-trailer

CONSERVATIVE EXTREMISTS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE CONTINENT

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 15, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

:japan:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Eh, I don't think many people were really expecting poo poo to change in just one generation. This is progress in the same way that racists trading places in the grand closet with gays is progress. Not exactly what I would request, but definitely better than the other way around.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Whenever I see quotes from Joe Walsh I always have to remind myself that it's not the Eagle's Joe Walsh.

Actually, it makes it funnier to imagine Joe Walsh (R) speaking with the voice of Joe Walsh (E). Stoneriffic.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Actually, it makes it funnier to imagine Joe Walsh (R) speaking with the voice of Joe Walsh (E). Stoneriffic.

I'd vote for Joe Walsh of the Eagles for Senator.

He owns.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

For fucks sake, Mark Levin just said "Obama really learned a lot from his drunk of a father, didn't he" in relation to the White House not denigrating all Islam enough.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: Laura in western Nebraska. It's great to have you. Thank you so much for waiting. Welcome to the program. Gives whole new meaning to, "Yes, we can."

CALLER: Yes, we can.

RUSH: Yes, we can.

CALLER: Throw a can and get shot.

RUSH: Take this, intruder, "yes, we can," si, se puede, whatever it is. Laura, I didn't mean to interrupt you. Just thought of that when you called.

CALLER: It's okay. Rush, I hate to go backwards in the show, but you were talking about John Boehner and Barack Obama, why Boehner should be angry with Obama taking over separated powers, and what I called to say was there's more to that than just John Boehner allowing him to do it. Congress has allowed him. They have empowered him. But so have We, the People. This country was founded based on a government that was a government by the consent of the governed. And We, the People have got to find a definitive way to withdraw our consent or this county's lost, because the Republicans will not save it.

RUSH: All right. So where have we consented to what is happening in Washington? You think the people that voted for Obama actually voted for all he has done? I'm not gonna argue with you that the American people, the brainiacs of the world, but they have been greatly deceived here.

CALLER: They have been deceived but, yeah, those of us who didn't vote for Obama and who see what's going on, we can sense every day because get back on the hamster wheel and we allow a militarized government -- the EPA, the IRS, the Department of Education -- to intimidate us into doing what the government wants us to do --

RUSH: What do you mean, we allow it?

CALLER: (unintelligible) unconstitutional.

RUSH: How are we...? Wait a minute. Wait a minute. I'm gonna include myself in your charge here. How am I or you -- how are "we" -- allowing it? We're trying to stop it. The only manner at our disposal is electing people that will stop it and they don't choose to do it.

CALLER: I don't agree with that.

RUSH: Oh?

CALLER: I canceled my insurance company yesterday. I will not comply with Obamacare. It is not constitutional. I did not vote for it. I will not comply.

RUSH: I see.

CALLER: I will not comply.

RUSH: All right.

CALLER: I will also begin writing the IRS a check for 15% of my income. If they want more, they'll have to come and get me.

RUSH: They will.

CALLER: I guess if I go to the jail for a while I'll get cable and maybe a jailhouse attorney. But I think in good conscience, we are being cowards, and I just cannot comply anymore with their constant lawlessness.

RUSH: I'm totally sympathetic. When they give a recession, I don't participate. I know what you're talking about.

CALLER: I guess... I think we have to find a way to say "no," Rush, because Congress is not going to do it for us, and we are losing our country.

RUSH: So you would propose that people en masse refuse to play with Obamacare, just refuse to pay?

CALLER: Well, they can't arrest 250,000 of us, and it would be even harder to arrest 2.5 million of us. They would have to address us, finally, not just during election time when they can flood us with ads.

RUSH: I wonder. I wonder if they would have to address it.

CALLER: Well, we're almost broke already.

RUSH: Doesn't matter. Social Security is broke. The War on Poverty is a joke. The Great Society's broke. It never was flush.

CALLER: And if people stop paying for it, they're going to have to do something about it.

