Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Neither is killing in general.
It's more Jedi-like than maiming a random rear end in a top hat at a bar you could have easily mind controlled to calm down, especially since you'd assume being drunk makes you more susceptible to mental persuasion.

They go on and on about how Jedi fighting styles are super humane because they only aim to neutralise a threat without killing and only cut off like a hand or an arm. I dunno if they've ever considered maybe not using a weapon that vaporises everything it touches instead. Even the loving stormtoopers have stun guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
a more civilised weapon

*cuts someones loving arm off*

hmmm yes quite

necroid
May 14, 2009

Moola posted:

a more civilised weapon

hmmm yes quite

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

a more civilised weapon

hmmm yes quite

It was an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

I'd say something that cleanly slices through tissue and armor while cauterizing wounds is pretty elegant.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

I'd say something that cleanly slices through tissue and armor while cauterizing wounds is pretty elegant.

OT canon says it doesn't cauterise look at this scrub

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

david... posted:

OT canon says it doesn't cauterise look at this scrub

Hey, canon is whatever the gently caress Disney wants it be now and I really don't think they're gonna show bloody dismemberment in the new films.

Why don't you go cry some tears for your precious OT canon alongside the EU mourners. poo poo's loving dead son, heil Disney.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Weird BIAS posted:

I swear there was some nonsense about Mace being like, a dark jedi or some nonsense, like more in tune with the dark side of the force but still being a good guy somehow.

gently caress

mace has a purple lightsaber and is actually channeling his gayness into it

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SaltLick posted:

mace has a purple lightsaber and is actually channeling his gayness into it

Samuel asked George for a purple lightsaber. The EU transformed this into "Mace Windu uses a purple lightsaber because he is conflicted, and by the way this inner conflict makes him the greatest Jedi lightsaber master."

So far, having BMF inscribed on the hilt has not been explained.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Are there blowjobs in the EU?

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Perestroika posted:

They go on and on about how Jedi fighting styles are super humane because they only aim to neutralise a threat without killing and only cut off like a hand or an arm. I dunno if they've ever considered maybe not using a weapon that vaporises everything it touches instead. Even the loving stormtoopers have stun guns.

Yeah, given that the stormtroopers can easily switch between lethal and incapacitating modes, it should be easy to incorporate into a laser sword.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Inevitable posted:

Yes, but it's called balajabbo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
not the cunnilings!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Weird BIAS posted:

I swear there was some nonsense about Mace being like, a dark jedi or some nonsense, like more in tune with the dark side of the force but still being a good guy somehow.

gently caress

Oh god. "guy who channels the power of his inner darkness and uses it for good" is basically peak Mary Sue. How did I never hear about this?
Mace Windu is Shadow the Hedgehog. Or worse he's a Hedgehog OC.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Inevitable posted:

Let's have a looksee

quote:

In the case of Zonama Sekot, a sentient planet asexually produced an offspring before its death.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Why is the black Jedi the one who has to channel his shameful Inner Darkness?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

david... posted:

do you think when mickey is loving minnie he ever gets weirded out that they look identical

mickey is a narcissist so he's p into it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Moola posted:

UNLIMIIIIIIITED POWWWWWAAAAA

That scene was awesome because you could just sense how much Ian McDiarmid was enjoying himself.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Why is the black Jedi the one who has to channel his shameful Inner Darkness?

Because Lucas and his former hack team of EU writers were completely oblivious to all matters of race, not even considering they may be perpetrating the "angry black man" stereotype. Morgan Freeman would have been a much better choice for a wise counselor and leader.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Windu seemed pretty chill in the movies. Wasn't really anything angry about him any all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shadeoses posted:

Windu seemed pretty chill in the movies. Wasn't really anything angry about him any all.

Yeah he was pretty chill apart from the usual stick-up-the-rear end attitude that comes from being a Jedi.

Like when he wasn't on duty he probably kicked back in a recliner with a six pack of space beer and watched the spaceball playoffs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
speaking of, I assume there's some horrible EU bullshit about what off-duty Jedi did for recreation

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Trevor Hale posted:

Weren't his lungs force crushed by Mace Windu who wound up feeling INFINITE SADNESS for such a barbaric display?

That's a pretty good example of how much of a mess EU crap is. In the original clone wars cartoons of which, the end was supposed to tie right up to the opening minute of episode 3, features Mace Windu crushing the generals chest while trying to stop the general from abducting Sheev. Until then dumb Jedis kept trying to force push Grievious but it didn't work cause his clawed feet would dig in, Mace is smart though so he went for a direct attack.