RUSH: Well, there's the IRS again. You will go to jail, and they will find a way to make an example of people who publicly flaunt them and try to persuade others. They will devote every amount of resources they've got to making an example.

CALLER: I think they will, Rush, but someone has to be that person that stands up. Someone has to stand out. If our Founders looked like this, we wouldn't be here. The king was gonna make an example of many people, too, and it didn't stop them.

RUSH: Yeah. In fact, I was talking to somebody the other day. This is totally unrelated to what you said. It just jogged my memory. I talked to someone the other day who told me that there is more going on in this country that would cause a revolution than the king was doing to the colonists back in the 1700s.

CALLER: By far, by far. John Hancock was one of the wealthiest Founders, and he was willing to risk everything he had. His life and his freedom. I ask you, Rush. You were talking about the VA Scandal and what happened to the veterans in this country. My son was in the Marine Corps. He watched friends of his that weren't even old enough to drink yet die for his country, and I'm not willing to go to jail and watch cable TV? Then why do I deserve the protection of those kids?

RUSH: Well, you're gonna need a leader for this. You're gonna need an organizer. People are not self-starters. That's why they expect their elected officials to do it. There were no elected officials per se back in the Revolutionary War. I mean, we had the House of Burgesses and a number of other things.

CALLER: No, but we did have leaders. We had men willing to stake their lives --

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: -- and their sacred honors on the future of this country.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: If we don't have those people anymore, what is the point of remaining outside of jail, because we are not free.

RUSH: Well, there are ways for the states to get involved and arrest some of this.

CALLER: There are ways that I can tell you, Rush. I'm from Nebraska, a deep red state, and I'm gonna tell you what my Nebraska legislator did today -- and I am from the most conservative and the largest legislative district in Nebraska.

RUSH: What did he do?

CALLER: I'm also from one of the largest congressional districts in the country, because no one lives out here. I'm in the middle of Sioux County, which is as big as Rhode Island and has fewer than 1200 people.

RUSH: What did he do?

CALLER: He introduced the medical marijuana law in the state of Nebraska right on the heels of the Nebraska Sheriffs Association suing Colorado for the damage the marijuana law is doing in Nebraska. That's how conservative the quote/unquote "conservatives" in red states are.

RUSH: Wait, wait. What? How in the world is the Colorado marijuana law damaging Nebraska?

CALLER: The arrests and the amount of jail time people are now doing in Nebraska from transporting marijuana down I-80 to get to Colorado has been phenomenal.

RUSH: Oh. Well, you know where that's headed, don't you?

CALLER: Well, and that's not even my point. I'm one of those people that says if we went back to personal responsibility we could legalize drugs. If you want to sit and do heroin all day, that's fine. But if you starve to death on the streets, that's your choice. But we can't get there because now we can't even be personally responsible for anything we do.

The government has to control everything and excuse every indiscretion of someone who is doing illicit drugs. But I'm just saying, Rush, these conservative states, these conservative legislatures aren't nearly as conservative as we think they are. In my own state, I'm a member of the Tea Party. I used to do a morning radio show. I used to keep tabs on our legislature 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

RUSH: You really are an extremist.

CALLER: I must be. But we used to spend every waking moment our legislature was in session trying to keep them from bolting left. If left to their own devices, that's the way they turn.

RUSH: They will. That's true of every organization, group, individual. If it isn't actively conservative -- and by that I mean if it isn't consciously applying conservative core beliefs and principles on daily basis -- it's gonna become liberal.
That's the O'Sullivan Law. It's undeniable. You see it happening to your guy in Nebraska. Well, there are people that believe what you want is gonna happen. There are people that believe that, and I talk to them -- and there are people that don't, by the way.

I mean, I know plenty of both. I know plenty of pessimists, defeatists, fatalists. But I know people who think that. They don't know what, but something's gonna happen and cause this massive awakening. The tipping point, somewhere, is gonna be reached. They can't tell me what they think it is, when it's gonna happen, who's gonna be responsible for it, but there are people that do have that hope. Anyway, Laura, I appreciate the call. I really do. I understand where you're coming from a hundred percent.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/14/caller_just_say_no_to_the_irs

quote:

RUSH: Breaking news. Do you remember, shortly after Obama got back from Hawaii last week he went on this brief public speaking tour and just raved about the economy. Remember that? We had the sound bite. I remember he roared on and on about all the jobs and all the activity and all the people that now have health care that didn't. I mean, he painted a picture of utopia. It just happened to be that every issue he had tackled had begun now to pay off and finally, after six hard years, it had all come together, and man, we're just swimming in it. Man, we are in fat city. I mean, we are up in there and it's just marvelous.

And then he goes away and we're faced with some real news, such as the Commerce Department reports retail sales saw a .9% decline in December. Now, December, for you atheists and all that, that happens to be Christmas. And, let's face it, the thing you atheists and others hate most about Christmas is that you think it's capitalism on display. It's massive sales. It's smiling people. It's people running around engaging in commerce, spending money that they have earned, in most cases. Buying things, buying people's family members presents and all kinds of things. It's capitalism on display, and manufacturers are trying to meet the demand, retail outlets are trying to meet the demand and increase the demand, and consumers are trying to get the best deals they can, and Obama told 'em, man, it was just zooming out.

And then we find out the Commerce Department says retail sales saw a .9% decline in December. And then you stop to realize that many retail businesses make at least half of their annual income during Christmas. Not all, but some do. And then we learn that this decline in retail sales in December was the biggest drop since January of 2014, and it was steeper than Wall Street expected.

"Excluding the volatile autos segment, sales fell 1%, its biggest drop since March 2009, while economists expected sales in this segment to hold steady." The experts, the economists, were wrong again. And then there's this from Breitbart News: "In a stunning Tuesday report, Gallup CEO and Chairman Jim Clifton revealed that 'for the first time in 35 years, American business deaths now outnumber business births.'" Jim Clifton, the chairman CEO of Gallup, says for the past six years since 2008 -- what happened in 2008? What happened the past six years?

In the past six years, "employer business startups have fallen below the business failure rate, spurring what he calls 'an underground earthquake' that only stands to worsen as lagging US Census data becomes available." Meaning, it's even worse than what we have now. Let me put this in real world terms. More American businesses are dying than are starting. Folks, that is so out of proportion. That's so out of scale to what normally happens.

He said, "Let's get one thing clear: This economy is never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends of American businesses." This is the CEO of Gallup, popular left-wing polling group. And here they are saying the economy is truly never coming back? Well, we were just told that it is back and we've been hearing that it's back for weeks now. In some cases we've been hearing the economy's been back for two years. The Drive-Bys, the Regime, they all keep talking about this recovery, and they've been talking about the recovery for the past two years.

Obama goes out last week and he sings this song. He sings this song about how things are smoking, man, it's just great. I remember the little sound bite that we played.
And now Gallup says this economy's never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends. Now, you and I know, see, this is the thing, we know this is true. We may not know that specific fact, but we sense this. Ninety-three, 92.8 million Americans not working, labor force participation rate. Full time employees in many places being reduced to 30 hours a week so the businesses do not have to provide health care.

There is no evidence that we have a growing economy. One of the things that's helping in some segments, hurting others, is the falling oil price. It's great for consumers, but on the other hand, the theory behind this is that the Saudis are doing it. Not even OPEC, this is the Saudis. Saudis are trying to destroy the fracking industry. Saudis are threatened by the fracking, because of horizontal drilling. That's what fracking is, shale oil, horizontal drilling. Because of that, the US has more proven oil reserves than Saudi Arabia.