In the book Labyrinth of Evil totally different poo poo happens to the exact same characters during the exact same time period (literally minutes before the opening of 3, the attack on coruscant, etc)

Both of these things were released within a year of each other and both bridge episodes 2-3 in totally different ways proving once again the EU is poo poo.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

speaking of, I assume there's some horrible EU bullshit about what off-duty Jedi did for recreation

Ki Adi Mundi (conehead Jedi from the prequels, also my fav) comes from a planet where women outnumber men 50 to 1 so in his downtime he chills with his 20 wives and 60 kids.

Edit: unrelated; I wish Durge showed up more, he was great.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 15, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cyberball 2072 posted:

That's a pretty good example of how much of a mess EU crap is. In the original clone wars cartoons of which, the end was supposed to tie right up to the opening minute of episode 3, features Mace Windu crushing the generals chest while trying to stop the general from abducting Sheev. Until then dumb Jedis kept trying to force push Grievious but it didn't work cause his clawed feet would dig in, Mace is smart though so he went for a direct attack.

In the book Labyrinth of Evil totally different poo poo happens to the exact same characters during the exact same time period (literally minutes before the opening of 3, the attack on coruscant, etc)

Both of these things were released within a year of each other and both bridge episodes 2-3 in totally different ways proving once again the EU is poo poo.

See also the fifty-six different sets of Death Star plans stolen by two hundred and seven different groups at thirty-nine different places and times.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Probably meditate, ponder the Force, tinker with their lightsabre, balance their chaotic emotions, think hard about celibacy, etc.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like seriously, I looked it up once and it turns out that I actually stole the Death Star plans in one story.

I think Death Star plans were just given out if you sent in three or four Space Flakes box tops.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

See also the fifty-six different sets of Death Star plans stolen by two hundred and seven different groups at thirty-nine different places and times.

Yea, one of the last things I read was Death Star and guess what happens again in that loving book? (This time it's a librarian, maybe those bothans didn't die after all, fuckin lying rear end mon mothma)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Shadeoses posted:

Probably meditate, ponder the Force, tinker with their lightsabre, balance their chaotic emotions, think hard about celibacy, etc.

Once a year they all go kayaking on the white water moon of Endor.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Yea, one of the last things I read was Death Star and guess what happens again in that loving book? (This time it's a librarian, maybe those bothans didn't die after all, fuckin lying rear end mon mothma)

Bothans stole poo poo about the second Death Star, not the first one.

At least in the movies.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I have read both Tarkin and A New Dawn, the first novels in the new Disney EU, and they have yet to broach this directly. Seems like Death Star is halfway complete well before Rebels began

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Bothans stole poo poo about the second Death Star, not the first one.

At least in the movies.

Huh, I thought the "many bothans died..." was from 4, it's been a long time since I've watched em.

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

I have read both Tarkin and A New Dawn, the first novels in the new Disney EU, and they have yet to broach this directly. Seems like Death Star is halfway complete well before Rebels began

I keep meaning to get Tarkin, wish there was more empire centric stuff out there, the politics and endless backstabbing make for fun stories.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well guess what, times have changed."

gently caress Republic Commando was awesome.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I keep meaning to get Tarkin, wish there was more empire centric stuff out there, the politics and endless backstabbing make for fun stories.

I certainly did not hate it in any sense, but it left me desiring more of the political manuverings you mentioned. I would definitely recommend A New Dawn to any of you guys, but Tarkin definitely requires patience for monologues and the like.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
To not betray the spirit of the thread I just found Maul: Lockdown in full on YouTube to listen to while working, so far it has been 15 minutes of rather graphic descriptions of Maul killing things with his bare hands.

Thanks Star Wars!

Crushing tracheas and eyeballs in sockets with your fingers is like poetry!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Cyberball 2072 posted:

To not betray the spirit of the thread I just found Maul: Lockdown in full on YouTube to listen to while working, so far it has been 15 minutes of rather graphic descriptions of Maul killing things with his bare hands.

Thanks Star Wars!

Crushing tracheas and eyeballs in sockets with your fingers is like poetry!

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
So what was the dinner conversation like on cloud city when Vader captured Han, Leia and Chewy? I'm guessing pretty awkward.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blistex posted:

So what was the dinner conversation like on cloud city when Vader captured Han, Leia and Chewy? I'm guessing pretty awkward.

Vader did that annoying sucking thing with his straw all through it.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Edit: unrelated; I wish Durge showed up more, he was great.

He was easily an unforgettable forgettable character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Blistex posted:

It's always a little awkward when you first meet the father of the girl you're railing.

• Locked thread