The problem is that 50 dollar-a-barrel oil will not support getting it.
The costs of getting oil via horizontal drilling or fracking is a little bit more than the sale price, which is what the Saudis are trying to accomplish. The Saudis, we'll bite the bullet for a while. I mean, how many new airplanes do we need? How much more gold do we need? How many rooms in a palace do we need? How many more princelings do we need to underwrite? How much more luxury do we need? We got everything we want, a whole country, we're sitting in it, so we'll bite the dust for a while and maybe hurt some of our other competitors too and take them out.

But they're trying to destroy the US with this. Our friends the Saudis. Truth be known, Saudi Arabia is the center of the birth of all of this militant jihad, Wahhabism. It's all there. The 9/11 hijackers were, for the most part, Saudi. Our friends the Saudis. The Saudis know this. The king of Saudi Arabia funds and has funded many presidential libraries over the years. Not fully, but significantly. No doubt.

Anyway, the price of oil means the price of gasoline's coming down, and that's a huge benefit for disposable income for the American people. But it's putting pressure on domestic oil interests, always does. Good economic news is bad for somebody, and that's always the case, challenges everywhere. But on the consumer side it's great. I have full sympathy with consumers on this.
The thing is, the market's always right. The market always works. But now there's all kinds of external pressure like the Saudis trying to destroy fracking. Now, oil prices today, they're down dramatically, but they are what they were in 2006. So the thing is, fracking has already had an impact. I mean, the gasoline price isn't all that low; it's just much lower than it has been. It's about what it was in 2006. Once again, you can track the rising oil price with the arrival of Obama. You can track the rising cost of living with the arrival of Obama.

But isn't it interesting to note that food prices and other products' prices are not coming down commensurate with the oil price? I mean, we hear when the oil price goes up, gasoline price goes up, diesel, ah, wait 'til you see what a head of lettuce is gonna cost you, 'cause it takes gasoline, Rush, takes diesel, to get that head of lettuce into the store. Nothing we can do about it. Somehow when the oil price goes down, the gasoline price goes down, the head of lettuce price doesn't. Interesting how that works. That's 'cause there's this guy behind a curtain that's determining these prices. Fox News is on the case on that.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/14/how_s_that_obama_economy

quote:

RUSH: How come the Democrats talk about right-wing extremism instead of extremism in the name of conservatism? You know, folks, if you want to be called anything, the liberals and the left and the Democrats will call you. If you want to be called Afro-American, they'll call you Afro-American. If you want to be called black, they'll call you black. If you want to be called African-American, they'll call you African-American. If you want to be called Negro, they'll call you that if that's what you want to be called. If you want to be called a feminist, they'll call you a feminist. If you want to be called gay, they'll call you gay. If you want to be called a member of the transgender community, they will call you a member of the transgender community.

But these militant Islamists come along and tell people what they are, and the Democrats say, "No, you are not what you say you are. You are extremists in the name of Islam." It's amazing.
You can tell the Democrats, you can be called whatever you want. Now, we conservatives can't tell 'em what we want to be called. They're gonna call us whatever they want, but anybody else, the terrorist community -- that's how Marie Harf would speak -- the terrorist community, they come along, and they openly admit who they are. And the State Department, "No, you're not. No, no, you're not. You are extremists in the name of Islam."

But we never hear about extremism in the name of conservatism, do we? You know, ISIS is now recruiting in Afghanistan less than one month after Obama ended the combat mission there. ISIS is there recruiting. Yeah, he did that while he was in Hawaii. People didn't notice this, Drive-Bys didn't, but he ended combat missions in Afghanistan while he was in Hawaii. Oh. Get this. The guy leading ISIS in Afghanistan is a former detainee at Club Gitmo. He's a former detainee at Guantanamo Bay that we released.

And get this, folks. The Drive-Bys are so excited, they can't see straight.
The AP has just run a story: "France ordered prosecutors around the country to crack down on hate speech, anti-Semitism and those glorifying terrorism. ... Authorities said 54 people had been arrested for hate speech and defending terrorism," in the last week. I can't believe the French? The French are running around arresting people for defending terrorism in the last week? Normally the French would be running around defending terrorism. All it takes is a big attack.

I'm a little confused about this too, because I mean, you read this from the article. "France ordered prosecutors around the country to crack down on hate speech, anti-Semitism and those glorifying terrorism. ... Authorities said 54 people had been arrested for hate speech and defending terrorism," in the last week. Now, I thought the demonstration in Paris was to show solidarity over freedom of speech. I thought that was one of the reasons for that big powwow, you know, that Obama didn't go to. We had, what, 44 different world leaders there, and I thought one of the reasons for that demonstration was to stand up for freedom of speech. Ah, just it's amazing. I don't know any more details than what I've shared with you about this crackdown on hate speech.

But I do know this. The Drive-Bys are gonna interpret that as the French government's going after Charles Hebdo.
Well, let's go back, let's examine NBC. Let's go back to the Grooveyard of Forgotten Sound Bites. I want to take you back to March 27th, 2012, right there on the Today show again, and I want you to listen to this. Your memory might be jogged here. This is an audio clip of the 911 call from George Zimmerman to the police the night he got into it with Trayvon Martin, Obama's would-have-been son. This is the actual beginning-to-end sound bite. This is what NBC aired as they told people this is how Zimmerman's call to 911 that night about Trayvon Martin sounded.

ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black.

RUSH: Now, your memory's coming back to you now, isn't it? They edited that. They edited that. Somebody at NBC Miami edited this on purpose. Zimmerman didn't say that. Well, he said it, but after being asked. NBC clearly wanted to portray Zimmerman as a racist, as a "white Hispanic" racist. And you might ask, "Rush, why do they do that?" I'll tell you exactly why. It's knee-jerk, folks. These are liberals in the media.

How best to describe this? They have inculcated beliefs. They are not curious. They are not open-minded. They are closed-minded, and they simply belief conservatism is racist. They just believe it. It is. It's not debatable. There's nobody that disagrees with that. Everybody knows that conservatives are racist. Everybody knows that "white Hispanics" are racists, and everybody knows that some white guy beating on a black guy has to be racist. No other explanation. This is what they're taught. So the editor at NBC, he just knows it's true, so he is editing this so that it's presented in a way that he thinks everybody already understands.

I think some people make the mistake of thinking that NBC sat in their editing room and said, "Okay, how can we screw this up? How can we twist this guy's words? How can we make him look like something he's not?" That's not the thought process. The idea that George Zimmerman is not a racist never enters their mind. The fact that George Zimmerman was beating up on Trayvon Martin was all they need. He's a racist, okay, so that's a truth. So they, in reporting the news, are gonna make that as simple to understand as possible. They go in there and edit the tape and have it say what they know Zimmerman already thinks. This is who they are, folks.

They're dead wrong over 90% of the time, and the other time they lie, but they are the most prejudiced, bigoted people you could possibly imagine.
It's not that they thought Zimmerman was innocent and they wanted to make him guilty. They thought he was guilty the first moment they heard the story. And they thought he was guilty 'cause he had to be a racist. He was beating up on a black guy. It had to be. There can be no other explanation. Trayvon Martin, there's no way Trayvon Martin isn't innocent. It's impossible. Not in America, where there's institutional racism against blacks. It simply isn't possible.

So they've got the 911 call, and they edit it for time and have it say what they already know to be true. That's what I think happens with this stuff. I don't think that they're so open-minded that they think Zimmerman's innocent but they don't like him and want to make him guilty. I think from the moment they hear of the incident, Zimmerman's dead, he's guilty. And they go out and they've got this 911 call, and they can prove it. Just takes a couple snips and they edit it. But here's what really happened on that 911 call. George Zimmerman is talking to the 911 operator, and listen, and you'll hear -- and it's not subtle, I mean, it's a glaring difference and a glaring example of how just misrepresentational the first one was.

ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about.

OPERATOR: Okay. And this guy, is he white, black, or Hispanic?

ZIMMERMAN: He looks black.

RUSH: Okay, so the whole sound bite takes 13 seconds. NBC's edited version took five seconds. The edited version: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black." The real 911 call, Zimmerman's asked. He doesn't describe Trayvon Martin's appearance. He describes his actions, behaviors, but he does not describe his appearance. The 911 operator has to ask him, and Zimmerman does not say "he is black." He says, "He looks black to me." It's the last thing on his mind. But these people, no, no, Zimmerman went after the guy 'cause he's black. That's the only reason he went after him. That's what America is, it's institutionally racist.

Look, Ferguson, Missouri, it's how you explain that. "Hands up, don't shoot" didn't happen. Doesn't matter, it does somewhere else, and so it may as well have happened. But the cops are not shooting black kids every day. "Well, they want to so it may as well have happened here. We're gonna report it that way because everybody knows that's what happens in America." This is the way the left is, particularly their educated ones that come out of journalism school, this is the way they're taught to put stories together. Okay, you got this element -- like the Duke lacrosse case. Automatic. Okay, you have an African-American, poor exotic dancer. Oh, my God, victim, sex object, has to go out and humiliate herself to earn an income in this despicable country.

Here come these white, rich lacrosse players. Hell, yes, she's telling the truth. drat right they raped her. There's no question about it. Except that they didn't. Well, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter in this case; it does happen, and they wanted to. That's who they are. That's what America is. This is what they're taught. That's why, when they're shown how wrong they are, they don't admit they're wrong. They're not wrong; they've been educated. They know how racist and bigoted and homophobic the country is. That's why arguing the truth with them is a worthless exercise.

I learned this my first three years doing media interviews. I learned there's no way it changes their mind. They're not after the truth. They're after anything they can do to confirm their bigotry. They don't call it bigotry, but that's what they are.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/14/drive_bys_still_struggling_with_how_much_free_speech_should_be_tolerated
In summation: Liberals are the real racists

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Holy poo poo that old hillbilly lady from Nebraska is super loving crazy. Even Rush just had to sit there and let her babble on because these are the kind of dangerous unstable people he inspires.

It's hilarious she went and cancelled her health insurance to spite the president. It's like that old joke where all Republicans would die if Obama told them oxygen is good.

quote:

CALLER: They have been deceived but, yeah, those of us who didn't vote for Obama and who see what's going on, we can sense every day because get back on the hamster wheel and we allow a militarized government -- the EPA, the IRS, the Department of Education -- to intimidate us into doing what the government wants us to do --
The idea of a "militarized" EPA, IRS, and DoE is totally laughable on its own, but it gets even better when you remember Republicans were the ones who literally wanted schoolteachers forced to carry around assault rifles.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

This probably ended well

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Vertical Lime posted:

This probably ended well

There is no way it could be worse than Bill O'Reilly inviting David Duke on.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Vertical Lime posted:

This probably ended well

Dude, Hannity, I know what the guy looks like but he's a duck hunter, not an Imam.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No this is a totally normal way to talk.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Literal calls for genocide on Fox News. Not even implied. "Convert all muslims or kill them, and they aren't going to convert". It's a tad disorienting that we've reached the stage where this is practically normal.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Extremist groups assert that the US is at war with Islam, millions of Americans enthusiastically agree.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

This probably ended well

You know how I know the right is in trouble?

These are the type of people they're trotting out to represent their base. Not businessmen, not people within the world of science, not anyone from a normal background. Backwoods, Bible Thumping Lunatics....that's all they have left.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FuzzySkinner posted:

These are the type of people they're trotting out to represent their base. Not businessmen, not people within the world of science, not anyone from a normal background. Backwoods, Bible Thumping Lunatics....that's all they have left.

That's a business man who just happens to have a bible thumping pastiche since it's profitable to do so.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Remember back in 2008 when John McCain built his Presidential campaign around a unemployed, unlicensed plumber named Sam (but who called himself "Joe")?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Remember when the world was innocent and Fox trotted out Joe the Plumber?

Edit: You didn't build that

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

Remember back in 2008 when John McCain built his Presidential campaign around a unemployed, unlicensed plumber named Sam (but who called himself "Joe")?

That scrub? Tito the Builder is the superior "regular Joe who just happens to love tax cuts for the rich" talking head.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

PostNouveau posted:

That scrub? Tito the Builder is the superior "regular Joe who just happens to love tax cuts for the rich" talking head.

I had not heard of Tito The Builder before and thought this was a photoshop. Another of the few tiny remaining shreds of my soul has died.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Fake backwoods Bible-thumping lunatics, actually.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Has anyone asked Ted Nugent what he thinks of all this radical Islam stuff? I bet he'd have some insightful things to say, probably involving the insertion of assault rifles into bodily orifices.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Ah yes, famed foreign policy expert, Guy-Who-Shoots-Ducks-on-TV

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What the hell? I thought they at least interviewed people that we are supposed to believe know what they are talking about, not a fake personality designed to sell a product to rubes. Are they going to video conference with Marmaduke or some other totally unrelated fictional character next?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

This probably ended well

Let me ask this backwoods yahoo what he thinks of geopolitical events and trends!

Hannity is a parody of himself it's insane.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Kellsterik posted:

Extremist groups assert that the US is at war with Islam, millions of Americans enthusiastically agree.

I remember back when Southland Tales was a 2 hour long LF fakepost, but now it just seems like a completely likely response by society

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vertical Lime posted:

This probably ended well

"Hi, my only claim to fame is a crappy reality TV show and duck calls, let me tell you about world events."

PostNouveau posted:

So we have Joe the Plumber, Tito the Building, now we need Dave the Electrician and Harry the Construction Manager and we have a house built.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

CommieGIR posted:

So we have Joe the Plumber, Tito the Building, now we need Dave the Electrician and Harry the Construction Manager and we have a house built.

Or a cheaply animated educational children's cartoon.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CommieGIR posted:

And then Larry the Cable Guy can get you Fox News.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Vertical Lime posted:

This probably ended well

I've never been prouder of the one time I had to pee into a duck dynasty cup because my toilet was broken.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Radish posted:

What the hell? I thought they at least interviewed people that we are supposed to believe know what they are talking about, not a fake personality designed to sell a product to rubes. Are they going to video conference with Marmaduke or some other totally unrelated fictional character next?

He's been a conservative hero for a year or so because he said he didn't like gay people.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You know who else doesn't like gay people? That's right

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Tender Bender posted:

He's been a conservative hero for a year or so because he said he didn't like gay people.
And that you should marry women while they're super young, because the older ones won't "pick your ducks". Truly, he is the best among us. :v:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Grifters who know how to push angry oldsters buttons? On my FOX News?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Jesus I knew Fox News had some crazy pundits but :stare:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get Reaaaaaaady to Ruuuuuuuumbleee

quote:

Both sides in the same-sex marriage debate are looking to the Supreme Court as it decides whether or not to weigh in on the issue. The High Court is set to discuss cases from Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee, and decide whether to rule on petitions challenging state bans on same-sex marriage. We’ll debate what has become a key social issue within the country, exclusively with Ted Olson, former Solicitor General who served as Co-Counsel for the plaintiffs in Virginia’s same-sex marriage case, and Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council.

10 A.M.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 15, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Get Reaaaaaaady to Ruuuuuuuumbleee

10 A.M.

I'm sure that no other pictures exist of Ted Olsen.

Remember kids: fair and balanced!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Radish posted:

To be fair, Phil Robertson does not appear to be a fake personality. It's his son that adopted his personality for the show/business. Say what you want about Phil (and you should, he's a crazy right wing nutjob), that's been him since long before the show.